Writing Challenge ~ May 2014 ~ Comments and Reviews

Britwitch

Classically curvy
WRITING CHALLENGE REVIEW THREAD ~ MAY 2014​

Just a few little rules for this thread:-

• This thread is for comments and reviews only. Submissions go here!

• Please keep your comments focused on the pieces posted for the challenge running from 2nd – 31st May 2014 only, this is not really intended to be a thread for conversation/flirting/mayhem and so on (Sorry to be a bore!). Writers should be able to find reviews/comments for their pieces without having to trawl through pages of banter (no matter how amusing/sexy it might be!) :)

Readers/Reviewers:- Please keep your comments and reviews polite and, wherever possible, positive. If you have constructive criticism or advice for writers please do give it but be polite about it! You don’t have to like everything you read but if you really don’t have anything nice to say about something then I would suggest you refrain from posting. And if all you want to say is you liked a piece and no more…that’s great too! We all know how writers like to be appreciated! ;)

Authors:- Please take constructive criticism as it is intended, as an attempt at improving possible flaws/problems/areas of confusion in your piece. They are not (hopefully!) personal attacks on you or your work.

• This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know new writers and potential partners, to exercise our writing brains, it’s not a competition, please keep that in mind!

• One more thing…suggestions for future prompts are very welcome and should be PM’d to me – Britwitch – as a link ideally. :)

Previous challenges and reviews can be found here.

Happy reading!

SB I felt as if you were writing from experience *glances around nervously*

I am not one who is qualified to critique but I thought your piece was brilliantly written.

Just read your post Scuttle, really well done. Scared the hell out of me, which I guess is proof that it was really really well executed. I also loved the fact that you chose to leave him faceless to the reader. A nameless fear and an unsuspected threat. Made it more terrifying somehow.

Oh Scuttle, I also had to ask ... is this story by chance connected to the short you wrote for the April Challenge? A prelude perhaps?

Oh PS... probably not a good idea for me to have read that at half two in the morning. That was emotional to read (can only imagine what it was like writing it). Made my heart clench. Beautiful. I want to hug you now.

I have to echo Starry's comments... PS, it was a very moving piece, and I'm glad you found the right person to help make it better.

ps, I don't know if your May submission was just the work of someone with a remarkable sense of imagination, someone who can pull pathos and ethos out of the air, weaving their words together like a fine seamstress OR... if it is based on reality and something that one gets through, but never truly over :(

Either way, brilliantly done... :rose:

Untitled ~ prettyserpentine

That was such a powerful piece of writing. Truly it was. :rose:
Whatever inspired it, whatever truth might have been woven through those words, you're an amazingly talented writer and thank you for sharing your gift with us!

Sorry it took me so long to get back in here, but thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's good to know it was enjoyed.

Oh Scuttle, I also had to ask ... is this story by chance connected to the short you wrote for the April Challenge? A prelude perhaps?

You know what's funny about this? I didn't, at least consciously, write it like that, but a couple hours after I'd finished it the realization that it really could go together with the other one hit me out of nowhere. Funny that you noticed that, too!

I think I'd have to honestly say, though, that it was mostly just a happy accident.

And also, apparently I like writing about certain... themes.

Brit, your story... wow.

I entertained the thought of entering a story, but it would at best have been an okay piece of erotica, nothing more. I'm not in your league, nor PS's or SB's league.

I blame english not being my native language. :D

I agree with Niceandbrutal!

Unfortunately, I don't have English as a second language as an excuse. :rolleyes:

Until I get up the nerve (and skill), I'll continue to watch and cheer from the sidelines.

Thank you to all three of you for such fine examples of what to aspire to be / do some day.

Brit, your story... wow.

I entertained the thought of entering a story, but it would at best have been an okay piece of erotica, nothing more. I'm not in your league, nor PS's or SB's league.

I blame english not being my native language. :D

Unfortunately, I don't have English as a second language as an excuse. :rolleyes:

Until I get up the nerve (and skill), I'll continue to watch and cheer from the sidelines.

Thank you to all three of you for such fine examples of what to aspire to be / do some day.

Thank you both very much :eek:

And that's the point of the challenges, they're not a competition, just a chance to write what the prompts inspire and see what our collectively creative minds come up with. No one ever sees things the same way and that's the beauty of it.

Write for you. That's the main thing.

Thank you, too, to Serpentine and Scuttle for taking part this month - your pieces were in a dimension all of their own! :rose:

June's challenge will, in all likelihood, start tomorrow, so there's plenty of time for people to read and comment on this month's submissions.

wink wink, nudge nudge

But you're a great writer, Angeleyez!

Tell you what, I challenge you to submit a story in the June challenge. To soften the blow, I will submit a story if you do. ;)

Tell you what, I challenge you to submit a story in the June challenge. To soften the blow, I will submit a story if you do. ;)

:eek:

Ummmmm, let's see the June parameters first, shall we? :)

whispers

You should submit one anyway. You're a great writer too!

:eek:

Ummmmm, let's see the June parameters first, shall we? :)

I'll do my best to get the prompts up when I get home from work later today :D

whispers

You should submit one anyway. You're a great writer too!

*agrees* He is!

I'll do my best to get the prompts up when I get home from work later today :D

No need to rush on my part... I was kinda hoping he'd forget the dare... ;)

Back