Team of Misfits

AnyOtherName

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Posts
742

]| Team of Misfits |[
----------------------------------------

[| Join Us! |]



The Organization is a collection of elite heroes and heroines who protect the world from the evil of man and his inventions.

The science and technology of their world has focused heavily on improving the human form, all manners of experiments being carried out by countless could-be mad scientists and government financed programs. Genetically modified humans, mutants, cyborgs... If great minds weren't tinkering with making man their own weapon, they were building external ones for him to wield. With such power in the reach of so many it was no surprise that villainy was ever on the rise.

Among the Organization are the most well-known superhero teams that combat this evil...and the least.

----------

Sparks stared ahead in disbelief.

"Your own team house!" proclaimed her companion happily. He over-sold it just a tad.

"...You're joking, right?"

Mr. Andres gave a wounded frown as the dusky blonde slowly shifted her gaze to look at him. For a moment neither of them spoke.

"Come, look inside. It's nice."

She had her doubts but she followed as he led her towards the entrance. It wasn't a dump, exactly...but the exterior design suggested that the house was at least eighty years old, likely it wouldn't even be installed with aethitron or denriley ports.

They approached and stepped over the threshold unceremoniously.

It wasn't horrible inside - it clean and in good repair. But...the place was small. And old. "...You said up to eight people could be assigned to the team?" she asked in a doubtful tone.

"Well, there are seven offers out excluding yourself, yes. We haven't received confirmation from everyone, however." He gave a short pause before continuing. "There are three bedrooms. The master is probably large enough to fit four beds, if you really needed to." He smiled. It wasn't his problem if all of the offers were accepted, after all.

Sparks' brows drew together. She wasn't sure why she had expected the team house to be...well, not even more grand...just...well. She hadn't pictured this.

"If your team performs well enough we can look into moving you into something a little bigger down the road."

"...Great."

----------

Several Hours Later...

Sparks had desired to look at the files of her potential team members (mostly she was excited just to have access to the Organization Leaders' System and wanted to try it out...much more than she cared to get to know her soon to be roommates, truth be told) but the lack of aethitron meant that she couldn't simply will a display from nothing to begin making the proper connections. Nor, as she had expected, was there a denriley port (exclusively used by cyborgs).

It wouldn't do at all.

In the time that passed between Mr. Andres' departure and the arrival of the first team member, Sparks had taken it upon herself to start fucking with the electrical circuits of the house. She needn't break into the wall, rather tracing her hand over the wiring by feel rather than sight (accomplished by light pulses of her own electric energy). Sadly, it seemed the materials were too old and brittle to be compatible with a aeth-surge...

"These conditions are unlivable," she muttered to herself.

She stood staring at the back wall of the living room, considering her options. Rewiring an entire house, even a small one, by conventional means...wasn't appealing, to say the least. It wasn't as if the Organization would pay her for the upgrade to their property...

Her attention was suddenly drawn away from her project by the sound of the front door - it was opening. Sapphire eyes settled on the expanding crack of the entrance, curious to see who it was that would walk through.
 
Last edited:
Ron opened the door and walked into the old building. He really wasn't sure if this was the right place or not but it did match the address he had been given. Looking around he was surprised at the state of the place. It was old, really old but neat and tidy. He had walked straight into what he guessed was a little entrance hall that led into a large living room. As he walked forward he saw another doorway that led into what looked like a dining room. He continued into the living room and saw a young looking woman standing there. She had blonde hair and amazing sapphire colored eyes. She stood about a head shorter than him but like most in the business had a toned athletic body. If he was right this was the person he had been told to report to.
"I guess you must be Celeste then, or do I call you Sparks? The name is Ron, Ron Porter but I have been stuck with the moniker 'Urban Warrior'. Pleased to meet you."
 
Kayne

Gravel crunched underneath heavy booted soles as Kayne strode through the alleyway. The shade here was cool and welcoming, though all too quickly she knew she would be bathed in the horrendous searing light of the sun. To most others it was just another beautiful day, the sun was out but not blindingly so. There were still the occasional clouds to conceal it now and then, with a gentle breeze that made the day altogether tolerable.

Not for Kayne. Even behind the darkened lenses of her sunglasses she felt a little nauseous. The warmth of the rays were repulsive, like the sickly touch of someone with the bubonic plague. It was all in her head though, still, best not to ask point that out. She trekked on into the blinding glare with a sneer on her sharp, angular features. The light caught her shades and piercings, which gleamed with their own silvery radiance. A turn to the right and she found herself outside what looked like little more than a crack den with a good paint job. She'd lived in a few condemned building, so considering her past experiences this was actually a step up. Still, it was a dump compared to a few places she had seen other groups live in. Kayne couldn't help but feel slighted by all of it, what better way to tell you they thought of you as gutter filth than stick you in a place like this?

She scanned the front entrance of the house as she strode closer, the beaten dufflebag swinging from her right hand. Kayne had a lean figure to her, though it was hard to get specifics with the baggy jeans and leather biker jacket she wore. What could be seen of her was deathly white, a stark contrast to the raven mane, kept long on the top of her head and shaved to a bur on the sides and back. It was held back in a high ponytail, the ends flicking against the collar of her jacket. Over that pale flesh was a lattice work of scars, some fine and straight while others were jagged and uneven. One crossed over her lips in a lazy swipe from right to left and a particularly nasty one ran the length of her throat, though it was partially hidden underneath a leather choker.

Kayne lingered at the front of the building for a few moments, taking in the sights and listening. She heard noise, movement or voices from within. Great, already time for some bright, cheerful new faces to meet. With a sigh she trudged up the front steps and with little tact flung the door opened and stepped inside. The dimness within was a welcome respite, something Kayne relished for a moment before hastily slamming the door closed with a kick of her heel. She let her footsteps echo loudly as she followed the natural pathway of the building and emerged with the rest of the tiny group. Already she had drawn back her shades, letting them rest against her hair as those vividly colored eyes scanned the room. They were the color of a bruise, a disturbing shade of purple, brown, and green that would change the longer one would look at them.

“Sup, chumps?” Kayne said briskly, her voice low and smooth. She deposited the dufflebag without a second thought and sauntered closer, her hands sliding into her back pockets as she let her gaze wander about curiously. “I'm not sure what you guys did to get the short end of the stick. Sucks for you.”
 
Leftenant Lawrence Jenkins

The Leftenant was the last of the group to arrive. It had been determined that it would be better for the others to bond first before letting him. He would be the one who could shoot his teammate because the mission demanded it. His job was not to be liked, but rather be the one who got the job done.

It was understandable why he would be a part of the team. There were a million unknown variables being thrown together into one melting pot. Continuing on the same chemistry metaphor, he was a well known stabilizer. He could stabilize some of the most volatile behaviors presented by normal human beings. And in those last three words lay the catch. These were not normal human beings. These were people who were misfits from society, which was why they were given the name ‘Project Misfits’. Was it a nice assessment? No, but it was the truth. And he was being thrown into the melting pot in order to provide stability. In all honesty he thought the idea was crazy. But he wasn't paid to provide assessment of the success of a team, he was paid to stabilize them (not lead them, never lead them).

The house itself was a practical mess. Small, cramped, and quite distasteful to live in, and those were the nicest things to say about it. That had been an intentional decision. Allowing the team to bond, be in close contact with each other. Forced interaction could breed friendships in the group. Or they could breed resentment amongst the group members. Which was why, once again, he was being thrown into the fray.

Holding four files in his right hand (dossiers for each team member), a lighter in his pocket, and a cup of coffee in his left hand, he prepared to meet his new team. Opening the door, he instantly noticed the team members. Celeste Sorenson nicknamed ‘Sparks’. Kayne, pronounced Kane, the vampire mutant. Ron Porter not much is known about his past, codenamed the ‘Urban Warrior’. These were the people he was supposed to mentor into a fighting force for good (or was it evil? He wasn't really sure). He did not say a single word, only moved to an open table, sliding himself into place. He wasn’t going to announce himself to the world; instead he would wait for them to notice him. Already he was using psychological warfare against his teammates. He was certainly going to be well loved, he could just feel it.

Still, he could observe. Psychological exams and dossiers could only go so far in terms of revealing his allies thought processes. This was, in some sense, a war. War was won by knowing oneself and the enemy. He knew himself, now could he know the enemy? That was, after all, his mission.
 
Kit was invisible, silent as always. He walked up on the hideously small house. He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath, for some reason his hand shook nervously. He could feel the mixed emotions flow into him, like oxygen through his lungs. He would walk in amongst them and more then likely they would never notice him. He had activated his "Steal Fox" But as always the change had a mind of it's own. It covered him in a pure black free flowing machine. He made no mechanical sounds, but looked as odd as usual. The Organization had picked him for reasons unknown. He was quiet, disobeydient, terrible with his powers, and inexperienced. They were idiots, but they were desperate idiots if they went to all the trouble of find a way to talk to him.

Kit took a deep breath, tasting the emotions until he found a stable one, he focused on it like a dog with a scent and began to follow it inside. Silently he entered the building. He sat on the floor and looked right at a quiet man sitting at the table. He was stable. He was military. He was going to hate Kit....probably. Kit ignored him and refocused on the most unstable one. An apparent vampire who had a few mental issues. Best not make an emotional snack out of this one. He looked at the others and sighed. He sat on the floor and did his best to look approachable as he watched everyone. Hopefully they wouldn't think he was their new pet.
 
Last edited:
Sparks turned to face the first of the team members to arrive. "The pleasure's mine, Ron." She gave a slight bow of her head. "And call me Sparks, please."

There was a stab within her chest, a brief pain that truly only existed in her mind.

She hadn't been called by her birth name since...well, since she joined the Organization. Her family had been so proud of her acceptance - and relieved that she'd get the support she needed for her mutantism. Her visits home were always celebrated with a neighborhood party, in which banners read: "Welcome home, Sparks!" and the children of the area followed her around as if she were an actual heroine. No one called her Celeste. The last person to do so was the nurse in the trauma ward, where Sparks had been taken after her recovery from the professor, and that had only been to confirm her identity. As a result, hearing her birth name brought her right back to that point in time.

She pushed it back. Forced her attention on to Ron and what he had said.

"Stuck with the moniker, eh? I take it you prefer to be called Ron, then?"

She listened to his response even as she heard someone else entering.

Sapphire eyes cast in the direction of the entrance, just in time to witness the newest arrival deliver a heel kick to close the door behind her. The force of the slam shook the walls of the old house.

“Sup, chumps?” She unceremoniously dropped her dufflebag before approaching, tucking her hands into her pockets. “I'm not sure what you guys did to get the short end of the stick. Sucks for you.”

"And for you," Sparks countered. "This place doesn't even have aethitron." The blonde forced a smile, offered a hand. "I'm Sparks." She nearly introduced Ron but figured she'd give him the honor of doing so himself.

She probably should've known the woman's name ahead of time - a good leader would have. But it wasn't Sparks' fault that this house was a fucking island. It's not as if she was going to run to HQ to collect paper files, the damned things were archaic...

"God damn it," she nearly muttered out loud, her thoughts echoed and proven stupid by the the appearance of a man with short, fiery red hair. He had paper files - was more prepared than she was, the supposed leader. He didn't say a word, rather settling himself at a table with his dossiers and coffee.

Sparks didn't abandon her present conversation to rush to meet him. Her eyes returned to the pale woman with raven hair, on whatever it was she say and whether or not she'd take the offered handshake.

The next time Sparks glanced in the man's direction, he had gained a companion. A mechanical fox sat next to him, coolly surveying the scene. The woman was only slightly annoyed that she hadn't heard or noticed the newest addition upon arrival.

She waited for a natural wane in her current interaction. "I look forward to working with you both," she offered. "As you can tell, this place is pathetically small. I think first come first serve works best for the three bedrooms, though we're obviously going to have to share..." She paused thoughtfully. "In any case, nothing is claimed yet. So certainly feel free."

"Now, if you'll excuse me..." With that her sapphire eyes returned to the unknown man and what she had wrongly assumed to be his fox.

She approached and place a hands on her hip. "Well, hello there," she said in a tone far more friendly than she felt. Her eyes glanced at the files, then the mechanical fox, and then the man. "Do you mind?" she asked, her free hand indicating the files. "I haven't had a chance to acquire my own yet. I made the mistake of assuming I'd have access to modern technology here."
 
Leftenant Lawrence Jenkins

The Leftenant observed what was going on around him. The conversations, the lack of presence in the chair next to him that bothered him, even though it shouldn’t, the behaviorism of everyone present in the room. He soaked it all in. That was until a woman approached him. His mind went into full gear as he remembered who this was. Sparks. Appointed team leader. His number four priority in his current mission, help Sparks develop into a matured leader.

Lawrence smiled softly at the woman next to him. “You must be Miss…” He hesitated a moment before continuing, “Sparks as you prefer to be called. I’m Leftenant Jenkins, formerly of the SAS.” He threw out a salute in greeting. “And you may certainly have the files, though I will require them back after you have read them. I assume you know what is inside the files. You’ll find mine a bit sparse I’m afraid. Apparently the SAS doesn’t want many of my missions becoming anything but classified, and the official secrets act requires me not to mention them. But I will happily answer any of your questions to the best of my ability.” He spoke quietly as he handed her the files.

He quickly glanced around the room to make sure no one could hear what he was about to say. “I wish to speak to everyone at the official meeting. By then I will require the files back. Also I have suggestions for training and team building exercise, if you will hear them ma’am.” He thought for another millisecond before adding in one last statement. “Also if you require ma’am, I’ll make sure we get some technology in here, aerithon was it? Currently the houses wiring is not compatible with your technology levels, however I can, by tomorrow, have a single room properly outfitted to meet your standards. By your command I can pick the room with the best set up and start repairing it after introductions.” He threw up another quick salute before sitting down.

While he was talking he made sure to get a good view of Spark. She didn’t seem like leadership material. Being prepared for any situation was a must. He would have to work with her on that. Relying too much on technology could be dangerous. God knows who or what they would have to face. He thought more of a diplomat than a real leader when he saw her. Still first appearances were often deceiving. As such there was no need to judge her just yet.

He continued to drink his coffee; observing once more.
 
Last edited:
Kit smiled as a bundle of nerves approached them. His Leader "Sparks" As she liked to be called was religiously anger, frustrated, and annoyed, but hid it very well. Without a word he walked up to he, pushing up against her leg and immediately eating her many emotion to help her gain a sense of control. As she asked for the files Kit's body acted without Kit wanting it to.

A holographic computerscreen appeared in front of Spark. A request for your access codes. Kit had absorbed multiple different technologies before coming here and upon an unspoken request one of those advanced systems became active. Kit barely noticed the projector appear from his back as he continued to eat away at her emotions.
 
Ron was having fun already. If this was the band he was supposed to fight with he could see he was going to have to use his healing powers a lot. So far the leader was someone who was not prepared to lead the team, His team mate was a woman with a chip on her shoulder and a lot to prove and they had a minder who, if he was not mistaken, was an ex SAS solider he had tangled with on a few occasions and was only alive because he was not the target. Plus he was pretty sure he was the only one that had actually noticed the robot walk in. He was going to keep well away from it until he knew the story with it.

Well he had signed himself up for this, but if these were the sort of people he was going to meet, maybe he had made a mistake. Still it might get better once they started helping people.

Turning to the biker chick from hell Ron gave her the once over. "So if we're the chumps what the hell does that make you," he asked calmly. "I mean I know why I'm here but if you have some place better to be then by all means don't let me stop you," he smiles looking around "Still any place might be better than here. Know any good bars around here?"
 
Ryan Cox

The door of the transport opened and black combat boots stepped out, tucked into them dark combat trousers. The door closes and the transport pulls away, revealing a dark long-sleeved shirt, over one shoulder a canvas bag, from the barrel tip protruding from the top it is clear what is in the bag. Bleak eyes scan the surroundings, the face hid behind a featureless mask. With an unhurried pace he sets into motion, what can only be described as a gliding walk, he noiselessly walk up to the door. He used his left hand, which was holding a dossier, to open the door and entered, he paused, or even better, he froze. Eyes scanning, registering, analyzing, giving weak-points and target reference areas. After a few moments he moved over to the table where the Leftenant sat. With a casual flick the dossier slides to a perfect position in front of the Leftenant, heels click together, body stiffens just to the right degree and the left arm goes to his side as his right hand slips from the bands of the bag, leaving it dangling on his shoulder as the arm whip into a crisp salute.

"Bow reporting sir."

The voice is strange, almost like talking through a megaphone, all distorted,

"Your orders?"

The hand lowered and the former military posture faded away, his eyes fixed on what was supposedly their leader behind the scenes, not that he was oblivious to the rest, but it did seem to him like he would not be sleeping in this place. It wasn't big enough to provide the solace he craved.
 
Those bruise hued eyes moved about the room with mild interest, Kayne turned in a slow circle as she took it all in. The tip of her ponytail tickled at the space between her shoulder blades, not that she could feel it through her jacket. It wasn’t that interesting, though for the moment it was more interesting than the current residents.

The voice of the one that called herself Sparks caught Kayne’s attention, almost catching her off guard. The skinny girl spun to face the other and there was an undeniable spark of envy in those disturbingly colored orbs. The two women couldn’t be more different, where Sparks had wide hips and an ample chest, Kayne was all but androgynous in her qualities. The mention of aethitron seemed all but lost on her as Kayne stood and took in the woman in before her. Kayne waited until the act of holding out her hand was a bit awkward before she reached out, though she didn’t shake it. Instead she merely batted it aside and snorted; a rather contemptuous flare of her nostrils.

“Keep yer smiles and handshakes for the rest of these morons, Barbie.” Kayne said dismissively and turned from the conversation, offering Sparks a great view of her back. But before she got too far another voice caught her. It belonged to one of the men; if he had a name Kayne didn’t know it. She cast a glance over her shoulder, a side long glance before she offered a shrug.

“Makes me pretty much fucked like Chuck,” She retorted matter-of-factly, her heavy boots thumped loudly as she started off towards one of the exits. “Yer right. I’d rather be getting a rectal exam by a Proctologist with big thumbs than be here lookin’ at your ugly mug.”

With that Kayne started off towards the hallway, though not before another stranger wandered in. She paused long enough to jerk a thumb in his direction. “Least he has the god damn common courtesy to cover up his pig face.”

Kayne disappeared down the hallway, her footsteps echoing loudly down it as she started a casual search of the premise. There had to be a kitchen somewhere and just maybe it had a fridge stocked with beer. A girl could dream.
 
Sparks

It wasn't until the man properly identified her that Sparks realized that she had failed to introduce herself to him. She had been off balance - annoyed, threatened, and called Barbie. It was getting to be a long day already...

She felt the fox press up against her leg. It was odd, that his presence comforted her so greatly. Sparks attributed it to a companion effect, like a girl finding solace in cuddling with her cat or dog.

A strange flicker of light emitted from the creature's back - and up popped a holographic screen. It was prepared to accept her access code, looking like any other standard aethitron log-in screen.

Lawrence was introducing himself, following it up with a salute. He agreed to let Sparks see the files and expressed a need to get them back - as he continued, Sparks devoted all of her efforts not to look at the screen in front of her. Aethitron displays were tricky - being completely intangible, they were only visible from the front. Lawrence could walk right through the image without even knowing it.

He handed her the files before glancing about and requesting to speak at the official meeting. Well, probably they should have one of those. Sparks surprisingly didn't feel irritated about the prospect, even as she reasoned that she should. He also offered to make suggestions for team building exercises, if she'd hear them - and then finished up by assuring that he had more sway than she did with the Organization.

"Currently the houses wiring is not compatible with your technology levels, however I can, by tomorrow, have a single room properly outfitted to meet your standards. By your command I can pick the room with the best set up and start repairing it after introductions.” He saluted again.

She looked confused. Opened her mouth to speak, stopped. Her mind was almost too exhausted to get upset. She shifted her weight, her leg moving just inches away from the fox.

"Excuse me, what?" she asked in an annoyed tone. The fox followed her movement, the press of him against her leg again helping to ease her inner turmoil. "Let me get this straight," she continued, more composed. "You can put an order in and have it done by tomorrow? Whereas I..." she trailed off.

It's okay. Who cares if the Organization would take a week to respond to your request - with the potential of them denying it.

She cleared her throat. "That sounds wonderful, Lawrence. Thank you. Please, whatever room you think would be most suitable."

Good recovery... You still look like an asshole.

Just as she thought everything would be alright, another member arrived. He approached a saluted Lawrence, asking for his orders.

For a moment, Sparks just stood there. Truth be told, she was on the cusp of a tantrum - or a meltdown, one of the two. But for reason unknown to her she managed to (mostly) keep her cool.

She looked straight at Lawrence. "We'll have the official meeting tomorrow morning, let everyone settle in first. We may even have a few more members arriving yet." It took a lot of effort, but she placed the folders neatly - and calmly - back in front of the former SAS member. "Seems an alternate method became available," she spoke evenly, motioning to the fox.

She looked down at the mechanical creature. "Let's get some air, huh buddy? It's kind of stuffy in here..."

She spun on her heel and walked for the door.
 
Leftenant Jenkins

Leftenant Jenkins was surprised when the newcomer saluted him. Taking everything in stride he returned the salute before taking the file. “Sorry mate, but I’m afraid that you obviously have the wrong person. Our commander is the woman who just left. And I need to have a quick word with our commander anyway.” He motioned to where she had just left. With a quick heel-turn, though not before he had grabbed the files on the table, he followed Sparks out the door. The room could wait; this behavior of hers could not possibly continue if she wanted to be an effective leader.

He made sure to be as loud as possible as he followed her. He needed her attention if he wanted to make his point, which was he would not take over her command. If it meant being the bad guy here he would be the bad guy. Once again his demeanor was calm; he didn’t exude any anger or frustration.

“I take it you don’t get why I am here do you ma’am.” He said as soon as he was close enough, not letting her get a word in, always making sure he was in front of her, not flinching not raising his voice, and always kept his eyes on her. He needed her angry, frustrated, and maybe even a little irritated. She needed to not be thinking straight if he wanted to get his point across. “Otherwise your reaction towards my news about getting the aerithon you need would almost certainly be a hell of a lot different to what it was. I have no powers, if you didn’t already know that. Nothing makes me special except the work I put in to make myself one of the best at what I do. Truth is the Organization is still wary of you to a point. I’ve read the dossiers, yours included. I’ve seen every god damn psychological evaluation you have taken with the Organization, every interview, every single word that your bosses wrote about your mental condition.” He walked up to her, thrusting his finger at her, punctuating each sentence with another thrust. “And it’s my job to make sure you don’t self-destruct in the job.” While that wasn’t one hundred percent accurate, it was part of his job-description.

“So I’m going to make damn well sure that you don’t. And I’m not saying you need to get rid of all your baggage, nor do you need to start shedding it now. But if you go into a fight with this mentality then you won’t only get yourself killed, but the rest of your teammates as well.” He almost snarled, for the first time almost losing his composure. However a mere second later he regained it, remembering what he had always been taught. “You are not cut out to be a leader. You are not prepared. You obviously lack the foresight to see what might happen. You give expectations to a situation, and I guarantee you will be disappointed. There will be times when you won’t have your magic aerithon to solve your problems.” He took in a deep breath. This was the tricky part; he’s told her the faults. Not all of them that would push most people over the edge, but enough to let her know what he thinks of her leadership skills. Now it was time to bring her back.

“However you have potential. This is why I’m here. The Organization trusted me to turn you into a leader of this rag-tag team of misfits. So yes I have more resources on my side than you right now. But if you prove yourself to be the leader that I can see you being, then you want something and you will get it.” He turned away, not bothering to listen to anything besides what he believed to be the right words forming in his mind. “But keep acting up and this team will get killed. Now you all are powerful, but from what I see none of you have any strength. Maybe physically, but what will happen the first time any of you lose your powers? There’s going to be blood on your hands. I was trained to have blood on my hands, to make the tough decision. But I don’t need any more. My question is do you want innocent blood on your hands? Because either something changes or you will have it.” He walked away, back towards the house that they would inhabit. He hoped she made the right choice.
 
Kit followed her, taking the patronizing in stride. He refused to talk to her until they were alone, then he felt it. A calm frustration, charging up behind them soon to be followed by obnoxiously loud footsteps. He felt her rage rising and some part of Kit got excited as he felt his ability to eat increasing. There was a problem though. Calm indifference would probably only be met by rage from the calm force behind him, but Kit couldn't stop eating and he most certainly couldn't move away from the woman so he stayed close, eating away at her emotions in the hopes that the soldier would remember his training.

It was working for a long time until a sudden explosion of rage shot from the man and literally blew Kit on his back. The force of rage that hit him, but was hidden by the man was enough to send Kit flying into a wall and onto his back. Fortunately the projector hadn't been broken or shut down, but Kit was dizzy and only made slow progress back to Sparks while he forced himself to "Reboot"

As soon as the man was gone Kit looked up at the woman and an electronic yip sounded through his snout.
 
Sparks weathered the storm, her eyes never leaving Lawrence's as he dumped all her faults at her feet. She wasn't surprised by what he had to say, perhaps moreso that she had driven him to say it so early on. They had been in the house together less than ten minutes.

...It had to be a record.

"I’ve seen every god damn psychological evaluation you have taken with the Organization, every interview, every single word that your bosses wrote about your mental condition.”

She didn't like that at all. In fact it made her feel a little sick. Thankfully, the man started jabbing her in the chest with his finger, an action that made her entirely forget about her knotted stomach.

It should have enraged her. Sparks was not okay with be touched - much less being poked - and she felt a tremendous disconnect at not being able to react. It wasn't that Lawrence was in her face, or that he was still talking, and she couldn't interrupt him. No, it was like... Her anger was being siphoned and her body was unwilling to follow through with punching Lawrence in the throat. The only aggressiveness that came through was in the form of her narrowing eyes.

The man nearly snarled as he spoke of Sparks getting herself and/or her teammates killed. Worse part was: he was right. She was careless. Unprepared. And for the sake of herself, she had never planned on improving. Even with others at risk, she didn't want to change.

...But Lawrence allowed her to see that she had to.

Sparks wasn't quite sure what had happened to the fox. She gave a concerned look as his back hit the exterior wall of the house, his form crumpling on the ground.

...Was that a trick?

There wasn't much time to consider as Lawrence spoke of the blood that would be on her hands. He had turned his back on her but continued to speak, seeing fit to walk away in the moment that he was finished.

She watched him leave. He'd given her a lot to consider, and consider it she would. In the meantime she only called back, "...Stop calling me ma'am!"

As his form disappeared through the doorway Sparks looked down at the fox. "You okay? What happened?" She sat on the edge of the porch steps, wrapping an arm around the cold metal shoulders of her companion. She rested her face against his. A tingling behind her eyes suggested that she might cry but it faded as quickly as it had come.

Should anyone try to leave the house, they'd have to pass her - assuming they weren't so desperate to leave this shit hole that they'd climb through a window. The woman had already resolved that she wouldn't let anyone disembark.

In fact...they now had an official meeting.

It took a minute for her to gather herself. But once she did, she stood and walked just inside of the front door. "Official meeting, thirty minutes, living room! If any of you are so much as one second late, consider yourself terminated from the team!"

She glanced at Lawrence. "You can speak after me."

With that she stepped back outside, to guard the porch from could-be abandoners.

...Sparks just needed a little time to prepare. She seated herself next to the fox, for the first time reaching for the ethereal screen that projected from its back.
 
Last edited:
As soon as she made contact with the screen and entered her information Kit sighed and opened his mouth. "I don't really know." He said softly. "Something hit me." A small part of the screen showed the time of the official meeting being logged on the Calender as his name lit up. "I am going to give you and only you access to my story, my powers, and my current mental evaluation. You won't like the results." He said glancing back at her "Don't speak to anyone about this." He said his mechanical eyes looking into hers. "Also. I refuse to follow any orders except those given by the stated leader. Ergo you." Everything was spoken in a robotic undertone and was said with complete seriousness

Kit then sat and waited for her to speak as the screen flashed lightly, allowing you to review everything about him. "I also have a download port if you need these files permanently saved to a more...accessible drive." He would have continued speaking but his equipment was finicky and suddenly took away his ability to speak, leaving him to bark as he was about to say something more.
 
Ron was surprised at the change in Sparks as she came in barking something about an 'Official Meeting'. Her whole body language had changed and she looked a lot calmer and in control. He wondered if it was because of something that SAS guy had said to her outside or something else. He had noticed that fox thing was following her rather closely. Was it another member of their team or just some sort of cybernetic backup for Sparks. She had mentioned she had wanted a Denriley port so he assumed she was a Cyborg as they were the only ones able to use them.

He slumped into a chair, throwing his duffel bag down beside him. Might as well wait here before exploring the house. If it was anything like most of the other places like this he had been in, there would only be a Master bedroom, two or three smaller bedrooms depending on size, A toilet and bathroom, a laundry and the kitchen he had already spotted. He had seen it all before. Closing his eyes he fell into a light combat doze. If nothing disturbed him he would wake up in 25 minutes.
 
Ryan looked after the Leftenant,

"I am not wrong."

The voice was soft, almost inaudible, he moved off, scanning the house as he went from room to room, he found a place to sleep, judging from the dimensions it was in the ceiling and schematics showed him the trapdoor to gain entrance to said sleeping place. The trap door was in the living room, that met with the standards placed by what they saw as the leader. He used the rifle to push open the trap door, with an agile leap he caught hold and pulled himself up into the ceiling, the crawlspace was sturdy and opened up next to an air hole. Ryan cracked his neck, then set about creating a space to sleep in. He had just about finished when he realized it was time for the meeting. He moved back towards the opening, sliding out, catching hold of the edge and doing a faultless half sumersault to land on his feet. He brushed himself clean and moved to what seemed a sturdy wall out of sight from any window. He wasn't mad or insane...well not really. Just trained
 
Kayne (Introducing Roni)

Kayne

Kayne burst from the literal woodwork with an unfathomable look gleam in her wide eyes. She held something in her hand, though she was a flurry of movement that didn’t stand still for a second. Her boots were heavy on the floor, the thuds echoing down the hallway before she burst forth back into the room.

“We got a serious fuckin’ problem!” She declared in a booming voice, the type one would use to indicate there was in fact a serious issue at hand. With a quick glance she saw no one of importance; after all it seemed that Barbie was the head here, even if she didn’t know her ass from a hole in the ground. It didn’t take long for Kayne to find her, though not before she bellowed “Barbie!” several times. By the time Kayne emerged out on the porch she was all in a huff, strands of black had fallen from her ponytail and framed her angular visage.

“Shit, Barbie. What the hell are you doin’ out here?” Kayne didn’t wait before she stomped up and stood before her. They were of similar height, so it wasn’t hard to thrust the object in her grasp right into Sparks’ face. She stopped an inch or two away, brandishing the can of cola as if it were a hand grenade.

“We got a serious fuckin’ problem. Who the hell buys store brand soda? This shit is disgusting!” Kayne snarled with true anger, perhaps the one real emotion she displayed. She didn’t let the can linger long before she turned and stormed off the front porch. Deftly she tossed the can a few feet into the air, her frame shifting and her arms rising to mimic the stance one would hold a club or bat. All too quickly a bat shaped form appeared in her grasp, black as night and all but featureless. As the can arched down Kayne took a swing, the bat connecting with the can and sending it flying back into the air. A spray of foam burst into the air behind it and the can landed with a crack on the concrete an impressive distance away.

Roni

Roni stood only a few feet away, all but hidden in the hood of her bulky hoodie. Her eyes were wide and her pretty face wore a perplexing look upon it. She carried a bag in her grasp, which dangled before her petite frame, a backpack slung over her back. She watched the unfolding display of ridiculousness with a mixture of fear and confusion upon her face. Roni looked like she wanted to run, or pass out, or maybe both. The young girl blanched when Kayne’s furious, disgusting gaze turned on her, almost as if the girl thought that Kayne would leap at her at any moment.

“I….uh…I don’t think I’m at the right house…” She faltered, her voice weak, barely slipping past her lips. She turned her large, dark eyes upon Sparks on the porch and gave her a none too subtle, pleading look.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Portal

Somewhere within the house, a light flickered for a brief moment before returning to normal. It was one of the obvious signs that Portal had arrived, however a light flickering was far from abnormal in old houses such as the new team's accommodation.

If the house had anything that resembled a linen closet, that was where portal now hid. Her entrance had been silent, but anybody who was adept at picking up small electrical disturbances might sense the arrival. But they would still have to find her. And as she peered out through the keyhole at the gathered individuals, it was Kayne's loud behavior that had her staying firmly put, in the dark, by herself.

Revealing herself now would do nothing for her, and unless she was sure that nobody would attack her there was little chance of seeing her at all. That was until the dust began to creep down off the dirty walls and uncleaned shelving. Only minutes passed by before a small sniffling sound could be heard coming from the closet, those with keen hearing would possibly pick it up.

Suddenly, Portal had the uncontrollable urge to sneeze and cough. Those dust bunnies had got the best of her once again. Still in hiding, she clasped her hands over her nose and mouth, trying not to sneeze. And it seemed to do the trick, her body relaxing again as the feeling subsided.

That would have been bad... she thought to herself.

"ACHOOOOOO!"

Her eyes were wide with shock as her body overtook her in a sudden and urgent fit of sneezing.

"ACHOO"
"ACHOO"
"Achoo"

"Uck...ugh" she sputtered, rubbing at her nose trying to clear it.

What sort of trickery was this, the dust didn't relent and without thinking she burst from the closet continuing her spluttering, her eyes now red from the irritation. As she, without thinking, stepped out into the room she froze. Too many people had seen her to run away from.

"Um...hello," she said quietly, rubbing at her runny nose still, trying to stop her voice from faltering. The eighteen year old looked every part the shy girl still, and dressed the same way. She wore dark jeans, and an old t-shirt. It didn't look as though she had been shopping in a long time, and perhaps the clothing she wore was hand me downs, or stolen off someone's washing line. Her boots were dusty and cracked, and she looked rather homeless and ungroomed.

Someone with her abilities could have been living the life, but not Portal. Portal lived a life of hiding, with no sign of extravagance.
 
Sparks

Sparks punched in her code unceremoniously, her slender fingers executing the order with practiced efficiency. She heard a sigh from the fox, whose name she was not yet aware.

"I don't really know," an electronic voice emitted from her companion. "Something hit me."

She stared at him, her mouth slightly ajar. He continued to speak, expressing that he would give her access to his profiles - and that she wouldn't like the results. His head turned towards her, his eyes settling on her own. "Don't tell anyone about this." He then made known his refusal to accept orders by anyone than her, which was a little boost after all she'd heard from Lawrence.

The aethitron screen was lightly flashing, and so Sparks reluctantly turned her eyes to it. She was more interested in the talking mechanical fox, but since it was his information on display anyway... She began reading.

"I also have a download port if you need these files permanently saved to a more...accessible drive." He barked.

"Oh yes," Sparks responded excitedly. Download ports were the best! She stood suddenly, a glowing smile on her face. "I have a cable insi--"

"Barbie!"

Sparks could hear the angry call, muffled as it was from inside. She turned towards the door with a quizzical expression.

"Barbie!" she heard again, preempting the presently-name-unknown female bursting out onto the porch. “Shit, Barbie. What the hell are you doin’ out here?” The raven haired woman hardly gave Sparks time to respond before heavy footfalls placed them an arms' length apart. The can was thrust inches away from her face. “We got a serious fuckin’ problem. Who the hell buys store brand soda? This shit is disgusting!”

Sparks almost denied that it was her - because it wasn't her. She hadn't stocked a damned thing in this house. But as the woman stormed angrily down the steps of the porch the blonde understood that it didn't really matter. Her sapphire eyes watched as the can was launched into the air.

Despite feeling that she and this woman would never be friends, she couldn't help but be impressed by her abilities. Shadows soaked towards her hands, forming into a blunt object. She swung and smashed the can, sending it soaring. Sparks' eyes watched the projectile's flight and -- oh god, it almost hit someone!

The girl looked terrified and confused. “I….uh…I don’t think I’m at the right house…”

Sparks took hurried steps off of the porch, wearing an apologetic expression. She reached out a hand towards the stranger, as if she could do anything to help from this distance. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She rushed to her assistance. "You didn't get hit, did you? Are you okay?" She'd await a response before turning to look at the aggressor.

...She looked kinda hot when she was mad. A couple tendrils of hair had even fallen from her ponytail, a stark contrast against her pale flesh. It was too bad Sparks still didn't know her name.

"Hey -- uh...impressive hit, but... I think the temper might be a little uncalled for." Sparks wrapped an arm around the newest girl's shoulders, ushering her towards the house (and keeping herself between her and the one who nearly popped her in the face with a soda can). She stopped to look in the other woman's bruise colored eyes and flashed a grin. "Though I'll admit you look amazing when you're angry." A wink.

Sparks didn't wait for a reply. "I'm going to have to buy some generic soda..." she mused as she walked away.

"C'mon, Kit," she spoke to the fox as she climbed onto the porch. She hadn't been able to read all of his information yet, but she had at least gotten to his name. "We got some linking to do!"

With that she entered the house, new girl in tow. Now that they were safely out of range of the angry one, Sparks released her shoulders and took a couple steps forward before turning back towards her. "I'm Sparks," she offered a hand, just as she had for the other woman. She hoped it wouldn't be slapped away this time...

The woman looked reluctant to take her hand. But before Sparks could get a complex over it, a noise drew her attention towards the linen closet. Someone was inside, having a fit of sneezes, and it wasn't but moments before a young woman burst out from behind the door.

"Um...hello."

Sparks tried to melt her confused expression with a bright smile. "Hey there!" She looked the girl over. She would almost guess she was living in that closet, if it hadn't been for the violent reaction to the dust. "Let me show you to the bathroom...I think we have some tissue in there."

She'd mention to the newcomers the upcoming meeting, which wasn't more than fifteen minutes away. In the meantime she'd lead the sniffling and red eyed girl to the bathroom before rifling through the solitary bag she had brought to the house. She pulled out a silver cable.

"Ready, Kit?" She'd sweep her hair over the front of her shoulder before plugging the cord into the base of her neck. "Time for me to learn things..."
 
Last edited:
If Kit could have in this form he would have felt afraid. Really all it took was a lot of people to shut him down, but for Sparks' sake he breathed deeply and followed her around. He watched as the can went flying and his jaw fell when he dipped into the vampires rage. It was abundant. It had a delicious flavor, but he felt something else. His connection to Sparks allowed him to feel a sudden atteaction felt by Sparks. It was stifled, but their was no way she could hide the sudden attraction. And no way Kit would taste it.

Though it did do one thing. He suddenly felt lonely. Sad. Something a robot shouldnt feel, but ssomething that if Kit were in human form, hw would be crying from the overpowering lonliness. He continued to follow them around, brushing up to the new little girl. She tasted, cautious, nervous. Kit sampled it with delight. She tasted wonderful. Though he had to remain with Sparks. Suddenly a sneezing girl burst out of the closet and Kit breathed a sigh of boredom.

"Okay this is getting monotonous." He though. Once again he follow Sparks around until they got to her room. She plugged in the silver cable and Kit snapped it with his tail and flicked it into his ear. "Here goes." He though as he started the program.

A sudden falling sensation and Kit and Sparks landed in the Dreamscape. Kit stood in the body he wanted. A silver fox. "Welcome to the Dreamscape." He said spinning around with his arms open wide. "Here you will see at an accelerated speed everything you are downloading." He watched as his files flashed in front of their eyes. "You will know everything about me up to present. Minus my identity." His life and situations flashed past them. His first killing. The first time he rescued someone. Everything that was Kit with the exception of his identity flowed into your mind. "There isn't much to me. I've been in hiding mostly. Just keep this a secret please." HE said reaffirming his desire to remain anonymous. "OH! And. I still don't have control over my powers." HE said sitting and closing his eyes.
 
Portal had absolutely no complaints in finding somewhere else to hide, the bathroom a less suspicious option. Keeping her eyes lowered she felt odd to be so close to Sparks. The woman was strong and warm, whilst Portal was small and seemed a little chilly. Walking away from the others, she glanced into the rooms she passed. Her mind memorizing the layouts and basic contents, it made jumping back less dangerous if she knew where to go.

Finding herself alone in the bathroom she sat down on the toilet seat and breathed out deeply. "Oh boy," she whispered, biting the corner of her thumb nail. Between everyone she at least knew she could follow orders and keep quiet, but any problems would arise if someone yelled at or seemed to bully her. The angry woman with the dark aura and an abundance of tension had already made Portal uncomfortable, without even speaking to her.

The girl's red brown fringe fell in her eyes, like it constantly did, and she blew it aside. Deep in thought, she tried to find a reason to stay, or to go in fact. Should she just leave? Based on her observations the team already had enough people...and they had useful powers. Hiding had been useful for her. But how would it help them.

Should she stay? The house at least was a stable roof, there would be food and people who might aid in bringing her out of her shell. She knew she needed to become stronger, wouldn't living with stronger people do that?

Standing up, Portal decided to wash her hands in the basin and absentmindedly stared into the mirror. Her face wasn't grotty, but she also didn't wear any makeup. The pale complexion and brown eyes amidst freckles made her look younger than her eighteen years. She was lightly built, uneducated, and terribly shy. With only basic control of her power, the ability to open up portals as long as a solid border (eg a doorway, window, hoolahoop, chalk outline) was present with unchanging dimensions. It was useful, but it took effort to keep it open if more than one person used it, and if she wasn't sure if an open area was on the other side it readjusted her exit point and damaged her, with severity of injury based on the distance it had to readjust.

For example, if there was someone standing in the doorway, she might be spat out in another doorway a few meters away. This would hurt slightly, perhaps cause a headache and tingling all over. If no doorways were available and she was spat out a hundred meters away her nose would bleed and her ears might ring. A mile away? Well the last time that had happened she had thrown up, instantly gained a migraine, her nose had bled and she had developed small cuts to her hands and arms.

She had never been readjusted further than that. And she had no idea how bad the effects would be if it ever did happen. Usually a magazine or photo gave her enough details to teleport with limited injury.

Finishing up, she looked down and took a few moments to stare at the chrome tap handles that she had taken off. They really were shiny, and under normal conditions she would add them to her collection of bathroom fittings. But she managed to control herself enough to sit them in the sink and walk away.

When she stepped through the doorway, her mind not switched on to how she had entered the room in the first place, she exited from the linen closet again. The door to the bathroom still locked from the inside. Such problems rarely concerned her.
 
Last edited:
Kayne & Roni

Kayne

Any joy Kayne felt from sending the can flying was rudely interrupted by the appearance of yet another worthless ‘super hero’. Those bruised hued eyes turned to find what looked like little more than a little girl ready for a sleep over. Kayne felt like she might bolt or piss her pants if she took a step closer or gave her more than a disinterested look. Thankfully, Sparks was there to greet her, Kayne would have taken some delight in making the little girl cry if only for a moment. She couldn’t help it really, it was in her nature, the whole fight or flight thing. If the girl wanted to run Kayne would give chase and gladly run her down. Another thought came to mind as Sparks babbled and wrapped her arm around the girls shoulder. Kayne couldn’t help but wonder just what she tasted like, for but a glance the young girl in the hoodie seemed innocent and sweet. The imagine of her life flashing before those big, beautiful eyes as Kayne leeched her essence made the pale skinned woman shiver in debased delight.

There was always tomorrow.

The moment wasn’t one for pondering though, already Sparks was leading the girl back towards the house, though she couldn’t help but stick her nose where it didn’t belong. Kayne’s nostrils flared, the movement made all the more dramatic by the silver ring dangling from them. Slender, dark brows arched above her disgusting eyes as an incredulous look overtook her sharp face.

“Uncalled for? Have you ever tasted Dr. Thunder? I’d rather drink piss from a dead camel’s ass!” Kayne spoke in a loud voice, which carried for some distance with her present state of agitation. The bat swung in her grasp as she dramatically gestured, it moved in a wide arc and spun as if it weighed nothing at all. The black length was slightly indefinable, its edges almost blurry. Kayne watched the two move, she noted how Sparks kept herself between them both, which unconsciously made Kayne want to pursue her all the more. But it was then that Sparks did something unexpected. She paused just long enough for their eyes to meet and a grin flashed across that beautiful visage. Even before the words came out Kayne felt a subtle tingle within her loins as that smile overtook Sparks visage, she was never more beautiful than when she wore that look. It was followed by words that Kayne had never expected to hear from someone like her. It was a comment in its own right, even as it teased and yet there was something more. Perhaps it was only accentuated by that wink, but it was enough to leave Kayne dumbfounded.

The angry look drifted from her sharp face and was swiftly replaced by confusion, her lips parted and the light caught on the silver stud in her tongue, though no words came forth. Yes, for once Kayne was left speechless. The bat in her grasp flickered lightly, the surface cracking before it slowly became transparent and disappeared altogether. By the time she managed to find herself though Sparks was already up the stairs with the young girl and the metallic fox.

Kayne was left out front by herself, her bruised gaze blinking several times before her jaw started to work. She closed her mouth and reopened it a few times before her words finally came out.

“Did she…just hit on me…?” She asked to no one in particular, an unfamiliar quiver rippling up her spine. It could have just been an innocent compliment, though the very thought only brought out the anger once more. Kayne swallowed heavily, her throat feeling tight and dry. It was then that her mind finally reconciled the fact that three had entered the house, one decidedly not human or even organic appearance.

“Wait! When the fuck did we get a dog?!” Kayne snapped back into reality. With a huff she stormed back up the front steps, her boots heavily thumping against the wood, the door slammed fiercely like a little kid would do as they came inside for dinner.

Roni

It was all too much; Roni never felt more like running in her life than she did now. The pale, skinny woman was just terrifying, she was like some kind of ridiculous joke, a farce in leather screaming for attention. Still, the look she got made her shudder to the very core, a cold dread filled her stomach and if it wasn’t for Sparks timely intervention Roni just might have bolted. The men in their dark suits and nonchalant attitudes weren’t nearly as terrifying; the thought of spending her life in jail almost seemed like a good one at this point. But the woman that strode towards her stifled such thoughts, with her dusky blonde hair and sapphire eyes, she seemed unafraid of the raging psychopath that conjured a black bat from nothing. She profusely apologized, which took Roni off guard just a bit. She turned her dark eyes to the taller woman and offered a scared little smile and shook her head.

“Uh…N-No. I mean, I’m fine. I just got surprised…I wasn’t expecting…I mean…I dunno,” Roni began and the flood of nonsensical babbling started. Thankfully Sparks was content to lead her towards the house, a welcoming arm around her slender shoulders. The young girl followed without hesitance, anything to get away from the monster in the front yard. It took her a second to realize that Kit was well, a fox, he was so silent that Roni had managed to not see him until he was at her side. She hesitated for just a moment, as if she expected the metallic fox to brandish daggers for teeth or explode in flames. Instead he just brushed against her, which brought out a small smile and she timidly reached out to touch him. She could feel nothing through her gloves, more like mittens that covered her fingers completely. They were an odd choice, given the weather. Her hand didn’t linger long, with just the briefest of contact she was already drawing back, though the fear she felt was more concerned with what she would do as opposed to what the fox could do to her.

Sparks was there again, now it was her turn to offer a hand and a name. Roni hesitated, the indecision clear on her face as she looked at the offered hand. Roni reached out though and took it, which was a little awkward what with her mittens.

“I’m Roni MacGuffen. You can call me Roni. Uh…I said that already didn’t I? It’s short for Veronica,” Roni said all too much all too quickly, meeting Sparks eyes fully for just a second. It was hard to look someone straight in the eye for long, Roni was always paranoid what might happen if she held it longer. She truly didn’t understand her own talents, nor was she completely trusting of her surroundings. It was so much to take in, Roni noticed several other bodies already present. A curious man sitting in a chair that seemed passed out, another man who looked like he didn’t belong here, the serious look on his face almost as frightening as Kayne’s tantrum. She nibbled her bottom lip as she got lost in it all for a moment, that was before another burst out with a thunderous sneeze (it was a bit of an exaggeration but Roni was still on edge). She clutched her bag tightly and followed them down the hallway, the idea of taking a few minutes in the bathroom to gather her wits alone was a great idea, though by the time she managed to get there the door was already closed.

Roni stood awkwardly in the hallway, clutching the large bag in her grasp and shifting it constantly. The other girl had gone in there ahead of her and Roni gave the handle a hesitant glance. Sparks had already gone off, with the odd fox at her side. Roni looked up and down the hallway with timid curiosity. Her bottom lip was gnawed upon as she started to slowly to explore. It wasn’t a good idea, but it couldn’t be any worse than standing in front of a closed bathroom door.


Kayne

The resounding crash of the front door followed Kayne as she re-entered the building. One hand rose and swept back a few loose strands of black hair, smoothing it back against the rest. Her bruised gaze drifted about to and fro as she made her way in further. It didn’t take long for Kayne to find the familiar frame of Sparks and the newest addition of the metal fox (new to her reality at least).

“Hey! Barbie!” Kayne called out as she thundered closer, though the woman didn’t seem to move one bit. She stood in a awkward position before the fox, a cord dangling there as well. Kayne quirked a brow as she drew closer and looked them over, the leather of her jacket rustling and the huff of her breath the only tangible sounds.

“Hey…fuckfaces?” Kayne said again, her right hand coming to linger in front of Sparks’ face. She gave a few waves and even snapped twice, only to find absolutely no response. Her lips twitched and something stirred behind those bruised orbs. It wasn’t pleasant, even if a smile came to her thin lips. Without another word Kayne retreated, back into the common room.

“Anyone got a marker?” Kayne asked briskly as she did a sweep of the immediate area. She came to stand before Jenkins and his desk. Her eyes narrowed upon the marker that rested on the surface. She snatched it up and pulled off the cap, only to bring it to her nose to get a good whiff of the markers scent.

“Mmm. I need to borrow dis for a second. I’ll bring it back!” Kayne took another sniff or two before she retreated as fast as her heavy boots would carry her. By that time the smile on her face was a devious grin, a little bit of lewd glee twinkled in her disgusting gaze as she leaned over Sparks’ zombified body. She held the marker gingerly in her grasp and pursed her lips as she slowly drew it out over the smooth, silky skin of Sparks’ cheek. She leaned her weight upon one hand, which was planted firmly against her knee.

It only took several minutes for Kayne to finish her masterpiece. She took a step back and crossed her arms over her chest, letting the tip of the marker linger under her nose as she breathed in its scent and marveled at her work.

“Hmm. I wonder if this marker is permanent,” She said absently, only then did she glance down at the length of the marker in her delicate grasp.
 
Ron was not happy but he didn't show it. He had tried to go to sleep to conserve energy but he guessed that was going to be impossible in this place. They had bad attitude bashing up the place and yelling at anything and everything, sniper boy deciding he would make himself at home in the roof, a ghost girl who liked to appear out of the linen closet and now a scaredey cat. The only one not disturbing him was Mr normal and who knew why he was here with the freaks. So when exactly were the boss lady and that freaky dog thing getting back to start this meeting. If she wasn't back soon he was liable to walk out and go back to being a well paid Merc. What were his parents thinking, Kids his own age were noisy and stupid.
 
Back
Top