~~~~~ A fallout in Medieval times~~~~check OOC to join.

Taujiel had an uneasy feeling as he rode into the camp again. From the many slavers charging towards him, his guess was that the whistle had sounded. He'll have to retreat to the capital, that was her crystal clear instruction.
Still yet Taujiel couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. Something had gone wrong, he could sense it.
"Hyah!" he yelled charging towards the approaching hordes, "embelzlem firagaz" he chanted. His right hand suddenly took on a flamy glow while his left held the rope. On nearing the slavers he pointed his hand towards them and fire erupted from them, burning and consuming the weak humans.
Passing the first phase he charged further into the camp, he caught sight of Catherine being dragged away by two large green creatures, Orcs he presumed. He jumped down from Ajax and drew his bow, "hey!" he shouted making the Orcs stop and turn to him.
He released the arrow and it went straight in between the helmet of one of the Orcs. Staright through the Orc's head.
 
Last edited:
Cathrina was dropped suddenly. Her vision was a blur as she felt her self land on cold rock once more. She had a glimpse of a body falling near her. Then another. She smelt smoke from the burning inn. She was to weak to move. She failed. She was either going to die or get captured.
 
With the two men now down, Taujiel rushed to her side. "Catherina! Hold on to me. Hold on to me." he begged, tears threatening to pour from his eyes.
With grace Taujiel lifted her up into his arms and hurried towards Ajax. As he was placing her on the horse, an arrow caught his side. Taujiel growled and nearly stumbled over. He removed the arrow and looked at its insignair. "Elvish." he confirmed. It would seem Noleon really had diversed soldiers. He climbed the horse and made for the exit.
Soon he was riding through the woods, losing his pursuers with the aid of Ajax's speed.
On reaching the wooden wall of the capital, the effect of the poison from the arrow finally outwieghed his will. He lost consciousness just as Morrigan and some other Firrans approached Ajax.
*****
Taujiel awoke to the beautiful arousing face of Catherine towering over him. He slightly rose from his now damped pillow and extended a hand to touch her fair face.
"You're okay?" he asked
 
Last edited:
Cathrina smiled faintly "Thanks to you I am, of course I should be abed but where's the fun in that". Her stomach completely wrapped in a cloth bandage. "The poison in you was fatal. If you didn't get here in time, we would have lost you" she reached her hand out and stroked a strand of gold like hair from his face. "There will be a celebration tonight, I have to go assemble the Firrans. And...eliminate the spy's." She looked down. Then looked back to his face. "Thank you".
 
"You don't have to thank me Cath. I did what i had to." he stared at her intently, her beauty made his will weak. "You're like a goddess. Beautiful, filled with grace and courage. A rare mix." he confessed then groaned as the pain from his side washed over him.
 
"You have a caring heart a will, kind, true..." She put a finger to his lips. "Get some more rest" she squeezed his hand and walked out of the building. Lining up all the gathered Firrans. She gathered the new Firrans. Counting 78. Morrigan used her magic to sense the lies. After all questioned only 4 were spies. The guards killed 3 but left one for Cathrina on her command. The man seemed very young like a boy and scared and was sobbing. Cathrina knelt down in front of the sobbing firran. She put her pointer finger under his chin and slowly brought it up. He looked down. Not wanting to look into her eyes. "Why?" She whispered. He choked out his response. "They were gonna hurt my family if I didn't-" his sobs interrupted his words. She cut his bounds behind his back, but he made no move to run. She stabbed him in the chest gently but quickly as to not cause to much pain. She layed him down the gravel gently. And he sobbed. She put his head in her lap. She stroked the boys forehead. He sons quieted as she sang him a lullaby her mother used to sing her. It was soft and soothing and his expression softened and was peaceful as embraced death. "Thank you" he whispered. And he died. Peaceful and no longer scared. She gently out his head on the gravel. She went into the abandoned castle. And cried herself into a slumber on the dead kings bed. Now hers.
 
Waking up again, he was greeted with the soft chill morning breeze and the playful giggling sounds of children. With his hand at his bandaged side, Taujiel strained to stand. He slurpily walked towards the open door.
The sight was beautiful, children running around while parents fixed one thing or the other. They were re-building their home and they did it in unity and oneness.
He made to step out but a voice from behind stopped him. He turned to see a Firran guard whose hand was already on his hilt.
"You're not allowed to leave absent Queen Catherina's orders." the guard said with contempt.
"I mean no harm, just to enjoy a little walk around."
The Firran scoffed. "You're an outsider, an elf like the ones in Noleon's command. You'll always do harm. I don't know what she sees in you but know that my eyes are on you."
Taujiel turned from the door and moved to the man, he removed his hand from his side and groaned as he stood straight toe to toe with the man. He'd not be intimidated. He felt someone at door
 
Last edited:
Cathrina leaned at the doorway, "Razdar, he can leave now" she looked at the two men putting pieces together. "And Razdar, you surly remember that without him I would be dead, yes?" He glared at Taujiel but looked to Cathrina and bowed "of course, your Highness, forgive me" Cathrina smiled, "Razdar you may go to the barracks and rest now." Razdar nodded and bumped Taujiel on the should purposely on his way out. Cathrina looked to Tuajiel "you must forgive him, they are not trustworthy of other races, none had helped them before so they hate them. They will learn in time." She held out her hand. "Walk?"
 
Taujiel ignored Razdar's attitude. He couldn't really blame the man though, anyone in his situation will do the same. What will really trigger him though is if Razdar had another reason for behaving the way he did.
"Ofcoures, i could do with it." he smiled, she really lightens his mind and brightens his heart.
He took her hand and she led him through the city. It wasn't as beautiful as Elfheim but it was more priceless. Its an ancient artifact about going out of existence; the capital of the Firrans, once a lustrous glorious city.
He knew everything now rested on her shoulders, the welfare of the Firrans, their provision and protection, the stability and progression of developments, everything was on her. He'll stand by her side and take the load with her, at least lessen her burden for she won't let him take it all.
"So do you have a way of communicating with the wolf clan in the desert?" he asked as they approached the garden.
 
Last edited:
"Im informed that there very hostile so I will need a group to accompany me. And that if we don't get to them in time someone else is going to try to get to them, for instance Rakarn. And since the humans are to ignorant to care about anything, Noleon will probably try as well." She sighed"I don't know why they would help us our chances of getting a alliance with them is slim."
 
"At least there are chances, no matter how slim. And if we fail to reason with him, we can appeal to his nature. I learnt wolves work in packs and every pack needs a leader, an alpha. Rakarn wishes to unite the beast races under one rule, his rule. And that means he'll be the ultimate alpha of the dogs. I just don't think that'll sit well with the current leader." Taujiel said aiming to set her mind her at peace. They were now at the garden and as a wood elf, the natural beauty of the plants and the sweet scent of earth made him relaxed. He breathed in the air, enjoying the subtle flavors on his tongue. Dust, growing buds, slight mildew, a walnut fragrance which brings to mind the image of antlers. Taujiel tried to pay attention to what she was saying but the mere scent from her hair was knocking at his senses. He wanted more than anything to tell her what he felt, "i love you Catherina.' but he couldn't, didn't want to destroy the relationship and trust he was building with her.
 
Last edited:
Cathrina continued to talk on the subject, but wasn't really paying attention to that. She had been thinking about Taujiel the whole time. Smart,kind, brave,handsome. And true. If he didn't care he would not be here with his waist bandaged. And she wouldn't be hear at all. He came back for her. She sighed. She new this was a beginning relationship, or she hoped it was. But she wanted to lay in his arms and fall asleep there more then anything. "Yeah so I was hopeing maybe you could come with? Or maybe you should stay cause of your wound..."
 
"The wound is not a problem. I heal fast, just tell me whenever you're ready to set out." he turned to face her and then gently took her hands.
"I know this people look up to you as their leader and queen. I know that their welfare and protection is your sole duty and responsibility. And i know that sometimes the load can get weighty and the days lonely but...i'm here, for you. Let me share your burden, share your pain, share your joy. Let me be there for you, if not as any thing as a friend."
 
Last edited:
Cathrina smiled. "Thank you Taujiel, for everything. If you would will it then I will let you take it, a little. And I hope..we can be more then friends." She looked into his eyes"We'll celebrate tonight, there will be feasting many were reunited with their family's today, I wish I could've seen their faces. In the morning we'll make our way to the desert. I'll bring a few of our soldier, Morrigan and then you'll be joining." She gestured to the castle. "I'm guessing the Firrans have gathered there already."
 
Last edited:
Yes he was definitely hoping they could be more than friends, but he couldn't outrightly tell the queen of the Firrans that he loved her and wanted them to be together when they have known each other for less than three days.
He took her hand and allowed her to lead him into the castle.
she took her seat at the head of a long cherrywood table, she motioned for him to seat by her right side, while Morrigan was at her left.
"This is ridiculous," an elderly man said standing up. "This man is not a Firran, he's an elf, an outsider and should not be allowed on the royal table." he complained his voice raised.
 
Last edited:
Cathrina stood instantly, wanting to walk over and hit the man. But regained her composure. And temper. "And yet this feast would not be hosted if it were not for him, without him you wouldn't have made it out alive, if I did not get there in time." Her claws digging into the wood. Morrigan tapped her arm and nodded. Cathrina relaxed. "Remember that." She then yelled "Let the celebration begin!" It was amazing. Firrans came in and started to dance, Lutes, drums and flutes were being played, while dinner was being cooked, tables were set up to dine when the food was ready, Cathrina marveled on how happy they all looked.
 
The sight was intriguing, beautiful, mind blowing, mind soothing. They were just enough terms to describe it. The joy, the harmony and the hope he saw in the eyes of the Firrans as they danced, drank and ate. He'd have that smile on their faces remain, linger a long time if not forever. There and Then Taujiel realised he was loving this people more than he expected and now he wasn't no longer protecting them for the forest sake or....he turned to Catherina and smiled warmly....or for her sake. No it was more deeper now.
He sipped the sweet berry wine in his cup then whispered to her, "would my lady be shamed if a humble foreigner ask her to the dance?"
 
Last edited:
"My pleasure!" Morrigan exclaimed , standing sarcastically. Catarina lightly hit her arm and laughed. "Of course" Cathrina said and smiled filling standing up with Taujiel. And they began to dance a fast dance. Matching with the music. He was a great dancer, as was she.
 
"The way you move..." he said moving around her in time to the rhythm. "....like a unicorn that never breaks strides. Each step carried with grace and certainty...." he paced from her in line with the tone. "....and a face lit up with joy like the never quenching flames of the sun." Taujiel fed her peotry as they danced.
 
Last edited:
Cathrina followed his lead with grace, "the poetry... It's beautiful Taujiel." As he twirled her.
 
"Yes and for one more deserving." he replied.
The music ended with she in his arms, heart beating faster and sweat dripping down both their bodies.
He was gazing into her eyes, mesmerized by what he saw, slowly his lips drew closer to hers, gradually she leaned forward to accept his until....
"hmmm" Morrigan cleared her throat. Remembering they were in front of an audience Taujiel backed away.
"Thank you for the night Catherina, it was wonderful. One that has taught me something and shall not be forgotten anytime soon. I'll just retire to the river upfront to wash up before sealing the day with sleep."
 
Last edited:
Cathrina blushed slightly, "thank you, I had a great time with you tonight, I think I will retire to my chambers now" she bowed and walked out of he room. Feeling tired and very tired and joyful.
 
Cathrina returned to her quarters, meanwhile at the river two Firrans discussed an assassination, "Your sure nothing will go wrong?" The old Firran asked.

"Positive, Aela and Lyle will accomplish, remember, Aela is wise, and witty, Lyle is only a boy, The queen has a soft heart for children. Aela should be in Cathrina's quarters now, the plan is this: Aela will offer her food with Lyle, while they talk, Lyle will slip behind Cathrina and into the closet, where there is a secret hatch, After Aela leaves, Cathrina will sleep, and while she sleeps Lyle will take a poisoned dagger and stab it into her chest, the poison will kill her in seconds."

"I suppose, are you sure we should assassinate her? After all she's done for us?"

"Of course! I will not standby whilst a wood elf! I mean a wood elf! Sits near her throne! And she allows it! I can't wait to see her in a coffin."

"Alright, alright, let's just go back okay?"

The old one grumbled but began to make his way with the other Firran, back to the town.
 
Back
Top