OOC: Team of Misfits

AnyOtherName

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Posts
742
]| Team of Misfits |[
Out of Character Discussions

The Organization is a collection of elite heroes and heroines who protect the world from the evil of man and his inventions.

The science and technology of their world has focused heavily on improving the human form, all manners of experiments being carried out by countless could-be mad scientists and government financed programs. Genetically modified humans, mutants, cyborgs... If great minds weren't tinkering with making man their own weapon, they were building external ones for him to wield. With such power in the reach of so many it was no surprise that villainy was ever on the rise.

Among the Organization are the most well-known superhero teams that combat this evil...and the least.



----------------------------------------

[| Cast of Characters |]
In order of "make the list pretty"

Kayne - KattDclaw
Ruby Smit - Madwolf023
Ryan Cox AKA Bow - DeathsKnight
Kit "Steal Fox" Cartaii - Kit_Cartaii
Ron Porter AKA Chyron - wombat9966
Veronica ‘Roni’ MacGuffen - KattDclaw
Lynnette Carter "Portal" - DormantEvil
Leftenant Lawrence Jenkins - Madwolf023
Celeste "Sparks" Sorenson - AnyOtherName

----------------------------------------


]| Player Guidelines |[

  • First and foremost - do not write for characters that are not your own. This includes actions, speech...even things so small as expression-related reactions. I think Madwolf came up with a great example for this one:
    "Pushing another character is fine. Pushing that character, having them fall over, then have the other character give the pusher their lunch money is not okay."
    If at any point you have a question as to whether or not you are overstepping your bounds in a post - ask. Me, or the writer whose character it is you may be tempted to animate. Maybe you need them to nod or agree in order to continue your post - and while I've been guilty of making such assumptions of other characters (and even recently), I generally try to ask permission. Or, you know, posting short is always acceptable, too.

  • Respect your fellow writers! I expect to see turmoil between characters in thread but I don't want to see that aggression bleeding over into the OOC. Also - I know we're a playful bunch that enjoy calling each other names and tease... I'm not going to police interactions here, or act like a middle school teacher freaking out over idle threats. If I notice something I don't like I'm certain you'll get a message from me - but keep in mind that I miss things. So if something happens and you feel hurts about it, send me a message and I will try to resolve the issue.

  • Please keep the group informed of expected absences. We all have real lives and that's good! If I don't hear from a player and they disappear I'm likely to breeze over them for the time and let them back in when they return. Not a big deal - until we get to action. If the group finds itself at a point where the story cannot continue without a character (whose player is absent), I will hi jack the toon. It's not really the threat it sounds like: I have no interest in screwing someone over and so I would simply move the action and avoid doing anything too drastic. So, the penalties of this rule are about non-existent but...you know. It's courteous to keep co-writers informed.

----------------------------------------

[| For Reference|]

  • Aethitron - our world's version of the internet. It does not require an ISP, rather is intertwined with electricity. Aethitron compatible wiring emits a constant energy field which is extremely responsive to users. This is where the "will a display from nothing" thing comes in. Mostly, the aethitron system is used to promote laziness. Such as, some slob on the couch is capable of interacting with his aethitron (which in most cases would be connected throughout the entire house), having it perform all manner of tasks. It is capable of controlling anything a remote in our world could (or your fancy phones with light control apps and such), and can move physical objects (within limits). So if you desire a soda, but would hate to get off of your ass, an aethitron system could accomplish the task of opening the fridge and delivering you a beverage. I imagine it could also be used by nice old ladies in assistance of moving furniture and such. It'd be my guess that there would be a safeguard in place where aethitron would refuse to target or cause force to a living being. So no telling it to levitate your sleeping roommate or anything more devious! The other most popular use of aethitron involves holographic porn (not quite as convincing as a holodeck, for any TNG fans). It seems reasonable that one could use the system to alter the colors or patterns of their walls but its far from convincingly placing one in a forest or any other pretended location. Only the most expensive aethitron systems will supply a tangible feel to holograms, as well, so its not as if the user can truly have sex with whatever porn program they install.

  • Denriley Ports - exclusively used by cyborgs/androids. Essentially, a connection will allow the user to move their consciousness to an intangible realm of code and archives. A similar system is being developed for use by humans and mutants, mostly in the vein of virtual gaming.

A note to our players: If you have anything you'd like added here, tell me about it (either here in the ooc or by message, whichever you prefer). Can be as simple as a new term or as complex weapon or technological gadget that you're going to write three paragraphs about.

----------------------------------------

We are not actively seeking new players, but if you are interested in joining our story, please refer to the post below for information.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Join Us!

]| To Apply |[

Seeking original characters only. Whereas I don't mind the use of an existing skill set I'd much prefer that our protagonists be unique in name and backstory. As the title suggests, I'm looking for the heroes to be 'misfit' types. Doesn't necessarily mean that your character needs to be anti-social or inept, but there should be some issue (whether minor or major) which has made it difficult for them to gain acceptance within other teams (could even be that you're so damned perfect that no one can stand you - whatever you can dream up).

Please send me a private message if you are interested in joining or have any questions.

----------

[| Character Sheet |]

Name:
Age:
Race:
Known Background:
Source of Power:
Abilities:
Appearance:
Additional Background: **optional**

Official Notes:

----------

Further explanations

Most heroes/heroines of this world have a birth name and a heroic identity. Whether or not your character would supply their true name to the organization or not is entirely up to you: please make a note if the full name is not general knowledge to other players.

So far as races are concerned, I have not created an extensive list. I prefer to stay in the realm of scientifically altered humans becoming their own breeds; such as, biomechanically enhanced individuals would be considered inhuman and therefore allow 'cyborg' to be a classifiable race. There is a possibility of animal-human mixing, to which I will not be naming - if a player so desires to be a wolfman or catgirl or what-have-you, I will leave it in their hands to identify and describe. I believe that we could also be open to alien beings, so long as they are well thought out and not entirely over powered. (On a note: our world does not have significant space travel capabilities, perhaps only able to explore their own solar system; the development of their technology has been largely focused on modern conveniences, genetic modifications, and weaponry. Little would be known of aliens and their appearance would be a very, very rare.) I'd also be willing to allow android as a race, should anyone be interested.

Known background should consist of the information contained within your hero/heroine's official file or details that are generally known to others within the organization.

Source of power should be a quick summation of how it is you gained your abilities. Some examples would include: "Biomechanical Modifications", "Genetic Manipulation", "Mutant"...you get the idea. Be creative - I'm imagining a world crawling with mad scientists (most of them on the villain side of things) doing all sorts of amazing things to empower themselves and/or make money. You may have more than one source of power, if you wish, but keep in mind that everyone is mere mortal (read: don't build godmode).

A quick example: my character will be a mutant whom has endured adulthood biomechanical modifications. Unlike most cyborgs, though, she is not wired with what is commonly referred to as a 'soldier pack': modifications which make the individual stronger and faster. Her alterations were rather focused on enhancing her mutant abilities and mind. I will be explaining such in more detail when I write my character's 'abilities' description.

Which leads us right to it: abilities. Have fun with it but make it reasonable! I'm not saying you can't have awesome powers - but if you do, limit it. A good rule of thumb might be to have one epic power or several lesser abilities that add up to make you fantastic.

I want the team to need to be a team, to rely on each other. So, really. Specialize yourself but make sure you have an area (or areas) of weakness.

For appearance you may supply a picture or give a description, whichever it is you prefer. Our characters will be meeting in out-of-costume circumstances so I'd focus on that for now - if you happen to have your costume figured out feel free to include it. And if not such information can be updated at a later date, as it becomes prevalent within the story.

If there is additional background you'd like to include, perhaps to allow other players to better understand your character, there's a place for it. This information would be unknown by characters in-thread and is completely optional.

Official Notes: What would organization leadership have to say about your character? What comments have they written in the file?

Add any other description points you feel are important to your character.

-----

Please submit character sheets to me before posting! I'm looking for anywhere from four to eight people for the team (including myself) with the possibility of casting a villain or two otherwise.

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Name: Ron Porter Aka Chyron (Pronounced Ki- ron)
Misfit name : Urban Warrior
Age:19

Race: Mutant

Known Background: Ron is the son of a failed experiment in the weapon X super soldier program. His dad was supposed to get enhanced agility, speed, strength and a healing factor and instead wound up getting only small factors of each. Put into training anyway he soon washed out and was dismissed. He then used his training to become a Mercenary and met a fellow female merc. They soon married and had Ron. He showed he was special early like his dad and they trained him almost from birth. The skills his dad was supposed to get are present in him to a higher degree especially the healing factor which is at full strength. He has been a Merc since 5 as a decoy. He killed his first man at 7 and was a professional by 10. He took the name Chyron because he was always escorting people to their deaths. He was wanted all over the world but no one knew what he looked like and no one would believe he would be just a kid. He only ever targeted bad people however. Now his parents are dead and he has grown up he is thinking it is time to maybe meet kids his own age. He may need to take a new name however.

Source of Power:Inherited super soldier serum

Abilities:healing factor that enables him to survive almost any fatal blow, advanced agility (Olympic gymnast level), advanced speed and reflexes (twice normal human lvl) Advanced strength (triple his body weight) martial arts and fighting skills, armed combat.

Appearance: Uniform He usually wore what was needed for the job. But his signature was his black full gloss face mask that could stop a 44 magnum bullet.

Now he needs to change.Full length black body armor, Twin holsters on hips, Collapsible bow staff on back, shock knuckles built into suit, combat knife in boot. Guns are modified machine pistols. Now fire non lethal rubber bullets but still pack a wallop especially in five burst clusters.Also have specialty weapons for different classes of super heroes. Gas grenades, flash bangs, etc. Knife has been modified with both laser and vibratory edges for those hard to cut super heroes. Mask is a deaths head Full head balaclava. Has inbuilt audio send/receive capability, plus night/thermal/zoom vision.

Normal http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/08/article-2337884-1A36474C000005DC-290_636x681.jpg
6'2"
Brown buzz cut hair
Brown eyes
Very toned and muscled body

Additional Background:Ron approached the syndicate through channels and offered his services as a newly awakened mutant. They have no idea of his past as his civilian ID is clean as was his parents.He didn't show them half of what he could do, just some basic strength, agility and staff work along with taking some pain. They have decided to put him with this new team to see what he can do.

Official Notes: "Impressive for a newly awakened Mutant put him with the new team and see how he develops."

"Something about this one, keep an eye on him"

"Dull, Are we sure we want someone as underpowered as this?"
 
Last edited:
------------------
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Celeste "Sparks" Sorenson

Name: Celeste "Sparks" Sorenson

Age: 29

Race: Cyborg

Known Background:

Sparks has been a member of the organization for thirteen years...and a cyborg for seven. She's changed significantly over the ordeal: once a girl with a dazzling smile and a light-hearted spirit, 'Sparks' could've applied to more than just her electrical powers. She was optimistic and bright, ever striving to elevate the moods of her teammates. Now...well. She wasn't the type to wallow in her pain but a three year captivity at the hands of the mad Professor Denauld truly stole her light.

When she came back, the organization held her for two years themselves. Convinced that the professor had somehow wired the woman for betrayal, or at the least made her an unknowning spy, they couldn't afford not to. She understood it, even if it was with a bitter taste in her mouth.

In the two years since her release, Sparks had been taking a part in solo work - mostly on account of an aversion to others and a developed problem with authority.

A near death incident occurred and the organization responded by demanding that she join a team. She was too weak, they said, to defend herself...and her powers too great (mostly in part to the professor's alterations) to lose just because 'she didn't feel like being around others'. Begrudgingly she accepted when the offered her leadership of a newly formed team.

...They'd mostly leave her alone if she was in charge, right? No one liked their boss.

She could put on a mask and play nice for short periods of time, at least. Hopefully that would be enough.

Source of Power: Mutant/Biomechanical Modifications

Abilities:

Before the modifications, Sparks' ability was uncontrolled. She could cause electrical surges, which...wasn't useful for much else than frying devices. It was handy, sometimes, to destroy all of someone's data. In her youth it had been funny, when she meant to destroy some other kids' gadget, or tragic, when she broke something of her own. Joining in the organization helped her to learn to control her ability, though it did little more than allow her to not shock things when she was upset.

Professor Denauld was her nemesis, for certain. But the modifications he installed benefited her greatly, even if she hadn't wanted them and considered the surgeries the equivalence of torture. He had convinced himself that she'd eventually come to his side. Whether by time, or new invention...but in his death, and her liberation (even if only to be reincarcerate again), the latter part of his plan never came to be.

Her electrical surges were a little more complex now. She could give and take electrical energy - though she couldn't hurl lighting, which was a shame. Her powers focused on the technology of the day. Sabotaging networks, stealing data...her brain had been modified to understand binary. The depths of what the professor had done to Sparks' mind made in impossible to imagine that he hadn't taken control over her entirely. But as time passed and the organization deemed that she was still a loyal ally (their exhaustive tests assured them, after two years) it seemed silly not to put her powers to work for good.

Appearance:

Sparks is 5'6" tall, lean with wide hips and an ample chest. Dusky blonde hair, sapphire eyes. She bares no physical markings of being a cyborg aside from a port at the base of her neck, which is always covered by a cascade of golden locks and/or a collared shirt.

Additional Background:

Sparks has never told the story of her captivity. Even as the Organization attempted interrogations, claiming that they could more easily consider her a non-threat if she'd co-operate...she refused. Based on the change to her character and the physical state she was recovered in, it was easy enough for others to make their own assumptions; but she'd never admit to any of it.

Professor Denauld had been obsessively in love with her. For no sane reason, so far as Sparks could tell.

During the first few months of her capture the man treated her surprisingly well. Physically, the woman had never been a danger, and so was rarely in restraints. There were plenty of minions around, to administer shocks or incapacitate her when she acted out, and in some cases the professor handled such himself.

The crazy bastard was willingly blind to her distress, often ignored her outbursts and pretended that they were a happy couple. He'd force her to eat meals with him, having a henchman shackle her to a chair at the table if necessary, at which time he'd talk to her as if they had been married for years.

The change in her treatment had been her own fault, according to him. Somewhere between the three and four month mark, she snapped. Professor Denauld was babbling some craziness about wanting her to help redecorate their bedroom (which, at this point, she had not been forced to share - probably because she often threatened to kill the man in his sleep)...and Sparks lost it. She said every hurtful thing she could think to say, including that she loathed and would never love him.

"It's someone else, isn't it?" he asked with a false calm. Surely, it wasn't him. Or her. The blame needed to go somewhere else.

Despite her denials, Professor Denauld decided that it was one of her former teammate's fault.

"That bastard with the arm cannon..." he finally decided.

The worse of it was: he was right. And so when the professor's henchmen managed to capture and drag Victor to their master's lair... Well. All they had to do was tie the hero up, threaten him with a couple of knives - and Sparks said everything Denauld wanted her to, swore that she would be better to him and even love him back. The man smiled, pleased. ...And then he shot Victor in the head.

It only got worse from there. The professor soon found out that Sparks' love was contingent on him threatening something that she actually loved. Rather than continue to jump through hoops for the ungrateful bitch he resorted to violence and force.

Official Notes: (All notes after her recovery from Professor Denauld)

"Is belligerently disobedient and should be removed from the organization."

"Despite an inability to follow my instruction, Sparks performed the assigned task admirably. Would not recommend as a permanent team candidate."

"Works well alone, though I fear for her willingness to put herself in high risk situations given her physical weakness and poor aim."
 
Last edited:
Name:

Leftenant Lawrence Jenkins

Age:

43

Race:

Caucasian Male Human (British)

Known Background:

The Leftenant was formally of the Special Air Service (SAS) for the British Military. Successfully participating in many covert missions around the world, at the age of twenty eight he was transferred to the ‘Organization’ as part of their leader initiative. Much of his past with the SAS is deemed classified by the British Government, and there is no record of a Leftenant Lawrence Jenkins ever serving abroad.

What is known about Leftenant Jenkins is that he was born in London, raised by a middle class family, before joining the military at the age of eighteen. He reportedly has the highest ever marks in terms of tactical analysis, military history, and a class commonly known as ‘the art of war’, a reference to Sun Tzu’s famous work, the ‘Art of War’. Whether or not he actually holds these distinctions is a matter of speculation.

After five years of leading team after team for the ‘Organization’, he was assigned to the ‘Misfit’ project. Though he is not technically the leader of the group, (it was made clear that all members were meant to be equivalent in terms of tactical decisions), the expectation is that his calm demeanor, logical thinking, and experience will help control the more radical elements of the ‘Misfit’ project

Source of Power:

No source of power. The Leftenant is one hundred percent human.

Abilities:

Keen tactical mind trained by twenty-five years of military service. The Leftenant excels at improvisation and strategy. Jenkins has been groomed for the mantle of leadership since successful military expeditions around the globe. He was on track to make Brigadier in the SAS before recruited by the ‘Organization’.

His fighting skills are mostly raw. Hand to hand combat is a weakness of his, as is handling most close-range weaponry. His specialty in the SAS was long ranged sniper weapons. He has since cut back the use on weaponry, preferring to help his allies navigate the current battle.

Appearance:

Standing at five foot nine inches and weighing in at less than one hundred and sixty pounds, Leftenant Jenkins is not considered a physical masterpiece. However scars on his right wrist and lower back from shrapnel does reveal his military past. Coupled with intense blue eyes and noticeably bright red hair, he commands a presence in any room he currently occupies.

He often has bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, and to see him without a cup of coffee is a rare sight indeed. The uniform he wears is baggy, due to the fact that he seemingly loses weight whenever he gets a new uniform that should fit. He usually wears a beret on top of his head, a remnant of his SAS days.

He is clean shaven, with a short crop of hair.

Official Notes:

(SAS officer)

“ [redacted]. Jenkins clearly shows promise as a leader of his own squad. Worries that he would be willing to [redacted] have been clearly unfounded.”

(Recording of recommendation to be placed on the ‘Misfit’ Project)

“Leftenant Jenkins is clearly suited to lead more problematic elements of military forces, including those we have assigned to the ‘Misfit’ project. His injury, please see the attached form, also places him at less risk to be seen as a threat to any of the members, nor will he see much military action. He will almost certainly emerge as a stabilizing influence in the group.”

(Report on [Redacted])

“Leftenant Jenkins once again showed calm under enemy fire. However his injuries sustained will leave him out of action for at least seven months, if not longer. Recommended psychological evaluation as well”

(Psychological Evaluation)

“I recommend that the Leftenant is placed back on active duty. He has agreed to be accepted into the officer program in order to reduce risk of re-injury. Admitted to suffering some Post Traumatic Stress after the incident. Low risk of psychological breakdown on the field.”

(Transfer request)

“The Leftenant has shown some discontent about the path that the SAS currently has him on. Stuck at the same level for two years. We recommend…..”
 
Last edited:
The thread is live!

Team of Misfits

I'd like to give our current players a chance to settle into their new surroundings and have some interaction with each other before we are given our first villain-kicking assignment. Bonus if we have any others join us in the meantime!

Feel free to establish details of the team house as you see fit: I've not created a definitive floor plan or decoration scheme. If you guys think a floor plan would be useful, we can certainly go that route (there be plenty on the interwebs to borrow!)

Of course feel free to bring up any questions/concerns/ideas - and consider the OOC thread open for chit-chat!

P.S.: Sorry our house sucks. But we are the misfits, after all! <3
 
General question: How much do we know about the other players? I mean to start off with.
 
*Name*: Kit "Steal Fox" Cartaii
*Age*: Age is merely presumed, but estimated to around 400 years old.
*Race*: Mutation / Cyborg.
*Known Background*: Kit's conception was between Doctor Samuel Cartaii and Lady Karrey Kitsune. The lady had taken on a human form and had gone to The Organization for experimentation on making her permanently human. While their she fell in love with the geneticist that was there. Soon they were spending time together and within months Kit was conceived. His conception was kept secret when a new geneticist took over and experiments continued on the Kitsune. The few times he was spotted were brushed aside as no one believed he was a child, but instead a by-product of genetic mutation. After four months of experimentation it could no longer be denied, she was pregnant. This excited the doctors to no end and they started work on modifying the genes of her child as well. After five months they managed to add their own Genetic mutation to his gene pool. As soon as they had done this they went wild. Now understanding how to insert the mutations they added several.

Soon after Kit was born. Upon coming out of the womb he resembled a robotic fox, as he walked his body would make hissing sound as if his movements were governed by a hydraulics. He didn't make a sound as he came out. As they looked him over they realized he had no voice box and therefore had no way of speaking. Being the curious types they were, doctors started watching him. They found his intelligence was far above the average child's and soon he was walking and writing answers to their questions. Three months into their examinations of him, doctors started reporting feeling empty, like emotions were gone, but they didn't know how they felt about it. Several psychiatrists reported getting the same answer to their questions. "I don't know." Was all anyone could get out of them as far as how they were feeling.

While they were dealing with the new problem with the scientists, Kit vanished. From that day on noone could find him and none had sighted "A Steal Fox" wandering around.
*Source of Power*: Mutation/Cyber implants in his gene pool
*Abilities*: limited shape changing, emotion eating, An official name has not been invented for what he does with technology. He appears to be able to integrate any and all technology into himself, modifying his body to whatever his needs are, completely bulletproof in hero form.
*Appearance*: he stands at 4 foot in his fox form and is completely mechanical. His colors are Silver and black.
Outside of Fox form he stands at 6'1, has red hair and a very thin body. He looks malnourished and probably is, his shoulders and chest are broad though.
*Additional Background*: His sudden disappearance gave him the ability to learn his powers, but that being said he has almost no control over them, constantly begging his body to "Please give me something good."

*Official Notes*:*
"This boy lacks respect and doesn't obey anything he is told."

"I don't know....I like him...I think....I was surprised when he spoke to me, but...I don't know...."

"I don't know....I like him I guess....He gets everything done when I tell him to do things...."


And Mad Wolf...I would prefer if nobody, but Sparks knew about me, but thats just me. Thanks for lretting me join!!!
 
Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

And that was more of a question for the original four. Also if you join the 'hero' team my character will know a little about you, seeing as how it's his job to know about the team members. But that's just personality wise. History wise it'll be next to nothing.
 
Hmm, I see what you mean. He'll have whatever the Organization has on Kit as soon as they send the info. Which will probably be hypothesis and random data. It'll also add to his epic speech once everyone is assembled. Oh well, once there is a fourth member he is going to be good, since he won't actually go on missions, and instead coordinate.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if I threw you off. I don't mean to be the way I am I just like the mystery given off by him. I mean other then some speculation you guys don't even know what his powers really are. At least in game that is.
 
Oh that's no problem. I love cracking mysteries should be quite fun, especially once we learn more about him.
 
Yup. Anyway, I've already assumed my characters mindset and how to best utilize everyone on the team. Your character makes it even more interesting.
 
Welcome, Kit!

Madwolf - anything within the 'known history' for each character would be contained within their Organization file - and of course you'd have access to the Official Notes, as well.

I will have a response up this evening; hopefully sooner rather than later.

Should be fun!
 
As Kit gains control over his powers my avatar is more and more what he will look like.
 
He will gain control of his looK's, but everything else will be random and wild. Hope that that will be a good enoughost reason to make him a Misfit.
 
I wouldn't mind later on in the story, probably. But for now I'd prefer that house remain utter crap.
 
Back
Top