Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 06-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #101
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeableMe View Post
Well yes it is me in my avatar, but that one line made it clear the rest of the PM was all just bait to reel me in... didn't even try to casually ask whether it was me, just a clear "if you don't look like that, goodbye"

Why would anyone respond to someone with that attitude?
Hm. And...shoving your cleavage into the face of the people is...what exactly?

Old 06-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #102
celticlady
Really Experienced

How precisely is LikeableMe "...shoving [her] cleavage in the face of people..."?

Old 06-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #103
RedSilk69
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_shiva View Post
Oh and I agree, stop asking me to ask questions about you. Could you be any more narcissistic?
I had a date *literally* say to me, "well, I've talked enough about me. Do you have any questions about me?"

Old 06-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #104
LikeableMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
What has my choice of avatar got to do with someone suggesting "it has to be you in the photo, or don't talk to me"?

Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #105
RedSilk69
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticlady View Post
How precisely is LikeableMe "...shoving [her] cleavage in the face of people..."?

We all draw conclusions based on an avatar that reveal things about us, and no-one else.

Primadonnalex, can you clarify why, exactly, you drew this conclusion? It might be interesting.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #106
light_shiva
Sailor Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSilk69 View Post
I had a date *literally* say to me, "well, I've talked enough about me. Do you have any questions about me?"

That would be my first and last ever date with that dude!

Where can you find me? ICTH v2 | Strong Arms | My Stories | Beautiful Pictures

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #107
LikeableMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticlady View Post
Exactly.. thank you. I'm not sure why I'm suddenly being attacked, just for commenting that someone was only interested in talking if it's me in the avatar, and not to reply if it isn't. Just stating what I've received, I haven't said anything offensive to or about anyone. I receive a lot of horny PMs, I ignore them. My original point was that I actually received one I liked, that seemed different, until the writer said he's not interested if it's not my photo in the avatar.

I replied that it is me, and ignored all further communications. This is 'how to write a PM to a woman' and my point that being witty and interesting was a good way to go about it, and the last line undid all of that is a valid one, and relevant to the topic.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #108
LikeableMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSilk69 View Post

Haha that would have me up and leaving immediately!

Old 06-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #109
LikeableMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
Using that logic, I could write a PM to someone with an avatar like yours, saying "hey, I liked what you said on the boards, I think we'd really get on, but if you're not a real king, never mind, don't reply".

Old 06-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #110
LikeableMe
Literotica Guru

As I said earlier in this post, I am currently going through a bereavement. I am here to distract myself from it, and thought I was getting into an interesting conversation here. I am not in a place where I can handle being in the firing line. So if it's going to end up that way, I'd rather just leave the conversation. I don't have the energy, or headspace to handle it.

Take care!

Old 06-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #111
celticlady
Really Experienced

[quote=RedSilk69;86492810]

We all draw conclusions based on an avatar that reveal things about us, and no-one else.

Exactly!

Old 06-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #112
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawyn View Post
I only just read this link, and it is perfect ... although they do really skirt around the elephant in the room - compatibility. You can't make yourself be the 'right' person for someone else, no matter what you do, and to some extent you just have to trust that person when they indicate that they're just not that into you. I've had guys put huge amounts of energy into me, and still just be friends ... and then another guy just has to glance across a room at me and I'm totally there.
I think a certain environment needs to be created for you to establish whether or not you're compatible ... I'm not entirely sure whether the things I've mentioned here are about creating that environment, or just indicators of a lack of compatibility for me.

But even once the environment has been created, if you're still not feeling it, that's unlikely to change. So is that maybe the problem - we're saying 'X, Y and Z need to be in place to create an environment in which I can work out if we're compatible' ... but the result of that may still be 'no', and hence the (mostly) guys are saying 'but I did X Y and Z, and she still said no'.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs

Last edited by KimGordon67 : 06-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #113
La damnee elle la licorne

Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #114
fit_sexual_male50
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
I only just read this link, and it is perfect ... although they do really skirt around the elephant in the room - compatibility. You can't make yourself be the 'right' person for someone else, no matter what you do, and to some extent you just have to trust that person when they indicate that they're just not that into you. I've had guys put huge amounts of energy into me, and still just be friends ... and then another guy just has to glance across a room at me and I'm totally there.
I think a certain environment needs to be created for you to establish whether or not you're compatible ... I'm not entirely sure whether the things I've mentioned here are about creating that environment, or just indicators of a lack of compatibility for me.

But even once the environment has been created, if you're still not feeling it, that's unlikely to change. So is that maybe the problem - we're saying 'X, Y and Z need to be in place to create an environment in which I can work out if we're compatible' ... but the result of that may still be 'no', and hence the (mostly) guys are saying 'but I did X Y and Z, and she still said no'.
Eloquent yet succinct. Even "No" from such a gentle women, would be a treasure.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #115
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit_sexual_male50 View Post
Eloquent yet succinct. Even "No" from such a gentle women, would be a treasure.
You'd be surprised at how often people don't seem to think that though.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #116
fit_sexual_male50
Literotica Guru

Quote:
You'd be surprised at how often people don't seem to think that though.
These aren't quite the halls of Columbia University Law school. Their opinions, like themselves are quickly swallowed up by the sea of inanity in which they dwell.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:33 AM   #117
thinkingofyou3000
Literotica Guru

Location: Still in never neverland...its a great place to live, but difficult to grow up here :) Some people refer to it as California
Quote:
This is sort of related to point 3, and really shouldn't need saying, but apparently it does. OK, we all edit ourselves a bit online, but if you're trying to be 'someone else', we're going to work it out eventually. (See my 'Some poly ...' thread for the story of the NY steel worker.) The totally fake persona thing is one thing ... but this extends to just trying to be more anything or less anything than you actually are. Following on from Point 3, a couple of times when I've said 'I'm just not feeling it', the guy has said 'What do you want me to me - I can be anything you want'. Sigh. If you're not explicitly working in a RP context, this is an impossible question. Can you be Clive Owen - like, actual Clive Owen, not just RPing Clive Owen? I'm suspecting probably not, so no, you can't be anything I want - similarly, I probably can't be anything you want, unless you're wanting a slightly grumpy 50 year old woman who never goes to the gym (which seems pretty unlikely). And if I said 'I want XYZ', it would just be mean ... and also a bit egotistical. I'm OK, but I'm not that amazing that you should want to alter your personality in order to keep me talking to you.
This is hard, I know. When I first started mucking around online, I was quite nervous about being honest about myself, and even recently it's bitten me in the arse a bit. But oh well ... ultimately I'd rather be disliked for being myself than being someone else. I say stupid things, I'm grumpy, sometimes I think of something quite clever, I'm often quite kind, I have somewhat unpredictable morals ... we're all weird combinations of complex stuff. That's the fun of it all. So try to be honest about yourself ... and if you can't put it all out there, which really no one does, just be honest with the stuff you are putting out there.
Well I have now read all your advice about PMs, so I think I will take the safe road and not try to send a PM to you. Seriously though, its all good advice! I apologize to all those women that have had to delete pics of my body parts! Oh wait, fortuantely I have not sent any of those.

I really just wanted you to know that your advice would be good for all of us men to read. I am sure I have broken the rules more than once, but for the most part I try to just put a smile on the receiver's face (without the use of pics!).

Well done!

Old 08-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #118
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofyou3000 View Post
Well I have now read all your advice about PMs, so I think I will take the safe road and not try to send a PM to you. Seriously though, its all good advice! I apologize to all those women that have had to delete pics of my body parts! Oh wait, fortuantely I have not sent any of those.

I really just wanted you to know that your advice would be good for all of us men to read. I am sure I have broken the rules more than once, but for the most part I try to just put a smile on the receiver's face (without the use of pics!).

Well done!
*suggestions ...

Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #119
bbwpeach

Nice thread, much needed here on Lit! I have some pretty simple rules for PMs. I'm likely to answer if the man is:
1. Polite
2. Sincerely interested
3. Not sending a copy-and-paste message I've seen before and is sent to the masses
4. Capable of writing complete sentences
5. Not into sending me pics of his manly parts, particularly parts that are dolled up in little costumes

Be nice, be yourself and don't try to be so clever. That is all. 🙂

Old 08-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #120
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwpeach View Post
Nice thread, much needed here on Lit! I have some pretty simple rules for PMs. I'm likely to answer if the man is:
1. Polite
2. Sincerely interested
3. Not sending a copy-and-paste message I've seen before and is sent to the masses
4. Capable of writing complete sentences
5. Not into sending me pics of his manly parts, particularly parts that are dolled up in little costumes

Be nice, be yourself and don't try to be so clever. That is all. 🙂
That happens? At least it demonstrates some sort of creativity and/or a sense of humour!

Old 08-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #121
bbwpeach

Quote:
That happens? At least it demonstrates some sort of creativity and/or a sense of humour!
It happens. But quite honestly, seeing a dick dressed up like a little sailor makes me double over laughing...and not in a "sexy sense of humor" kind of way. I just want to salute and say "Ahoy, matey!" And run as far away as I can.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #122
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/Kokigami-Inti.../dp/0898153972

Old 08-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #123
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
That's totally made my day. I will happily accept dick pics themed in this way

Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #124
MeekMe
Unsweetened

Mr. Cocky is a dick pic hero.

This was unfortunately all I could find to put here, but he does a lot of different pictures and they're all really great.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #125
bbwpeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeekMe View Post
[url="http://kinkstersforcritters.com/store/mr-cocky-2015-calendar/"]Mr. Cocky is a dick pic hero
Haha! Mr. Cocky indeed.