Nightwing/Raven: Dark Heritage (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Captain Manbeard
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
This could be a one-on-one, or could equally work as a group thread. The idea is that Raven is not aware of her demonic ancestry -- yet.

Rachel Roth -- who likes to go by Raven at times -- is the typical rebel punk-rocker girl who hopped from foster home to foster home after her grandparents died. While spending a weekend in Gotham City, New Jersey, she finds a kindred spirit in Dick Grayson, who desperately wants to distance himself from the shadow of Bruce Wayne. The two meet at a rave in an abandoned warehouse, and are instantly attracted to one another.

Dick and Rachel party until the break of dawn, letting their worries fade away for a few hours. They stop by a diner for breakfast, and then are suddenly joined by a third party -- a scruffy, unshaven blonde man with a British accent. He is John Constantine, and has tracked Rachel down to inform her that the magic seal he placed on her as a baby is weakening, and her demonic powers will begin to manifest in the coming weeks and months. He reveals that he was a former lover of her mother, Arella, and that when they were young and stupid, they accidentally summoned a demon who impregnated her. Arella died shortly after giving birth, and not wanting to raise the child himself, John sealed her powers and gave her to her grandparents.

As her power grows, villains will want to recruit her, and heroes will want to lock her away. Dick takes her to see Batman, in the hopes that he can help, but the Dark Knight is furious at him for bringing her to the Batcave. Dick declares angrily that his days as Robin are through, and he leaves Gotham with Rachel, determined to find someone to help her.

We can go anywhere from here. If this becomes a group RP, the events could lead into the formation of a version of the Teen Titans.
 
It might me cool to use images of live actors for once, but I'm not opposed to keeping it cartoon :).
 
Back
Top