Thar be Zombies in dem dere hills IC

"Sounds like some superstitious fairytale these whale fuckers tell each other to make sure they have some company in their hammocks at night." The sargent says, spitting onto the pirates boot.

"The Sheriff and Marshal stood there not sure whether or not he was telling the truth. IT was widly known that Arrow was an outright liar. So they didn't even know if he was at the hunting cabin or just making something up to scare them.

Captain Albano scratched his beard. "Keep him here, fo now. In case I have more questions, I'll know where to find him." If you're telling the truth, I'm prepared to get you amnesty for all your crimes, provided you leave the territory, come spring, and never come back." The Captain turns and leaves, the Sargent following close behind. THe sheriff heads out to check on the fortifications that were being erected, and the Marshal stood there looking at the prisoners.
 
With the captain not keeping to his word, (okay he was still alive) and leaving him still in the cell, Arrow decided to make his own escape. He paced the cell trying to think up a plan but none came till he became thirsty.
He cursed under his breath as he approached the bars. "Yea me friend is one of the few beautiful men left walking this pathethic ground called earth. And i'm sure the kindest. I'm damn thirsty. Please." he begged the marshall sincerly.
 
Reaching his hand out, Steele grabbed the dipper from the water bucket and handed it to the Pirate.

Turning to Jesse James, he asks "What od you wnat for your last meal?"

without missing a beat, Jesse James says "Anything from the Parker House in Boston."

"Okay wise guy hard tack it is" Steele responds and turns to leave.
 
(Sorry it's been a while since I posted, I've been without inter et)

After striking his deal with the captain of the cavalry Jack was on his way to the saloon when he had heard the shooting. He listened as what had happened was reported then made his way into the marshall's office. "Marshall, sheriff." He took a long pull from his flask and offered it to them as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it with the other hand, "I seen the body and heard what happened to the sergeant. Ya'll ever hear stories o' the wendigo?"
 
"Well, I don't know if they're real as I've never seen one myself, but some tribes speak of it. They say that when a man eats the flesh of another man, for whatever reasons, it taints his soul. Warps him into some kinda monster that devours the flesh of man but can never seem sate his hunger. The stories vary but they say it'll drag you at such high speeds your feet burst into flames and burn off or itll swoop down and fly off with ya. But they always say that when the wendigo finishes with you you'll turn into one as well eventually. Maybe that dead soldier out there got caught in the snows, ran out of provisions and after a while decided his buddies started looking mighty tastey, I have no idea, but I do know ya'll pumped him full of lead more an any other person I and he ain't dropped and he took a bite out of your sergeant. Might be something to them stories after all. 'Course I could just be a drunken, superstitious half-breed also."
 
"SHit if it wasn't for what I saw at the Docs place I say yer full of campfire hogwash." He spits into a nearby spitoon, "But Doc says the trooper was dead, and the Sgt, well he ain't one of 'em, at least not yet."

The next morning a crowd had gathered at the gallows to see Jesse James (not that one) hung for his crimes. Mashall Steele and his deputies lead him out of the jail house, with 5 troopers as an escort. No one expected any trouble, but everyones nerves were on edge. The story about the trooper attacking Sgt. Slaughter had made it into every ear in town and with every telling, it just got more fantastic.

The preacher said his prayers and the judgement was read as the noose was tested to make sure it would break its victims neck cleanly. All too soon Jesse James was standing on the trap door, the noose around his neck, with the rope running up behind his left ear. There was a great silence until the trap door opened.

Everything slowed to a crawl, Jesse James seemed to defy gravity for a split second, then fell like a sack of potatoes several feeet until the rope was taut, then Jesse James was jerked back up and everyone heard the snap when his neck broke.

When the body stopped dancing from the momentum, the crowd slowly dispersed. The MArshall, deputies, DOc and undertaker all worked together to get the body in the ground. The corpse was put in the prepared coffin, and loaded into a wagon whic was driven over to the towns cemetary. When they got to the boneyard, The undertaker out of habit connected a piece of string to the Dead man finger. Resealing the pine box, it was unceremoniously dumped into the prepared hole and several of the town drunks started filling in the hole having been promised 2 bits each for the unpleasant task.

The Marshall went back to the jailhouse and told his deputies to check on the preperations. As he wanted to check on the other prisoner. As he hung up his hat and guns, he started to hear a commotion outside. Ignoring it, he headed into the jail...
 
Mark was happily sitting in his cozy little house beside the towns cemetery. Most people thought it strange that he had chosen to live in the place but it suited his needs and it had been given to him free when he had moved here. It had not taken him long to fix it up and now it was just as he liked it. He also liked this town. He had come here at the first rumors of them hitting it big and set up shop. He was an undertaker and there was nothing better for business than a new strike of gold.

Sure enough the town had quickly grown and gotten rich, but along with that had come all the fighting and deaths. He had been busy ever since and indeed he was getting rich without having to dig in the ground for his riches. Now however after seeing that creature in the fort he was glad he had just had to bury a straight hanging victim today. Tying that cord to the bell on his finger had been but a habit. There had been no doubt the bastard was dead and was now dining with the devil.

He was just about to turn down his lantern and head to bed when he heard it, the faint ringing of a bell. No it was impossible. There was no possible way it could be happening. he strapped on his two six shooters and grabbed his Winchester rifle and picking up his lantern he set off for the new grave.

It only took him a few minutes and as he got closer the noise of the bell got louder and louder. Finally he spotted the new dirt and then he saw the bell. It was hopping around like mad on its little hook and the string leading into the grave was moving in hard jerking movements. Mark sat stunned for several moments before getting up and running for the jail. Damned if he was going to deal with this. Let the Army boys decide what needed to be done about it. His job ended when he put them in the ground.
 
Arrow groaned loudly and exasperatedly as Marshal Steele came into view. He had been waiting for the moment when Jesse James blickering eyes will sway from his cell, so he can pick the lock on his wrist. Now Jesse had a companion, Marshal Steele.
Hiding the small pin-like instrument back into his sleeve, Arrow looked up at the sherrif with a wide toothy grin.
To Wind Shiver-me everything was a joke. Every situation is nothing but a big comedy.
"Ya know mate. Ye might think me skin deserve to rot in this hole and me neck worthy of the ropes, what ye just don't know is that this" he started and as usuall had a little swagger stagger to his movement. "All this is one huge favor. At least 'em bars are sturdy enough to hold at bay those skin munchers when they get to town."
 
Last edited:
A hige commotion outside drew Capt. Albanos attention, and he ran outside to see what the fuss was. Someone all he heard was there was a dead ringer in boot hill. Yelling for his men he told them to get up to boot hill to dig up whoever it was. Then mounting his horse he headed up that way to see what was going on.
 
Mark had made it to the fort but no one at the gate had believed him. Frankly he didn't blame them,I mean this sort of thing just didn't happen. It was campfire legend stuff, things told to frighten new recruits and greenhorns late at night. Heck it was only a Undertakers backup and caution that made him set up the bell in the first place. The same kind of stories of a friend of a friend that had buried a man that was still alive.

He had kicked up a hell of a fuss though that a corporal had been called, then a Sargent and finally the noise must have woken up the Captain. He had ordered a group of men up to boot hill to investigate and that was that as far as Mark was concerned. of course the Captain had other ideas and ordered him to accompany them. After all he knew exactly where the body was. Mark groaned but knew better than to disobey, so on a borrowed horse he set off back up the hill to the bloody grave and that accursed ringing.
 
Finally the diggers found the coffin and started to lift it from the ground. Soon it was on teh surface and the lid was pried open and Jesse James was moving, but it was obvious to everyone he was dead.

Suddenly he jumped at Capt Albano who kicked him in the gut, and a nearby cowboy used his lasso and they quickly tied him up.

"Get him to the Jail and put him in a cell, then get the doc to look at him" The Capt ordered as he ordered his men to help get the...whatever it was safely to the prison, and to stand guard on it.

That evening The Mayor called all the men in town to a meeting.

"The Doc determined that Jesse James was indeed dead, as was the Trooper that came out of the pass yesterday. Arrow who was until recently a prisoner in our town jail has a theory about what's going on. Arrow tell these fine people what we're up against." Capt Albano said releasing the landlocked pirate from his restraints.
 
"Aye" Arrow agreed, happy to be finally free to wriggle his wrists. When the captain had ordered him out of the cell, he was expecting to be put into a carriage then driven through the almost snowy tracks to London. Ofcourse they would've arrived to find the cell empty.
"Aye!" he repeated. "Me legs were strolling on the field that eerie night. When me eyes beheld the skin muncher. Hmm, the skin muncher, his skin was as pale as the scruvvy souls under David Jones locker, his footfalls slow like the blind tortoise of Barneecur Bob Bruggit and oh his gaze, death itself. And it came, slowly, stalkingly, he approached em deer skinners cabin and when one of em came out, he grabbed him and mawed on him. Ate him up." Arrow paused and stared at the terrified faces of the people, he had enjoyed their little gasps of fright, now it was time to end the tale. Arrow clicked his tongue. "That's nothing folks, for the skin muncher was a friend of mine, Mark. And when i last saw him, he was being dragged away by the red men"
 
Last edited:
"Hogwash"

"Greenhorn fairy tales"

"I smelled better bull shit"

were just some of the things being yelled out after he finished his story. But the sound of the crowd was more like people trying to convince themselves that the story was untrue, not of disbelief.

Capt Albano could see the fear in peoples eyes and knew that things were going to get really bad before they got better.
 
Back
Top