Old 04-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #251
Svenskaflicka
Fountain

That's because us Swedes have a spelling system that makes much more sense than your English one...

Old 04-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #252
Cuckolded_BlK_Male
Green Light Believer

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but this is the first time that I've ventured into this area of Lit. ...

can one use a previously submitted story in order to fill a category of this game?

-- Hamlet Act III Scene iv

Old 04-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #253
PenanceS
Really Experienced

I belive so, as long as it was posted sometime during this year. However, you might want to check with Chicklet to make sure. Welcome aboard and good luck

Old 04-25-2003, 12:25 PM   #254
Chicklet
plays well with self

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuckolded_BlK_Male
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but this is the first time that I've ventured into this area of Lit. ...

can one use a previously submitted story in order to fill a category of this game?
anything submitted during the 2003 year is okay, but you couldn't submit a story that was posted in 2002.

-Chicklet

Old 05-02-2003, 12:00 AM   #255
Master_Vassago
Literotica Guru

LOL, You're cheating PenanceS. No just some polite ribbing. What, you don't want Me to know how many points is up there for you at the moment? Come,come now, I thought we were having some fun competition. Oh well, T'is alright things will come out in the end.

P.S. This is meant playfull and in no way shape or form mean and evil towards anyone. Thought I would say that before I post just because.

My Stories

Old 05-03-2003, 07:24 PM   #256
Svenskaflicka
Fountain

First quarter of the year done

OK, I just checked the points score so far.

MV - boast all you want.

Old 05-03-2003, 09:14 PM   #257
Master_Vassago
Literotica Guru

Wasn't boasting dear Svenskaflicka, I already have all the stories for every category done just not submitted. I don't really care who wins it's just fun competing.

dammit, your a dirty liar, all you care about is winning, second place is bs

Anyway, I may get beaten in the end but as I said it's just fun putting a lot out there for the readers.

My Stories

Old 05-04-2003, 04:35 PM   #258
Svenskaflicka
Fountain

Quote:
Originally posted by Master_Vassago
Wasn't boasting dear Svenskaflicka, I already have all the stories for every category done just not submitted. I don't really care who wins it's just fun competing.
Kind of like me - I've got all my ideas done, but I haven't written them yet...

Old 05-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #259
sweetnpetite
Intellectual snob

Location: Started from the bottom now I'm here. Asexual Top and bad girl gone good.
how do we change our immunity number? are we allowed to do that?

"Writing is like making love. Don't worry about the orgasm, just concentrate on the process." —Isabel Allende

You Are Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweet. Romanic. Genuine.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #260
DarlingNikki
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetnpetite
how do we change our immunity number? are we allowed to do that?
We're allowed. You just claim your new number on the immunity thread of the week and Chicklet will make a note of it.

...So where has Chicklet been? Is she okay?

Old 05-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #261
Chicklet
plays well with self

Quote:
Originally posted by DarlingNikki
We're allowed. You just claim your new number on the immunity thread of the week and Chicklet will make a note of it.

...So where has Chicklet been? Is she okay?
oh, I just had my heart ripped out and pulled up through my much-too small throat, but I think I'll be okay. (liar, LIAR!)

I'm back now, though. Sorry 'bout the absence.

Old 05-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #262
Master_Vassago
Literotica Guru

Sorry to hear that Chicklet, I would hope no one would do evil towards you. Well at least no more than the random spanking on that fine behind.

My Stories

Old 05-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #263
DarlingNikki

Oh dear. I hope you are going to be okay!

Old 05-07-2003, 09:55 AM   #264
Svenskaflicka
Fountain

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicklet
oh, I just had my heart ripped out and pulled up through my much-too small throat,
Do you want me to come over there and beat them up for you? *pulling up sleeves*

Old 05-12-2003, 03:53 PM   #265
GoodLilPet
Really Experienced

I read that this contest is open to anyone who wishes to join and that we should at least make our presence known, so here I am. I'd like to join. I just wanted it known. lol I have yet to submit my work to Lit, but I have many projects being reviewed by private editors and hope to have them ready for submission soon.

Please vote! And please send feedback!
I'd love to hear from Y/you!

</center>

Old 05-14-2003, 11:52 AM   #266
Chicklet
plays well with self

chain story

CattySwinger has started a chain story on lit. Anyone who wants to get involved in it ought to check it out = )

-Chicklet

LinkLinkLinkLinkZelda

Old 05-14-2003, 03:21 PM   #267
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

A couple of questions actually:

First, in illustrated stories. Can one post photo's for example as a conceptualist for the art series, and as creative director for the shoot - thinking specifically here) for example. I came up with a concept for an art show. Discussed the concept with my partner, who is a photographer, who said she would shoot it. At every shoot, I acted as creative director for the project: directing models, make-up artist, stylist, photographer. So - does all my hard work count? For confirmation of creative direction, I can give website . . .?

Secondly, am I understanding correctly, 1 story or poem for each category, which equals 20. The more people who visit, the more points? And, by posting here, you are automatically entered?

This sounds like a very cool challenge.

Excuse me, a third question: Does one post here, or does one need only post on literotica threads? Or in both places?

Thanks,
Charley

Old 05-14-2003, 03:30 PM   #268
Chicklet
plays well with self

Quote:
Originally posted by CharleyH
A couple of questions actually:

First, in illustrated stories. Can one post photo's for example as a conceptualist for the art series, and as creative director for the shoot - thinking specifically here) for example. I came up with a concept for an art show. Discussed the concept with my partner, who is a photographer, who said she would shoot it. At every shoot, I acted as creative director for the project: directing models, make-up artist, stylist, photographer. So - does all my hard work count? For confirmation of creative direction, I can give website . . .?
Hmm... This is difficult because of the rules I wrote for this year. Here's the thing: I've made it a rule that everyone needed to actually make the art in their photography. But your description is quite reasonable. I personally would think that since you were such an active part of the photography, it could be considered your own work. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Quote:
Secondly, am I understanding correctly, 1 story or poem for each category, which equals 20. The more people who visit, the more points? And, by posting here, you are automatically entered?
Visits and posts do not count towards your score. You may write more than one poem or story for each category, but there are caps on the poetry categories. For detailed rules read the Score and Rule thread. You aren't automatically entered by posting in this thread; you are entered when you create a scorepost in the score thread. You need not enter until the very last day of the contest if you don't want to, though.

Quote:
Excuse me, a third question: Does one post here, or does one need only post on literotica threads? Or in both places?
Hmm...I don't know if I totally understand this question. The contest is only for stories posted on Literotica, and your involvement in the forums isn't required. For some of the categories you might need to involve yourself in coverstations, for instance the Chain Story section.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask here or PM me.

-Chicklet

Old 05-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #269
Svenskaflicka
Fountain

Chicklet, the illustration doesn't have to be a photo, right? It can be a drawing? And if so, can it be a computer-made drawing, or does it have to be drawn by hand?

Old 05-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #270
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

Chicklet,

Thanks for a quick reply. I'm afraid I'm not very savvy when it comes to navigating sites. What I meant by the third question was: Do I post here, where I am, where I am posting at this very moment or, it seems, where I have so far been posting on the discussion board: IE. Contests & Awards - Story Discussion - Poetry Discussion - Authour - Editor, etc. to be included in the contest?

Perhaps I need to be finding another link that I am missing? One that lists categories? Maybe I am lazy, not scrolling down far enough beyond the discussion board?

I expected to find a place called categories: Listed as you have listed in the contest: Anal, BDSM, Celebrities etc.

My question simply is: Can I post a story/poem/etc. ANYWHERE on Lierotica, and it will be counted?

I fear my mind is a sieve as of late.

Apologies for all the confusion - I write insofar as my mind lets me - if it is confused, well, I write in confusion!

Charley

Old 05-14-2003, 06:06 PM   #271
DarlingNikki

Quote:
Chicklet,

Thanks for a quick reply. I'm afraid I'm not very savvy when it comes to navigating sites. What I meant by the third question was: Do I post here, where I am, where I am posting at this very moment or, it seems, where I have so far been posting on the discussion board: IE. Contests & Awards - Story Discussion - Poetry Discussion - Authour - Editor, etc. to be included in the contest?

As Chicklet mentioned, you don't need to post on any of the discussion forums to be entered in the contest, except that if you want to join, you need to put up a score sheet on the score sheet thread. You don't have to do it right away unless you want to claim immunities. If you don't want immunities, you can wait to put up your score sheet on the day before the contest ends.

Perhaps I need to be finding another link that I am missing? One that lists categories? Maybe I am lazy, not scrolling down far enough beyond the discussion board?

I expected to find a place called categories: Listed as you have listed in the contest: Anal, BDSM, Celebrities etc.

You can find the rules and score sheet listing categories here:

Sticky: 2003 Survivor Rules and Scoring Thread It's the first thread in this forum.

My question simply is: Can I post a story/poem/etc. ANYWHERE on Lierotica, and it will be counted?

I fear my mind is a sieve as of late.

Apologies for all the confusion - I write insofar as my mind lets me - if it is confused, well, I write in confusion!

You can post a story in any category and have it count (three points for the first story in each category and one point for each additional story in the same category. Any story posted in the regular story index counts, i.e. posted by using the submit page. Stories only posted in a forum, say, cut and pasted into a thread in Story Feedback, or something you've done in the role-playing forum, do not count.

Charley [/b]
Chicklet, I hope I have this info right and that I'm not stepping on any toes... just trying to help

Old 05-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #272
Chicklet
plays well with self

Quote:
Originally posted by Svenskaflicka
Chicklet, the illustration doesn't have to be a photo, right? It can be a drawing? And if so, can it be a computer-made drawing, or does it have to be drawn by hand?
it can be whatever kind of illustration you want it to be, whether it be photo or drawing or one of your cute computer made illustrations = )

Old 05-15-2003, 12:29 PM   #273
Chicklet
plays well with self

Quote:
no. To count towards the contest your story or poem must go through the site and be posted in the lists of stories. To submit a story to the site go to http://www.literotica.com/stories/index.php, login using the link at the top of that page, select "submit work" which is the third blue option under your info, and go from there.

-Chicklet

Old 05-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #274
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

Thanks both DarlingNikki and Chicklet. I will try both links and see what happens!!!!

Chicklet? Any word, complaints on the conceptualist/art director aspect? How long must one wait? Not that I am impatient or anything . . . just ready to post.

Well - long weekend here in Canada, most notably known as May 24, for that ever so FIRST PARTY 4 SUMMER, but of course, it isn't the 24th - go figure? Anyhow birthday parites abound this weekend, so, if I don't post again . . . 'til next week, and if I do post, well, you'll know - the parties SUCKED!!!! Hmmmm. Which of course, double thinking in my circular way - I HOPE IT DOES SUCK! That would make for a great weekend!

Charleyh

Old 05-16-2003, 05:13 PM   #275
Chicklet
plays well with self

okay i have a way to make it fair -

would you be given credit for the photo officially outside of lit? if yes, then i think it'll be ok. if you wouldn't be given any official credit, then i don't think it's gonna work just for this contest.

either way, it's still allowed to be posted at lit, and you should post it, points or no.

-chicklet