The Official Author's Hangout 2016 Valentine's Day Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
It's a bit early, I know, and the schedule for next year is not up (that I know of), but going by previous years, it seems like this isn't a bad time to being the support thread for the 2016 Valentine's Day contest.

Christmas is coming, but then -- Valentine's Day! A time for hearts and love and candy and presents and ... wow, a lot like Christmas.

So if you have your ideas, or you are looking for some, here's the place to come for some support.

ETA: Here are the dates for the 2016 Valentine's contest.

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 20
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

The dates for all 2016 contests are here.

Last edited:
Thanks PennLady.

I have several stories started for Valentine's Day to make up for missing the Winter Holidays Contest but...

I have a funeral and three family birthdays before Christmas. I'll need all the writing time I can get.

Well, last year was using a cat as a protagonist. I dug deep to pull that one out.

Not to sure where I might go this year, but since romance is my specialty, pretty sure I'll have one for this contest.

(note to self: do not start a 10,000+ word story the day before the deadline again! :eek: )

I have my Valentine's day story written. It was the one I did for last year but missed the deadline (By about four months) Now all I have to do is the editing.

Man I hope I get done in time. :D

As of now I have nothing. Maybe the muse will float something my way, maybe not. My plan is to not push to enter every contest in 2016 unless I really 'feel it' so we'll see.

I have a few ideas but nothing written yet, and I have to admit the poor showing of both my Xmas stories has me fairly discouraged. But since I've never placed in a valentines day contest anyway, there's nowhere to go but up.

I've got a story partially written that's been languishing since last Valentine's Day. Maybe this year will be the lucky year.

I'm aiming for 4: incest, group, anal, lesbian

Need to work fast.

I actually have started making notes and doing some research as I seem to have an historical romance begging to be written in my mind. Hope I can follow through on it as I'm no expert on the time period.

I have a half dozen ideas but I'm not sure about the time.

I've got a story partially written that's been languishing since last Valentine's Day. Maybe this year will be the lucky year.

I actually have started making notes and doing some research as I seem to have an historical romance begging to be written in my mind. Hope I can follow through on it as I'm no expert on the time period.
I'm about there too, with a mature historical romance about real people. Stay tuned for THE BOTANISTS. I started it over a year ago and have a ton of info -- except how they actually met. So I'm still making stuff up. It all started with one line I read. The plant-hunter and the botanical-garden director, both around 40, wed in 1889. Their honeymoon was spent walking from San Diego to San Francisco, "botanizing along the way." That was all I needed to drive the story. Now I merely must get my ass in gear and finish it.

I bet you can get some help on here! Ogg is really good with historical detail. :kiss:

I'm about there too, with a mature historical romance about real people. Stay tuned for THE BOTANISTS. I started it over a year ago and have a ton of info -- except how they actually met. So I'm still making stuff up. It all started with one line I read. The plant-hunter and the botanical-garden director, both around 40, wed in 1889. Their honeymoon was spent walking from San Diego to San Francisco, "botanizing along the way." That was all I needed to drive the story. Now I merely must get my ass in gear and finish it.

I already want to read that one, so please finish it.
:)

Warning: No condoms. No safe sex then. Those were dangerous times.

I've been on a story-a-day roll for a couple of weeks, and looking back at them, they seem almost all set in a historical period predating the need for condoms. :D It's easier for GB stories, as, for the settings I've written about it only needs to go back to earlier than 1984. I've been writing in the 1870s, 1920s, 1950s, and 1970s.

I've got a valentines tale started and outlined and I'm pretty excited about it. Romance, do-overs, taboos, and sensual food. Lots of sex, plus a beginning, middle, and end to the story.

The one bunny I have keeps waffling from Christmas to Valentine's theme, I can work it for either.

Its depressing, but ultimately with a happy ending. Maybe I could give it a go. I have a week off at the end of the year, I could work an attempt in.

Though not as common as now, the French Envelope (or Letter) and the English Raincoat were definitely in use.
Yes, and they tended to be expensive, imperfect, and illegal in many locales. Hmmm, my lead characters would not have used them, but I can have other characters refer to their use, yes. Maybe Mark Twain in a cameo...

Hurray for Valentine's! I couldn't manage the winter competition because of too many work commitments, but I managed to write a story fo FAWC 6. I've got a crazy historical romance story for Valentine's lined up. I hope I can manage this one.

I had a great story just about finished {at least in my head} for the Earth Day contest. Since we're not doing one this year, maybe I can tweak it a bit and make it fit {Why am I sensing you're all imagining a square peg and a round hole and a rubber mallet right about now?} into Valentine's Day.

I had a great story just about finished {at least in my head} for the Earth Day contest. Since we're not doing one this year, maybe I can tweak it a bit and make it fit {Why am I sensing you're all imagining a square peg and a round hole and a rubber mallet right about now?} into Valentine's Day.

If the rubber mallet doesn't work, I have this nifty new sledge with a flat head on one side and a wood splitting wedge on the other. ;)

If the rubber mallet doesn't work, I have this nifty new sledge with a flat head on one side and a wood splitting wedge on the other. ;)

I'm just trying to make the poor little thing fit, not whack it into oblivion.

Back