Building: a zombie survival RP

dutchrain

* der Weisheit
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Posts
12,542
OOC: This is a sequel to Rebuild: a zombie survival RP. The OOC for "Build" is here in the old OOC for "Rebuild", since the premisses laid out there are the same for "Build".

We are still open for new writers, but please post in the OOC before you join the fun here.


Ria

I sat behind my desk and sighed at the stack of paperwork on it. It was a good thing some people had formed a group dedicated to collecting rags and old paper and making new paper out off it because the rate we were using the supplies meant we would need it soon. Some even were working on how to make parchment. Here in Daniel's Household we used a blackboard to write down who was on what shift, when a trip to where would happen, who had kitchen duty and so on.

Most of the paperwork dealt with requests for Daniel to do this or that with the zombies. Other things were duplicates or triplicates of requests to or from the CC (City Council), the PDD (the Police/Defense Department), the SD (the Supplies Department), Energy, the HD (the Health Department), the CD (the Communications Department) or the SaSD (the School and Science Department) or announcements made by one of those, or other such important things. We had a nice bit of bureaucracy going on.

And of course we, the DH, added to it because we had to answer all those request and had some of our own too.

It was a very good thing we had the hospital up and running though, the power plant up and running, and all the other departments functioning and dealing with whatever came their way.

A loud ringing startled me and my hand moved towards the phone on my desk.

"DH, Ria speaking, hi"

"PDD, honey, it is me."

"Hi Bart, how are you?"

"Not as fine as when I left you this morning. How many extra men do you need on the next trip? Are you really sure you want to saddle the horses for that one?"

"Nice to hear! Yes. We can't keep burning gas like we did a few months ago, Bart. If it is not an emergency, we'll use horses. We caught enough of them, and we scavenged more than enough saddles and enough people are able to ride or have learned enough to stay in the saddle."

"I feel like I am reenacting when I get on a horse in full gear, Ria." His voice rung stern and disapproving in my ear, but I heard the chuckle beneath it.

"By the way, is your schedule still unchanged?"

"Yes," I answered a bit flabbergasted. He had asked me the same question this morning.

"Great. I booked us a room at the King's for Saturday. Bye, see you tonight."

Early in the afternoon of the following day, I leaned forward and patted Bruce on the shoulder.

"Good boy," I praised him. "You did exceptionally well. You are getting better all the time. Now we'll grab some food, what do you think?"

He whinnied once and I took that as a yes. Moving him through the now immobile group of zombies in the sport station, I waved at Daniel.

"Thank you, it was a great help knowing you kept an eye on us, see you in three days!"

I steered Bruce towards the guarded double door system at the gate, as did the five other troopers who had been training with me. Some were excellent equestrians, some were excellent fighters, but only two, Thomas and I, were good equestrians and good fighters.

Of course it helped us to concentrate on riding that we really knew Daniel could and would stop the zombies at a second's notice, even if he wasn't here but in his apartment. A yell from one of us, a wave from me or Thomas, and the zombies would stop as soon as the entity transported our words and moves to Daniel, and his commands back to the zombies.

"Three days? You'll be off duty for there days?" Thomas asked skeptically. I knew why. If I was off duty I still could and would wander into someone and then some work would be done.

"Yes," I nodded happy. "I'll be off duty for three days because Bart booked us a room at the King's. My bag is packed, I'll change Bruce for Zeus, pick Bart and Beauty up at the DPP headquarters, we'll trot to the King's in around three hours, maybe a bit quicker with some cantering and a short gallop thrown in, then we'll put the horses in the stables, have a shower, dress in something nice and forget about work for two days."
 
Last edited:
Troy

Troy had been very busy in the last six months. Since getting back from that last mission to rescue Cassie and them ending up saving Daniel as well, things had been looking up for the town of Eugene and the Winery now affectionately known as the Kings. He said the Town, because Eugene could really no longer be called a city. Daniel tried his best but his influence could not cover the entire area, however he covered a good portion and word had slowly leaked out and every day more and more survivors trickled in to their growing community.

They had put together a rough government and society and it seemed to be working well. troy had been involved in the early days but once they had enough people he had returned to the Kings and had begun working on the big projects he knew needed to be done.

As Daniels influence did not extend this far out, he had come out and gathered up all the Zombies he could find and had taken them back to Eugene to help out with the basic and menial tasks they could perform there. With the relatively safe conditions The Kings had soon fortified the winery into a true medieval castle like structure. A proper moat had been dug and lined with sharpened metal stakes taken from the rubble from Eugene. A large wall erected around the property also from the same rubble, brought to waiting trucks by the zombies then stacked by them on Daniels next trip. They may not have been capable of many things, but repetitive straight forward tasks where one of them. It was amazing how quickly the wall actually went up. A layer of cement over the top and they had a hard barrier that would keep out both human and Zombie attackers. They had started on another wall surrounding the whole property but that was going to take much longer and was only half finished.

A lot of the vines had been ripped up and new crops planted. Huge vegetable gardens and wheat crops had been put in, because they were much more valuable. They had also rounded up a lot of the stray livestock wherever they could find it and know had decent herds of pigs, chickens, ducks, horses and cows. They had even come across a few sheep and goats. Of course he had also been breeding his dogs and had had several litters with a few stray bitches he had found. Cramer had been one of the first to claim one and Troy had assured him he would train it as soon as he could.

He had also helped to get the power station back online with a few engineers that had struggled in. it had proved reasonably easy as it had only been shut down and abandoned. They had just followed they start up procedure and were now running it at minimal output. It was enough to keep the town, Kings and the outlying farms supplied with power. However they had put restrictions on it's use and at the Kings they tried to survive without using the power from the plant. They still had their own solar setup and used that most of the time and even with the added people and new machines they had developed they were still pretty well self sufficient.

Troy and Cassie had been making a go of it and he had to admit it was a hell of a ride. Cassie was a wild and carefree spirit and she was bringing that side out of him and he was hoping that he was bringing out some of her more responsible side. It showed in both of them when they got away from their duties and just hung out together but they both worked hard as well. She had mentioned something about Portland and Troy knew if she was going anywhere he would be right behind her, backing her up and protecting her cute ass.
 
Last edited:
Wiebke

With a gasp I laid my hand against my stomach. Now I truly had felt it! Again I felt a faint fluttering in my stomach.

"Yes, I am here," I whispered. "I won't go away, never, I promise."
 
Daniel

The last six months have been repetitive and monotonous. The same old routine; wake up, ensure my grasp on the zombies is firm, and do whatever I am ordered to do by my supervisors. I wasn't treated like a prisoner, however; I am well-treated, given good food and constantly guarded. I just have little personal freedom. I can not go wherever I like, and wherever I do go I am constantly escorted by a group from the Winery, a group that constantly rotates every week. I a, given my own house, though, which is nice. But I am only allowed to return to the Winery once every month or so. I am prohibited from going there except for at the appointed time. I am isolated, trapped in my own "house." Like cattle.

It is better than before though. Or is it really? It is hard to concentrate; I am in the middle of a chess game. Not with one of the guards, of course. They would never be so casual with me. Well, maybe Ria would. Or Cassie. But none of the others. They don't trust me enough. To them, I am that freak who can control the zombies, the mentally unstable freak who could turn on them at any moment.

Make a move already, why don't you? the Voice urges impatiently. I snap out of my thoughts and reassess the chess board. Neither of us is winning; it seems that whatever move I made, the Voice knows exactly how to counter, but his strategy is painfully obvious to me. As a result, it is a perfect stalemate. I hadn't been more stimulated by an opponent since I had played my father. But he is dead now. I am almost certain of that. Even if he is alive, I couldn't leave her and see him. I am stuck in Eugene.

"Voice, why do you stay with me?" I ask him as I capture a knight of his with a bishop of mine. He chuckles as he in turn captures my bishop with a rook of his, a rook that had somehow evaded my careful scrutiny. I scowl at the loss; it may cost me the game. The last few rounds of chess we have played since the Voice appeared; around a month ago; have resulted in about 10 draws, 9 wins for me, and 10 wins for the Voice. If he wins this one, than he will officially be ahead of me. Something I cannot allow.

I stay because there is nowhere else for me to go, he calmly informs me. Since Thea is gone you, are the only conscious left for me to inhabit. I am too weak to take you over; I am merely a presence in your mind. But if I had the choice, I would most definitely choose to leave this wretched place. No offense Daniel, but your life is rather boring. You are no better than livestock; you are kept alive purely to be used by these people you call friends. Do they reciprocate this feeling? Or is it purely one-sided? the Voice questions me.

He definitely has a point there. And these ideas aren't exactly drawn from thin air; sometimes I even question whether or not I am no better than livestock to the Kings. Whether or not I should continue helping them. Sure, my work has done worlds of good for everyone: even I have not bee unaffected. I have a stable supply of electricity and water at my own house. But I still lack that which I crave most; independence, the freedom of choice. Not to be fattened and pampered by my handlers. They had even taken away the gun Deacon gave to me before he had left. It was the only sign of goodwill between us, and they took it from me because I am not to be trusted with a firearm.

And Cassie's frequent "visits" haven't helped nearly as much as I thought they would. She is just as beautiful and sultry as always, but for some reason I am not aroused by her anymore. When I look at her, I feel like I am looking at a lesser being. When she gives me a lap dance, I feel like I am not being given by a lap dance by one of my own kind, but by a lesser evolved species. Perhaps I am less human, or perhaps I am actually a superior being. Either way, I feel even more separated, even more distanced from mankind than ever before. I truly feel alone.

You will always be alone, Daniel. Now that Thea is dead, you are alone in every sense of the word. You are unique; there is none like you in all the world. You are the last of my greater children, Daniel. Always remember that; you are alone, the Voice tells me, before checkmating me. He flashes me a smile. Looks like I am in the lead.

Arya

It has been a while since I joined the Kings. And to be honest, it hasn't been all that great.

Sure, having electricity is awesome. And being kept completely safe from the zombies is cool too, I guess. I mean, they aren't even a threat. Almost all of them are in the city, and the few still out here are easily picked off by the guards at the wall. For the first time in a while, life is a lot like it was before all this happened. And I am not liking that.

Hell, we even have a government again! A fucking government! I was really liking how my old group was organized; we just voted. Yup, simple as that. And it made sense. Hell, voting didn't even happen all that often. You wanted something done, you asked if anyone would help you out, and you did it. None of these commands and orders and all that bullshit. I had enjoyed the freedom my old group had offered.

But I guess that freedom doesn't work well in a zombie apocalypse. Otherwise, my group wouldn't have been overrun and massacred. While the Kings survived and flourished. Maybe it was related to the fact that somehow they had figured out how to control those mother fucking zombies. Whatever the case, I am not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. I am well fed, live comfortably; hell, I can even take real showers again! You do not know how it feels to take a nice, relaxing shower after being covered in dirt, and sweat; and sometimes even blood; all day.

Anyways, I am moving towards the bulletin board to check out who the next group will be to head into Eugene. And actually guard the zombie controlling device for a whole week. I pray to god it is me. I want to so fucking badly see this thing know how it works and why it does what it does.

No matter how hard I think about it, I can't wrap my head around the idea that some machine can control those freaks outside. The Kings told me that they had practically figured out how this zombie virus thing worked, and how these spores were involved, too, but it still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, these things are like the undead, and a machine can control them. How fucking awesome is that?

When I find the list detailing the rotation cycle, my heart literally skips a beat as I see my name there. This can't be happening, I must be dreaming. Quick Arya, pinch yourself. Which I do, of course. Nope, I am not dreaming. I am filling in for someone who will be out for three days.

I squeal with excitement. I just can't believe it! I am actually going to go into Eugene and see this thing this machine I have been dying to look at ever since I heard about it! I am so fucking excited, I can't describe how I feel right now. As I finally calm down, I just can't help but shiver. All that waiting and wishing and praying got me here. I just hope it won't be some lame ass disappointment. I hurry off to go pack my stuff. I know I still have the rest of the day, since Ria, the woman I am filling in for, won't leave until the afternoon, and it is still midday. But I just can't wait! As I finish packing my stuff, I run to the main office, where I am to receive further instructions before I head out to Eugene.
 
Last edited:
Ria

"I miss Deacon and Derry," I told Bart quietly while our horses walked close together after a short gallop, both of us on another side of the road, on the dirt. You already could see riding trails appearing beside the roads, so often people used horses now.

He nodded.

"Hows Daniel?" he asked. "Last time I met him, about a week ago, I felt like he felt lonely, kind of un-content, kind of fed up with the whole situation, although he didn't say a word when I asked him."

Now it was my turn to nod.

"It is like he is putting up a show, whenever you ask him how he is. Which I don't do too often, it is just too bad, too many people are afraid of him and some still would see him dead rather than alive. Only three days ago we caught a letter-bomb. Addressed to him, with "private" written on it in big letters."

Bart reigned Beauty in and stopped.

"What! Why didn't you tell me?"

I sighed and stopped Zeus too.

"Because Leo found it, called me, and we had it opened in the special room of the postoffice with the remote controlled plier-arms. To where we transported it in a box filled with hay. An engineer is building new plier-arms now. We now check Daniel's post even more carefully, especially larger letters and parcels. Especially if they are addressed by one of the few friends he has, as the letter we caught was. Someone used Cassie's name, drawn even a few hearts on the envelope. That was what made Leo suspicious, he said Cassie isn't that cheezy. I reported it to Vince." I shrugged my shoulders. After all Vince was head of Daniel's squad now, since I resigned from that function after he, as my vice commander, had backed the ones who took Daniel's gun, a gift from Deacon away, and he was vice commander of the DPD.

Bart didn't look pleased. He was a vice commander too, commander of the police section of the DPD, just like Vince was the commander of the defense section. Sometimes I wondered -actually I asked myself quite often- if my decision had been a wise one. Not only was I stuck to desk duty when I wasn't training newbs -people and horses alike- to move through or around a group of zombies in the sport stadium, I also didn't have much influence on management decisions of Daniel's squad anymore.

"What bothers me more though, is that Vince forbade us to tell Daniel about the bomb. I think he needs to know about such things too, and not only about the sometimes awfully insincere praise and thank-you's he gets, which Vince thinks is best."

"Who sent it, you think?"

"I have no idea. For a moment I thought of Scotty Glen, but it seems too big a thing for him, he is more into black-marketing and such."

"Glen! Don't remind me of that sucker, after what he did to us I wanted him exiled! I'll look into it, and if I find only a remote connection to him, I'll have him exiled!"

I sighed.

"That might be the exact reason why I didn't tell you."

Bart shook his head and nudged Beauty in motion again. A soft nudge of my heels in Zeus' flanks had us trotting side by side soon again.

"I didn't mean he shouldn't be exiled if he is guilty of the bomb, but you do have a grudge against him." I chuckled, thinking back at the time on the boat, where I found out why Bart had ignored me for a while. I sighed happily, thinking of how we had made up after we had talked about the picture -of Lee fondling my breasts during the attack on the Knight- Bart had received. It hadn't been easy to find out who sent it, but when Scotty had made a remark about my breasts to Lee on the night of the big party, Lee had asked me why I had told Scotty and that had led to me having a serious talk with a drunk Scotty, which had led to a a little bit hung-over Bart having a serious discussion with a very much hung-over Scotty early the next morning.

We were greeted by a team of farmers plowing a field. Two oxen were reigned in front of two plows, one man was throwing out seeds in wide swipes of his arm behind one plow, and a girl standing on a harrow, drawn by a cow, followed him.

It was an almost surrealistic view. Their clothes were nearly the only thing telling it wasn't a scene from the middle ages. Far in the distance I made out a stumbling figure.

"A stray?" I called out to the people in the field, pointing towards it. They looked, one of the men took a hatchet, another a hayfork, the girl waved and shrieked as the two men moved to the sides, and when the figure moved faster and headed towards the girl, the two men deadiered it.

"Lets get a move on," Bart urged me, "the sun will set in an hour, and I want to be at the King's by then."

Smiling I nodded, telling him about Robert's and mine school project as we trotted along. Too many of the children in Eugene were orphans. Some had found a good home, but most lived with Robert and the other teachers, which had been a good solution when they had only twenty something children to care for, but now, with close to two hundred orphans, they had spread over too many buildings.

We were planning to get them together in one of the big hotels.

"Nearly there," Bart interrupted my musings. "Two hundred orphans not living in at least something like a family, you say, and several groups of teenagers living together on top? On a population of three thousand five hundred eighty-four, that is an awful lot."
 
Cassie is back! OH NO!!!!

Since you are reading this … you are still interested in the small band of folks living in Eugene, Or. after the zombie outbreak. I’m really happy you care so much. That first story was wild! I mean, world changing kind of stuff … there was some sex in there too … that is always fun. A search for love … and in the end, a lot of stuff blowing up. Pretty cool, right? Well, just you wait … because chapter 2 is even wilder!! But enough foreshadowing … Let me get started.

I walked past my parked Lamborghini Veneno and sighed.

“What a waste” I said to myself as I headed over to the barn. Everyone was riding horses these days. I can hear still hear Ria’s voice at the meeting saying “It is a good way to conserve gasoline. We need the fuel for “essential” services.” My arguments about my needs were essential … that I needed to drive my “dream” car for my personal sanity was REJECTED.

So I needed to start riding a horse. Now, from the first story you all know I had a mustang … the Ford kind … not the horse kind. Anyhow, I’m a city girl. A stripper … never been to a farm until the zombie thing happened. Never been on a horse before.

Let me tell you … riding a horse is F’ing dangerous. That is 2000 lbs of high strung attitude under you. The one they got me on …. was in everyone's words “very animated". I mean the animal was spooked at anything. He was a gelding … so he had no balls … but he was still a male. I have always worked well with males. Not this guy. He balked at every command I tried to give him. He even bolted on me once … Troy and Cramer needed to rescue me.

Anyhow I tried another horse … a filly this time … and similar results … the bitch (wrong term … but you know what I mean) started bucking and rearing. Nothing I did seemed to calm her down. Typical female!

Anyhow, everyone said the answer was for me to ride a donkey! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT? Me, Rambina, on a donkey. I should be riding the Lamborghini Veneno … but instead I’m on an f-ing donkey. I do have to say they were right … I have had no problems riding him. In fact I kind of like the little guy. My donkey is a bit older and has grey in his coat. So I gave him the name “Slow Silver” in honor of the magnificent white stallion, Silver, that the Lone Ranger would ride. I also use to work at the “silver dollar” stripper club in Eugene, so the name silver was a good fit. I was kind of hoping my donkey would get an ego boost from the name … being compared to a beautiful stallion and all.

I put a saddle on him and mounted him. Sounds naughty when I write it. But I think it is really called “mounting” when you get on a horse or donkey. He did not seem to mind me riding him. I’m only 5’4” tall and weight 130 lbs. But my measurements are 34FF-25-36, people assume I weigh more. But I have an hour glass figure; I think people just look at my breasts and think I weigh a lot.

I was wearing a long heavy jacket and some tight fitting blue jeans and my comfortable Nike running shoes. I left the barn with a might yell of "Hi Ho Slow Silver Away!!" We slowly trotted to Daniel's house. I tied up my steed and headed inside. I had a kind of surprise for him today, so I slipped into the bathroom and quickly changed. Then I came out and made it to Daniel's room still wearing my long jacket. He was playing chess.

“Hi Daniel … I got a surprise for you … I finally remembered to wear that outfit I told you about.“ I said as I pulled open my jacket followed by the words “TA DA”

I was dressed only in a bikini with two pistols badges sewn over the nipples and Rambina written in the crotch of the bottom.

“What do you think?” I asked him.
 
Ria

Arriving at the first wall around the King's Winery, we were greeted by the guards on the top. We waved back at them and trotted to the main gate.

The hooves of Beauty and Zeus sounded much louder on the bridge over the moat. Wood, reinforced with steel, and heavy chains with rope woven around them attached to the posts at the end of the bridge made it a proper drawbridge. The posts fitted neatly in shallow holes in the top of the wall, drawn up the bridge formed a strong cover for the gates.

Inside we went directly to the stables. Both of us were happy to be able to dismount. Three hours on horseback still was a bit much for our backsides to deal with.

"I am longing for a long, hot bath!" I told Bart. He chuckled.

"So am I. Hey, look there, seems like they found some young horses somewhere!"

Busy with unsaddling Zeus I look over to the stalls Bart pointed at. Three lovely Haflinger ponies stood together.

"They look like Haflingers," I told him. "Not horses but one of the taller kinds of ponies. They were bred in the Austrian mountains. Workhorses. Very calm and sure footed. They would be great for Cassie. A Haflinger wouldn't get too skittish from her exaltic self. We should talk with Maddie, if she doesn't want all three of them for the kids here, I would like to surprise Cassie with one."

John came into the stables with a young man I didn't know. John still couldn't use his arm very well. He could lift it, and somewhat bend it, but that was all. He was a good stewart to Maddie though. In his free time he still designed clothes and part of his duties was to oversee the sewing room and the people working there.

"This is Mathieu," he introduced the young man to us. "He came with the three Haflingers, had taken them from the stables he worked and hid with them in the forest for most of the winter. He now is our Horse-master."

We exchanged greetings and I asked if Mathieu would like to visit our stables in the city soon, we had quite some people who took care of the horses, but none really knew much about breeding and such. He stroked Beauty and Zeus before he answered.

"A pity he is gelding. He would have been great to breed with. She is nice too, and her filly will be nice too I think. Who is the sire?"

Bart and I looked stunned.

"You mean she is pregnant?" Bart asked concerned, caressing Beauty's nose. "I am so sorry, I wouldn't have ridden her if I had known it!"

"No problem, she'll be able to carry you for quite while in full gallop before you have to go easy on her," Mathieu chuckled.

"She doesn't look any different than always," Bart sighed. "How should I have known it?"

"She only shook her head and neck when you took the saddle and the bridles off. That is quite a sure sign. When did she start doing that?"

Baffled Bart looked at me.

"She did that since I got her three months ago," he said a bit helplessly.

Mathieu smiled.

"Then she'll be around four months on the way. Or five. Maybe even six, hard to tell with a dam you don't know. It would surprise me if she really was in heath six months ago, at harvest time. Most mares don't get in heat during the fall and the winter. But maybe she got triggered by the strange things happening around her. Nature sometimes makes funny jumps if things don't go as planned."

Maddie joined us, smiling wide.

"So nice to have you here again! Why are you still in the stables? Mrs Bradley has a nice dinner for you on the way!"

"Beauty is pregnant," Bart whispered.
 
Daniel

Right as the Voice had checkmated me, Cassie enters my room. I myself was not aware until the Voice informed me of her presence. Or at least, informed me she was going to enter rather soon. I begin resetting the chess board, preparing for a game later, right as Cassie appears. As soon as she begins to speak, I slowly turn around on my stool, facing her.

“Hi Daniel … I got a surprise for you … I finally remembered to wear that outfit I told you about." she tells me, before she pulls open her jacket. "TA DA!” she exclaims as I see her half-naked body, covered only with a bikini that she had made some... adjustments to.

"What do you think?" she asks me.

What do I think.

If she had asked me this when we had first met, I wouldn't have said anything, for my boner would have spoken for me. Why, if she had asked me seven months ago, before me having become a Controller, I would have said how sexy she looked. But now, I don't feel even a hint of arousal. Nothing at all.

I haven't felt any lust for her body for over five months. Nothing at all.

My, my, Daniel. It appears for impotence has not changed since Cassandra has left visited us. What a shame; she does look ravishing in that bikini, does she not? the Voice mocks me. I clench my fists in frustration; not just wiht him, but with myself. With my lack of libido. I take a deep breath before I say anything to Cassie, though.

"You look great, Cassie. I'm just not in the mood right now. Sorry for having inconvenienced you, but we can try this again tonight?" I offer emptily. I know nothing will change by then, but I do not want to hurt Cassie's feelings. I have practically forgiven her at this point, and she has forgiven me; I want that to last for a very long time.

I see her crestfallen look, and it kills me. Unable to stay in that room any longer, I walk to my door, about to leave before the urge to say one last thing takes over. "You really do look sexy, Cassie. And I am sorry I can't properly appreciate it," I say, before leaving without another word.

Where are we off to? the Voice asks me, keeping up with my rather brisk pace.

"We are going to take a walk," I say firmly.

Arya

I have never, ever ridden a horse in my life. And if I had the choice, I will never, ever ride one again.

I don't get why people like riding them. It kills my legs and ass, they are crazy as fuck, and it is super hard to keep balance on them and not fall off the saddle. Then again, that is probably due to my inexperience.

Anyways, once I had stuffed all my essential items into my backpack and had recieved my instructions, I had ran off to the stables to get a horse for myself. I had hoped to get one of the better ones, but I did get a pretty good one myself. I was just glad I didn't get a donkey, like I heard a few people had. I had gotten a nice chestnut mare; it was smaller than the other horses, but still a good size for me. They told me her name was Cheyenne, and I liked the ring to it. After the stable guys helped me mount her and gave me basic tips on how to ride her, I was off with my escort.

I am travelling with a guy, since I have no idea how to go where I need to go. He seems nice, and he tells me his name is Justin. I tell him my name, and he smiles. We don't talk much after that, except for when we need to turn or stuff like that. It is really awkward, but I don't mind it. Sometimes an awkward silence is better than an awkward conversation.

Anyways, by the time we reach our detsination, the sun is starting to set. We reign in at the stables there, and I dismount Cheyenne, my legs aching. I stretch them out a little bit before Justin leads me to the check-in. It is a boring process of confirming my identity, but once it is done and I am given a badge of a sort, as well as a handgun. I think it is some type of glock pistol, but I am horrible with identifying guns.

Anyways, the first thing I do once I have my freedom is look around. I stroll around a large, comfortable looking outhouse; which is home to the zombie control device; before I go to the Barracks. The Barracks is really just a building where the guards sleep. It is the actual house, and it looks plenty nice to me. Before I finish my walk, though, I see a man also taking a stroll.

I can't see his face to clearly, but he doesn't look familiar. I start to approach him, wanting to meet a new potential friend, before he notices me. He immediately stops in place and just stares at me. Soon I am right in front of him, and I hold out my hand. He takes it slowly, shaking quickly before ending the contact.

"Hi, I'm Arya. I'm new here, how long have you been around?" I ask the man. He blankly stares at me for a moment, then takes a gulp before answering me.

"Oh, about six months. Maybe a little more. I don't really remember," he says hesitantly.

"A whole six months? Why haven't you been rotated out? I'm only here for three days!" I exclaim, surprised. Maybe he is the guy who maintains the device, so he has to stay here. I don't know, but I still think keeping him here, isolated from everyone at the Winery, isn't too fair.

"She doesn't know. You hear that, Voice, she doesn't know about me," he murmurs. Is he talking to himself? I hope I didn't just introduce myself to a crazy guy, that would be just my luck. First day here and a lunatic is obssessed with me or whatever.

"She is so beautiful, and she doesn't know. Can you believe it?" he asks himself. At least, I think he is asking himself. For all I know, he is having a hallucination right now, or is heaing voices in his head. I slowly back away, beginning to feel threatened by him. He quickly grabs my hand, though, tears filling his eyes.

"Don't leave, please! Don't you get it?" he asks me, before I shake him off.

"Don't touch me, you freak!" I shout before I start to back away even faster. A moment of confusion passes through his face, before he crumples to the ground. I fill with shock, my fear of him leaving me for but a moment, until he rises off the ground and faces me. Instead of his blue-green eyes, he now has a milky sort of white.

"Daniel is gone now, would you like to leave a message?" the man says, except he sounds different. He sounds more sinister, darker, deeper. He then gives out a scream, throws his hands out, and I hear crashing and snarling in the distance.

"Don't bother leaving one, though. By the time he recieves it, you'll be dead."
 
Last edited:
Troy was pretty busy as usual. He had spent the morning out at the wall overseeing the project. At the moment all the work was being done by humans because Daniel was back in town. Luckily on his last tour he had stopped on his way back and had gotten the Zombies he had rounded up to dig up and pile a large earthen wall, leaving a large moat area in front of it. They had about a mile of this wall done and now they would come along and make it better. So far they had completed the side facing the road and the one closest to town. Now they were working on the opposite side, the one closest to the power station and the one with the road heading to the next closest town. Once this wall was finished they had the rear area. He hoped next time Daniel visited they could at least get the Earthen wall up and the moat in place so they would have protection all the time. Sure they had the inner wall but now that they had all the crops planted and the animals they really needed this outer wall as well.

After making sure everything was going well and putting in a few hours work, he got back on his horse and rode out to the power plant. He had rediscovered his love of riding now that they had to ration fuel. He had ridden as a kid on his parents farm and in a few of the countries he had served in as a soldier. Now he was getting to do so again and he was back up to speed again. His back,rump and legs no longer hurt even after a full day in the saddle and he was able to move around with ease.

He made the Power station by lunch and helped solve a minor problem there. It was easier for them to call him in than to call all the way into town, especially on minor things. If it had been about something mechanical or scientific he would probably have waited for Ria or brought Derry but it had only been about a minor security issue and a structural one. The security issue had been easily dealt with and the structural one almost as easily. The engineers had just needed the go ahead to open another part of the plant, but a small section of it was connected to underground tunnels. Troy made sure that it had been fully cleared before the engineer's were allowed in to seal the access off. It took the better part of the rest of the day but finally it was sealed behind a brick wall and then a metal sheet had been welded across that. Troy smiled. It may be overkill but it should reassure everyone that was working here.

Now that the area was safe the engineers and workers could open up this area which contained another two turbines. If they could get these started as well and bring these online it would hopefully mean the town and surrounding area could actually use electricity without such heavy restrictions. However that was still a month away at least. He bade all the workers goodbye, said his farewells to the security force telling them to radio the winery about his plan to return and began the journey home. Cassie was in town today and tonight on a trip to see Daniel. Troy's face momentarily clouded as he thought about it, but it cleared quickly. He didn't know why she persisted visiting him and giving him lap dances. He had gone with her a few times to make sure Daniel didn't try anything but honestly he was sure the guy was not actually getting any pleasure out of the act. In fact the last time he had gone Daniel had seemed more interested in talking to him than in Cassie's dance. Still she told him she had promised the guy and honestly he couldn't see the harm so he let her. He wouldn't have minded going himself just to talk but he never seemed to have the time these days. He made sure that whenever Daniel was brought out on his tour he went with him and he treated him as just another person. He got the feeling he was getting sick of being treated as someone special but getting kept locked up in a gilded cage. Last time he had snuck him out of camp at night and taken him for a ride and shown him the good he was doing personally. He had kept silent but Troy had hoped it had shown him he was appreciated without the usual empty platitudes of the people they had surrounded him with.

As he finally made it back to the stables at the Winery he saw the familiar figures of both Zeus and Beauty in the guest stalls. He smiled as he remembered that Ria and Bart were coming for some well end R&R. Dismounting he unsaddled his own mount and rubbed her down before feeding and watering her. He himself didn't really have a regular mount but used several different ones depending on the job he had to do. Finally after the horse was seen to he walked towards the main building. He needed a shower and a change of clothes before dinner where he was sure Ria ans Bart would catch him up on everything that was going on.
 
Cassie

Ok, I have two things to tell you in this post. The first one is directed toward men. I love you all and think you are cute and funny and all that. But it drives me crazy and lots of other women crazy too when you lose interest in us … and in this case ME.

Daniel had been giving me the cold shoulder for a while … and I thought the bikini thing would help revive our relationship. Nope … NADA … Nothing. I just don’t get you men. How can you be so hot for us, and then poof you are not interested anymore. Daniel was super-hot for me … he pursued me and seem to be really into me, but then all of a sudden he was not interested anymore. Anyhow, what I want to tell you men is that when you do that … it really sucks.

I walked out of Daniel’s room with my head hanging low. I did not even put my long jacket back on. I just walked out. A few of the “guards” glanced at me, but they could tell I was upset and thought it best not to talk to me. I went back to my donkey “slow silver”. He always was good to talk too.

“I don’t get men … they run hot and cold. It just seems like men are more in the moment. Women are more looking towards the future. If I wanted a long term relationship with a man, I would always show interest in him. I think Daniel wants a relationship with me, but his interest is just gone. Maybe he has seen too much of me, do you think that is the problem?” I asked Slow Silver.

I got a “Hee Hawww” from him, which I took to mean that he agreed with me. I saddled up and decide to take him for a ride. We trotted out of the stables.

And this brings me to the second thing I wanted to tell you. Donkeys are awesome. First thing is, and Ria would love this fact, weight-for-weight, donkeys eat less than half the food of cattle (the same size) and produce nearly twice as much work. They are just super-efficient. Also they can eat a greater variety of the vegetation. And Donkeys can do without water for up to 3 days try that with your fancy horses. And here is the most important part, donkeys are very intelligent.

It has been said that horse are commanded, but with a donkey it is more of a negotiation. So I felt pretty good that Slow Silver agreed with my thoughts on Daniel and that put me in a better mood.

Unfortunately that mood did not last very long … the attacking zombies kind of killed it. Slow Silver and I had just around the corner when there was a whole lot of snarling zombies in front of us. As I looked up I think “mob of zombies” was the right word and they were advancing at us. They seemed to be headed towards Daniel house, but that meant going through Slow Silver and me. Why the zombies were acting up? What had happened to Daniel? Were question to be answered later. For now, I had to act.

Well, I had no weapons … I was dressed in a VERY skimpy bikini and I was on a slow donkey. So what do you think I did? I gave a might yell of "Hi Ho Slow Silver Away!” and charged right at the mob of zombies. My donkey was not that fast, but you still do not want to be kicked or run over by him. The first zombie learned that as Slow Silver rammed into him and he was knocked to the ground and stomped on.

I was using what weapons I had … my cloth bag and my stilettos high heels. With the bag, I brained a few zombies and with the high heels my foot caught a zombie right in its eye. This caused me to say “I hope I didn’t give you an eye full … I feel like such a heel ... if you would have been toe'ing the line ...!”

All joking aside … there were ways too many zombies for us to fight them all. Slow Silver knew that and reared up and smashing two zombie while he managed to get turned around … a back kick also smashed two more zombies to the ground as I hung on for dear life. This reminds me … I forgot to tell you another great thing about donkeys. They are agile on rough ground and gradients.

“Run like the wind!” I yelled to Slow Silver and he took off, but it was more like a gentle breezy than a strong wind. Nevertheless we were keeping ahead of the mob … as we saw Daniel and some girl ahead of us.
 
Daniel

Having a parasitic host invade and control your conscious is not the most exciting experience I have ever had. It is actually pretty low on my bucket list.

This possession was unlike any I had ever experienced. Before there was a moment of unbelievably intense pain, followed by the Voice sinking into my body and controlling my actions. This time, however, none of that happens. Instead, it just feels like I have switched controls over to the Voice. Like we are driving a car; in this case my body; and I just pass on the wheel.

I know what is happening. I know the zombies are free from my control, and are attacking people. I know that everyone is in danger, and if I don't do something everyone will probably end up dead. I just don't care.

All that matters to me right now is how I had felt when I had seen Arya. I had actually felt something for a girl. A twinge of arousal, a spark of lust. Not much, but it was a definite contrast with my lack of that feeling for the last few months. God, this Arya girl is hot. I haven't felt this way since I had first started dating Cassie. No, that isn't true. I have never felt this way about any girl.

So yeah, I don't care that the Voice has contorl of my body, and is letting all hell loose on my friends and the people I am tasked with protecting. Because right now, I only care about Arya. And I know that I love her. The moment I saw her, the moment I felt an attraction, the moment I noticed how sexy she was, I knew that I wanted to spend my life with her.

"Tsk, tsk Arya. Didn't your parents ever teach you never to talk to strangers? But thanks to you, I have control of this body," the Voice; or I; say, bending down so he/we are eye-level with the girl, who had fallen to the ground at some point. "You must be repaid for your services. Tell you what, Arya girl... I'll kill you last. I will allow you to live out your pathetic, mere human life a little longer, and then you will fall just like the rest of your insolent species will eventually." The Voice grins at this, but it comes through my face. To Arya, this is all me.

As if to further mock me and destroy me, the Voice reaches out and caresses her cheek, knowing that he is ruining my chances of a lifetime with my love.

What he doesn't expect, however, is her reaction to this unwanted form of intimacy. She pretends to go with it for a moment, nuzzling her face into his hand, before she turns her head and bites it. The Voice screams in pain and clutches his hand, and Arya scrambles to her feet and whips out her pistol, her trigger finger ready.

Arya

What. A. Creep. This guy was fucking insane. I mean, he had started out seeming nice, and kinda cute even, in that shy sorta way. I definitely would have liked to befriended him. But then he just goes batshit crazy. Go figure.

He had pushed me onto the ground not too soon after he had turned all dark and gloomy. He then kneels down to my eye level, and spewing all this insane shit about "him having control" and how "humans were pathetic". He speaks as if he isn't human himself, which is even creepier. And then, he caresses my cheek. He fucking caresses it. While grinning, the fucking bastard.

I know that right now, I am kind of at a disadvantage. If I go for my gun, he will see me and wrestle me to the ground, and he definitely seems capable of taking me on. So I need him distracted.

Using my sexy looks, I lull him into a false sense of security by playing along, before biting him. Yup, he's distracted now. I jump up, whip out my pistol, and aim for his chest. He notices this, but doesn't seem fazed much. In fact, his grin only widens.

"Killing me would be the greatest mistake of your life. You were, after all, brought her to protect the Controller, not destroy it," he says smugly. His words barely register in my brain, but they do. At this, I feel my mouth drop. It actually gapes open.

No. Fucking. Way. This has to be bullshit. A guy contorlling those motherfucking zombies, instead of a machine? What the actual fuck? He sees this moment of hesitation, and then he collapses to the ground, much like before. And again, being a complete idiot, I run over to him, making sure he is okay.

He is out cold on the ground, and I move him around a bit so he is laying on his side. Don't want him to choke on his own puke or whatever. If he really is the Controller, then I can't fuck up on my first day here and have him die.

After a while he regains consciousness, and sees me sitting on the ground next to him. He right away closes his eyes, and the crashing and snarling, which had begun to die down since he had gone out, ended abruptly.

Looks like he actually is the Controller.

Just my fucking luck.
 
Last edited:
Ben Krauze

I sat in the dark shadow cast by the trees, it seemed that these things reacted on sight, sound and smell. With one of their brethren rotting away under the tree, the fact that I didn't move and was hidden by shadows, allowed me to spy upon them. And so far they all seemed to be in two categories, the first type the same ones that over ran all defenses and left only a few survivors left and then there was the second group, they moved about in organized clusters and movements, like they were part of a military operation, though not even a single one of them carried any type of militaristic or even law enforcement uniforms nor insignia. I kept watch, making certain that I wasn't missing out on something vital, something which could give me an edge in the bid to free some survivors from the grip of these...things.
 
Cramer Wolf Grimes

I was more reserved now after the first wave of the insanity and the second, but PTSD was making my nights a hellish nightmare. Doc as usual cusses and swears about all his patients, that is until after a rough night I knocked him on his ass. The Vineyard radioed the house routinely checkin in, or I'd ride over on my Pinto named Scout to tend to some sickly plants. Vineyard folks had initiative and planted a garden, only askin my advice the if the books didn't help. Or fix sumthin that wusn't workin right, this was usually when Troy was busy out there at the power plant.

Bein that it was a long days ride away, he just couldn't come runnin back unless it's an emergency. I'd hitch faithful ol' Scout to the wagon I built out of old junk car parts to haul loads of produce. I enjoyed visits with everyone, yet after awhile, anxiety was tightening my chest as the urge to git home would overcome me. My Kaitlin as always whispers in my mind "Relax, don't withdraw into yourself, be the good man I know you are Cramer." With a wry smile knowing she's right it eases my anxiety, to the point that I can stay and get to know others at the Vineyard. Still not one woman could draw my interest, as a broken heart doesn't heal that quickly. Folks had thankfully let me be bout it, as blowing sunshine and rainbow smoke up my ass didn't work. Helping dig a ditch we all got hot, sweaty I removed my red checked flannel shirt. A few women I paid no attention to were watchin me, wiping sweat out of my eyes I sat in the shade. Scratchin my ol' cat Patches under the chin, a guy tossed a water I took it takin a drink pourin some over my head. The guys told me I just shrugged it off, jokin they said they looked like wildcats seein a rabbit.

At dinner a brunette nearly made me turn the table over playing footsie with my crotch. It cracked everyone up, but it was embarrassing and unbearable to stay any longer. I throw my napkin onto the table and excuse myself, I left the dinning room for the guest room that was assigned to me. Unlocking the door I step into the room only to find a blonde in my bed, she was beautiful but was angrily told to "Git the hell outta my room!" It pissed me off to the point my hands were clammy and trembling. Soon after it was explained to me "The ladies meant no harm at all, I swear. But the world needs children Mr. Grimes." That did it, I finally lost it completely. Screaming at the top of my lungs "I had a Wife and son! fuckin undead monsters tore them limb from limb!" With a furious glare I slam the door in their faces quickly lockin it, never meetin those trying to calm me down. I go weak in the knees droppin to the floor, near blackin out I may have heard Ria speak to me. She might've said somethin like "Cramer, remember what I've told you in the past, my dear friend? Just breath, calm yourself and relax. Things will work themselves out " I calmed slightly before the room tilted suddenly, spinning wildly as the lights went out. Waking up who knows when without my Braves cap, cowboy boots and camouflaged jacket. They must've put my ass in the bed cause I faintly recollect tossin 'n' turnin 'n' cryin myself to sleep.

I couldn't make out the person that was sittin in the corner of the dimly lit room, might've been Ria but I wus'nt what ye'd call "all there" anyway. Unwillin to speak I didn't move at all after, eventually turnin on my side only to cry myself to sleep. My Kaitlin's spirit came to hold me close quietin my mind as she brings peace to my sad, lonely, troubled soul. A few hours later I jolt awake before dawn then quietly as I could git to my cowboy boots, cap and camo jacket on. My AR-15, 1911 Colt .45, baseball bat and ammo belt was downstairs in the ample sized mud room that kept all weapons not in use in a large locker. Quietly I slip out of the room, treadin lightly down each step from shadow to shadow I reach the mud room door. Pulling my boots on and open it with a nod to the guard wuz watching me with very wary eyes, I'd never git a reaction like this from a Knight that's fer damned sure. I put my cap on while walking to fetch my weapons, geared up I give the asshole guard the finger. My glare dared him to open his mouth for a smart ass remark as I exit the mud room. Closing the door behind me to cross the porch and down the steps to make my way to the stables. Sensing stress in my scent Scout snorts stamping his hoof as the big fella knows me so well. Opening the stable door he whinnies as I enter and step into his stall, I touch my forehead gently to his while rubbing each side of his neck.

"Shhh easy now big fella every thangs alright, don't fret I'm here now. Want to go home huh?" The stable boy treated him really well, brushin, layerin the blankets and foldin his favorite Mexican blanket on top. Liftin the saddle from a top rail of the stall, placin it on Scouts broad back it's cinched up to just the right amount. I put my foot in the stirrup and grab the saddle horn, pullin myself halfway up onto his side to test it's tightness. Letting myself down to pull my foot from the stirrup, his bridal is gently placed over his head and the bit fitted into his mouth. Slidin saddlebags over his back settlin em in place, I git a big handful of granola from a large Ziploc bag. Eatin a handful myself I give Scout a couple handfuls he ate quickly. "Good stuff, big fella? Lets git to travelin Scout, what ye thank?"

Pattin his neck soundly before I walk Scout outside into the predawn light so the guards can see it's me. Gathering the reins I put my foot into the stirrup, pullin up and into the saddle my right foot slides into the stirrup. Giving my legs a squeeze he breaks into a trot. "C'mon boy, let's go home." Saying it quietly only for Scout. Taking an old trail that he had once used part of it to find to the Farm, as I ride him somehow he knows if zombies were near, it revealed his intelligence. The darkness was lit like night vision to me, it's not anythang that I wanted to be known. My behavior last night didn't help things any, being a loner I wasn't completely trusted like I was. But knowing I can see like a wolf at night, this would just make me a monster to most people.
 
Last edited:
Ben Krauze

I remained in the tree, eating an energy bar and sipping water for dinner. Fastening myself to the tree limb with a rope, I managed a few hours' sleep. I woke when a group of the creatures moved by, shambling and groaning, yet they all remained in a close group, roughly resembling a scout team.

I remained as silent and motionless as possible, watching them move by. Nothing stirred in the dark and I rested my head on my arm. Keeping a vigil until sunrise. I would make my move then.
 
Wiebke

I had felt it. Just as the books said, around the 16th week a pregnant woman would or could feel the movements of the baby for the first time. Of course it had been somersaulting around for quite a while, but this was the moment the baby was big enough the mother would feel it.

I had to get out off here before the bastards realized I was pregnant. Otherwise I would be put in the much heavier guarded breeding hold. Here at least I was able to move in and out as long as I stayed in the compound and was available if one of the bastards wanted sex. My secret stack of supplies existed mostly in my imagination though, of all the things I wished were there I only had some dried bread and a bottle of water. Since it was getting dusky, the best time to escape was now.

The river which formed one of the borders was running fast with white water foaming around the many boulders obstructing the flow of the water, and the bank high. The river was also shallow. Climbing down would take took much time, jumping in would possibly be seen as a suicide, which would mean less retaliation for the people imprisoned here I hoped. I hoped I had found the right spot to jump down, where I thought a swirl had somewhat deepened the riverbed behind a big rock.

The dried bread I put on a shelf in the kitchen. The water I kept in my hand. Slowly I walked to the river. Stopping here and there, turning around once like I wanted to get back to my barack, and then turning again, and walking faster. Closer to the riverbank my steps became strides, determinant. I climbed the big rock and immediately threw myself off of it at the left side. I heard some yells and screams while I fell down and I wasn't sure with of them was mine.

A sharp pain shot through my arm when I hit a rock with my wrist just before I had turned my body around completely to enter the water with my feet first. Hard I hit the bottom, shot up again and took a deep breath before I let my body go limp and allowed the white water to take me away on its current.
 
Cramer meets Wiebke

Nearin the river crossin the trail widens out along with the trees, leanin down to avoid low branches I catch a glimpse of red? The tree trunk blocks my line of sight a moment as ol' Scout wants a drink, tyin the reigns around the saddle horn I dismount to take a closer look. Pattin the big fella on his left haunch as he walks off ahead of me, the closer I get to the patch of red the more I realize it's a body. Thanking that I'm goin to have to bury this poor soul, removin my ridin gloves I take a knee reaching out to what I assume is a dead body. Reluctantly rollin the body over to my surprise she's slightly warm...and pregnant! "Lord have mercy! Where did you come from upstream gal?!" Lookin upstream, I wonder how far...

My Kaitlin and son came to mind and I frantically beging to check for broken bones. Her left wrist wus broken but I didn't find any other broken bones. I carefully yet quickly gather the Hypothermic woman into my arms, standin I whistle for Scout to come to me. He does so I give a hand command for him lay down in the dry sand, placin the woman against his warm under belly as it was the warmest place. Unbuckle the saddle strap removin it and put the saddle to one side, unfoldin the blankets to lay one down for her. Pickin her up and laying her on the blanket warmed by Scout, I remember my survival training I have to take her wet clothes off. Wrappin her in the the wool horse blankets in a rush to gather wood, buildin a small fire so it wouldn't draw zombies to us.

Searchin my pockets for matches findin none, hurryin to find em in Scouts saddlebags I do purty quickly. I pull a flask of peach brandy from a pocket to take a swig then pour it on the wood, I strike a match tossin it on the stacked wood it lit fast. Scout lifts his head to look at me like I'm up to something. "Hey, don't go thankin I'm up to no good." He just up and snorts as I get under the blanket, I wrap my arms around the pregnant woman to share my body heat. With Scouts hearing and mine, along with my eyesight and a shielded fire, we'd see any of the zombies before they saw us. The AR-15 lay well within reach to deal with any that literally stumbled on us. Hopefully that wasn't in the cards for the three of us, I made up my mind then and there. Nothin was goin to hurt these two lives that are given into my protection now, I swore to the good lord I would die tryin for this unknown woman and her unborn son.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top