Writing Challenge ~ October 2014 ~ Comments and Reviews

Britwitch

Classically curvy
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Posts
23,086
WRITING CHALLENGE REVIEW THREAD ~ OCTOBER 2014​

Just a few little rules for this thread:-

• This thread is for comments and reviews only. Submissions go here!

• Please keep your comments focused on the pieces posted for the challenge running from 1st October – 1st November 2014 only, this is not really intended to be a thread for conversation/flirting/mayhem and so on (Sorry to be a bore!). Writers should be able to find reviews/comments for their pieces without having to trawl through pages of banter (no matter how amusing/sexy it might be!) :)

Readers/Reviewers:- Please keep your comments and reviews polite and, wherever possible, positive. If you have constructive criticism or advice for writers please do give it but be polite about it! You don’t have to like everything you read but if you really don’t have anything nice to say about something then I would suggest you refrain from posting. And if all you want to say is you liked a piece and no more…that’s great too! We all know how writers like to be appreciated! ;)

Authors:- Please take constructive criticism as it is intended, as an attempt at improving possible flaws/problems/areas of confusion in your piece. They are not (hopefully!) personal attacks on you or your work.

• This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know new writers and potential partners, to exercise our writing brains, it’s not a competition, please keep that in mind!

• One more thing…suggestions for future prompts are very welcome and should be PM’d to me – Britwitch – as a link ideally. :)

Previous challenges and reviews can be found here.

Happy reading!
 
My piece wasn't what I had originally intended, and for that I apologize. Though short, it felt necessary. My own little way of saying goodbye, though it will never be read by the one for whom it was intended.

Still hoping to get my original idea up and soon. :)

Duchess:rose:
 
I need to write 'proper' comments when I have a little more time but wanted to say that fr33k and Duchess I loved both of your pieces! :rose:

And! Can't wait to see what else you're planning, lovely! :D
 
fr33ks33k; I enjoyed the intrigue and inventiveness. Nice premise and well done. Instead of getting the web into the story, you got the story into the web. Delicious.
 
TinyDuchess; Who would know if it wasn't what you intended? Your imagery is sharp and your explanation added another layer to this story, made each word more poignant. Thank you for sharing what was clearly personal.
 
The Spider Queen ~ fr33ks33k

Ah, fr33k. Another month and another wonderful example of your gift with words. Super!

The End ~ TinyDuchess

Sad but beautiful, your word choice is amazing. I loved how you worked all the prompts in too. It was clearly written from the heart and all the more wonderful for being so.

Untitled ~ Antics

Yay! A new face!
This was a great little story. I had no idea where it was going until the end and those last few lines made me shiver. Awesomely done. :D

Untitled ~ Vail Indigo

No, no, no. Not cheating and please, don't take it down. This was dark and eerie and wonderful and soooo good.

I love your words, always have, and this was a perfect example. They lure you in and wrap you up, rather like Tilly, and damn if we don't love it when they do.

Fantastic, lovely Lady :rose:
 
As always I've loved all the entries so far. Every month just seems to get better and better.

Fr33k and TinyDutches... I love the way both of you paint such vivid pictures with so few words.

Antics... Great story.. I liked it a lot

Vail... I'm so sorry to see you took yours down, but I'm glad I was able to read it first. It was truly great.
 
Back
Top