Can We Get More "Ethnic" Diversity on the Literotica Site?

brnsuga

Experienced
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Posts
54
Today, for the first time I came across the "Pictures" section on the Literotica "Erotic Stories & Picture Index" webpage. Under the "Free Galleries of the Day", there was ONE gallery out of the 21 galleries listed which made a reference to Black people. Under the "Free Pictures of the Day", there was ONE category out of the 34 categories listed which made a reference to Black people.

On the other hand, the "Black Snake Action Shots" thread on the Amateur Pics Discussion Board HAS BEEN VIEWED 35,000 TIMES!!!!!!! Apparently there are a lot of other folks out there who want to see some Black action! This site's lack of attention to this need strikes me as being a glaring omission.

Much love and appreciation to all the white cocks and white tits floating around on this site, but there is a large subset (and possibly even a majority) of this website's users who would prefer to have more of a variety available to them.

Depending on viewer demand, Literotica might also reconsider it's lack of coverage of other ethnic groups. And if Literotica gets paid for each viewer it refers to these sites, then Literotica will get the added benefit of increased revenues.

Please note: the term "people of color" is typically used to refer to people of African, Latino or Asian descent and in the U.S., this term is often used interchangeably with the term "ethnic". Rather than trying to split hairs about what is or is not meant by the term "ethnic" or by the term "people of color", for the purposes of this particular posting, please limit your vote on preferences to these groups.

If you want more variety, please cast your vote by posting a response to this post. And don't forget to describe what types of picture categories you would most like to see. Keep on casting your votes until a change is made.

Thanks for your support!

Peace & Luv,
brnsuga
 
Last edited:
My very personal thoughts ... not directed to anyone in personal

I personally have no interest in pictures here at Literotica - there are millions - billlions of them on the web and I can have my pic of any specific interest I might want to persue by simply doing my own search (ever googled? It is FUN!).

Literotica though - for me at least - is about writing .. as in Erotic Literature, and that there are pics at all is already in my view a nice gesture of the people running the site.

Would it make anyone feel better if they simply took down many of the "white" pics just to make the odds more equal? ... didn't think so.

The huge run on the thread in the Amateur Pics (just taking your word for it as I never go there myself) makes me wonder ... why aren't more coloured people posting pics then ? And .. if they aren't, maybe there are just in general not that many pics of that kind around .. and if there aren't and there is a high demand they likely are on the pay sites ... which is where the "owners" of Lit can't access and offer them to us for free.

I assume if you or anyone else could point the Lit-guys to the good, free, not copyrighted and available pics you want to have here, they would be happy to oblige just because they are that kind of nice people - alas, they have no obligation of any kind to have anything on Lit apart from what they personally want to have there. That they do indeed accommodate as many of the wishes of their guests as possible only shows how great they are as hosts (and should they - as I have no clue - have any added benefit as getting money for clicked links even the better) ...

So - I am casting my vote:
I couldn't care less what pics are here on Lit - sorry.
 
What Hecate said.

Also, there are far more views for the threads entitled "Lips", "Panties", and "Older Women". So what does it all mean? Well, the Amatuer Pic board used to be a place where people only posted pics. Now it has become a place where people post pics and smooze. Some of the thread used to have pics but the people took them down, yet the thread continues.

Who knows? Maybe you will acheive something here. But my vote is:

I really don't care either way.

(Besides, I prefer Hispanic men, and there just isn't a whole lot of them on the web, period.)
 
You can find tons of ethnically diverse porn, freely available, with a P2P file sharing ultility such as KaZaA lite.
 
Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
"Hispanic" Man

Another "Hispanic" man

and another "Hispanic" man

and another

and one for the road


*personally, I would say Latino instead of the U.S. goverment invented term Hispanic.



Mmmm...thanks for the links - but I thought they would be "naughty"? :) I prefer the use "Hispanic" because there is a certain "look" I am very, very attracted to. And while all of the men in these pics are great looking, and do come from what are known as "Hispanic" countries, I would call them black. The Hispanic man that I'm referring to is more along the lines of Benjie Molina of the Anaheim Angels - or his brother Jose Molina. Hell, I'll take both! I'm more attracted to, for lack of a better word, the Mexican male.

I've tried to use the Latino before, and sometimes still do, but many Italian men consider themselves "Latin". Now, while they are also good looking, it is simply not my "type".
 
I prefer the use "Hispanic" because there is a certain "look" I am very, very attracted to. And while all of the men in these pics are great looking, and do come from what are known as "Hispanic" countries, I would call them black.


Black and Hispanic aren't mutually exclusive. Hispanic isn't a race. It simply means of or related to Spanish speaking people, countries, etc ... Latin and Latino are not synonymous. Mestizo is closer to what you're talking about. But, whatever ...

That Americans think that "Hispanic" or Latino denotes a certain archetypal look is solely a function of media bias. Thus, Gloria Estefan, Shakira and Ricky Martin are famous in America, but not Celia Cruz, "The Buenavista Social Club, " and Johny Ventura, among others, who pioneered the music that they sing. I shudder to think what would have happened had The American public known what Ricky Ricardo (Desi Arnez) was talking about when used to yell "Babalu!!!" on the "I Love Lucy Show."

There are more Black people (by the American definition) in Latin countries than there are in the United States. La Gente comes in all colours.
 
Hi brnsuga,

I support your points. The pics section is predominantly white.
A recent search for 'woman of color' shots at a free site turned up maybe 2% black. There were some South Asians.

Women of color, including black, 'dark' Latino, East Indian are incredibly sexy, as a rule. Some fantasies: the kind of shots I like are some of the standards; penetration, open pussy, even dripping, mouths receiving or filled with cum, and others including black dommes and white guys getting their butts whipped or reamed with dildos. "Latinababe" is hot.

Note, a pic needn't be porn to be arousing: I've downloaded some incredible shots of Tyra Banks. Hot!!!

To Hecate: a lot more than writing is occurring, and that's clearly a goal of literotica. I've encountered a couple Black women writers here, and wish there were more 'writers of color.'
 
I agree, the picture categories there are pathetically limited (it's not just ebony sex that is excluded--not by a long shot!), but I doubt that you are going to get a site that is primarily about written word to put much effort in improving their picture posts, which seem to me just an extra added attraction to draw in a bit more traffic. There doesn't seem to be a lot of thought put into that part of their site.

I will give them credit for one tiny thing: when you first go to the galleries, on one of the main pages, they link to some primary TGPs (thumbnail gallery post) sites for whom images are their busines--their sole business. On all of these larger TGPs (I've visited most of them, quite idependently of LitErotica) there are huge ebony and also interracial sections (as well as Asian, East Indian, and Latina).

If Literotica were primarily a porn galleries website, then I'd be as outraged as you over the lack of ebony pics. But this is a story site, primarily, with a few limited porn pics thrown in to keep people coming back.

Do you know about the dozens upon dozens of gigantic free gallery post sites that exist that feature only black people? They have all the usual sections (old women, teens, gay guys, exhibitionists, anal, oral, fetish, etc.) but within each section are only black galleries. I can post links to a few of my favorites, if anyone wants 'em.

Unda. Crucia. Eximius.

brnsuga said:
Today, for the first time I came across the "Pictures" section on the Literotica "Erotic Stories & Picture Index" webpage. Under the "Free Galleries of the Day", there was ONE gallery out of the 21 galleries listed which made a reference to Black people. Under the "Free Pictures of the Day", there was ONE category out of the 34 categories listed which made a reference to Black people.

On the other hand, the "Black Snake Action Shots" thread on the Amateur Pics Discussion Board HAS BEEN VIEWED 22,000 TIMES!!!!!!! Apparently there are a lot of other folks out there who want to see some Black action! This site's lack of attention to this need strikes me as being a glaring omission.

FACT: Some of us feel that there is an under-representation of PEOPLE OF COLOR in the gallery and pictures section of this website.

FACT: Viewership statistics seem to indicate a high level of interest in seeing pics and vids of people of color.

Much love and appreciation to all the white cocks and white tits floating around on this site, but there is a large subset (and possibly even a majority) of this website's users who would prefer to have more of a variety available to them.

My personal preference is to see more BLACK pics and vids. I would suggest that Literotica add two categories to the "Erotic Stories & Picture Index" Table of Contents:

1-"Free BLACK Pictures of the Day" containing approx. 30 sub-categories
2-"Free BLACK Galleries of the Day" containing approx. 20 sub-categories

Depending on viewer demand, Literotica might also reconsider it's lack of coverage of other ethnic groups. And if Literotica gets paid for each viewer it refers to these sites, then Literotica will get the added benefit of increased revenues.

Please note: the term "people of color" is typically used to refer to people of African, Hispanic or Asian descent and in the U.S., this term is often used interchangeably with the term "ethnic". Rather than trying to split hairs about what is or is not meant by the term "ethnic" or by the term "people of color", for the purposes of this particular posting, please limit your vote on preferences to these groups.

If you want more variety, please cast your vote by posting a response to this post. And don't forget to DESCRIBE WHAT TYPES OF PICTURE CATEGORIES YOU WOULD MOST LIKE TO SEE (Cumshots, Anal, Oral, Cocks, Tits, etc., etc.) . I will copy this posting over to the "How To" Board also so that others can be made aware of this issue. Keep on casting your votes until a change is made.

Thanks for your support!

Peace & Luv,
brnsuga
 
This thread brings up something I was wondering about: do writers who happen to be black often associate themselves as "writers of color?" Or do they just write their smut and submit it without indicating what race they are?

On Yahoo groups, I belong to a group called something like "Black Adult Sci Fi Writers." (That's not the exact title--but I can get it if anyone's interested.) These are people who do like to identify specifically as writers of color, although I haven't explored the group enough to know if they write anything different than what anyone no so identified writes in Sci-fi.
 
UCE said:
This thread brings up something I was wondering about: do writers who happen to be black often associate themselves as "writers of color?" Or do they just write their smut and submit it without indicating what race they are?

On Yahoo groups, I belong to a group called something like "Black Adult Sci Fi Writers." (That's not the exact title--but I can get it if anyone's interested.) These are people who do like to identify specifically as writers of color, although I haven't explored the group enough to know if they write anything different than what anyone no so identified writes in Sci-fi.

It's more a case of them being identified as "writers of color" by others. I suppose that if a writer of color, especially an amateur writer, went out of his/her way not to write stories about protagonists of color, then no one would be the wiser. However, if a writer has a pattern of realistically portrayed characters of a certain ethnic group, most would assume that he/she is of said group. In this society I don't think that it would be as easy or even possible for a professional published writer (of color) to do the same.

White writers imply their ethnicity in their writing as well. It's very rare to read a novel or a longer short story wherein there are no racially specific descriptions, i.e. blonde this, blue eyed that, etc ... The only difference is that most American readers don't notice these as specific ethnic references. I think that it's entirely a matter of perception. The majority American culture sees Whiteness as a universal neutral backdrop instead of a finite specific ethnicity. This is similar to how many Americans think that British people have thick accents and we don't, when of course we do.
 
There are a 1000 stories in the Interracial Love category. Which doesn't included the themes like bdsm or other groups which have interracial components. The free galleries here at Lit are advertising teasers for pay sites. I'm sure if a black site came knocking, Lit wouldn't turn down their money. The amateur pics are just members. If you want more black pics there, then find some black folks that want to get naked.
 
ok, while i'm all about equal opportunity porn, i just have to ask: why did you post this here? no offense, of course, just curious.
 
I wonder what percentage of Lit is minorities, and of what break up. One thing I always found strange about being on the internet was not having people see me and immediately realise I was black. The really funny thing about that is that for a while it bothered me without me realising why. I am as proud of my race as anyone, but I cherish the day when we might live in a colorless society where it genuinely doesnt matter what ethnicity a person is. So why was it bothering me now that that world had in some way become a reality?

I realised that the reason it bothered me was because of the fact that when not knowing what race I was, everyone assumed I was white. I guess I can understand why so many minority litsters put their ethnicities in their names. I wonder how many there are out there like myself that don't.
 
I assumed you were white, but it wouldn't have changed my responses if you were green.
 
Marquis said:

I am as proud of my race as anyone, but I cherish the day when we might live in a colorless society where it genuinely doesnt matter what ethnicity a person is. So why was it bothering me now that that world had in some way become a reality?



Bravo, Marquis!!!!
The question you ask is a profound one. The reason it bothers me when people are unaware of my race is the same reason that it bothers me when people are unaware of my gender - my gender and my race are essential parts of who I am. These factors define who I am, how I relate to the world and how the world relates to me. And these traits add substance and context and nuance to the person that I am.

I don't need someone to "do me the favor" of overlooking either my femininity or my race, ostensibly to create some kind of fabricated "equality" for my sake. As many women in professional circles will have experienced, we are often paid the "compliment" of being told we are just like "one of the boys". To that kind of comment, I would like to respond "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ASSHOLE, ARE 'YA BLIND?" If the attention I have received because of my looks is any indicator (I'm of African-American/Native American descent, with lots of healthy hair, a naturally endowed chest and an ass that is just like an onion - it's so fine, it will bring your eyes to tears!), I have to assume that one would have to be a fucking idiot to lump me into any category with "the boys". The need to overlook my femininity, as if it were a negative trait, is an insult to my entire gender.

Likewise, most people of color have heard the phrase "You know,... when I see you, I dont see color". Even now, some think that this phrase is the highest compliment they can pay to a person of color. My response? Please reference the capitalized phrase in the previous paragraph. The way I walk, the way I talk, certain preferences which originate out of my cultural heritage - these things are what make me who I am. And if you don't see them, then YOU DON'T SEE ME.

To those who want to live in a color-blind society or a gender-neutral society, you are asking me to sublimate two of my best qualities because you have created a societal structure which cannot deal with me. So when you offer me the "opportunity" to be "free" of my race or my gender, you are doing yourself a favor and doing great harm to me. It's as if you are asking me to remove the rudder from my boat just because yours is rudderless. Sorry, but I won't do you the favor of dematerializing for your convenience.

Whew!...Marquis, was that a soap-box you shoved under my feet just now? It doesn't help that I have an 8:00 AM appointment and chronic insomnia.

Later,
brnsuga
 
Last edited:
did you post this exact same thread on every forum on this site?

Cus I've now seen it in 3 of them.
 
It seems to me that the forum categories are more about nourishing the communities that stem from them then controlling the topics discussed. Right now there are at least 5 non-BDSM topics on the front page, if this particular one makes you uncomfortable I suggest you just ignore it. Also, while posting it on different forums was a bit excessive, its obviously a topic with a lot of importance to brnsuga and she wanted to make sure each community heard what she had to say. It seems odd that someone with a 30 post a day average like you Vixenshe would have a problem with a Litster wanting to be heard.
 
Marquis said:
It seems to me that the forum categories are more about nourishing the communities that stem from them then controlling the topics discussed. Right now there are at least 5 non-BDSM topics on the front page, if this particular one makes you uncomfortable I suggest you just ignore it. Also, while posting it on different forums was a bit excessive, its obviously a topic with a lot of importance to brnsuga and she wanted to make sure each community heard what she had to say. It seems odd that someone with a 30 post a day average like you Vixenshe would have a problem with a Litster wanting to be heard.


It's not a point of whether people feel uncomfortable with the topic being discussed. This tactic of hitting several forums with the same topic has been done before - and it usually just pisses people off. It's equated to spam. Sure, it might be important to the person posting, but to the person who's hopping from forum to the next, it's irritating as hell.

And this is the second time you've referenced some one's number of posts. What's with that? Just because some one has been on the boards longer or maybe has more time to post, this annoys you? I never understand the veiled hostility towards people who have a greater number of posts appearing under their name. What is the cut off for things like that? I just don't get it....
 
Marquis said:
It seems to me that the forum categories are more about nourishing the communities that stem from them then controlling the topics discussed. Right now there are at least 5 non-BDSM topics on the front page, if this particular one makes you uncomfortable I suggest you just ignore it. Also, while posting it on different forums was a bit excessive, its obviously a topic with a lot of importance to brnsuga and she wanted to make sure each community heard what she had to say. It seems odd that someone with a 30 post a day average like you Vixenshe would have a problem with a Litster wanting to be heard.

I don't mind that this person wants to be heard, thats fine. And I think it's a good topic. It's just that it IS annoying to walk into different forums and see the same cut-and-pasted post in each of them.

And who cares how many posts I have? That's like saying 'it seems funny how someone as young as yourself is willing to criticize maturity'. The two have nothing to do with each other.
 
Well, the two times I have mentioned it were different reasons, but I think they stem from a similar problem.

You see, I find that there are certain "veterans" of Lit that have been here a long time and post a lot. Of course I have no problem with this, except for when these people begin to try and make newcomers feel unwelcome or act like they have a superior ownership of the forum. The reason I mentioned the "high post count brigade" before was because of how it seems to me like those of you who have been here longest are always so quick to defend each other against someone new. There is bound to be disagreements and differing opinions on Lit, and when someone new finds that arguing with one person means you have now made enemies with several, its not the most welcoming experience, and it isn't fair.
 
Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
It's more a case of them being identified as "writers of color" by others. I suppose that if a writer of color, especially an amateur writer, went out of his/her way not to write stories about protagonists of color, then no one would be the wiser. However, if a writer has a pattern of realistically portrayed characters of a certain ethnic group, most would assume that he/she is of said group. In this society I don't think that it would be as easy or even possible for a professional published writer (of color) to do the same.

White writers imply their ethnicity in their writing as well. It's very rare to read a novel or a longer short story wherein there are no racially specific descriptions, i.e. blonde this, blue eyed that, etc ... The only difference is that most American readers don't notice these as specific ethnic references. I think that it's entirely a matter of perception. The majority American culture sees Whiteness as a universal neutral backdrop instead of a finite specific ethnicity. This is similar to how many Americans think that British people have thick accents and we don't, when of course we do.

I think that CBM raises a great point. I think almost all people don't realize the impact that their perceptions are impacted by their own ethnicity and what they are exposed to. However, I don't think this is limited to Americans, and is a basic fundamental aspect of how people perceive their surroundings.
 
Marquis said:
Well, the two times I have mentioned it were different reasons, but I think they stem from a similar problem.

You see, I find that there are certain "veterans" of Lit that have been here a long time and post a lot. Of course I have no problem with this, except for when these people begin to try and make newcomers feel unwelcome or act like they have a superior ownership of the forum. The reason I mentioned the "high post count brigade" before was because of how it seems to me like those of you who have been here longest are always so quick to defend each other against someone new. There is bound to be disagreements and differing opinions on Lit, and when someone new finds that arguing with one person means you have now made enemies with several, its not the most welcoming experience, and it isn't fair.

I've been here since March. Not all that long if you ask me. I'm not trying to make a newcomer feel unwelcome, but rather trying to make that person see that spamming is kinda irritating. Often in the amateur pic forum, people begin a ton of threads with one pic each. In those cases, I ask the person to keep their pics in one thread in order that they don't fill the entire first page with just their pics, which I don't think is fair to other members. I'm not trying to be 'the big girl on campus', and I'm not trying to make the person feel unwelcome. I was just trying to help maintain order (and besides.. under free speech, I have every right to vocalize annoyance).
 
Back
Top