Lit story that influenced you

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Posts
16,211
Is there a particular Literotica story that has influenced your own writing?

In my case, I can say yes, there is.

I spent over 10 years reading stories on this site before posting my first one. At one point or another, I read stories in just about every category. But about 10 years ago I stumbled across Davidwriter's Car Show Slut series. Something about the erotic zaniness of the title grabbed me. The story did, too, when I read it, and ever since reading that story I've been especially interested in erotic stories about professional or well-heeled women who give in to their exhibitionist desires. Most of my stories, so far, have been in this vein, and it's a theme I expect to explore further.
 
Well, all right then.

One might well wonder, if that's so . . . why are you here?

Oh, don't worry about him. He's just doing his due diligence as the forum's local edgelord. :)

I, personally, really liked Waterburn's The Last Tritan when it was still around and also DoctorWolf's A Slave to the Servants. I'm a big fan of noncon stories with Sci-Fi/Fantasy elements and am working on one right now. I usually like to have a couple different projects going at once.
 
One series that sticks in my mind is Sun, Shade, and Neighbors by Glendale 22. It seemed more realistic than most of the stories I'd read up to that point, and got me thinking about where I wanted my own stories to go.
 
One of the best I have ever read is "Jonas Agonistes" by Malraux.
Another damned good one is "Her Fairy-tale life"
I really enjoyed those.
 
The "Cock of Ages" series by Creamer was one of the first things that truly hooked me on Literotica. I'm not much for the multi-chapter odysseys but this was an exception; it really felt like reading chapters of a book, and I admired the technical strength, ambition and sheer balls-to-the-wall eroticism of it. To this day one of the most memorable things I've read here, and one of the major reasons I finally started writing here.

(PS. Honourable mentions also go out to several stories by natashastevenserotica and AMoveableBeast, all of which examples seem to have since been removed -- which hopefully means they've gone on to further life in other publications / anthologies. Two writers whose work made my own more ambitious. There was an AMB Erotic Horror joint featuring a lust demon protagonist that I particularly admired.)

(PPS. And my personal award for Unapologetic Joy in Fanfic goes out the Thatawfulwowporno, a person who signed up on Lit purely to post an immense odyssey of a World of Warcraft fanfic which for some reason I find really charming, despite not having much interest in the franchise myself. They're another exception to my general wariness of multi-chapter odysseys, in this case because their wacky fanfic never seems to lose its energy regardless of its interminable meandering. My go-to for reminding myself not to be afraid to just have fun with shit.)
 
Last edited:
Paco Fears Words on Skin and Stolen Kisses. Two stories that show anyone who thinks incest can't have a,story and be well written is dead wrong

Also perfect examples of "incest romance" another thing nay sayers of the category dont get. But i cant blame them because of how much sis is hot why not plotless naterial on here.
 
Paco Fears Words on Skin and Stolen Kisses. Two stories that show anyone who thinks incest can't have a,story and be well written is dead wrong.


Agree these two stories are beautifully written - they're not an influence on my writing, except in the sense that erotica can be very moving, and doesn't have to be wham bam thank you ma'am (or in this case, Sis) to be effective.
 
Selena Kitt. Although I read her books first and then read about how she got started. And a story called Miaw: Life of the Party really caught my imagination and helped me get started.
 
The Perfect Game, by TxTallTales. That was the one that got me hooked here, and what I forwarded to the few friends I thought would appreciate it (they did!).

There were also dozens more that inspired me to write, but it wasn't because of how awesome they were. I thought they sucked, and not the kind you unzip for. I thought I could do better than the knuckle-dragging cretins that wrote garbage, so I tried my hand at it. Oops. I became one of them. My older stories kind of suck that way, but I think I've gotten better.

It was that The Perfect Game story that was my first favorite here, and I aspired to be able to write as well, and with as much imagination, as he did. The following chapters weren't quite as good, but still better than a lot of the other stuff I read.

At this point, I'm not trying to "match" another writer, I'm just trying to do a good job of writing smut. It's fun to read and write, and being somewhat better at it makes me feel good.
 
None for me.

It was a long time ago when I read much on Lit--not long after it started. My influences are Fitzgerald and Hemingway, and any number of writers from my youth: Heinlein, Clarke, Asimov, Bradbury -- even Enid Blyton.

The way I want to express sensuality is different from all of those influences. It has to do more with past lovers than with past writers.

PS. There are a lot of Lit stories that influenced me away from what they were about, especially in I/T.
 
Last edited:
PacoFear's "Macallan Promises" was a massive influence. I wouldn't have written "Crash Into Me" without having first read that one. "Macallan Promises" deserves every last point of its 4.90 score.

Its also one of only a small handful of stories to have an H a W and a green E

Paco fear only put out about 30 stories in his time here which was a shame because he's a hell of a writer and has some truly epic stories here.
 
None here. I stumbled on the site after a Google search, wrote a long story without looking at anything else here, puzzled over how to post it, and then waited and waited for it to show up. (Took a couple weeks). I had no idea there were rules, hadn't found any FAQs (really hadn't looked very hard though)... in retrospect it's basically by luck it was accepted, as it happened to follow the rules but it easily might not have. I'd written very little erotica before that, and had rarely read any, so I really can't point to an erotic influence.

In retrospect I think I'm glad. I have my own style of writing erotic scenes, which seems to resonate with some people, and I like that it's purely my own. For writing in general I've had influences, but that doesn't bother me - if you read, you get influenced.
 
This one’s easy: Laura’s Vineyard by ronde. (College student learns about love from older woman.)

ronde seems to have written his last story in 2004 (One Life to Live). His first appeared in 2001 (Grace and the Mystery Rider). Both are in the Romance category, as are most of the 40+ other stories (and 3 poems). All but one have a red H, and he has 4 editors’ green E’s and 4 contest winners—including Laura’s Vineyard. Quite the prolific and commendable output for such a short time. I’ve been afraid to read more than a few, lest I get discouraged by the high bar he set.

Laura’s Vineyard has a score of 4.83, good enough for #36 on the All-Time Top List for Mature, with over 11K votes (it just got 30 more in the last week or so) and close to 400 faves, 500 comments, and a million views (for a 3-page story).

I had been lurking on Lit for 3+ years and one day decided to sample a story or two from the Mature top list. I chose a stand-alone tale, not wanting to spend the time to read the many previous chapters of some mulit-parter. Here’s an excerpt of my comment after reading the story (with spoilers redacted):

This is the story that inspired me to start writing for Literotica

Dammit! This is about the 10th time I've read this since I saw it on a top list last year & my eyes still get wet. I had read many a stroke story on Literotica, enjoyed them all for the most part; but they never really spoke to me in a way that said "hey, why don't you give this a try?" And then I read this story: almost 10K words, long well-crafted buildup painting the characters with words … then an O. Henry twist & a bittersweet ending. Brilliant. (My 1st story went out to an editor this week.)


The male narrator’s demographic fits my own, so the story’s historical setting in the mid-1960s put me right back in the time when the Viet Nam War draft threatened to shorten the lifespan of every able-bodied 18-year old American male.

Warm tears are running down my cheek just now after reading it again. I wish I could write as economically as this author.

(But being the pedantic music nerd that I am, there are no violins in Glenn Miller’s “String of Pearls.”)
 
Back
Top