Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 06-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #101
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JtohisPB View Post
Thanks for the apparel tip! The hat is probably still a good idea, although I'll likely be as tall as the men or even taller than a few.
In my sneakers I'm just 5'4" so I'm shorter than all of them. I wear a cap. The top is a must in any case.
We were there once and some guy had brought his gf I guess. She'd worn a low cut top (bless her heart) and of course the first thing that happened was a spend casing went right between her boobs. She sounded like a scalded cat. Now I can sympathize to some degree but coming out of that top was not the thing I'd have done. (Well, brass that hot down my bra I might have.)
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #102
FGB
Literotica Guru
 
FGB's Avatar
 
FGB is offline
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lufkin Texas
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
This is, quite simply, the single most bizarre thing I have ever read on LIT.

And that is saying something, believe me.

You feel "safe" with a half a dozen guns in the cafe and an armory in the parking lot?

Interestingly enough, I manage to go out and about my business every single day and never worry about getting shot precisely because I don't have to worry about how many guns are in the cafe.

This whole mentality of guns making you so much safer literally blows me away. I know I said I was going to stay off this thread, but God damn...just...no words.

But true.

Hell, half the time I forget I'm carrying until I start to in somewhere and they have a no firearms sign posted.


A firearm is a tool like anything else in other places in the world you are more likely to get knifed,chopped or blown up as shot.

When I go into a restaurant to eat or anywhere else I don't give much thought about the place getting robbed or someone shooting up the place or anything else. Here in Texas in most places at least 10% of the people are armed although you wouldn't know it by just looking.

Even one of my Grandmothers carried a S&W .38 and a knife in her purse and that was years and years before it was legal.

If you are smart you don't screw around with people here. Fighting is one thing but if you go Trying to kill somebody well...you are asking for it.
__________________
Trouble? I AM Trouble!

Relax I am fgarvb1. Click the safety back on!


There are many systems of philosophy and political life which try to base law and all human relationships upon the nature of man. Man is made the measure of all things. All such systems, whether communism or humanism, or socialism, are doomed to fail because of one fatal flaw: they do not recognize the sinful, self-centered nature of man.
They ignore God and deify man.

Last edited by FGB : 06-25-2014 at 12:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #103
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 8,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
In my sneakers I'm just 5'4" so I'm shorter than all of them. I wear a cap. The top is a must in any case.
We were there once and some guy had brought his gf I guess. She'd worn a low cut top (bless her heart) and of course the first thing that happened was a spend casing went right between her boobs. She sounded like a scalded cat. Now I can sympathize to some degree but coming out of that top was not the thing I'd have done. (Well, brass that hot down my bra I might have.)
I'm pretty sure this belongs in a fetish thread....

...at least I was getting a little hot reading that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #104
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 8,477
Double post

Last edited by query : 06-25-2014 at 12:42 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #105
mwmnpa
Literotica Guru
 
mwmnpa is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburban Philadelphia
Posts: 8,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
Where did you stay to have 'Roo poo all over the yard?
Bargara Beach, I believe. A friend picked us up when we arrived and it ready for us. We "unwound" for a few days before spending a week diving out on an island eco-resort.

There were kangaroos all over that yard. Got a great pic of one silhouetted against the ocean with the sun.

Around here, we have a deer problem. Way too many, they're destructive, and it's too densely populated to shoot them.
__________________
"Now the thing that I call living is just being satisfied/ With knowing I got no one left to blame."
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #106
Rainshine
Funny Face
 
Rainshine's Avatar
 
Rainshine is online now
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 9,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmnpa View Post
Bargara Beach, I believe. A friend picked us up when we arrived and it ready for us. We "unwound" for a few days before spending a week diving out on an island eco-resort.

There were kangaroos all over that yard. Got a great pic of one silhouetted against the ocean with the sun.

Around here, we have a deer problem. Way too many, they're destructive, and it's too densely populated to shoot them.
Aaah yep. You'd have kangaroo's in places up there.
__________________
In a sky full of stars, I think I saw you...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #107
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGB View Post
A firearm is a tool like anything else
A "tool" for what?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #108
mwmnpa
Literotica Guru
 
mwmnpa is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Suburban Philadelphia
Posts: 8,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
Aaah yep. You'd have kangaroo's in places up there.
We could have easily spent the entire 3 week trip in either Australia or New Zealand. Everything is so far apart.

It was cool seeing the kangaroos, but the locals aren't too pleased to have so many of them around.
__________________
"Now the thing that I call living is just being satisfied/ With knowing I got no one left to blame."
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #109
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors
 
NightL's Avatar
 
NightL is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
A "tool" for what?
and some countries have more tools
Number of guns per capita by country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...ita_by_country
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #110
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
and some countries have more tools
Number of guns per capita by country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...ita_by_country
I see Serbia is second on your list. Here is excerpt from Serbian gun policy (and as far as I know my country has pretty similar):

Quote:
The regulation of guns in Serbia is categorised as restrictive.
In Serbia, the right to private gun ownership is not guaranteed by law.
Applicants for a gun owner’s licence in Serbia are required to prove genuine reason to possess a firearm, for example, self-defence, hunting, target shooting, collection, and certain employment-related reasons.
An applicant for a firearm licence in Serbia must pass a background check which considers criminal, medical and other various records.
The civil war that separated ex Yugoslavia was only 20 years ago, what directly affects number of firearms in countries affected. You cannot just slap them all together with countries who didnt experience something similar.
Heck, kids are still finding weapons and bombs from WWII in secluded caves in my country, I am sure that doesnt happen in USA.

Lists like that without historical background can be deceiving.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #111
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors
 
NightL's Avatar
 
NightL is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
Heck, kids are still finding weapons and bombs from WWII in secluded caves in my country, I am sure that doesnt happen in USA.
so where does that really place USA?

This is not "my" list, but purely an attempt to highlight gun ownership per capita, which could be correlated to the number of deaths from firearms within a so-called peaceful country.

My country is ranked 42 - I am glad of that.

Here is another Wiki list (again, not mine)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

Click on the column headings to order the lists.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #112
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
A "tool" for what?
Maybe it should be for teaching me to keep my mouth shut!
(Kidding! before anyone has a fit and starts posting domestic violence numbers.)

A gun is wood and metal and plastic put together in a certain way so that it will do a certain thing. It is a tool. The uses that tool gets put to depend entirely on the hands that pick it up.
It can be used to commit crime, certainly, or to threaten and hurt others.
That is not it's only use.
It can be used to feed your family when they're hungry.
It can be used to protect them when they're in danger (not always from other people.)
It can be (as it is for me) used in a sort of recreation.
It can be part of a form of sport that is even included in the Olympics.
It can be a valuable collectors item.


Once before (somewhere else) I made the mistake of saying what I think on this topic and someone asked me what good my gun would do me when I was starving to death. That was years ago and it still rings in my head.
There is a sort of fear around guns that I do understand. I believe that it comes in part from a simple lack of exposure to anything but the news items of people who have picked up that tool and done terrible things with it. As a person who was raised in a different mindset I see things differently. I see that it is possible for a powerful tool to be used to do dreadful things and it gives me a great deal of respect for that weapon when I hold it in my hands. It is no toy, nothing to be treated lightly. It is not, however a thing to be feared.

I fear the person who would pick up a gun and do violence with it. I fear that person whether he is holding a gun or not.
I fear the ignorant person who would treat any powerful thing as a toy because they are reckless and dangerous no matter what he is in control of because he does not control himself.
I fear people full of hate or righteous zeal because they will use any tool to accomplish ends that I find questionable.

I don't fear an object. I don't fear a compound bow or a rifle or a sword or that chainsaw that I threw out as a comparison to a movie title (although I once watched someone get hurt in ways that still make me sick to think of who had experience and skill using one.)
An object can't do evil. It has no will or volition, it can't choose to act. Only a person can do that.
I don't fear an object. I fear the person who would pick up an object and do harm and I know in my heart that the person who wants to do harm will do it whatever tool they have even if they have no tool at all.
__________________


Last edited by NotHisLady : 06-25-2014 at 10:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #113
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
A "tool" for what?
Killing shit. What else?

I own several guns and I'm absolutely in favour of gun ownership. However, I am not opposed to stricter regulations on who gets guns. I can literally walk into a gun store today and buy an AR-15 (assault rifle) with no wait. For you non-Americans, that's this:



Now, I've heard the argument, "Well, it just shoots 22s." That's true. But to can shoot like a million of those fuckers a minute. They are semi autos, but with add ons, you can make them fire 600-700 rounds per minute. Even without them, you can shoot a LOT of them. On top of that, they travel at about 1000 meters per second.

And as I said, I can walk into a gun store and walk right out with one of those. That's pretty crazy.

Again, I'm all for gun rights. I've shot ARs numerous times. They are fun to shoot. I'd own one myself if they didn't cost like a dollar a round or whatever they cost. I blew threw $20 in about a second. I just think we should use a little more common sense regarding them.
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #114
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmann View Post
Killing shit. What else?

I own several guns and I'm absolutely in favour of gun ownership. However, I am not opposed to stricter regulations on who gets guns. I can literally walk into a gun store today and buy an AR-15 (assault rifle) with no wait. For you non-Americans, that's this:



Now, I've heard the argument, "Well, it just shoots 22s." That's true. But to can shoot like a million of those fuckers a minute. They are semi autos, but with add ons, you can make them fire 600-700 rounds per minute. Even without them, you can shoot a LOT of them. On top of that, they travel at about 1000 meters per second.

And as I said, I can walk into a gun store and walk right out with one of those. That's pretty crazy.

Again, I'm all for gun rights. I've shot ARs numerous times. They are fun to shoot. I'd own one myself if they didn't cost like a dollar a round or whatever they cost. I blew threw $20 in about a second. I just think we should use a little more common sense regarding them.
If you owned that gun, would you kill someone with it?
(that is meant as a sincere question, not sarcasm)
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #115
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
If you owned that gun, would you kill someone with it?
(that is meant as a sincere question, not sarcasm)
I would not kill anyone. I'm proud to say that the number of people I've killed remains well under 10 and I intend to keep it that way. Unless you consider my stunning good looks and jokes, then I'm killing on the daily. But I'm proud of such a small number of killings, considering how fucking ridiculous people are. Have you read some of these threads here?!?

But just because I would not kill anyone with it does not mean I am free from worry concerning lunatics out there doing the same thing. Just as I would trust myself to walk about in the unattended home of someone rich without stealing their stuff. That doesn't seem to be a complete sentence, but I don't care. Just because I trust myself in that sense doesn't mean I trust others to offer that same courtesy. It's the same reason you (probably) lock your house when you leave, have your money in a safe place and have passwords to your accounts that aren't "12345". What I would do with the gun is of no consequence.

That gun is for one of two things. Fun or assaulting people. It's not for home protection. Unless you are concerned with protecting your home from The Sudan or something like that.

I am not even saying that a gun like that should be illegal. But no background check or waiting period? I could be pissed off and go into a store and purchase something that could kill hundreds of people in minutes?
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #116
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
A gun is wood and metal and plastic put together in a certain way so that it will do a certain thing. It is a tool. The uses that tool gets put to depend entirely on the hands that pick it up.
It can be used to commit crime, certainly, or to threaten and hurt others.
That is not it's only use.
It can be used to feed your family when they're hungry.
It can be used to protect them when they're in danger (not always from other people.)
It can be (as it is for me) used in a sort of recreation.
It can be part of a form of sport that is even included in the Olympics.
It can be a valuable collectors item.
You can, I suppose, hammer the nail with it too, but it doesnt mean the gun is a hammer. You can kill people with a screwdriver but screwdriver is not a tool made and perfected for killing. A gun is. A gun is a tool for killing. All other tools are made to make human life easier, this one was made to destroy it. So saying that a gun is just a tool like any other makes me sick. It is not.

Quote:
There is a sort of fear around guns that I do understand. I believe that it comes in part from a simple lack of exposure to anything but the news items of people who have picked up that tool and done terrible things with it.
Or maybe your lack of fear comes from never being exposed to reality in which the guns are used as tools to bring death, to your neighbors, to you relatives, for no reason but because they are different nationality or race or religion.

If you cant understand a fear from guns, then you live a sheltered life in which guns are "tools" and toys. Dont assume everyone is so lucky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #117
Dogma52
Hopeless flirt!
 
Dogma52's Avatar
 
Dogma52 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
and some countries have more tools
Number of guns per capita by country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...ita_by_country
The United States of America is probably the only country in the world that gives you a constitutional right to bear arms. That is not a right to kill but a right to protect and defend you and your loved ones. If a person is in fear for their life or the lives of others, then the use of deadly force can be justified.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #118
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma52 View Post
The United States of America is probably the only country in the world that gives you a constitutional right to bear arms. That is not a right to kill but a right to protect and defend you and your loved ones. If a person is in fear for their life or the lives of others, then the use of deadly force can be justified.
It is a right to kill. Why you kill is another matter. It may be justified by law, it may be justified *for you*, it may be completely unjustified.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #119
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
It is a right to kill. Why you kill is another matter. It may be justified by law, it may be justified *for you*, it may be completely unjustified.
This is sort of a separate argument.

I mean, is there anyone who thinks that you shouldn't be able to use deadly force (by gun, knife or stick with a nail at the end) in order to protect their family, friends or property?

But the right to bear arms is completely separate from the right to kill someone.
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #120
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmann View Post
But the right to bear arms is completely separate from the right to kill someone.
Is it? It gives you right to carry and use something that is made with only one intention - to kill. So why would you use it?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #121
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
Is it? It gives you right to carry and use something that is made with only one intention - to kill. So why would you use it?
Yes, it is.

Gun ownership doesn't mean murder. The fact is, most people DO own guns without murdering anyone. And the right to bear arms doesn't give you the right to murder. It gives you the right to own guns. There are further laws that allow you to protect yourself.

But even if your argument wasn't under the wrong premise, I don't understand how anyone could be against someone using deadly force to protect themselves, family or property- with a gun or anything else.

Again, I am pro gun ownership. But I am for REASONABLE gun ownership. I think many of the laws are laughable.
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #122
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,801
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #123
Weird Harold
Opinionated Old Fart
 
Weird Harold's Avatar
 
Weird Harold is offline
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: "Lost Wages", NV USA
Posts: 22,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
...something that is made with only one intention - to kill. ...
Just what is this gun designed to kill?

__________________
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #124
Aphroditiac
Punny girl
 
Aphroditiac's Avatar
 
Aphroditiac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
Just what is this gun designed to kill?

Smurfs.
__________________
bis vivit qui bene vivit
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #125
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。
 
Primalex's Avatar
 
Primalex is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma52 View Post
The United States of America is probably the only country in the world that gives you a constitutional right to bear arms.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"


The intention was never to use guns as toy, sports or tool, but to protect the state. The constitution was never about shooting trespassers.
__________________
There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.