A new rule {Closed}

La_Reina

Sexy Feisty Sub
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Posts
2,663
Cali overlooked the city watching it burn. There were at least 15 fires in different sections of the city in various degrees of intensity. She could see people choking on the smoke in the streets and though neighboring cities had brought in fire trucks it was a lost cause. This city was going to burn and there was a good chance the trees were going to catch which would result in wild fires and neighboring cities were going to also burn. Since their firetrucks were here she could predict that those cities were also going to burn. It didn't help people were rioting and killing as they realized how dire their situation was.

Cali looked up as a helicopter flew above her heading towards the fire. They dropped gallons of water on a building, but it didn't do much. She smirked. Looked like the government was finally getting involved. She smirked. The people were weak and it was her fault.

Cali was a superhero. Well, they called her a vigilante. No one ever saw her face and she was 12 when she discovered her powers. If you wanted to call it that. She had been taking Tai kwon do since a child from her Japanese father. She was 12 when she realized she could move at impossible speeds. She had taken to helping the police when she was 16. She thought she was would be like Batman and people would love her or like Superman. Instead she was more like Spiderman. The cops were hunting for her even though they also depended on her. Before they would just scream and if she heard it she would change and help. She was doing good she told herself over the last 11 years.

Cali lit a cigarette and threw the lit match into the nearby brush not really caring if it caught or not. Her mother had died in childbirth and her father raised her. She loved him dearly and he loved her. People would look and stare as his daughter had inherited his wife's caramel skin, but she also had Japanese features. Cali had thought herself of a ninja. Then the police had raided her father's dojo claiming that they had some evidence that he was the vigilante. There was a special kind of flooring mat that her father shipped from Japan and it so happened there was a residue and with forensics had deduce it came from here.

Cali tried to argue it could come from any of his students or anyone who visited wanting to learn self defense, but the police finally had a lead and wanted to blame something. They had a low rating with the public and if they could catch the vigilante then maybe they could shift that around. Cali's father locked eyes with his daughter and he knew...he knew she was the one. He had seen her get faster and faster and some things just didn't need to be spoken. He agreed to go. He was wearing Getas, a wooden Japanese shoe that was like a clog, but had a cloth that went between the toes like flip flops, and when the officer forcibly pushed him he tripped landing forward and unfortunately reaching out grabbed onto the waist and belt of the officer in front of him. It looked like an accident and her father wasn't trying to tackle or take the gun from the officer, but the other officer pulled out his gun and shot her father twice in the back.

Cali heard a woman screaming and it was only when they tried to pull her away that she realized it was her. Cali turned and ran out the back door and with a small burst was gone. It was 3 days later and a simple house fire and turned complicated quick. The police and fire department had record times to coming late to this fire and Cali had watched it grow and grow. Now the whole city was going to burn and she was happy to watch them burn.

"Help! Please help us," came the cries from the city.

Cali puffed on her cigarette. She turned to the city and blew out the smoke. "No."

~~~

It was two months later and you would think WWIII had happened instead of a fire that tore the superpower apart. No one could stop it and even when it looked like it was going out more grew in it's place. The United Nations had agreed that the great US of A could handle a fire and no one helped. The US retaliated by accidentally launching a few missiles. Their excuse that the fire had caused it and they hadn't meant to, except the missiles hit major countries and obliterated them. The countries retaliated with their own missles while other countries took advantage of the distraction and invaded countries that they wanted.

9 months later and there were no more superpowers or really no more world as you know it. It was more like a Mad Max world and Cali didn't give a shit that she could have prevented this. Infact, she thought this could have been worse. She walked into a dusty town and looked around. She wore a short motorcycle jacket that showed off her midriff and her guns at her hips. She had two short swords at her back and on top of those was her backpack. She slowly walked to the bounty office while she noted every person and who looked at her too long.

Cali walked inside and into the empty room. She pulled her bag around and pulled out two heads. "The McCall brothers. Dead or alive and worth $3000 Caps."

"They were worth $10K caps alive you know."

Cali looked at the man and he nodded before handing her a bag with her money inside. "They deserved to die." She pulled the rags that the heads had been in out of her bag and threw them on the ground. She turned and was walking out the door when the Officer was asking her who was going to pick that filth up. Cali dropped a silver cap that was worth $5 on the ground and a few patrons rushed to pick up the money and the rags. The world was poor was an understatment and Cali liked her new job. Vigilante turned bounty hunter turned villain.

148d042352914da49b73311f5396dae9.jpg


Callisto_03.jpg
 
Jacob did nothing as the world turned to shit. There was nothing he could do, realistically, he was just a military engineer... He had no influence on governments or the UN or anything. What could he do about a global disaster the likes of which no-one had seen before.

Everything changed in such a short space of time. Once the world saw them as the enemy, America was cut off. No trade. No help. Even her life long historical allies across the ocean had deserted her... "Fucking Brits..." he remembered thinking at the time. Civilization had descended into chaos shortly after. There were those that had, and those that didn't.

If you had something someone wanted, be prepared to defend it with your life. Such was the way of the world now. During his life on this Earth Jacob had seen incredible feats of bravery and strength. Courage and commitment to a cause.... now it was do or die... kill or be killed.

He started out in the New World as a have not, but then he had discovered something. Something that could change all that, for himself and everyone around him. And it happened virtually overnight.

His time in the Military had served him well in recent weeks, surviving of the bare minimum. He'd managed to find an abandoned mine he could call home for a day or two. It was deserted, which was unusual these days, but he had gone off the beaten track in order to try and stay as far off-the-grid as possible. He settled down for the night. Zeus, the Alsatian he'd rescued from a dry riverbed a few years ago, stood guard over him, unmoving.

He'd drifted off to sleep, he didn't usually dream, but tonight he did. Visions swirled within his subconscious. Plants growing from nothing. Water flowing freely down mountain passes. Bright flashes, small explosions filled his dream. Then, a white light, growing, filling his mind, his being...

"Whuh..." He awoke with a start, Zeus standing over him, concerned, "Hey boy, don't worry. Just a... strange dream..." He sat upright, too fast, and white flashes filled his vision...

"Whoa..." He steadied himself on one elbow... blinked to clear his vision... that’s when he saw it. All around him, grass. Green and luscious. In a mine. It was dirt and rocks when he had gone to sleep...

As the days progressed he found that, if he concentrated, he could make things out of other things. More specifically he could turn organic matter into different organic matter. He turned a rock into a clump of brown fertile earth. Sand into water, that kind of thing. The reality of this 'superpower' soon dawned on him, the implications were unimaginable....

MV5BODU2NjE3MjczNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM2MDIzMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
 
Last edited:
Cali walked into the magnificent mansion. Two men with guns walked up to her and the one on the left, the veteran just looked at her and stopped just a foot from her. The rookie reached out to touch her and Cali grabbed his wrist, twisted, and heard the sickening crunch of bones as his wrist broke. The man screamed forgetting his gun strapped to his side and going to knees in front of her.

"Remember that bitch I was telling you about kid," The veteran said. "Meet Cali. We don't touch Cali. She's very temperamental like that."

"Cali let him go," Mr. Big said from the top of the stairs. Cali immediately let the rookie go. He looked at her as if he wanted to hurt her. Cali smiled sweetly at him. "Take off your jacket." Cali took of her jacket letting it fall to the ground. "You're shirt." Cali lifted up her shirt exposing her back to the men there and then her front. She wasn't wearing a bra so there as nothing she could hide. "And your bottoms." Cali kicked off her boots and took off her socks. She dragged them just behind her with her feet while unzipping her pants. She kicked that off and stood in her underwear; bikini style. She wasn't hiding anything.

Mr. Big nodded. If she wasn't going to let his men search her this is what she had to go through.

Cali slowly put back on her clothes and once clothed she followed Mr. Big into his den. He looked her over. "Where have you been?" Cali didn't answer. She worked for him, but wasn't one of his hired goons to order around. She could outrun a bullet and though her pose was relaxed she was ready to move.

"There's been rumors of a man who could change the world. He's some sort of mutant freak with some sort of hand of Elixir. Some people are calling him the next messiah. I need you to check it out and bring him back to me."

"How will I find him?"

"He's the one feeding the hungry. You'll find him. Head west. That's all I know."

"Isn't much," Cali said under her breath while trying to process the information.

Mr. Big slammed his hand down on the table and Cali was up and had her sword drawn in a flash. She quickly replaced it before Mr. Big could order her death. She saw Mr. Big sit back and he stared at her like her father used too when he was contemplating something. She suddenly felt vulnerable. "You're usual pay doubled. Here's half now." Another guard walked in carrying a small bag of coins and dropped it on the table in front of Cali. He stayed well out of her way.

Cali picked it up and nodded. She was walking out the door when Mr. Big stopped her by calling her by her birthname. "Calista... there is no reneging this assignment. Either you find him or I'll kill you. And I will kill you." Cali turned to look at her employer and she knew she would never rest if she crossed this man. She merely turned back around and left the mansion.

Mr. Big went to the control room and looked at the pretty Asian woman who worked the controls. "Show me when I hit the table." They went through the footage over and over, but all you could see on the cam was a blur. "Very interesting. Very interesting indeed."
 
Last edited:
It had been weeks, months now since he had discovered and honed his abilities. He wasn't sure exactly how long because time was difficult to keep track of these days. He'd sat in that mine until he figured out what he needed to focus on to get his gift to work, and what he was capable of. Water was easy, he just had to visualise it and his mouth involuntarily watered.... he would feel a warm, fuzzy sensation in his fingers and anything he was touching at the time changed into water. No container. No bottle or anything, just the water, there where his fingers had been.

Things worked differently depending on what he was trying to change. Sometimes, like the water, he just had to think it, but with other things, like soil or vegetation he had to picture the textures.... the feel of it on his skin. It took a while, but he started to get the hang of it. Soon he had a lush oasis inside the mine. Grass everywhere, water in manmade pools, trees, vegetables the whole package.

He was well rested and fed by the time he and Zeus left the privacy of the mine, having made his mind up about what he had to do. He needed to start small, he couldn't let anyone catch on too quickly or he would become a wanted man. So in the weeks that followed he travelled the wilderness, helping the people he found. Feeding them, giving them the means to feed themselves.

He had been staying in a small community near what used to be called Wyoming. He had become a minor celebrity practically overnight with his abilities and soon word had spread that there was this 'miracle man' who could turn things into water, or plants or whatever the hell you needed. People were coming from far and wide to ask for his help, to see him and what he could do.

"Time to move on, Zeus" he said on the fifth day, "we've overstayed our welcome."

Even with no telephones, or communications, he was becoming to well known round here to be able to keep his head down any longer. He grabbed his old army pack that he carried with him everywhere, and whatever he could find that might be useful and disappeared into the night.

Things had started to get complicated.
 
Cali walked out into the heat and still she felt cold. She had been careless in the first time in years. She knew Mr. Big would review his cameras and see she had been too fast even for the cameras to pick up. Then he had warned her and had broached that she could not fail this mission. She knew that even if it took her years to find this mystery man Mr. Big would be waiting. Cali snorted. She doubted she had years. Mr. Big might give her a year top then start sending men after her to make sure she was still on mission. No matter how far or how fast she was she couldn't outrun Mr. Big and his goons. Hell, he would just hire assassins to take her. No, Cali didn't want to go down that road. She would just have to find this Messiah.

It was 1 week later and Cali was now getting a trace of this guy. Apparently, he had some sort of green thumb or something. He could go grow food out of the driest dirt. Cali didn't understand the part about water. Maybe, the man just knew how to get water out of the driest dirt too which would explain how he was able to grow the best foods from dirt. He was a commodity. A farmer with the gift of farming. You could never go hungry.

The only freaking problem was no one could describe him. Or there were descriptions alright so far he was between 6ft and 10 ft tall with the voice of an angel or the booming voice of the devil himself and a smile to match. Apparently he always had a glow about him and blah blah blah. More than half the shit was exaggerated. He could be anyone and Cali was getting very very annoyed.

The one good piece of information she was getting was that man appeared to be moving randomly, but stopping at almost every city. It was hard to get a pattern on him, but there were only 3 cities that were in relative distance to the route the man seemed to be going in. Cali put on a burst of speed and arrived to the city at dusk. She waited, but from what she could tell he wasn't here. This just meant she would have to try the other two. She was trying to decide which one to go to as she slowly walked into the night air.
 
He'd been moving from city to city, if you could call them that these days. It reminded him of all those old west movies he used to watch as a kid. The old frontier towns where people would gather, settle and call it home. They had grown into the cities of America before the event, now it was like history repeating itself.

He was doing his best to stay hidden, but it wasn't easy. He had a way of attracting attention, even when he wasn't doing anything 'helpful'. Zeus wasn't helping matters, the big dog attracted a lot of attention, but he couldn't just dump him after all they'd been through. He had heard word that a price had been placed on his head. A big price. He knew that he couldn't hide forever, and when they found him, all hell would break lose.

He kept moving on after a day or so, trying to stay one step ahead of anyone who might be on his trail. He'd lay low for an hour or so, to make sure no one was watching, and then sneak out of town by a back route staying in the shadows.

Word was that they had sent some one special after him. Someone who was better at what she did than anyone else in the business. Looks like he would be finding out sooner rather than later if he didn't keep moving.
 
Last edited:
Cali was walking through the forest using the moon as her guide. She still hadn't decided which two of the towns she was going to. She heard rustling and went towards it. In the distance she saw a man with a huge fucking dog. She stepped out of the tree line and waved.

"Hi."

She was looking the man over. He appeared to be one of those lone roamer type. Cute in the face though. She still wasn't sure what the magic man, the nickname she was hearing of him that made the most sense to her, looked like. Oh hell she thought she'll give it a try.

"Please don't hurt me. I'm on my way to Raik City. I was hoping ... do you have some water? Some raiders ..." she trailed off. "I managed to run and hide in some bushes, but they took all the things that fell out of my pack. I'm really thirsty and hungry."

Cali waited and she sighed when she caught a canteen at his hip. This couldn't be the man. Why would he carry a canteen. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small coin. "I can pay, Mister."
 
He had decided to move on again, he'd heard rumours of a bounty on his head... he needed to be under the radar pretty quickly. He headed for the cover of a forest that would allow him to move unseen for a while. Zeus took point, leading him on through the undergrowth.

'Hi.' said the woman standing 100 yards away. It was like she'd just popped into existance on the path. He gave her a quick once over... she was pretty, of Asian descent possibly, and there was something about the way she held herself..

'Please don't hurt me. I'm on my way to Raik City. I was hoping ... do you have some water? Some raiders …' she trailed off. 'I managed to run and hide in some bushes, but they took all the things that fell out of my pack. I'm really thirsty and hungry.'

She spoke confidently, no fear in her voice... she seemed... off. He would have to be more cautious he decided. She had appeared out of nowhere... no sound or anything... and Zeus, who was usually a good judge of character, was surprisingly still.

"Put your money away... here." He tossed her the canteen.
 
Back
Top