Haffas: Through the Looking Glass(Closed for SerenaUShields, xXDanniPhantomX)

Kohana_Xavior19

Little Devil
Haffas: Through the Looking Glass(SerenaUShields, xXDanniPhantomX, Silver_Wyvern)

Twenty-one years ago, there existed a village. In this village, it's people were talented in many trades. Hardly any trouble found its way here. One this particular night, just after midnight, a young woman with raven black hair that fell to her waist in curls, moved silently through the village. In her arms, she carried a sleeping child. A baby no more than a month old. The young woman moved with grace as she walked amongst the quiet homes. Speaking warmly and softly to the child in her arms with an angelic voice. The babe laid quiet and still in her arms as the woman stopped in front of a home.

This home belonged to Kai and Yuki Mishikoto. A young couple who has only been married for only two years. "Here you will be safe. Here you can blossom into a beautiful flower, my little Hana..." The woman kissed her forehead and laid her down in a basket of Sakuras that sat on the doorstep. A pink blanket tucked warmly around. "My sweet, little flower...grow to be strong yet kind. Think this not as goodbye, but as my promise to find you again." The woman knocked on the door and then fled into the night as tears streamed down her face.

This was the dream Kohana had, had for as long as she could remember. At six years old, the peaceful village she had long believed to be home was raided by Project G and Project S. The young mortal couple who had raised her and loved her, were killed. The village razed to the ground in flames and destruction. Amongst the raiders was a man unlike any other Kohana had seen. He was a Dark Elf with several silver earrings in his ears. He said his name was Cain and He promised her a new home. If only she had not believed him.

Since then, Kohana's life had changed. The blood and power her mother had taken great care to seal away was unleashed. She had become the most wanted being in all of Midgar. And more than that, at ten years of age, Kohana had discovered the secret behind the forbidden door. Inside that room were the test subjects of Hojo. A mad scientist who was hell bent on finding something. But Kohana never knew what. Fearful of what this No no could do if he ever learned she knew, she had befriended one of them and grew close to them. Many nights she was protected from No no as she slept.

But a day came when the impossible happened. The great escapes of all time. At eighteen, Kohana helped her new friends get away as she stayed behind to stall anyone from following. But there was a chance she was never going to see them again. She knew that. And she took the risk. Then two days ago, despite the beating Cain had given her, Hojo wanted his share. His idea of a punishment was to alter her DNA. But as he did so, something went wrong and Kohana was able to get away. Though not in one piece nor was she clean.

Three days have gone by since then. Kohana was tiered, hungry, weak, and in need of medical attention. Disoriented, she stumbles through a forest that seemed to go on for miles and miles. Never seeming to have an end. She walked until her legs could go no further. Yelping, Kohana's legs gave out but she made no move to stand when she fell. She couldn't even keep her eyes open. So there she laid on the forest floor. Attempting to find rest for the first time in five days total.

Last edited:
If she looked around, she would see a pair of glowing green eyes appear infront of her. A young man stepped out of the forest. There was a golden cirxlet around his head and his eyes were slightky dazed. He walked over and knelt beside her. After a few moments of looking her over for any wounds, he reached out to stroke her hair. He started to sing a lullaby soothingly to her. While he stroked her hair with one hand, he was reaching into a bag that was tied to the belt of his pants. He slowly pulled out a circlet like the one he wore.

Last edited:
By chance, there was a man also within the forest..the smell of a cooking fire could be picked up by a few miles. Settled down infront of it, leaning back on a tree and helping himself to cooked meat, deer he had hunted some fifty miles back. The man who looked in his early thirties, though scars and a pair of eyes who've seen alot of violence made him look a bit older in some lights. In a simple set of dirtied cloths, the miltary man was a survivor, he didn't know where he found himself, having no point of refence, he's just been spending the last week within the forest trying to find some civilization.

Last edited:
If she looked around, she would see a pair of glowing green eyes appear infront of her. A young man stepped out of the forest. There was a golden cirxlet around his head and his eyes were slightky dazed. He walked over and knelt beside her. After a few moments of looking her over for any wounds, he reached out to stroke her hair. He started to sing a lullaby soothingly to her. While he stroked her hair with one hand, he was reaching into a bag that was tied to the belt of his pants. He slowly pulled out a circlet like the one he wore.

When Danni first sees her, he would see a girl of eighteen. Dark brown hair matted with dirt, dry leaves, twigs, and dried blood. She looked beaten and bruised. Her knuckles were covered in dried blood and puncture wounds were barely visible on her arms at the elbows. Her pink lips were cut. And most of all, she carried a stab wound to her stomach. It was badly bounded with some of her torn clothing. But her most noticeable trait was the black cat ears and tail that she had. Both were red tipped.

It wasn't his touch that woke her. But the singing. She had followed his voice back to the small grasp of life she was trying to cling to. Opening her blue eyes, she had to blink them a bit to clear her vision. Coughing, she turns her head to face him and manages to see the faint shape of something gold. Something yellow...as her vision cleared she saw what it was. And she knew. Blue eyes widened as she weakly struggled to bring herself to a stand. Trying to push him and his hand away from her. "N-n-n-No!!!" She coughed. Spitting up blood as she clutched at her stomach. From her location, she could smell the cooking fire and knew help had to be close by. Hopefully. "HE-HELP!!"

Last edited:
By chance, there was a man also within the forest..the smell of a cooking fire could be picked up by a few miles. Settled down infront of it, leaning back on a tree and helping himself to cooked meat of rabbit he recently hunted was a man who looked in his early thirties, though scars and a pair of eyes who've seen alot of violence made him look a bit older in some lights. In a simple set of dirtied cloths, the miltary man was a survivor, he didn't know where he found himself, having no point of refence, he's just been spending the last week within the forest trying to find some civilization.

The man would be able to hear the slight mumbled lullaby from not far off. He might even catch the glint of a gold object.

As Kohana pushed him back, he fell over quite easily onto his rear. He would slowly get back up and come towards her, holding out the circlet to place on her head.

Last edited:
He hearing the singing and then heard the cry for help he stood up alert..part of him told him "don't get involved..you don't know what your getting into.." but mans conceince knew better..it'd keep him awake. With his choice made a pistol was drawn as he began to travel into the woods, his sidearm ready..walking towards the struggle he called out "Someone there?" he approched slowly the man making it to the clearing.

A young woman walked through the forest, her blond hair trailing behind her in two pigtails. Her bright blue eyes looking around before one of her bunny ears perked up at hearing the commotion. Curious, she ran in that direction.

The young man heard the other and stopped what he was doing. He looked in that direction, thenlooked back at Kohana. He started towards her again when he heard the sound of running footsteps. He stopped once more and looked around. If he was going to capture this girl for the master, he'd have to do it quick.

With the man distracted, Kohana found her burst of strength to get to her feet. She had to lean against a tree breathing heavily for a moment before she turned and ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She knew what that golden circles meant and who she would belong to if she couldn't get away. Daring a look back, she trips over up rooted tree roots and is sent sprawling to the forest floor with a cry of pain. Curling herself to a ball with a hiss, she puts pressure to the bleeding wound at her stomach and whispers as she suddenly felt sick. Why couldn't the forest stop spinning?

As he made it to the clearing he gave a sharp whistle to the gray haired man. Weapon trained on him "Stop where you are, hands where I can see em.." he spoke moving foward as his weapon was trained on Danni's head. "Leave the girl alone." he spoke he seeing the girl run, he taking after her he now making sure to put himself to defend the obviously wounded girl..weapon still aimed at Danni if he persued.

Last edited:
With the man distracted, Kohana found her burst of strength to get to her feet. She had to lean against a tree breathing heavily for a moment before she turned and ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She knew what that golden circles meant and who she would belong to if she couldn't get away. Daring a look back, she trips over up rooted tree roots and is sent sprawling to the forest floor with a cry of pain. Curling herself to a ball with a hiss, she puts pressure to the bleeding wound at her stomach and whispers as she suddenly felt sick. Why couldn't the forest stop spinning?

Usagi came across the girl first and bent down next to her. "Hey, are you alright?" She looked at the girl in concern.

He had started chasing her when she run. Seeing her trip, he was ready to pounce on Kohana when the other man got between them. Danni looked at the man with dull glazed eyes. He didn't drop the circlet, nor did he put his hands up. He seemed to study Jack for a long while, then turned his attention back on Kohana. He tried to step around Jack to get to the wounded girl. With the circlet still on his own head, he couldn't take orders from someone else even if he wanted to. He couodn't do anything without permission and right now his mission was to hunt down more rare slaves for his master. He wouldn't let anyone get in his way of doing that.

Usagi came across the girl first and bent down next to her. "Hey, are you alright?" She looked at the girl in concern.

Kohana opened her eyes and looked past her to the boy chasing her and the man trying to help. Shaking her head, she struggles to get back to her feet. "I...I have to...get...away..."

As Danni approching closer Jack would tense..Kid was young..barely over 25 and was not listening to him with a revolver trained at his head. There was a momentary hesntation as he approched, but within a moment a hand snapped foward to reached out to tug him close to Jack, a sharp thack with the butt of his pistol aimed to the side of the head to attempt to discourage his approch with stunning shot..if the blow would land, by chance the circlet would feel most of the blow, strong enough to damage, or even break it.

Kohana opened her eyes and looked past her to the boy chasing her and the man trying to help. Shaking her head, she struggles to get back to her feet. "I...I have to...get...away..."

Usagi helps her up gently and gasps at seeing the girl's wound. "Let me try to heal that for you first." She glanced to the two men then back to the girl. "Okay?"

As Danni approching closer Jack would tense..Kid was young..barely over 25 and was not listening to him with a revolver trained at his head. There was a momentary hesntation as he approched, but within a moment a hand snapped foward to reached out to tug him close to Jack, a sharp thack with the butt of his pistol aimed to the side of the head to attempt to discourage his approch with stunning shot..if the blow would land, by chance the circlet would feel most of the blow, strong enough to damage, or even break it.

He cried out as the hit conected. Though it did damage to the circlet, it still hurt. The circlet cracked, then broke. It was still on his head, but hanging losely. The young man's eyes went from focused to unfocused a couple of times before he reached up and tore the circlet away from his head. He tossed it away as if it were a snake, then looked around in confusion. "What's going on?Where am I?" He asked as he tried to get his barings. A small line of ecto was running froma cut on his head where the circlet had been hit and had in turn hit his head. He didn't seem to notice as his glowing green eyes moved over the people close by.

Usagi helps her up gently and gasps at seeing the girl's wound. "Let me try to heal that for you first." She glanced to the two men then back to the girl. "Okay?"

Kohana chanced another glance at the others before looking back to her with a reluctant nod. "Hu-Hurry!"

Looking behind the blonde girl, Kohana saw that the man who had helped her had broken the cricket over the boys head. He looked very confused and maybe even a little frightened. She wondered how much he remembered. Realizing she was staring, she blushes and looks away. Or tries to. But she had never seen someone's glow as eerily bright as his did. It intrigued her. But her focus on him was broken as she let loose a high pitched scream and struggled to push Serena away. "LIGHT HURTS! STOP! STOP!" She screamed. Her eyes watering as her tail fur frizzed and her ears pinned back as she kept screaming. Feeling even more sick than before.

Looks behind him seeing that the circlet is broke stepping back "..Alright..your paying attetion? Keep your distance..what do you want with the girl?" he asked breathing softly weapon trained on him still taking a breath as he looked back to him to the two girls "..wait what ar.." pauses a moment to see that she was healing her..taking a breath looking back to Danni...then hearing the scream he snapped back "..What happened?"

Looking behind the blonde girl, Kohana saw that the man who had helped her had broken the cricket over the boys head. He looked very confused and maybe even a little frightened. She wondered how much he remembered. Realizing she was staring, she blushes and looks away. Or tries to. But she had never seen someone's glow as eerily bright as his did. It intrigued her. But her focus on him was broken as she let loose a high pitched scream and struggled to push Serena away. "LIGHT HURTS! STOP! STOP!" She screamed. Her eyes watering as her tail fur frizzed and her ears pinned back as she kept screaming. Feeling even more sick than before.

Usagi frowned. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." Her hand stopped glowing. I'm so used to using that set of healing powers I have, I didn't think. Let me try something else, please?" Her bunny ears flattened and her eyes were apologetic

Usagi frowned. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." Her hand stopped glowing. I'm so used to using that set of healing powers I have, I didn't think. Let me try something else, please?" Her bunny ears flattened and her eyes were apologetic

When Usagi had stopped, Kohana coughed and looked at the blonde. Noting her bunny ears, she looks away and looks to the two men behind her. Coughing again, she closes her eyes and weakly nods to Usagi. Quickly losing consciousness.

Last edited:
Eyed Danni a few moments seeing he stopped before he walked towards the pair "..How bad is she?" he asked as he then moved closer to the pair..just now noting the cat and bunny ears on the pair..blinking a moment..a hand twiching as he was holding back the urge to pet such darling things..he kept focused and serious for the time..to make sure the wounded girl was safe.

When Usagi had stopped, Kohana coughed and looked at the blonde. Noting her bunny ears, she looks away and looks to the two men behind her. Coughing again, she closes her eyes and weakly nods to Usagi. Quickly losing consciousness.

Usagi focused again and this time, her hand took on a darker glow, a sort of negative energy being used to heal Kohana's wound efficiently, a contrast to the purity of the white energy Usagi had tried earlier." She looked to the man that had asked. "She's got quite the wound to her stomach."

Usagi focused again and this time, her hand took on a darker glow, a sort of negative energy being used to heal Kohana's wound efficiently, a contrast to the purity of the white energy Usagi had tried earlier." She looked to the man that had asked. "She's got quite the wound to her stomach."

"I hope you can treat it..I'm pretty sparse on any medical supplies beyond anything first aid..I got a camp set up a bit from here..can get her food and someplace warm and safe to sleep.." He spoke as he kept by the two defensivly, weapon out but lowered, Keeping eye on Danni.

Back