How to know if he's interested?

Where online did you meet this guy? Lit, another adult site or forum, dating site, hobby, etc.?

Have you video chatted yet?

How long have you been talking privately?

How far apart are you two?
 
You don't have any cruel brothers or sisters do you?
 
I think it's kinda refreshing that he's like this, but I can't fuck someone who's not an interesting conversationalist online or in person. Even if we're going to have sex, that's not necessarily what I want to talk about all the time. *shrug*
 
Where online did you meet this guy? Lit, another adult site or forum, dating site, hobby, etc.?

Have you video chatted yet?

How long have you been talking privately?

How far apart are you two?

We've not video chatted. We've been chatting privately for about 2 months? We met in a dating site. He was on there first then I joined and I didn't even have a picture. I'm pretty sure I'm not being catfished.
 
We've not video chatted. We've been chatting privately for about 2 months? We met in a dating site. He was on there first then I joined and I didn't even have a picture. I'm pretty sure I'm not being catfished.

I wondered about the site you met on because while I'd expect sex to come up within a couple of months of talking if you met him on an adult or dating site, my expectations would probably be different if you'd met him on a hobby forum or online game.

I'd imagine it'd be wise to video chat sooner rather than later. Yeah, you can make sure you're not being catfished, but also see if there's a connection while you're looking at each other's faces and get a better sense of his personality and such.

Have you tried to gently steer the conversation toward relationships and sex? If not, maybe that's worth a try after you Skype.
 
In the world beyond digital - the real life world - that old fashion one - an interest in someone would come with a request to catch up in person. "Would you be interested in catching up for a coffee?" or "Can I take you out for a meal?" go for a walk, go out dancing.

You are not truly going to get a knowledge of a person until you meet - simple. Request a catch up somewhere public. One half hour spent over a coffee will give you far more insight of compatibility than hours upon hours of online uncertainty.

If the person shies away from a meeting then they are not sincere in their ongoing communication with you.
 
I've been talking to this guy online and he seems very interested. He wants to meet. He makes an effort to email me every day. Seems nice. But he never wants to talk about sex. Like he's embarrassed. Wth? I'm starting to wonder if he's 12 or gay or just not attracted to me. Maybe he's incredibly vanilla. I dunno which would be worse honestly.

I don't think it's inappropriate to wait until you've actually met to bring up sex. Truthfully, I would be more concerned about the likelihood of an actual relationship if that was the focus of his conversation with someone he'd not yet met in person. He has suggested to you that he wants to meet. He contacts you every day that he can. I think an equally valid question would be, are you willing to meet him if there is no promise of sex or if it was left undecided while you dated for a little while?
 
On a first date do you talk about sex sitting over dinner? I don't. Why should online dating be different? Ok if we are on here I get it, we are wanting to talk about sex (usually) but maybe he is a sweetheart and simply wants to get to know you and for you to know him.

That or he's a serial killer that wants to lure you in with this nice guy persona. Be safe, and use your head and enjoy the fun of a new relationship. :)
 
bbw_cutie1983 have you attempted to initiate sex talk or talk of sex? Maybe he views his dialogue as respectful. Does he fear rejection for heading down that path? If you don't ask or initiate you may never find out that he may be the most hot blooded lover to ever appear.

Online communication is devoid of much that face to face will pick up on an instant. Negotiate sex after you meet. If he won't meet then it indicates he prefers masturbating in solitude. It is a dating site - people are supposed to meet up aren't they? If it is a hook up site, however, then you perhaps should expect sex talk from the first communication. If that is what you want then maybe you are on the wrong site.
 
I never initiate sex talk or sex anything till I get a sense of the woman's hygiene and grooming. There are some nasty girls out there.
 
I've been talking to this guy online and he seems very interested. He wants to meet. He makes an effort to email me every day. Seems nice. But he never wants to talk about sex. Like he's embarrassed. Wth? I'm starting to wonder if he's 12 or gay or just not attracted to me. Maybe he's incredibly vanilla. I dunno which would be worse honestly.

He's not interested, and neither are you.
 
Back
Top