Tombstone

"Ah, Doc....I was just playin'...."

Laconically- "I....wasn't"

best film ever.

I don't like westerns, but tombstone is my favourite film.
I've seen it dozens of times, which is not nearly enough.

This film is so good and the local library doesn't have a copy. Think I'm going to buy one and donate it.

Fun fact: There was an actor in the film named Wyatt Earp who, oddly enough did not play any of the Earp brothers.
Wow... I knew his face, but I didn't realize that was his name. He played Billy Clayborn?

Powers Boothe is in it (President Noah Daniels in 24, Cy Tolliver in Deadwood) — he has a very distinctive voice. Dana Delany (China Beach)... am I missing anyone?

Wow... I knew his face, but I didn't realize that was his name. He played Billy Clayborn?

Powers Boothe is in it (President Noah Daniels in 24, Cy Tolliver in Deadwood) — he has a very distinctive voice. Dana Delany (China Beach)... am I missing anyone?

Bill Paxton, Michael Biehn, Charlton Heston. Stephen Lang (a terrific character actor and voice actor)

"Why you even doin' this, Doc?"

"Because Wyatt Earp's my friend."

"Hell... I got lotsa friends..."

"I don't."

"That's Latin, doll. Apparently Mister Ringo is an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Best line, it reflects my life quite nicely

Doc Holliday: Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This film is so good and the local library doesn't have a copy. Think I'm going to buy one and donate it.

Bravo! You're my kind of person.

Some of the others on this board could learn from you. Don't whine that someone else should do it, do it yourself! And I heartily approve your support of the public library.

With the completely non-existent authority invested in me, I hereby nominate you for the Benjamin Franklin Award. Which, if it doesn't exist, ought to. I'll look into that.

It can make one wish that reincarnation was true.

If Val Kilmer isn't the actual reincarnation of Doc Holliday, it's only because the actual Doc Holliday was a time-travelling Val Kilmer.

If that isn't how it was, it's how it should have been.

Last edited:
Brilliant film this. Dana Delaney always reminds me of Tath, he had a massive crush on her. :rose:

"Huh. The drunk piano player. You're so drunk you can't hit nothin. In fact... you're probably seeing double."

"I've got two guns, one for each of ya."

Best line, it reflects my life quite nicely

Doc Holliday: Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
That line alone... Catfish, if we're doin' this... we're doin' it, right? We're in.

"Hell, Doc, why you doin' this?"

"Wyatt Earp's my friend."

"Hell I got lots of friends..."

"I don't."

Back