Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 06-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #76
Aphroditiac
Punny girl
 
Aphroditiac's Avatar
 
Aphroditiac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post
Here, guns require no permit including for concealed carry, but you need a very pricey federal permit per silencer.

Wouldn't want a n'er do-well chucking one and hitting someone. Hammers, ball-bats and archery equipment are also unregulated.
Guns require no permit? At all? Seriously?
__________________
bis vivit qui bene vivit
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #77
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
Guns require no permit? At all? Seriously?
I don't need a permit to own mine. If I want to carry it means going to the courthouse and giving them $20 and a reason but the background check is pretty much the same one they do for purchase. If I'm not mistaken we can carry open here now too.

If you don't need a permit to buy a chain saw why in God's name do you need one for my little .22? Trust me I know which one can do more damage.
The number of things that can be deadly weapons is astounding and yet it's guns that people are constantly carrying on about permits for. I don't quite understand that really.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #78
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。
 
Primalex's Avatar
 
Primalex is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
The number of things that can be deadly weapons is astounding and yet it's guns that people are constantly carrying on about permits for. I don't quite understand that really.
I have yet to see that someone manages to kill 69 people within 75 minutes with a chainsaw.
__________________
There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #79
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
I have yet to see that someone manages to kill 69 people within 75 minutes with a chainsaw.
automobile wrecks can be that deadly, so can boating accidents to nearly that degree
besides, are we only concerned about a LOT of people? that makes it ok if I go out and kill just one?
In any case, I don't recall the Texas Shotgun Massacre being a hit in the theaters.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #80
littlecordelera
Really Really Experienced
 
littlecordelera's Avatar
 
littlecordelera is offline
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson40 View Post
REⱭЯUM





This made me LOL!
__________________
Our Cuckold Lifestyle
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #81
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
automobile wrecks can be that deadly, so can boating accidents to nearly that degree
besides, are we only concerned about a LOT of people? that makes it ok if I go out and kill just one?
In any case, I don't recall the Texas Shotgun Massacre being a hit in the theaters.
Only cars and boats are not made and perfected to be murderous weapons. And do you really ask is there a difference if you destroy one life or 20?

I am happy to live in a country where I can be relatively sure my neighbor will not have a psychotic attack and shoot me in the process. Yes, he can stab me, he can ran me over with his car, but that would take much more effort than pulling out the gun. And without the guns he at least has a few less available tools to take me down.
I am amazed you dont understand that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #82
Aphroditiac
Punny girl
 
Aphroditiac's Avatar
 
Aphroditiac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
automobile wrecks can be that deadly, so can boating accidents to nearly that degree
besides, are we only concerned about a LOT of people? that makes it ok if I go out and kill just one?
In any case, I don't recall the Texas Shotgun Massacre being a hit in the theaters.
But the main purpose of cars and boats is transportation. Sometimes, yes, there are accidents and people are injured or killed inadvertently by reckless use or carelessness. However, the reason we have these things is to get from point A to B, or to enjoy recreation time in the case of pleasure boating.

But the main purpose of guns, is well, killing things. I have to LOL when people try to compare guns to things like tools and vehicles.

It's okay that there is no movie about the Texas Shotgun Massacre...just watch the news, it's real life, they don't need to make the movie.
__________________
bis vivit qui bene vivit
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #83
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。
 
Primalex's Avatar
 
Primalex is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
automobile wrecks can be that deadly, so can boating accidents to nearly that degree

Your "argument" could be rewritten this way:

Driving licenses are stupid because you can kill people with a chainsaw, too.


I hope you handle chainsaws better than logic.
__________________
There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #84
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger
 
StrayKat's Avatar
 
StrayKat is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
It's okay that there is no movie about the Texas Shotgun Massacre...just watch the news, it's real life, they don't need to make the movie.
Indeed, this.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #85
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
But the main purpose of cars and boats is transportation. Sometimes, yes, there are accidents and people are injured or killed inadvertently by reckless use or carelessness. However, the reason we have these things is to get from point A to B, or to enjoy recreation time in the case of pleasure boating.

But the main purpose of guns, is well, killing things. I have to LOL when people try to compare guns to things like tools and vehicles.

It's okay that there is no movie about the Texas Shotgun Massacre...just watch the news, it's real life, they don't need to make the movie.
What started as a sort of throwaway remark is turning into a debate and this isn't the place for it so I apologize for starting it.
I only want to say 2 things then I'm going to let it go because honestly what anyone else thinks has very little impact on me just like what I think has very little impact on what everyone else thinks. We all have our opinions and we are all entitled to them.

Firstly-- I'm not comparing a gun to a tool. A gun IS a tool. It is metal and plastic and utterly inert until someone picks it up. It has no will or volition of its own so vilifying an object is ridiculous. For myself it is a thing I use for recreation. Target shooting is something I enjoy doing. For other people hunting is a thing they actually do to fill their freezer (yes, I know people who do this.) Other people are collectors. If the fact that it can only do a thing that breaks the law makes it a thing that should not exist then no vehicle should be made that is capable of exceeding the speed limit since that capacity is only there to break the law.

Secondly-- I did not say or mean to suggest that licensing or background checks were a bad thing when a person purchases a gun. Just like when you get a license to drive a car those laws are there for a reason. My point was simply this, that when a human being is moved to commit violence against others it is not the IMPLEMENT he uses but the IMPULSE that drives him at fault. To put the blame on a single implement because it is the most often chosen or the most visibly effective one is to shift the blame onto the tool rather than the action.

I believe those two things fervently and wanted to state them. I am sorry for beginning a debate here though because this is not the place for this debate.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #86
Aphroditiac
Punny girl
 
Aphroditiac's Avatar
 
Aphroditiac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight
Posts: 2,907
You're right, it's not the thread to debate on, and I shall respectfully remove myself from the discussion so as not to hijack the conversation further.
__________________
bis vivit qui bene vivit
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #87
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
I can't say I've eaten armadillo, wasn't really aware that anyone did by choice (there are a lot of things I'd spit and roast out of necessity that aren't on my grocery list weekly.)
In all honesty I've about stopped saying "I'll never..." since about half of the stuff on my "I'll never" list are now some of my favorite things. None of that makes green beans any less vile.
If it potentially carries leprosy, I'm not eating it.
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #88
pmann
Little Lion
 
pmann's Avatar
 
pmann is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 5,780
But guys and girls, have you ever considered the destruction that would ensue if a rabid raccoon got a hold of an assault rifle!??
__________________
Pmann's Sex Tape Uploaded June 21, 2014:
Clickity Click Click- Warning: Have a spare set of knickers nearby


Stay up with me, don't fall asleep...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #89
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #90
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,789
.....

Last edited by Bramblethorn : 06-24-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: too cranky for a gun-control argument today
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #91
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
.....
I doubt it's even the best choice for most people most of the time.
I don't carry on a day to day basis--I have mace with my keys and I know the basics of how to use my body to escape and defend myself.
I have a gun in my home but that's my choice.
The point, I think, is that it should be a choice.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #92
Dogma52
Hopeless flirt!
 
Dogma52's Avatar
 
Dogma52 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
I doubt it's even the best choice for most people most of the time.
I don't carry on a day to day basis--I have mace with my keys and I know the basics of how to use my body to escape and defend myself.
I have a gun in my home but that's my choice.
The point, I think, is that it should be a choice.
I couldn't agree more with Lady!
When people asked about owning a gun for protection, my advice was always the same.

Are you prepared to kill someone who is threatening your life? If not, a gun is not a good tool for "scaring" criminals away.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #93
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian
 
query's Avatar
 
query is online now
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High Plains
Posts: 8,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
Guns require no permit? At all? Seriously?
Not here. You do have to pass a background check if you buy one from an licensed dealer. Which is silly because criminals don't buy them where someone writes down a serial number and who bought it.

Now, if I actually still lived beyond rifle range of my nearest neighbor as I have at times, this would be paradise.

I know guns can seem to be intimidating, but the "I wonder if I am going to get shot" feeling paradoxically goes down when there's a 1/2 a dozen guns in the cafe and an armory in the parking lot.

When you go to a gun show you have to demonstrate that the gun you are taking in with you is unloaded...but they will helpfully sell you ammunition and extra magazines inside.

Interestingly, no one has ever tried a take-down robbery in a gun show.

It DOES sound a bit insane on the surface doesn't it?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #94
JtohisPB
BAMF!
 
JtohisPB's Avatar
 
JtohisPB is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,378
It is still on my bucket list to learn to fire a gun. Maybe I'll get to it this summer.
__________________
Please don't PM me for anything other than friendship.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #95
imemkay
Impish Little Shit
 
imemkay's Avatar
 
imemkay is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by JtohisPB View Post
It is still on my bucket list to learn to fire a gun. Maybe I'll get to it this summer.
You should! I took a handgun safety course last summer. The classroom time was very informative and the time out at the range was a lot of fun!
__________________
I want to wake up where you are.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #96
Rainshine
Funny Face
 
Rainshine's Avatar
 
Rainshine is online now
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmnpa View Post
Been to Oz, could not walk outside barefoot due to the roo poo in the yard. they were everywhere at the one place we stayed.
Where did you stay to have 'Roo poo all over the yard?
__________________
In a sky full of stars, I think I saw you...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #97
NotHisLady
Lost in a Lost World
 
NotHisLady's Avatar
 
NotHisLady is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: way down south
Posts: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by JtohisPB View Post
It is still on my bucket list to learn to fire a gun. Maybe I'll get to it this summer.
Absolutely you should, I went mostly out of curiosity and because it was one of hubby's things he liked to do (I was trying to do the 'common ground' thing) turns out I love it.
Go to a well managed range and make sure you are familiar with the weapon first.
Word to the wise that the men won't think to tell you--high necked top, and wear a hat. The first thing I discovered is that I'm the shortest one in the room and with taller guys on either side the hat is a must have when spent casings are flying.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #98
Aphroditiac
Punny girl
 
Aphroditiac's Avatar
 
Aphroditiac is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post

I know guns can seem to be intimidating, but the "I wonder if I am going to get shot" feeling paradoxically goes down when there's a 1/2 a dozen guns in the cafe and an armory in the parking lot.
This is, quite simply, the single most bizarre thing I have ever read on LIT.

And that is saying something, believe me.

You feel "safe" with a half a dozen guns in the cafe and an armory in the parking lot?

Interestingly enough, I manage to go out and about my business every single day and never worry about getting shot precisely because I don't have to worry about how many guns are in the cafe.

This whole mentality of guns making you so much safer literally blows me away. I know I said I was going to stay off this thread, but God damn...just...no words.
__________________
bis vivit qui bene vivit
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #99
Rainshine
Funny Face
 
Rainshine's Avatar
 
Rainshine is online now
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: *points*
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphroditiac View Post
This is, quite simply, the single most bizarre thing I have ever read on LIT.

And that is saying something, believe me.

You feel "safe" with a half a dozen guns in the cafe and an armory in the parking lot?

Interestingly enough, I manage to go out and about my business every single day and never worry about getting shot precisely because I don't have to worry about how many guns are in the cafe.

This whole mentality of guns making you so much safer literally blows me away. I know I said I was going to stay off this thread, but God damn...just...no words.
I'm with you. I cannot fathom this mentality. One of my best friends is a Texan and gun crazy, and I am always perplexed at his rationalising this issue. I've never seen another country so happy for its citizens to keep slaughtering each other in the name of "rights."
__________________
In a sky full of stars, I think I saw you...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #100
JtohisPB
BAMF!
 
JtohisPB's Avatar
 
JtohisPB is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHisLady View Post
Absolutely you should, I went mostly out of curiosity and because it was one of hubby's things he liked to do (I was trying to do the 'common ground' thing) turns out I love it.
Go to a well managed range and make sure you are familiar with the weapon first.
Word to the wise that the men won't think to tell you--high necked top, and wear a hat. The first thing I discovered is that I'm the shortest one in the room and with taller guys on either side the hat is a must have when spent casings are flying.
Thanks for the apparel tip! The hat is probably still a good idea, although I'll likely be as tall as the men or even taller than a few.
__________________
Please don't PM me for anything other than friendship.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.