What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relative agreed to do something family-related about 2 weeks ago @ another appointment, & I told person relative wouldn't.

Today, relative said will take me to appointment to....day (barely), but not go in & be actively-involved. Claims they are still doing it as they said they would, but I doubt person not seeing them tomorrow will translate into anything being accomplished.

...Oh, & have had same "reply-notification" E-mail in box for 2 weeks, but link didn't work when I got it, & Search turns-up no thread.

I'm mostly pissed off with how short my fuse is lately.
(I'm aware of the irony)
I need to unwind a little more.

Liars. I have been running into a lot of them lately. They are not just cramping my style but fucking up my plans. Sigh. I need a vacation. A long one!

A child not getting what they worked really hard for and deserved simply because of our address. Are people really still that small minded? If you aren't from the rich side of town you get screwed? What decade is this?

A child not getting what they worked really hard for and deserved simply because of our address. Are people really still that small minded? If you aren't from the rich side of town you get screwed? What decade is this?

People would be smoking because I would raise hell over this. Sorry your kiddo (or a kiddo you're acquainted with) got screwed like that. That's so not fair.

1970s. Sorry to the Progeny

Thank you!. Trust me if I didn't know that this person would completely blacklist my child and screw up her chances for next year I would be letting her have it! I hope she realizes what a mistake she has made when her team suffers from her poor decisions. (Just to clarify also it isn't just mama being all about her kid, everyone was completely stunned at the decision and another very deserving girl also didn't get her chance for the same reason) I will get over it but you can bet I won't forget!

Thank you!. Trust me if I didn't know that this person would completely blacklist my child and screw up her chances for next year I would be letting her have it! I hope she realizes what a mistake she has made when her team suffers from her poor decisions. (Just to clarify also it isn't just mama being all about her kid, everyone was completely stunned at the decision and another very deserving girl also didn't get her chance for the same reason) I will get over it but you can bet I won't forget!

I've witnessed such decisions, whether it scholarships or entrance to a magnet school or even dance academy, since the 1970s. Adults have prejudices based on locations, just like they have on skin color and family members.

Again, sorry.

Having to shout at the TV whilst watching old Law and Order SVU episodes because apparently I can come up with better legal arguments that Cabot can.

I've got my charity run for cancer research on Sunday so I wanted to run every day this week to make sure I don't collapse in a gasping heap.

So I set off today, wearing shorts and a crop top because of the heat, and ran along a gravel path with right angled bends surrounded by trees. As I was rounding the third bend, about 500 metres into my 5k route, I almost bounced off a couple who came round the other way. I tried to swerve, my foot went from under me and I slid along the gravel on my right side :mad:

The woman helped me back to my feet, and being the stubborn little masochist that I am, I carried on - I didn't want to miss my training as it's so close to the run.

When I got back and went in the shower, I spent 15 minutes picking bits of gravel out of my calf, elbow and palm. Ow ow ow ow ow :(

Not 'good' pain at all....

I've got my charity run for cancer research on Sunday so I wanted to run every day this week to make sure I don't collapse in a gasping heap.

So I set off today, wearing shorts and a crop top because of the heat, and ran along a gravel path with right angled bends surrounded by trees. As I was rounding the third bend, about 500 metres into my 5k route, I almost bounced off a couple who came round the other way. I tried to swerve, my foot went from under me and I slid along the gravel on my right side :mad:

The woman helped me back to my feet, and being the stubborn little masochist that I am, I carried on - I didn't want to miss my training as it's so close to the run.

When I got back and went in the shower, I spent 15 minutes picking bits of gravel out of my calf, elbow and palm. Ow ow ow ow ow :(

Not 'good' pain at all....

OUCH!

As a former track athlete in high school and college, I welcome you to the club! I still carry scars from road rash, received in 1983!

Scars from road rash?? :eek: You have my sympathies!

Thank you. I slid a few yards in the gravel. Two nurses picked out several pieces, a perk for having a grandmother who was the head ER nurse at the hospital at the time. LOL

I am not able to help people I care about who are really struggling.
Like, at all. I am useless.
This distresses me.
I seek relief at gym.
Work out next to woman screaming on cell phone for an hour.
Try to drown her out with earbuds. Doesn't work.
Showers broken at gym.
Come out of gym with pants (and keys) in gym bag.
Place gym bag in back of car.
Slam hatch.
Realize car is now locked with keys and phone in back.
Wait two hours at gym for locksmith.
Locksmith arrives and is snotty.
Opens car.
There is my phone, laying in back where I locked it in car.
In a milion pieces, where I slammed the hatch on it.

AGGGGGFHHHHHHHHHH!!

Wine. Huge wine. Meat. Day must end.

Last edited:
This distresses me.
I seek relief at gym.
Showers broken at gym.
Slam hatch.
Opens car.

AGGGGGFHHHHHHHHHH!!

That is a crap day. I am sorry, I hope tomorrow is better!:kiss:

This distresses me.
I seek relief at gym.
Showers broken at gym.
Slam hatch.
Opens car.

AGGGGGFHHHHHHHHHH!!

Oh No. No no. No.
slams hand against forehead in sympathy.

Oh DGE.
All of that sucks so bad.
Sending you hugs.
What a cluster of crap.

:heart:
cb

This distresses me.
I seek relief at gym.
Showers broken at gym.
Slam hatch.
Opens car.

AGGGGGFHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yep, you win the Lit prize for worst day. Enjoy the wine :)

DGE,
That was one sucky day. :eek: I hope your dreams are pleasant and filled with trees, mountains and bottoms to be spanked. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back