Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #251651
IrezumiKiss
All You Need Is Fuck

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave_ View Post
Oh forget it! Absolutely! Hopping in your car on a moments notice, to come and go whenever and wherever you please is fantastic.

Sad but funny, in NYC you can get to places faster without a car. Ok, grant it, the middle of the night sans road work closures can be faster than the subway. Especially when you catch ALL the green lights.
The best is taking a taxi down/up the avenues, across the bridge and crossing boroughs after three or four in the morning and coasting without stopping at unnatural speeds for NYC streets, when during the day on the same route, it's so easy to get stuck in traffic and burn time (and meter fare) inching along like a snail.

I've done apartment moves back in the day using taxis, though...chugging boxes and crates, multiple trips...that shit is a lot of fun, I tells ya...

"When men worship me because of my breasts, I feel that I am an embodiment of the goddess that has become...a part of our collective human soul." — Chloe Vevrier

Irezumi's Atelier of Illustrated Libidinous Debauchery (Formerly The Ranch of Raunch) <----now SINDEXED for your viewing pleasure!

TRIBUTES:
Belle Morte 5/1/08

Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #251652
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrezumiKiss View Post
The best is taking a taxi down/up the avenues, across the bridge and crossing boroughs after three or four in the morning and coasting without stopping at unnatural speeds for NYC streets, when during the day on the same route, it's so easy to get stuck in traffic and burn time (and meter fare) inching along like a snail.

I've done apartment moves back in the day using taxis, though...chugging boxes and crates, multiple trips...that shit is a lot of fun, I tells ya...
Holy shit! Moving like that? What a nightmare! Never mind the hassle getting a cabbie to help you.

Coasting like that, it's a beautiful thing. I know it sounds weird, but I bet you can relate... When you maintain the speed limit, the red light just changing to green as you approach it because of how they are synched. The euphoria you feel knowing you are going to coast through. Yeah, I know, it sounds fucked up weird. Hey, late at night when you want to get from point A to point B, it matters.
my soul, my paradise namasté~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."

Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #251653
bluemuse
adorkable

Please don't rain.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #251654
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Quote:
...Sad but funny, in NYC you can get to places faster without a car. Ok, grant it, the middle of the night sans road work closures can be faster than the subway. Especially when you catch ALL the green lights.

Ol' Henry Barnes.

At 0245 it's so nice to look all the way down Park and see nothing but green lights as far as the eye can see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_B...affic_engineer)

Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #251655
phantom4533
It's just a little pain.

The guns were registered to her mother? WTF?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #251656
HoHoBomb
Quippiquisset

Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #251657
atmas
Colna-go-go-go!

I really just want to find a hole to crawl into.

Killing time beautifully

I have loved to the point of madness; that which is called madness, that which to me, is the only sensible way to love. - Francoise Sagan

When from our better selves we have too long
Been parted by the hurrying world, and droop,
Sick of its business, of its pleasures tired,
How gracious, how benign, is Solitude.
- Wordsworth

When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. - Ezekiel 1:21

Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #251658
phantom4533
It's just a little pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmas View Post
I really just want to find a hole to crawl into.
So, you like spelunking.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #251659
Instant_Star
SuperWhoLocked

I got a new phone today.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #251660
bluemuse
adorkable

Leaving to pick my daughter up at the airport. I can't wait to hug her and tell her how much I love her.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #251661
lovetoread
Japanese Redneck Zombie

Bah to it all.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #251662
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

I hope adding bits of 'The Silmarillion' makes it all work out nicely.

my soul, my paradise namasté~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."

Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #251663
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #251664
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #251665
Sean

Just booked my ticket for The Hobbit. You better not have fucked it up, Jackson!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #251666
JohnnySavage
scapolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
Just booked my ticket for The Hobbit. You better not have fucked it up, Jackson!
Where are you sending him?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #251667
IrezumiKiss
All You Need Is Fuck

Thumbs up

The world definitely needs more of this today. And every day after.

"When men worship me because of my breasts, I feel that I am an embodiment of the goddess that has become...a part of our collective human soul." — Chloe Vevrier

Irezumi's Atelier of Illustrated Libidinous Debauchery (Formerly The Ranch of Raunch) <----now SINDEXED for your viewing pleasure!

TRIBUTES:
Belle Morte 5/1/08

Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #251668
Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySavage View Post
Where are you sending him?
I wouldn't dignify that cunt with a definite article!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #251669
neci
Official Site Commander

i sit here, and i stare at it.
i need song notes.
i need to feel it.
i need to see it when i close my eyes.
time for a shot.
i can always paint over.
first a song. the notes. that is how it will start.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #251670
blobfish
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I hope adding bits of 'The Silmarillion' makes it all work out nicely.

Not The Silmarillion, unfortunately. They only have the rights to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. The first movie will presumably draw entirely from The Hobbit, as will the second (most likely). The third, though, will apparently be based on the appendix of LOTR, which contains quite a bit of information regarding things that took place in the sixty years between Hobbit and Bilbo's 111th birthday celebration. It also contains some information regarding the time between Bilbo's birthday and Frodo's quest to destroy the Ring. In the book, seventeen years elapse between these two events, but a much shorter time was implied in the films. For this reason, I'm guessing that the hunt for Gollum and other assorted events that took place during this time won't be included in the third installment of The Hobbit; I doubt that Jackson wants to contradict his previous work.

Last edited by blobfish : 12-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #251671
islandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssJim View Post
I bought sizzle pans for my steaks.

I think that's what they are called.

I can't wait.

I initially read that as sizzle 'pants'.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #251672
eyer
Literotica Guru

Paternity may have been the spark that eventually blew Belcher's lid...

Quote:
The Long Island mother of Kansas City Chiefs football player Jovan Belcher told investigators her son argued with his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins over their baby’s paternity before he shot her dead and killed himself, The Post has learned. Cheryl Shepherd — who was in her son’s suburban Missouri home the morning he shot Perkins nine times — told investigators after the shootings that there were questions about whether the West Babylon, LI-raised linebacker was the father of the couple’s 3-month-old daughter, Zoey, said sources familiar with the situation.
Anyway...

...reads like they had a meaningful relationship:

Quote:
The night before the fatal argument, Perkins had been to a concert with friends. Belcher went out for dinner and drinks with another girlfriend, and cops found him passed out in his Bentley outside her apartment complex at 3 a.m. Belcher went back into the building to spend the night after cops woke him up.

Belcher and Perkins started dating in 2010 after being introduced by her cousin, Whitney Charles, who is married to Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles.

Zoey was born in September, and Facebook photos show a beaming Perkins and Belcher showing off their bundle of joy.

But the couple’s relationship was rocky. Perkins returned to her native Texas around Halloween, and later briefly moved in with Whitney and Jamaal Charles, friends said.

By Thanksgiving, Perkins was back with Belcher in their modest, three-bedroom home.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...aiKszh4wGgLjPJ

Old 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #251673
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobfish View Post
Not The Silmarillion, unfortunately. They only have the rights to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. The first movie will presumably draw entirely from The Hobbit, as will the second (most likely). The third, though, will apparently be based on the appendix of LOTR, which contains quite a bit of information regarding things that took place in the sixty years between Hobbit and Bilbo's 111th birthday celebration. It also contains some information regarding the time between Bilbo's birthday and Frodo's quest to destroy the Ring. In the book, seventeen years elapse between these two events, but a much shorter time was implied in the films. For this reason, I'm guessing that the hunt for Gollum and other assorted events that took place during this time won't be included in the third installment of The Hobbit; I doubt that Jackson wants to contradict his previous work.
Nope.

The White Council, Saruman, Sauron, the Dwarven home Erebol... They are all legends that came from The Silmarillion. They were certainly not in The Hobbit or The Lord Of the Rings. Sure, Sauron and Saruman were, but not a lot of backstory, that came from The Silmarillion and The Lost Tales.

Entertainment Weekly also mentioned Peter Jackson was going to add parts of The Silmarillion to fill in the story and connect it to the Lord of th Rings better.

Last edited by slave_ : 12-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #251674
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Quote:
Nope.

The White Council, Saruman, Sauron, the Dwarven home Erebol... They are all legends that came from The Silmarillion. They were certainly not in The Hobbit or The Lord Of the Rings. Sure, Sauron and Saruman were, but not a lot of backstory, that came from The Silmarillion and The Lost Tales.

Entertainment Weekly also mentioned Peter Jackson was going to add parts of The Silmarillion to fill in the story and connect it to the Lord of th Rings better.
Here is the CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/showbi...iref=allsearch

The artcle doesn't specifically mention The Salmarillion, BUT, portions of those changes come from The Salmarillion and the appendices from Lord of the Rings.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #251675
blobfish
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Nope.

They absolutely are not using any information from the Silmarillion. They aren't allowed to by law, because Christopher Tolkien and the J.R.R. Tolkien estate owns the rights to it and has refused to sell the film rights. In plain English, New Line Cinema cannot and will not include any material from the Silmarillion in any of the Hobbit films. Any and all information contained therein has to originate from The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings or the filmmakers' imagination.

As for the White Council, that is mentioned in the Lord of the Rings proper.

Closed Thread