Old 10-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
HurtsSoGood
Experienced
 
HurtsSoGood is offline
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 68
Question Penny Candy?

Does anyone remember a funny/sexy novel that was published last century in the 70's or 80's called: "Penny Candy"?

I can't find it on Amazon books and there is no single author. Each chapter was written by a different author. The heroine's name was naturally enough "Penny Candy." She was always getting into awkward situations that ended with her fucking someone. It was hilarious and probably was the genesis of my journey into erotic journalism.

Each chapter was similar to one of my favorite stories here on Literotica about a mother and son being trapped in the basement during a hurricane. As the basement caved in bit by bit the mother and son were inexorably forced together in a situation where they were essentially forced to fuck involuntarily. Yes, I know the situation requires tons of "Suspension of Disbelief" just as most science fiction does, but it was a really fun read nonetheless. If anyone can provide me a link the that Literotica story I would appreciate it, thanks.
__________________
John Mellencamp - Hurts So Good
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
rjordan
Literotica Guru
 
rjordan is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsSoGood View Post
Does anyone remember a funny/sexy novel that was published last century in the 70's or 80's called: "Penny Candy"?

I can't find it on Amazon books and there is no single author. Each chapter was written by a different author. The heroine's name was naturally enough "Penny Candy." She was always getting into awkward situations that ended with her fucking someone. It was hilarious and probably was the genesis of my journey into erotic journalism.

Each chapter was similar to one of my favorite stories here on Literotica about a mother and son being trapped in the basement during a hurricane. As the basement caved in bit by bit the mother and son were inexorably forced together in a situation where they were essentially forced to fuck involuntarily. Yes, I know the situation requires tons of "Suspension of Disbelief" just as most science fiction does, but it was a really fun read nonetheless. If anyone can provide me a link the that Literotica story I would appreciate it, thanks.
Are you sure it wasn't "Candy", a novel Terry Southern and Mason Hoffenberg wrote for some quick cash? Playboy ranked it as one of the top 10 or top 100 (something top) sexy novels of all time. I don't remember mom and son chapter, but the rest of the description sounds about right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_...ffenberg_novel)

It's available from amazon and B&N, paper and ebook editions.

I think I read it around 1962. It was being passed around in the barracks.

rj

Last edited by rjordan : 10-07-2017 at 01:06 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,756
I have that scenario in a story here at Lit., but not exactly a mother/son combination.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
HurtsSoGood
Experienced
 
HurtsSoGood is offline
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 68
Yes, that's it! I remember Terry Southern as being one of the authors. Thanks very much. The mother/son thing wasn't in the book, it was a story posted here on Literotica that was just for illustration of the type of situation that Penny got herself into.

I'll try finding the mother/son story by posting about it in the "Looking for a Story?" section.. Many thanks.

Edit to add: Apparently my memory is faulty because I remember the heroine's name being "Penny Candy", but according to Wikipedia's summary here name was "Candy Christian". I just ordered a copy from Amazon.
__________________
John Mellencamp - Hurts So Good

Last edited by HurtsSoGood : 10-07-2017 at 03:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
HurtsSoGood
Experienced
 
HurtsSoGood is offline
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I have that scenario in a story here at Lit., but not exactly a mother/son combination.
Where can I find your story sr71plt? It's the sort of plot that I like.
__________________
John Mellencamp - Hurts So Good
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsSoGood View Post
Where can I find your story sr71plt? It's the sort of plot that I like.
Took a while to find it, and it turns out to be an earthquake rather than a hurricane, but it's "Day the Earth Moved" (https://www.literotica.com/s/day-the-earth-moved). Warning that it's GM, though, which is why I said it was a very different story to mother/son.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
HurtsSoGood
Experienced
 
HurtsSoGood is offline
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Took a while to find it, and it turns out to be an earthquake rather than a hurricane, but it's "Day the Earth Moved" (https://www.literotica.com/s/day-the-earth-moved). Warning that it's GM, though, which is why I said it was a very different story to mother/son.
Ok, thanks sr71plt. Gay male is not my shtick but I like stories where things happen by chance involuntarily so I'll try giving it a read.
__________________
John Mellencamp - Hurts So Good
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsSoGood View Post
Ok, thanks sr71plt. Gay male is not my shtick but I like stories where things happen by chance involuntarily so I'll try giving it a read.
It just hit me when I read your scenario that, hey I've written the scenario, but in GM. I actually wrote it twice. For a military anthology I rewrote that one as "Shell Shocked," putting it in a trench during war, but I'd forgotten I had already posted "Day of the Earthquake" here, so there are essentially two GM cuts at the scenario posted here.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.