Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 06-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #2601
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Disturbed - The Sound of Silence - just an amazing cover and the video is superb

Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave

Rahowa - The Snow Fell

Hero-Maggie Cheung 張曼玉 & Tony Leung 梁朝偉 (My Immortal)
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 06-15-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #2602
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Disturbed - The Sound of Silence - just an amazing cover and the video is superb

Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave

Rahowa - The Snow Fell
Hiya Chloe. Happy Thursday to you. I'll have to check out that Disturbed cover - love them but not familiar with it.

Thanks!

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #2603
litfan10
owner of slave_

Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Let it Show" from the album I Robot followed by Pat Benatar's killer remake "Don't Let it Show" off her first album In the Heat of the Night.

I've always enjoyed Benatar's music but her covers are to die for - Parsons "Don't Let It Show," The Sweet's "No You Don't" on Get Nervous and Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" on Crimes of Passion all incredibly well done all showing how powerful her vocals are and the versatility of her and her guitarist husband Spider Geraldo.

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-16-2017, 12:03 AM   #2604
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
Hiya Chloe. Happy Thursday to you. I'll have to check out that Disturbed cover - love them but not familiar with it.

Thanks!
I just found it and I love it. Best cover of Sounds of Silence I've ever heard. Hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Let it Show" from the album I Robot followed by Pat Benatar's killer remake "Don't Let it Show" off her first album In the Heat of the Night.

I've always enjoyed Benatar's music but her covers are to die for - Parsons "Don't Let It Show," The Sweet's "No You Don't" on Get Nervous and Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" on Crimes of Passion all incredibly well done all showing how powerful her vocals are and the versatility of her and her guitarist husband Spider Geraldo.
Thank you. Love Pat Benatar, have to listen to those.
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #2605
litfan10
owner of slave_

The Mission

Styx

First new album in a very long time

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #2606
PurpleParadise
Literotica Guru

Playing The Witcher 3 so that soundtrack

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.
~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #2607
LongLegsGirl23
Literotica Guru

KISS-Detroit Rock City...LOVE KISS!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #2608
rutger5
Really Really Experienced

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Iron Maiden

Stuff I write: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Othello - The original Loving Wives story

Old 06-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #2609
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I just found it and I love it. Best cover of Sounds of Silence I've ever heard. Hope you enjoy.
To each his own. Considering how awesome and spot on Disturbed's take on "Land of Confusion" was, I do find "Sound of Silence" rather weak. David's vocals sound pressed out and the strings have a certain "cheap toy keyboard" vibe. No, not a fan. And not even a hint of guitars?

I'll take Nevermore's utter deconstruction of that song, thanks.
https://youtu.be/4uG7sd-YPmE

Fading Stars - Chapter 01
Something is snuffing out suns. A lonely android is sent to discover who or what is doing it.

My stuff on Lit

Old 06-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #2610
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Pat Benatar - Shadows of the Night & Fire and Ice

Old 06-17-2017, 05:19 AM   #2611
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Ted Heath & Edmundo Ros - Ted meets Ed
That opening hard drumming is magic.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 06-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #2612
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
wonderful songs!

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #2613
litfan10
owner of slave_

The Mission

Styx

Giving the new album a second listen - verdict is still out for me.
I really want to love this. I hear many glimmers of Styx of old but not consistent.
Definitely their best work since DeYoung left/was kicked out.

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #2614
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

Motörhead - Orgasmatron

Fading Stars - Chapter 01
Something is snuffing out suns. A lonely android is sent to discover who or what is doing it.

My stuff on Lit

Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #2615
litfan10
owner of slave_

Whatever

Aimee Mann

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #2616
Emmeline
Daydreamer

The Feeling Begins - Peter Gabriel

Good evening, Litfan.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #2617
litfan10
owner of slave_

Around the World in a Day

Prince and the Revolution

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #2618
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
The Feeling Begins - Peter Gabriel

Good evening, Litfan.
Hiya Emm! Peace, love and happiness to you sweetness!

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #2619
Emmeline
Daydreamer

Quote:
Hiya Emm! Peace, love and happiness to you sweetness!
Nyah - Hans Zimmer

You too!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #2620
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Nyah - Hans Zimmer

You too!
Just got to "Pop Life" on the album so I'm bopping to the music, writing (somewhat) and hanging out here on the boards so life is indeed grand.

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #2621
Emmeline
Daydreamer

Quote:
Just got to "Pop Life" on the album so I'm bopping to the music, writing (somewhat) and hanging out here on the boards so life is indeed grand.
Oh, I love that album. I have it on vinyl somewhere!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #2622
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Oh, I love that album. I have it on vinyl somewhere!
Music and words have been passions for me my entire life.

I had a huge vinyl collection including this album but one year a basement flood ruined my entire collection - from great music to vinyl so warped I could use them for chip bowls.
I honestly cried the day I threw my ruined collection in the landfill.

Now I have my entire rebuilt collection digital, on the cloud, on an external hard drive and on a spare hard drive stored in my fire proof safe. Never, ever losing my collection again.

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #2623
litfan10
owner of slave_

Jazz

Queen
Love, love this album - "Don't Stop Me Now" is one of my favorite Queen songs.

product of my mucky mind

Old 06-17-2017, 11:51 PM   #2624
Emmeline
Daydreamer

Quote:
Jazz

Queen
Love, love this album - "Don't Stop Me Now" is one of my favorite Queen songs.
I'll Be Over You - Toto

Oh no, Litfan, that is terrible!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #2625
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I'll Be Over You - Toto

Oh no, Litfan, that is terrible!
What? "Don't stop me now?" believe it or not when my high school was selecting theme songs for the seniors they picked this song for me.

Wait...no...it's late for me...brain is already shutting down - you mean the album collection!

yeah it sucked. Happily, I was able to get most of them replaced - they were insured and I was getting paid for writing a lot and working full time then.

I've never been able to replace Eddie Jobson's Zinc album and I think there was one other album that never went digital or cd but it's not coming to mind right now

product of my mucky mind

Last edited by litfan10 : 06-17-2017 at 11:58 PM.