Is It Really That Good? (closed)

Jake frowned at her reply. It had taken a while for her to get back to him. He figured she was busy doing something and hadnt seen the phone buzz until later. He shrugged and grabbed up his phone and sent her another message: "im sorry that sux. You could sneak to my room and watch some.movies if you want. I have quite the collection lol :)"

He hit send and turned back to his game. It was just a suggestive comment, if she was bored he would be more than willing to hang with her and keep her company. Though he wondered why she didnt ask her boyfriend to come over or something? Jake answered his own thought by figuring Jason was out fucking Brandy again. That was the biggest thing that threw Jake off. Debbie didnt date other guys but she seemed to ignore the fact that Jason was fucking everyone he could. It wasnt even like it was a campus secret either.

Debbie should return the favor and screw around on Jason, Jake thought. Hell she could have any guy she wanted after all, all she needed to do was ask and anyone would be on top of her in a heartbeat.
 
"Oh..." Debbie let out. Jake had just invited her to go hang out with him after having spent the afternoon together... She wasn't expecting that just as she hadn't expected to feel glad that he invited her! Maybe she should go!

Nobody would see, Jason wouldn't know - but what if Jason knew? Everyone knew he fucked around and if he left her for being unfaithful, he would be the joke! She needed a shoulder and a pair of available ears, so Jake was the perfect friend.

She quickly grabbed her handbag, car keys and jacket. She called Jack to ask his address and what exactly "sneaking on" meant. Were his parents against him having friends in his bedroom?
 
Jake was surprised to hear his phone ring but answered it quickly once he saw it was Debbie calling. "Hey Debbie! You're coming? Great. Okay i live on Scamore drive it behind the...oh yeah you know it, i am the house on the end. Sneaking on? Who put that? I....errr typo. I swear. No my parents dont care their room is on the second floor. They are just a little....well excitable. If they see you they will pounce on you and ask you a bunch of embarrassing questions and we dont need to have you deal with that nonsense." He smiled, unbelievably excited that she was coming. "Okay when you get here I have the window on the right side. Ill have it open so just come on in."

He said goodbye and quickly began darting around his room. He cleaned up all his clothes, he made his bed. He grabbed a bottle of Fabreeze and sparyed the shit out of everything. Then he made sure there was nothing like dirty magazines or anything lying around.

He settled down just in the nick of time as he heard a car pull up outside and he jerked open his window. He watched Debbie get out of her car and he whistled and waved at her as she came over. "Hey glad you could make it." He told her, holding out his hand and helpping her into the room. He stepped back but stumbled back and they ended up tumbling to the floor with Debbie landing heavilly on top of him.

He gasped for breath and said, "Shit are you alright?" Though he had to say she felt just fine on top of him, he wouldnt dare say that outloud.
 
Debbie didn't really mind answering parents questions. Parents usually liked her, she was responsible, polite and a good student. If Jake, however, didn't want her seeing his parents, she wouldn't push him.

She found Jake's house quickly and he was nice enough to help her in. She ended up falling on top of him but it didn't hurt. He was sweet to ask if she was alright."Oh, sure, I'm fine... you're comfortable!" She giggled. She soon realized that was a little too forward and blushed while hurrying to get up.

The room was nice, not too big and cleaner than any boy's room she had been to. It also smelled pretty nice, which was uncommon for a guy's place. No smell of food or dirty laundry. She liked Jake even more for that.

"So, what sort of movies do you have? I'm ok with whatever you choose." And she was. All she wanted was company, no matter what movie they watched.
 
Jake blushed a bit when she teased him that he was comfortable. He sat up and watched her glance around his room, she seemed to be impressed by it which was something good. "Well anytime you wanna lay on me, that's fine. I don't mind being a pillow, so long as you watch where you throw your knees." He winced, as he stood, it had taken him a moment to feel it, but her knee had definately clocked him in the nuts.

He gestured to the bookcase he had against the wall that served as his movie library. He had collected nearly 1000 movies and had them all set up in alphabetical order. "I have a selection bigger than Blockbuster. And besides you are the guest in my house now, you get to pick the movie." He assured her smiling.

As she looked at his movies Jake turned to his flat screen TV mounted just opposite of his bed so that he could watch while lying down and switched the input signal to his Xbox which he doubled as his DVD player. He took out the game he had been playing last and set it carefully back in it's case, then he turned back toward Debbie.

"What do you feel like? Comedy, Action, Horror, Romance, BROmance, Sci-Fi?" He asked.
 
Debbie blushed when she realized her knee was between Jake's legs. She quickly turned to the bookcase with the movies so that he wouldn't see her embarrassment. Romance was out of the question, it was too intimate to share with a new friend. Though why would a straight guy have romance movies around? Comedy wasn't really a good choice either: Jason loved silly, dirty teenager comedies and Debbie hated them, pretending to laugh just to keep him happy.

"Maybe Sci-Fi? That way you can explain me something I don't understand?"

She picked a movie and handed it to Jake. While he put it on the DVD player, she sat in his bed and made herself comfortable, taking time to arrange some pillows for Jake by her side.
 
Jake chuckled and took the DVD from the case. "I don't really think there is any explaining this one. The movie comes up with it's own explanation that is so far and away from any kind of sense. One of those movie where you just watch and enjoy." He put the movie in the Xbox and grabbed the remote before he headed to lay next to her in the bed.

He got comfortable on the bed, making her he was not against her. He didn't want her to think he was a perv or something, just trying to touch her or something like that. Once he was in place and settled he hit the play button and "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" began. The movie was not a comedy despite the title, in fact it was more of a horror film than sci-fi. But the thing was so cheesy there was no way it was scary in any way. The clowns kill people by turning them into cotton candy and then sucking it down. The way the humans fight back is they figure out that you can only kill the clowns by popping their noses. Once the nose pops the clowns explode in a shower of gory candy.

As the movie played, Jake started to feel her body heat warming him up. It wasn't unpleasant in any way, and he never started to feel too hot. Her warm was comforting, and as they lay there he seriously started to want a girlfriend of his own. The only that could make watching the movie any better was if she snuggled against him, but that was far to intimate of a thing wasn't it?
 
"Ewwww" Debbie said as one of the clowns turned into sticky gore. She never really liked clowns, they made her antsy. The second time a clown died, she felt the urge of hiding her face behind her hands. The third time a clown perished, she couldn't take it anymore.

She cuddle up to Jake, seeking protection, scared to admit that the movie, though silly, scared her a lot. She grabbed Jake's arm with a little too much strength but she was cautious not to dig her bright pink nails into his flesh.
 
Jake got very still as she pressed against him. Her hands grabbed his arm and she pulled herself against it. She couldn't possibly be scare at this stupid film right? Why was she shifting against him? He didn't understand it, but what he did understand was as she snuggled against his arm, he could feel her breasts against his shoulder. That was what really made him go still. If he shifted, he might be accused of just wanting to feel her breasts.

When the movie ended Jake hit the button to stop the DVD so it wouldn't have to play through the credits. He smiled and glanced at Debbie, "So what did you think?" He asked her, "Pretty silly right?" He found himself looking into her beautiful eyes and felt his heart speed up again. His throat felt thick and hard to swallow. Why was he so nervous? She was a taken woman, nothing was going to happen.
 
She noticed Jake going very still. She wasn't hurting him, she was sure. Maybe he was scared of the movie too?

"I... Yeah, it was fun. Actually, please don't laugh. I feel so silly... It's just that I sort of hate clowns... They scare the hell out of me." She giggled nervously. How lame was that, Debbie thought. A grown woman, afraid of a stupid movie. "Uhm... That'll be our secret though, right?"

She desperately wanted to ask him to keep their time together a secret as well, but how to do that without hurting his feelings?
 
Jake couldn't help but laugh, which caused him to shift against her. He rolled toward her a little so he could look at her and smiled, "You're scared of clowns so you pick a movie called Killer Clowns?" He smirked, "Tell me something honestly Debbie..."

He flexed his arm, showing off small but toned biceps. "You just wanted to grab on me." He winked, "Come on admit it." He teased.

He raised his hand in a swear and said, "I swear your secret is safe with me. Say you wanna go to the circus next week. I bet your favorite clowns will be there." He teased. Though he was teasing he was being completely lite hearted about it all. There was no mocking tone in his voice, he was simply having fun with her and that was all there was too it.
 
Debbie tried not to laugh too loud, she didn't want Jake's parents coming to see what was going on. Even if Jake was making fun of her, she felt comfortable around him.

"No, I don't want to go to the circus, you'll think I'm asking you out just to snuggle up to you!" She winked back. The truth was, though, that Jake was very comfortable as a pillow. She had landed on him and she had basically cuddled up to him so she could tell.

"So, Jake" She said in a slightly more serious but still playful tone "what is your secret? You know, so we're even."
 
Jake blinked and looked at her, the smile dropping from his face. "Secret? My secret...wait a second my secret is way more embarrassing than a fear of clowns, that's not fair at all." He told her, shaking his head. She didn't say anything, she simply looked at him and he chewed his lip.

Finally he sighed and said, "Okay so you have something on me. Those kisses on the cheek you gave me, and this snuggling thing....This is as far as I've ever gotten....you know with a girl." He told her.

Why he outright just told her something way beyond what he needed to he didn't know. But it wasn't like his virginity was a big surprise. Nobody even talked to him at school let alone a girl talking to him. Debbie was the most female attention he had ever gotten outside of his mom and that shit didn't count.
 
"So... hold on... you're telling me you're a virgin? Oh, wow... I knew there are boys in the virginity club, but I had no idea they actually kept the vow..." She said, still not very comfortable talking about sex. "Uhm... is your family one of those strict catholic families or are you just waiting for someone special?" Debbie stammered, trying to turn her surprise into interest.
 
Jake laughed, "What!? No! No no no, come on. Nothing like that. I am not saving myself for Mrs. Right or anything like that. Debbie I'm a fucking nerd. You know it and I know it. Girls don't like nerds. Just the way it goes, I mean I could probably be a little more social but honestly being social terrifies me." He shook his head, "No I figure by keeping a low profile, I am less of a target for assholes like...well frankly, like Jason to fuck with me."

He sighed, "I know it doesn't help me get a girlfriend or anything like that, but I would rather be alone than have to deal with jerks all day at school." He looked back at her, "You've actually helpped me a bit though, talking to you has brought me out of that shell I live in quite a bit. So that's awesome."
 
Some girls liked nerds. She liked smart guys and just as she and Jake could become and were becoming friends, another girl could end up falling in love with him.

"Yeah, you really shouldn't let the boys find out you haven't... You know..." She said gently "They'll give you even a harder time for not having at least a booty call or something. Jason really is the sort of guy who" Debbie was interrupted by her phone. Thinking that maybe it could be her mother calling, she picked it up without checking the caller's ID.

On the other side of the line she heard a woman's voice. It wasn't her mother's voice but she got scared nonetheless. They were unmistakable moans of a woman being having sex. She quickly looked at the caller's ID and saw that the call came from Jason's phone. She couldn't believe it. She looked at Jake, seeking some reassurance, some explanation the poor guy couldn't give because he wasn't even aware of what she was listening to. She heard Jason's voice next. "I love you. I don't love my girlfriend, it's you that I love. Baby, let me fuck that little cunt."

Debbie couldn't move. She couldn't speak, she couldn't end the call. She stood there, sure that the phone must have been pressed against something and that it made an unwanted call to her number. She knew Jason went to bed with every girl and quite a few older, married women in town, but hearing it was too much to bear.
 
Jake smiled as she tried to comfort him. It was all alright, he would get through high school and go to college where girls liked the smarter guys, or so he heard. He was really just looking forward to getting out of high school, it basically sucked and the education was too easy for him. All in all it didn't have very many redeeming qualities.

Debbie's phone rang and Jake shifted over so she could grab it. She answered it with a pleasant hello, but after a moment Jake saw her face drop. Her expression just went flat like something was happening very bad on the other end of the line.

"Debbie? Hey Debbie what is it?" He asked her sitting up as if he could jump to her rescue or something. She didn't answer him, she kept listening to the phone, not saying anything. "Debbie? Hey what's going on? What's wrong?" He asked her gently putting a hand on her shoulder as if trying to bring her away from the phone.
 
"It's a call from Jason's phone." She said, as quietly and as calmly as she could. She passed Jake her phone and looked away. She wanted to cry for a month, she wanted to find Jason and trash his car since she couldn't trash him. She wanted to run, she wanted to stay with Jake, get under his bed covers and disappear.

Jason fucked everything that remotely resembled a human female. There were stories of him fucking some of his team mate's mothers and sisters, some stories even said that that had happened at the same time. He had the reputation of being a stud and guys all around admired and respected him for that. It was no secret, even Debbie's parents seemed to know it.

Despite all that, Debbie was shocked.
 
Jake didn't understand why a call from her boyfriend would be bad. Then he remembered all the rumors that circled around Jason and what kind of shit he did. Jake was able to piece together the phone call and the look on Debbie's face that Jason's phone calling her had probably been a big accident. Which meant Jason was probably fucking someone while the phone let Debbie listen in on all of it.

That was definately fucked up, but he didn't understand why Debbie was surprised about it. Everyone knew about Jason's sexual exploits, and he had assumed that Debbie knew as well. The look on her face said that she had not believed it, or chose to ignore it so long as it wasn't shoveled into her face. Yet a misdialed phone at the wrong time was all that she needed to have some very stinky shit pressed right against her nose.

Jake didn't know what to say. He licked his lips and slumped on the bed, "Debbie...I...Look I'm sorry. Jason is a bad dude." He winced. HE didn't want to openly talk shit about Jason, not in front of Debbie this soon after what had happened, and not until she started shitting on him first. "Can I help you with anything?" He offered.
 
"I knew Jason slept around. I mean, who doesn't, right? But it seemed so perfect, highschool volley female team captain, best football player in the state... the type of couple people want to see and look up to, you know? I don't love him, I haven't felt anything for him in the longest time. But I just heard him having sex with someone else and telling her that he loves her and not me is just too much. I always chose to ignore it, but I don't think I have it in me to do it now!" Debbie confided in Jake, her new friend. She told him things she never told Brandy, her so-called best friend. Rumor had it they slept together often, too, but Brandy was Jason's female equivalent so that might very well be true.

"I'm surrounded by lies and fake friends." She said. Debbie re-positioned herself so that she was now lying on Jake's bed, propped up on one elbow. She looked nowhere, she looked a little lost as if her world was crumbling around her.
 
Jake felt a pang of sadness in his gut for her. She was living this perfect life, everything going for her, great boyfriend, great volleyball career, great looks. But the perfect life was really the perfect lie. It was like everything around her was fake and crafted to look better to outsiders than it ever actually was. Jason was a cheating scum sucking shitbag, Debbie's friends probably talking wicked shit about their "relationship" too.

He couldn't imagine what that must be like. Having to put on such a pretense to hold up images for people who didn't even fucking matter. He looked at her and shook his head, "I can't even imagine what that must be like for you. I'm sorry." He sighed, "I guess now you could always try getting into video games. Nobody makes fun of you in a game, nobody cheats, nobody cares." He sighed, "I've always kind of saw it as a good escape from everything. Everyone talks about how they wished they could be good-looking and popular or famous or something like that, but it isn't what people think is it?"

He laid beside her, staring up at his ceiling. "Maybe you should rock the boat. Reveal Jason for the guy he is to the entire school. Shatter the veil of popularity and change that school forever. Fuck doing what people expect Debbie, be with someone you want to be with because they want you too, tear down the curtain and make the popularity whatever you want it to be, instead of letting it control what you do."
 
"Exposing Jason is just plain silly, Jake. Everybody know what he does and who he does it with and people respect him even more for that." She said. "Maybe what I should do is get even!" She said, giggling in an attempt to brush her stress away. "As for doing what people want... I'll be out of highschool soon. In college I can start over, you know?"

"So, got any friends to introduce me to? And make them nice and handsome such as yourself!" Debbie said, winking and telling one more lie, this time to herself, about how Jason's actions affected her.
 
Jake shook his hand and waved his hands in the air. "No getting even would take you way too long. I mean you'd have to sleep with every guy in school, or most of them at least and you don't wanna do that." He said in a joking manner. Then he jerked his head toward her and looked at her, "Hey wait a second did you just call me handsome?" He asked her in disbelief.

"See you are upset now and not thinking clearly because I am definately not handsome." He told her with a smirk, "I don't really have many friends, except for online sadly. So looks like you are stuck with me. But never fear Debbie you can come over and hang out with me, hiding out with big nerdy Jake as much as you want." He told her with a smile.
 
Debbie laughed. Jake was right, she didn't want to sleep with the whole school. "But I think you're handsome. And I'd very much like to hide out with you. I like you, you seem like a nice guy. Different from all my friends at school." Debbie said.

Jake's presence usually kept her from feeling lonely, but a certain sadness was coming over her in that moment. In an attempt to run and hide from it, she cuddled up to him. She didn't really know what had gotten into her, but there she was, in Jake's bed, cuddling up to him, hugging him tightly and looking up into his eyes, searching shelter from the world.
 
Jake smiled, she was being nice to him. He didn't think he was a good looking guy in any respect. He wasn't gross looking either, he just didn't feel like he was anything special one way or the other. When Debbie snuggled against him, he did nothing put his arms around her and let her lay against him. She needed a friend right now, someone outside her normal circle and he was the only one that qualified in that moment.

If someone told him he would be laying in his bed with Debbie McCalister he never would have believed it. Yet things had just kind of snowballed from the day she spoke with him in the school hallway. He went from knowing nothing about her, to comforting her alone in his bedroom. He was sorry things went the way they did for her. IF he had a choice he would not have had such shit happen to her. She didn't deserve the kind of treatment that had been given to her.

"It's alright Debbie. I am your friend. I am your friend and I don't care if you are popular or not. I only care that you take showers so you don't stink up my room." He teased, sticking his tongue out at her.
 
Back
Top