Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 01-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
Finality
Virgin

Well, never mind.......

Quote:
Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site. However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

Were there URL links, site addresses, or other advertisements within the story?
We do not allow promotion of any kind inside of stories (including "see my profile for my other work/blog link/etc"), but you are more than welcome to promote your offsite work on your Author Profile page.

Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.

Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines:

If you have any questions on these, please let us know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!

Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com
Dear Laurel & Manu,

A long wait (~a month) culminates in rejection for "promotion." Are you serious? It's hard enough to get credit for adult material released freely to the public, with all the unauthorized reposting and such. If I'm not even allowed to put a blog URL in my standard story disclaimer, then forget it. This seems to be a popular place with a dedicated core of editors, but why would I post somewhere when I can't even take credit for my own work with a fucking URL? This is the Internet, right?

Your site, your rules.

My work, my rules. And I don't post stories to sites that disallow my disclaimer. It's the only "promotion" I get.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finality View Post
Dear Laurel & Manu,

A long wait (~a month) culminates in rejection for "promotion." Are you serious? It's hard enough to get credit for adult material released freely to the public, with all the unauthorized reposting and such. If I'm not even allowed to put a blog URL in my standard story disclaimer, then forget it. This seems to be a popular place with a dedicated core of editors, but why would I post somewhere when I can't even take credit for my own work with a fucking URL? This is the Internet, right?

Your site, your rules.

My work, my rules. And I don't post stories to sites that disallow my disclaimer. It's the only "promotion" I get.
That's your choice. Good luck on your journey.

Pay It Forward ~ by JaeLynn Topper (begins halfway down the page)

My Page
My Blog
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 01-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finality View Post
Dear Laurel & Manu,

Your site, your rules.

Not sure why you have or need a standard disclaimer, but okay. You can, however, put the link in your profile, and you could direct people to that in your disclaimer.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
Gunter99
Really Experienced

Smile

I have to agree with PennLady

Detailed author info at end of a story would be a distraction

Get over yourself!

on the plus side, I did wander over to your site, nice work!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
snoopercharmbrights
Was charmbrights, snooper

Talking

An interesting discussion which raises a more general question.

Undeniably an author has rights.
Undeniably a site owner has rights.

When two entities' rights clash, how do you decide which wins?

Obviously the site owner has more power and therefore wins in this case, but in a wider context it isn't so obvious.

Perhaps that's why every country in the world (except, perhaps, Italy) has a rule for which side of the road you can drive!

I am not a "qualified" editor, ex-pilot, ex-diplomat, or ex-CIA operative, or expert on literary derivations, nor do I post ten times a day on Lit; I am merely ?
As Asimov said, I am merely a merely.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
Luvtowriteerotica
Experienced

[quote=snoopercharmbrights;53495519]An interesting discussion which raises a more general question.

When two entities' rights clash, how do you decide which wins?

/QUOTE]

That's easy. All of the writer stories are deleted, like mine.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Ah, but you got a fun thread out of it on the General Board.

(and your stories weren't deleted until the umpteenth time that you asked that they be deleted.)

Last edited by sr71plt : 02-15-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #8
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

This was the OP's first LIT forum post. Who besides me thinks it may also be their last?

A Fall of Stardust (Nude Day) - "Hagh. cha' qab entries vaj contest. 'ej batlh cha' tlhIH suck, ghewmey, jaj Qu'lIj'e' bup chaH." -Anon
Jenny Be Fair 02 (incest-humor) - "Total shit - smug, shit-eating, stupid and up-your-own ass... No stars." -Anon
What Is Cheating? (essay) - "Rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' BARF! I don't think an editor would help this mess. Was there a point? There certainly didn't seem to be a storyline." -Anon
Under His Eyes (satire) - "YOU ARE A SICK FUCK. WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THIS HORRIBLY VILE STORY. THIS IS HUMANITY AT ITS WORST. I ONLY SKIMMED TO SEE WHAT CRAP IT WAS. YOU NEED TO BE LOCKED AWAY FROM ANYONE YOU COULD HURT FOR REAL. MINUS 1 BILLION ISN'T ENOUGH. DON'T WRITE ANYMORE." -Anon

Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Might be. If the OP poster sticks to having to have controls over a Web site, guess he/she should stick to posting to her/his own Web site.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
robertreams
Literotica Guru

I know, poor you. Why do they have all these damn rules and Why do we have to read them first, before I submit a story? Why can't this free site give me everything I want! I am mad! Now give me back my pacifier! Now!

Get a clue buddy, it is their site, they can do what they like. You should be saying: "Thank you very much for the opportunity."

personally, this site, Literotica, has been a great help to me. like you, I fucked up a few times before i got it right (I hope), but unlike you, I knew who to blame.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #11
tangentjoker
Virgin

I'm guessing the OP won't be back and that's a shame. If you're having enough issues to put this out into the universe, maybe you should look at and respond to the replies. There were some interesting viewpoints here and PennLady had a viable solution. Rather than leaving in a huff, the OP should have tried to have a little more patience. Just a thought.