Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
annikasfury
Experienced

Two for flinching

Does anybody else have a hard time holding still during a flogging or whipping if you're not tied down? Being told to hold still is so much worse for me than being tied up, which I guess is the point. I get aroused, dripping wet I swear, but I cringe like a sissy when he swings his weapon of choice, and he doesn't like it. Is it just me? Just curious.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Ardent1
Really Really Experienced

No. That's more of a submissive thing.

Keep calm, girl; there's no need to be nervous.
Now, hand me the paddle.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
MeekMe
!(◎_◎;)

My experience is different, we don't do flogging and whipping. I think that naturally you're going to flinch if you know it's about to happen (it's a human thing). I have, however, experienced times when it was necessary to stay still. It's difficult to do so and there are reflexes that are just going to happen. Perhaps you should talk with him about this. Maybe you can both work together to build up your tolerance? I don't really know how that works. Maybe someone with more experience will come along. ^_^;

There are a lot of ways to do it. How does your relationship work?

Old 01-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
annikasfury
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeekMe View Post
My experience is different, we don't do flogging and whipping. I think that naturally you're going to flinch if you know it's about to happen (it's a human thing). I have, however, experienced times when it was necessary to stay still. It's difficult to do so and there are reflexes that are just going to happen. Perhaps you should talk with him about this. Maybe you can both work together to build up your tolerance? I don't really know how that works. Maybe someone with more experience will come along. ^_^;
I'm going to try and compromise and have him only work my breasts and clit when I've got a blindfold for awhile, if my hands are free so I can't see it coming He's pretty receptive, I think he'll allow it. And yes, we need to build my tolerance back up, I used to be able to take a lot more, but we've been sort of taking a break because we had a baby last year and she just recently started sleeping through the night. Thanks

Old 01-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Perhaps it would help if you have something to hold onto, like the headboard, a sturdy pieceof furniture or something like that?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
Ardent1

Stress and pain release endorphins into the body. They're a natural pain killer. If your Dom knows what he's doing, he'll work in slowly. I'd say the issue you're running into is that it's too much too soon. Ask him if he could slow down for you a bit. By taking time, the submissive's or bottom's, endorphin levels build which allows more intensity. Now, if you're a masochist and your top is a Sadist, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

Keep calm, girl; there's no need to be nervous.
Now, hand me the paddle.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

I suggest calling the cops on him, then going out and finding an actual dom not a sadist.

I wonder if he'll flinch when they beat his sissy ass in prison?
"There is an expression; all men are created equal. This statement is a lie, no doubt created to help those who wallow in mediocrity feel better about themselves." The Lady Persephone, Grand Mistress of the Circle.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
Aurantica
Beloved and Devoted Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I suggest calling the cops on him, then going out and finding an actual dom not a sadist.

Not cool, dude.

AF up there clearly has someone she trusts, just has issues sitting still for.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=783652

Old 01-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
bull4cuckolds
Experienced

In a word: blindfold

Old 01-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #10
Arlan
Really Experienced

Quote:
Now, if you're a masochist and your top is a Sadist, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

I do agree, though, that it's a lot easier to hold still if the top doesn't push too hard too soon.

Last edited by Arlan : 01-24-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:06 AM   #11
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
Not necessarily. Masochists have reflexes too.

I do agree, though, that it's a lot easier to hold still if the top doesn't push too hard too soon.
Yup, this.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 AM   #12
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post

False dichotomy.
Also, flinching doesn't mean you dislike sadists.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #13
butterfly_flip
Cock Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikasfury View Post
Does anybody else have a hard time holding still during a flogging or whipping if you're not tied down? Being told to hold still is so much worse for me than being tied up, which I guess is the point. I get aroused, dripping wet I swear, but I cringe like a sissy when he swings his weapon of choice, and he doesn't like it. Is it just me? Just curious.
It depends on my mindset. I'm far less likely to flinch if I'm calm, relaxed, and accepting of what's happening to me.
If, however, I have things on my mind which is interfering with that acceptance, then yes, I'll occasionally flinch. Also, as has been mentioned, if it's straight in with the serious impact then yes, I'll flinch too.

What do we want?
A cure for tourettes.
When do we want it?
CUNT

Cum guzzling monkey fucker ~ piss licking chicken sucker ~ cock worshipping ferret molester ~ anus licking crab spanker ~ donkey sucking beaver banger ~ squid licking turd burglar

Old 01-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #14
desertslave
Amateur Painslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent1 View Post
Stress and pain release endorphins into the body. They're a natural pain killer. If your Dom knows what he's doing, he'll work in slowly. I'd say the issue you're running into is that it's too much too soon. Ask him if he could slow down for you a bit. By taking time, the submissive's or bottom's, endorphin levels build which allows more intensity. Now, if you're a masochist and your top is a Sadist, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

I respectfully disagree. I'm a gleeful masochist but I still flinch or wince or jump at times. The absolute worst thing I can possibly hear from Master is "don't move." I want to scream NOOOOOOO (sometimes do), and get that sexy evil chuckle. Thankfully he generally enjoys my wiggles, but there are times when he's just plain mean. LOL

Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a treat! ~~Joanne Woodward

Please enjoy my stories

Old 01-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #15
Kim_Burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertslave View Post
I respectfully disagree. I'm a gleeful masochist but I still flinch or wince or jump at times. The absolute worst thing I can possibly hear from Master is "don't move." I want to scream NOOOOOOO (sometimes do), and get that sexy evil chuckle. Thankfully he generally enjoys my wiggles, but there are times when he's just plain mean. LOL
I'm going to piggyback on what DS said as it closely reflects my experiences. Sir will, on occasion, tell me to not flinch or overreact, especially when abusing my pussy. I have the resolve not to flinch in anticipation and while I struggle not to "overreact" to a strike, I find that when I do remain still and in place, I am both proud of myself and the pain is that much more enjoyable. All things being equal, it's hard to say if I like being whipped while free or restrained more. But he does go much harder when I am restrained, so that would be my preference. Does that make sense?

Having said that in your case OP, if he will allow it, a blindfold may really help.

Disclaimer: I strongly advise you not to take any of my ideas, suggestions or advice seriously. I can not be held responsible if you are crazy enough to listen to my input.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #16
annikasfury
Experienced

I keep trying to write a longer reply, but literotica keeps going down, and I keep losing the posts. I have to get up early, so I'm going to deal with it later. Thanks so much for sharing all of your opinions and experiences. You've given me plenty to think about, and I plan on sharing back a little tomorrow.

Last edited by annikasfury : 01-27-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #17
annikasfury
Experienced

Yes, it does help to hold onto something solid. I have the hardest time when I have to stand in the middle of the room. And I should clarify, that it's not the flinching itself that gets me in trouble, it's just when I won't stay put. If I'm standing, I inevitably end up taking a step or two back.

Warming up a little more gradually is something we should work on together. Honestly it hadn't occurred to me, because I really like to get lost in the pain, but it's something to consider because my partner has a much higher pain threshold than I do. He can take staggering (to me at least) amounts of pain and it arouses him so much I barely have to touch him before I can make him come. Sometimes it surprises him when I yelp, when he didn't really mean for something to hurt. But I'm still having a good time when it hurts, and he's very careful with me. We've only had to use the safeword for pain maybe half a dozen times in four years. It's usually when we try something new, like fisting.

Also, I'm a twitchy person, loud noises make me flinch too, and sometimes sudden movements from people around me.

And my tolerance has been declining over the years. When I first figured out that I wanted this kind of sex, I had some wires crossed and my motivations were twisted. When I was a teenager I used to do crazy shit like brand myself with red hot coat hangers, because that's what I needed at the time, and when I started having sex, it was about feeling as much like shit as possible and getting hurt as much as possible, and hey, if somebody's doing it too you, it absolves you of some of the responsibility, or at least you can rationalize it that way. Anyway, the better I feel in general, and the more I get my life together, the less pain I crave. That's just me though!!! I don't think that everybody, or even anybody that likes to be punished in bed is working through tragic childhood clichés. I'm more into force and humiliation now, but I still enjoy whipping, flogging, spanking, fingernails and clothespins. All of those things get me wet and intensify my orgasms appreciably. Now when I have sex, when it's over, I feel both peaceful and cherished by my partner.

My tolerance changes when my needs change, but I still dig that endorphin buzz, I don't think I'll ever cut pain out of the bedroom entirely. I was just curious if everybody flinches, even if they like pain, or if it was just me because I'm so jumpy in general. Thanks for the responses, I really enjoy different perspectives.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #18
dragonriderjtin
Virgin

Try working on meeting it half way. Lean in to the object. He might like it because it will look like your wanting it more. It should over ride your brain and make you feel like your doing it yourself and be able to take more that way.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #19
Chachi23
Virgin

You mentioned having a baby and one thing that can be affecting your pain threshold are hormones. I had a lot of hormonal shifts after each child and now that I am getting older my body's cycles are all over the map. There are certain days I am shocked my pain threshold is so low but I just communicate with Master and he spends more time warming me up.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #20
annikasfury
Experienced

That's an idea I never considered, Chachi, thanks. And I'll try your suggestion Jtn.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #21
DVS
I'm BAAAAACK

Everybody is different, I guess. I don't see a thing wrong with flinching, in fact I enjoy seeing it. It tells me I've hit the mark I was aiming for, causing the resulting pain.

I might say something like "if you don't stop flinching, I'll hit harder" or something like that, knowing it's impossible to stop flinching. It's a psychological thing, a mind fuck if you will, to tell someone to stop flinching when they can't.

Sure, you can use a warm up technique that allows them to produce the endorphins in their brain, and that can ease the reflex to flinch, but again, I enjoy seeing her squirm and flinch. It's part of the fun.

Electroplay is a shocking experience! My humor can be, too!
But my posts are all totally PC!! Well, kinda sorta

Devious Stories
Rules are not meant to be broken!
Some of my tunz are here, if you care to listen => currently 20+ songs and more to come
Is Raw Anal Lust a desire of yours? The full story "My New Boss" begins here<=
and here is the latest installment ==>08/17/10

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
That we shall pay any price, bear any burden,
Meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
To assure the survival and success of liberty. -- John F. Kennedy