The Past Ends With New Beginnings (closed)

zydrate

Sweet Zydrate
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Posts
25,164
(closed)

Reece Banks

*****
She missed the funeral. Maybe it was on purpose or maybe...

Hell, who was she kidding? It was on purpose, being asked to attend her 'father's' funeral after the guy barely acknowledged her and her mother only to make sure she attended his funeral? Yeah, she had good reason to miss it.

The only reason she was here was because of the will reading that took place a couple of days ago. Seems dear old dad left Reece a little something--the entire ranch that was in his family for three generations. Well, she didn't want it. He wasn't family so what did it matter if she sold it? In the end, this wasn't about money, it was about getting rid of something she didn't want to be reminded and then she could go back to her life in LA.

The flight from California to Colorado was uneventful...even if a little dull. She had a layover in Vegas for a few hours and had been tempted to stay for a few days but thought better of it...besides, the sooner she took care of this business, the better.

The first time she asked about her father, Reece was around seven years old and the only answer her mother could give her was that he didn't want anything to do with them because he didn't love them... yeah, that sort of shit would mess up most children but for Reece, she didn't care...she had her uncles who were always there for her and that's all she needed. It wasn't until at the age of sixteen, when Reece's mother had passed, that Reece finally got to meet the father she never knew. But she pushed him away. Blaming him for her mother's death...why? She didn't know. She was young and angry at him for never wanting to be a part of their lives and abandoning her mother when she was pregnant with Reece. So, in the end, Reece refused to go with him and had stayed with one of her uncles instead.

Once Reece found out about the ranch, she knew she didn't want it. What would she want it for? Reece was living in Los Angeles and working as a detective for the LAPD...and she was pretty good..at least she thought so. She didn't know a damn thing about the ranching business, that was for sure.

Driving up to the entrance of the ranch, after an hour in the rental car, Reece paused a minute at the entry gate which had wording on the overhead arch "Lawson Ranch"

With a heavy sigh, she got back into the car, muttering to herself, "Well, let's get this over with..."
 
Back
Top