Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #3776
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by latecomer91364 View Post
OMG - Susanna Hoffs was the 80's rocker I most wanted to fuck. Love her...
From the pictures I have seen, this is probably unchanged.
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #3777
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
From the pictures I have seen, this is probably unchanged.
We used to blast this one in the high school darkroom when it came out in the early 70s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rlDTK6QI-w

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #3778
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
We used to blast this one in the high school darkroom when it came out in the early 70s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rlDTK6QI-w

.
Sorry:
'Unavailable in your country'
but I'll look it up.

Meanwhile, I gotta go out; And its a cold morning !
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #3779
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru
 
latecomer91364's Avatar
 
latecomer91364 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On the bottom, silly!
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
We used to blast this one in the high school darkroom when it came out in the early 70s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rlDTK6QI-w

.
Kodachrome is a great song. I loved S & G, but Paul Simon really came into his own big time. I'm still wondering just what he and Julio were caught doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdlpZ4M-Hw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Sorry:
'Unavailable in your country'
but I'll look it up.

Meanwhile, I gotta go out; And its a cold morning !
I know you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Britain, but here's hoping you warm up and have a great day.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #3780
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by latecomer91364 View Post
Kodachrome is a great song. I loved S & G, but Paul Simon really came into his own big time. I'm still wondering just what he and Julio were caught doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVdlpZ4M-Hw


I know you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Britain, but here's hoping you warm up and have a great day.
Another refusal, but I found another copy (of the other, too)
Paul Simon? Damned clever songs from him.

Why, oh why, do the record companies (or whoever!), not realise that the earth is effectively a global village and enable universal downloading of music ?

This is another clever one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtWqmArUU
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Last edited by Handley_Page : 11-23-2017 at 06:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #3781
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Another refusal, but I found another copy (of the other, too)
Paul Simon? Damned clever songs from him.

Why, oh why, do the record companies (or whoever!), not realise that the earth is effectively a global village and enable universal downloading of music ?

This is another clever one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtWqmArUU
Might be fifty ways to leave your lover, but Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 03:30 AM   #3782
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru
 
latecomer91364's Avatar
 
latecomer91364 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On the bottom, silly!
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
Might be fifty ways to leave your lover, but Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.

.
And then there's the 51st way to leave your lover (it's not the breaking up that's hard to do, it's covering your tracks):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIuAz7aryo
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 04:31 AM   #3783
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
Might be fifty ways to leave your lover, but Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.
.
I like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYIiY2wnyU
His music was getting played a bit more, back in the day, and he released an LP of this title. He came to England and played a few fairly quiet gigs (Batley Variety Club was my local one).
So my friend, his missus, with me & mine went and saw Neil Sedaka (three times in the end). Appearing with a large piano and a few sessions blokes, he played new stuff & his old ones (ever heard 'breaking up is hard to do' as a slow song ?). Whilst waiting for something to happen, he started playing Chopin, which came as a bit of as surprise to many in the audience.
It was a bloody good night.


Quote:
Originally Posted by latecomer91364 View Post
And then there's the 51st way to leave your lover (it's not the breaking up that's hard to do, it's covering your tracks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIuAz7aryo
You need a very deep pit in your back garden, (or a private crematorium, perhaps?)
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #3784
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru
 
latecomer91364's Avatar
 
latecomer91364 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On the bottom, silly!
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
I like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYIiY2wnyU
His music was getting played a bit more, back in the day, and he released an LP of this title. He came to England and played a few fairly quiet gigs (Batley Variety Club was my local one).
So my friend, his missus, with me & mine went and saw Neil Sedaka (three times in the end). Appearing with a large piano and a few sessions blokes, he played new stuff & his old ones (ever heard 'breaking up is hard to do' as a slow song ?). Whilst waiting for something to happen, he started playing Chopin, which came as a bit of as surprise to many in the audience.
It was a bloody good night.


You need a very deep pit in your back garden, (or a private crematorium, perhaps?)
As Dave Attell says:

"A friend will help you move. A best friend will help you move a body."
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #3785
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by latecomer91364 View Post
As Dave Attell says:

"A friend will help you move. A best friend will help you move a body."
I've also heard it as:

"A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will provide an alibi."

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #3786
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
I've also heard it as:

"A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will provide an alibi."

.
Lean back and listen to this:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_eVcCAUXo
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #3787
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Lean back and listen to this:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_eVcCAUXo
Life is a Rock, but the Radio Rolled Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kh-AP4OCU

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #3788
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
Life is a Rock, but the Radio Rolled Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kh-AP4OCU

.
Any more Radio Ga ga. ?
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #3789
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Any more Radio Ga ga. ?
Dick Tracy and his famous wrist radio.

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #3790
LiamHDunn
Really Really Experienced
 
LiamHDunn's Avatar
 
LiamHDunn is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
Dick Tracy and his famous wrist radio.

.
Isn't it amazing how yesterday's science fiction is today's reality?
The Buck Rogers comic strip is generally credited with the first modern visualization of z parachute. Right or wrong.
__________________
I am a writer, anything you say just might show up in a story.
Location: PacNW
Occupation: Retired Naval Officer, writer.

My Stories:
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 1
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 2

Please have a look give them the score you think they merit.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #3791
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamHDunn View Post
Isn't it amazing how yesterday's science fiction is today's reality?
The Buck Rogers comic strip is generally credited with the first modern visualization of z parachute. Right or wrong.
Chuck (Charles M) Jones of blessed memory had a Daffy / Bugs one in space. The thing that got me was that it featured a transport mechanism rather like a Star Trek 'teleport'.
Owing to the curious, not to say odd-ball, way of the film management found on YouTube to it's viewers, I'm still trying to find it!
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #3792
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Chuck (Charles M) Jones of blessed memory had a Daffy / Bugs one in space. The thing that got me was that it featured a transport mechanism rather like a Star Trek 'teleport'.
Owing to the curious, not to say odd-ball, way of the film management found on YouTube to it's viewers, I'm still trying to find it!
I was always impressed by Jules Verne being an entire century ahead of NASA in so many ways with "From the Earth to the Moon."

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #3793
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
I was always impressed by Jules Verne being an entire century ahead of NASA in so many ways with "From the Earth to the Moon."

.
I haven't read that for a very long time.
A fault which I must rectify sometime soon.

[He reckoned Mach 32 (36000 feet per second). That's a lot !]
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Last edited by Handley_Page : 11-28-2017 at 03:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #3794
SamScribble
Yeah, still just a guru
 
SamScribble's Avatar
 
SamScribble is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Out there
Posts: 25,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
I haven't read that for a very long time.
A fault which I must rectify sometime soon.

[He reckoned Mach 32 (36000 feet per second). That's a lot !]
'Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!'

(Oh, no. That was someone else, wasn't it?' )
__________________
‘Writing is the ultimate decision-making experience. Every paragraph, every sentence, every word, is a decision.’ – Michael Bremer
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 06:50 PM   #3795
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamScribble View Post
'Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!'

(Oh, no. That was someone else, wasn't it?' )
wasn't that "able to jump a Quonset hut. . . "
WTF is one of those ?
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #3796
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 38,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
wasn't that "able to jump a Quonset hut. . . "
WTF is one of those ?
We had Nissen Huts instead. I remember being freezing cold in one at boarding school in winter. The electric heaters only warmed the space immediately above them. Our breath froze on the inside of the single glazed ill-fitting windows.

__________________


My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #3797
LiamHDunn
Really Really Experienced
 
LiamHDunn's Avatar
 
LiamHDunn is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 325
The Navy was still serving MCIs, Viet Nam era C Rations, well into the 80s. You have not lived until you've eaten ham and eggs of indeterminate age. Guess we had to earn our sea pay somehow...
__________________
I am a writer, anything you say just might show up in a story.
Location: PacNW
Occupation: Retired Naval Officer, writer.

My Stories:
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 1
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 2

Please have a look give them the score you think they merit.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #3798
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder
 
JKendallDane's Avatar
 
JKendallDane is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Redneck Riviera of Florida
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamHDunn View Post
The Navy was still serving MCIs, Viet Nam era C Rations, well into the 80s. You have not lived until you've eaten ham and eggs of indeterminate age. Guess we had to earn our sea pay somehow...
And yet people freak out over whether or not to eat something that's a few weeks (or months) past the "Best By" date.

.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2017, 05:41 AM   #3799
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit
 
Handley_Page's Avatar
 
Handley_Page is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 57,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
And yet people freak out over whether or not to eat something that's a few weeks (or months) past the "Best By" date.

.
Ah, but didn't the 'makers' of those military rations DO SOMETHING to ensure preservatives in the can ?
Our "emergency rations" were cycled, every three months, and we always knew when it happened, because the POM (mashed potato) tasted 'different' (given enough salt, sugar or butter, it didn't taste too bad).
__________________
.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2017, 06:37 AM   #3800
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 38,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Ah, but didn't the 'makers' of those military rations DO SOMETHING to ensure preservatives in the can ?
Our "emergency rations" were cycled, every three months, and we always knew when it happened, because the POM (mashed potato) tasted 'different' (given enough salt, sugar or butter, it didn't taste too bad).
My brother spent much of his working life researching ways to extend the shelf life of food. He started for a couple of frozen food companies but became research director for a large bakery company.

He and his team succeeded in producing 'fresh bread' that would be edible three months after it was made; then six months; then a year. They also managed to produce a Victoria Sponge cake with artificial cream that would stay shelf or cupboard fresh for two years. They were well aware that some E numbers had side effects and avoided them. Their research was aimed at preserving products without causing unpleasant tastes or adverse reactions.

When the campaign against food additives and preservatives started they had to reverse engineer everything they had been doing for a decade to produce products that could stay 'fresh' using only natural products.

Much of the campaign against preservatives was fake science and uninformed. More people suffer the effects of eating food that has 'gone off' than were affected by preservatives.

But food companies have to sell what the customer will buy.

The Armed Forces don't have that choice. They have to eat whatever the lowest tenderer has supplied.
__________________


My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.