Everyday life, with a monster for a roommate.

anthilly

----
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Posts
3,059
Ryu woke up with his alarm clock going off, smacking it off the table by accident he sighed and heaved himself up off the pillows. Swinging his legs off the side of the bed he stepped on the clock and cussed. Smirking, at least it was quiet now. Walking out of his bedroom, he entered the small kitchen of this Tokyo apartment. Imperial Garden towers was built years ago by a cheesy American investor who thought the name was clever, instead the apartments hadn't attracted positive attention from the locals and mainly was used by college students and American business people for temporary housing. Clicking on the T.V. there was a urgent newscast from the government.

Recently we have came to be aware of advanced lifeforms that have shared our planet for thousands of years. These beings have been the subject of myth and legend for most of human history. Now with the help of world governments they want to be a part of the world and we your elected officials agree. As of today we are implementing the Interspecies Cultural Exchange Act. Through this act we will invite citizens of all nations to volunteer to provide housing for our fellow earthlings. We hope to get a positive response to this program but we know they will be some difficulties arising from this. But as an attempt to stem some of this. Any violence of interspecies crime will be servery punished resulting in lengthy jail times and possible deportation. But we hope that these results will be minimal and the transition into a new area of mankind and liminal relationship.


Ryu watched as the number flashed along the bottom along with descriptions of some of the different species of liminal. Ryu had never seen some of heard of all of these "myths" before. Centaur, Slime, Harpy, Lamina and some others that he didn't recognize. Sighing he picked up the bills from the mail drop and noticed he was past due on the rent. He was a college student and having difficulty with finding a job in the city. He wanted to get a roommate for a long time, but didn't want to but out an ad for the position. Then the idea came to him, why not have a government set him up with a roommate! These liminal's needed homes, he need a roomate to help and maybe he could get some help with the rent. Smiling he picked up the phone and punched in the numbers to the hotline in charge of volunteers.

"Hello, I'm Ryu and I live in the Imperial Garden Apartments in Tokyo. I would like to volunteer for a Liminal live in assignment."

The agent on the phone typed away at the computer in front of her, and filled in Ryu's information. Smiling a potential match popped up.

"Have you ever heard of a lamia?

Ryu thought before answering. "No..?"
 
"Well, sir. We have a lamia here who's in need of a host family. Her name is Miia. And a lamia is a human with a snake tail from the waist down. Hope you don't mind that. We'll be sending her over with an agent." With that, the phone operator hung up and looked back at his file, smiling before she picked up the phone and put in the agent's number.

A few hours later, around midday, a woman in a business suit walked up to the apartment and knocked on the door. Behind her, with her long tail flicking, waited Miia, the lamia. She had on a simple kimono, her golden-yellow eyes with slitted pupils darting around, red-orange hair tied back. The scales on her tail were a dark pink, the bottom covered in white scales. Her ears were pointed and dark pink, with several scales connected to them on her cheeks. They both looked at the door as they heard the sound of footsteps, the woman in the suit taking off her sunglasses.
 
Ryu reached for the door knob, he was excited and very nervous. The woman at the hotline had signed him up for a new roommate and a Lamina one at that. He looked up some of the myths online before she go there. He found out they were very sexual and liked to kidnap men, were part snake and shed their skin like one, also there were a few species of them and he wondered what kind his new roomie was. Taking a moment to breathe he turned the knob and opened the door. The government agent greeted him, she was attractive but he couldn't pry his eyes from the agent's companion.

She was quite a bit larger than he expected her tail curled under her and she could easily be taller than the Agent but she seemed to keep her height down. He smiled at her, she was beautiful and the tail didn't distract him as much as he thought. He stepped back and welcomed them into the apartment.

"Hello, I hope you found the place easily. I've been waiting to meet you. Mila, right? I don't know your name ma'am.

The agent look around the room, and turned to him.

"My name is Agent Smith, I am assigned to you and your house guest. You can think of me as your case worker. I will be here to ensure you follow the regulations of the arrangement and enforce them if you dont. I will also be here to provide assistance and advice if either of you need it. Now, can I see where Mila will be staying?"

Ryu snapped his attention back to the agent, he had been staring at Mila, she was captivating. Half paying attention his gaze falling back to Mila he spoke.

"Yea, it's right down here."

Leading them down the hallway, stopping at the first door on the left, he opened it. The room was smaller than his but he had a second bed and it had a decent closet and a set of drawers.

" I hope this will be fine, turning to Mila, if you need anything we can get you it."

He watched as the snake girl walked, slithered? He would need to figure out how to talk to her about these things. She turned around in the room, a smooth twisting motion at her hips, her tail doing the moving. She nonded to smith, he hoped that was a good sign. Smith turned to him, she was putting her glasses back on as she spoke.

"This will be fine, I will be back to check on you two. Handing him a booklet, she stared at him over her glasses. This is the breakdown of the ICE Act, I suggest you read it and get to know the regulations. Any infraction will result in Mila being relocated and possible jail time for you." She turned and walked toward the door, Ryu stumbled trying to follow, looking down he had tripped over Mila's tail. Turning toward her horrified he smiled.

"Sorry, I will have to get used to having a roommate."

Hurrying after Smith he caught up with her at the door. Holding it open for her as she walked out. He was about to shut it when she turned and spoke quietly to him.

"Before I go, the Lamina species is highly promiscuous and since we don't know much of the genetics of liminals and human hybrids we have placed restrictions on sexual encounters between them at this time. I suggest you follow these restrictions, regardless of any advances or perverted urges.

She turned and walked away leaving Ryu standing holding the door, slightly taken aback. Closing the door, he smiled and turned to meet his new roomie. Mila? She was now where to be seen and he walked down the hall to her room, knocking on the door he called to her. Mila? No answer, hearing some movement in his room he walked to the end of the hall. Opening his door, he looked around the room. He stood slack jawed and stunned. Mila had crawled into his bed and was looking up at him from the covers.

"Mlla? What are you doing?"
 
Miia looked at him from where she was lying, her tail curled under her some as she shifted under the covers, her golden-yellow eyes looking at him before she finally smiled, revealing two rather sharp canines that were a little longer than normal, but not too noticeable. "Your bed looked comfier, and I wanted to take a nap after the trip here." Was her simple response. She shifted under the covers again as she smiled at him again and then just fell asleep, leaving him dazed as she lay under the covers. There was the occasional flick of her tail, but it appeared she was fast asleep asleep already. Nearby, noticeable on the back of the chair of his desk, was her kimono, which meant 2 things: either she was asleep naked under his covers or she had worn undergarments.
 
Back
Top