Republican complains people make money after leaving government

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
In what can only be described as a comment from another dimension, a Republican operative stated the reason people such as John Brennan should have their security clearances revoked is because of the money they make once they leave government service.

Let that sink in for a moment. A private citizen with vast knowledge is using that knowledge to make money, and that's a problem for Republicans.

Even better, the person he was talking with was an ex-CIA official who asked the question point blank to this hack, how much did he think the official was getting paid to offer advice to government advisory councils when asked?

The hack responded he meant in the consulting world, which is interesting because apparently this hack has no problem with all those Republican Senators, Representatives, their aides, and members of various Republican administrations who leave government and make money doing consulting work using their intact clearances.

This exchange was on top of the letter submitted by 60 ex-CIA officials who told the con artist he is weakening the country by threatening and penalizing people exercising their First Amendment right to free speech.

The letter, which comes after Trump's decision to revoke former CIA Director John Brennan's security clearance, was signed by former CIA officials who served under both Republican and Democratic administrations in positions such as analysts, senior analysts and officers.

"All of us believe it is critical to protect classified information from unauthorized disclosure," reads the statement from the former CIA officials. "But we believe equally strongly that former government officials have the right to express their unclassified views on what they see as critical national security issues without fear of being punished for doing so."​

"Our signatures below do not necessarily mean that we concur with the opinions expressed by former Director Brennan or the way in which he expressed them. What they do represent, however, is our firm belief that the country will be weakened if there is a political litmus test applied before seasoned experts are allowed to share their views."​

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/18/phil-mudd-paris-dennard-security-clearances-ac-vpx.cnn

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/17/politics/trump-security-clearances-former-cia-officials/index.html
 
The hack's name is Paris Dennard. He was President Bush's Director of Black Outreach, and unlike Trump's Omarosa, made no mark whatsoever.
 
Back
Top