Dragon Ball: Forgotten Generations (OOC)

Sounds like it'll be a fun adventure either way.

Flute herself is a revival of an older character from a previous version of this story, so I'd hardly complain if you wanted to get back someone you'd had to leave behind.

But invention is easily as fulfilling as reinvention, if not more so.

I'm looking forward to meeting them!
 
Okay. I had to take a Thanksgiving nap.

Too.

Much.

Food.

I'm still pretty tired, so I'll respond to everyone tomorrow.

:rose:
 
Tis cool Tears. I give most people holidays exempt. On that note while she hasn't done a LOT of voice acting and I still stick with my Grey is perfect for how I see your character Lucy Lawless (Xena, Wonder Woman in Justice League: New Frontier) is a powerful sounding woman. I just don't think she quite encompasses the raw arrocangance I expect in a Saiyan Princess.
 
This is the character I used in the other DBZ game that lasted for a long time and died. I love this character and I actually do the artwork for this character. But I don't know what aspects of DBZ you guys accept and not accept as far as the history of that universe. But this was character #1. I only want to write for one character and not 2, so it would be between this one and the new character I intend to write up.

The White Lion of the North


Saiyan Name: General Grinko
Earth Name: Grisha
"Grisha" perhaps a fragmented diminutive of "Grinko."

Age: Appears 32
Height: 6'9" (83 in)
Weight: 255 lbs. (115.6 kg)
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Grey

Body Type: Heavy Weight
Adaptability Ratio: 6
Fighting Style: Hard
Grisha's current fighting style consists of short bursts of devastating power and crippling strikes. Being as Grisha is rather thick, he focuses on endurance and stamina, absorbing strikes and imbuing his body with concentrated levels of Ki. By doing this, an ascended human would find punching Grisha's body comparable to a human punching a steel wall. Grisha has not learned the ability to expel his Ki to allow him to fire Ki blasts or even fly. He instead only knows how to concentrate his energy into his muscles, which allows him to leap great distances and run great speeds with bursts of strength.

Having been once an elite member of King Vegeta's army, the power he once harnessed was lost in his accident and with his brain damage, he will have to retrain. However, every now and then, Grisha will show signs of his old potential that are unexplainable. Muscle memory or slight fragments of returning memory, could be having Grisha gradually learn the exact techniques he once knew as a Saiyan warrior again.

Race: Saiyan

The warrior without his gear stands tall and rather thick with his jutting muscles. His complexion is tanned and hair black with sickle-like sideburns. His personality tends to match his appearance: brutish, but he is kinder than his façade puts on. Intimidating, the warrior looks like quite the foe, which often inspires people who don't know him to leave him alone. There is, however, a charm that exists about the warrior. The impression he gives off of a big, dominating male tends to attract many a female, in which Lena is forced to keep back with a fist.

In his gear, no one familiar with Saiyans would have ever guessed him to be one. His tail is always comfortably wrapped about his hips and his short, bladed hair hidden beneath his headdress. It is the exchange of blows or the discovery of his tail that reveals his Saiyan blood.

Personality: Since waking from his coma, Grisha is rather free-spirited and unbound. The warrior goes where ever he pleases, when he pleases, and sometimes he won't return for days, which makes Lena worried sick. The Saiyan has learned to speak coherent sentences from Lena, but with him being so aloof, his speaking ability is still mediocre, neither entirely primitive nor advanced.

The warrior's desire to train overcame his desire to learn the etiquette Lena tries to educate him with. Grisha is simply downright barbaric from his bad manners, to his ability to smell on the level of a bloodhound, and to his appetite. The guardian often returns from being away when summoned by the Lion Horn. It is a horn carved from bone, which is blown in emergencies. It is wise for a visitor in Kosetsu village to not start trouble. If the horn is ever blown on him or her, they will face the fury of the lion. An enemy of Kosetsu village is an enemy of Grisha's "'nough said."

The Saiyan can't resist a challenge. He loves being able to throw some punches with a sparring partner or most of all, one that can give him a good fight. One of his biggest stereotypes is that the warrior is unintelligent because of the way he speaks. On the contrary, if challenged, his opponent will find that he is quite clever if not reckless.

Due to his mental deficiency, Grisha sometimes has irrational bouts of emotion in the form of rage or frustration triggered by something indefinite. No one knows what triggers these attacks, but its been assumed from witnessing certain situations that its when his brain is trying to remember or recall something to mind that just isn't there or accessible.

Overall, the warrior is a handful, and when around people, he needs constant supervision. The warrior isn't afraid to say it like it is, and is unaccustomed to the advanced technology that exists outside his home region.

Equipment/Clothing: Upon his head is a headdress crafted from the fur and bones of the White Devil. It is what gives him his stark mane that acts as his "White Lion" trademark. Upon his broad shoulders sits a mantle of brown fur and steel. A brown cape obscures the bulk of his power, trapping his body heat within a cloak of warmth. Beneath the shroud is a fur-lined, black vest and black trousers. Upon his knees are steel kneeguards and about his forearms are black steel and leather bracers. The teeth of the White Devil were fashioned into a necklace that rests against his collar. The boots at his feet complete his arctic ensemble, estimating the weight of his equipment to be 145 lbs.

White Devil Crown: Designed by Grisha from the dense bones of the monster yeti known by the villagers of Kosetsu as The White Devil, the headdress alone weighs 45 lbs. It is more than just a crown. It is his identity and memento of his birth into his frozen home.

Training History: Grisha has trained himself to mentally and physically endure the coldest temperatures of his snowy homeland. He has trained his body in the highest altitudes where oxygen is thinnest, and the cold ones would claim to be of the ninth circle. The villagers often marvel the warrior when they see him walking in nothing but shorts in the snow and ice, while they burrow beneath layers of wool and fur. One of Grisha's goals is to reach the top of Mount Tengoku whose summit supposedly touches the heavens. Every day Grisha braves the hike, but even with his current training, he is still unable to endure the chill without his clothes becoming weighted down with ice and risking a frostbitten digit or limb. The warrior scales as high as he can endure and trains at that level.

Biography:

A General

The Saiyan's existence goes back to the time of the Saiyan-Truffle war. Grisha, at the time known as Grinko, was apart of King Vegeta's Saiyan Elite and took part in the destruction of the Truffle race. He served King Vegeta like a dog until Frieza's treachery started wiping out one Saiyan after another. When King Vegeta chose to storm Frieza's ship, petrified by the power he sensed fluctuating from the vessel, Grinko stayed behind and abandoned his king and homeland. Shame rested heavily on his shoulders during his shuttle ride across the cosmos. His conscience berated him with logic and how the Saiyans should have retaliated until they were strong enough to rival Frieza and his lackeys. His honor was crushed and whilst in his depression, his pod approached a planet unlike he had ever seen before. His pod broke the atmosphere to plunge haphazardly into a snowy scape. It crashed into the base of a mountain and at the foot of a frozen lake. The chilling waters and temperature penetrated the capsule, and in his terror, the ice had taken him.

Coma

The mysterious meteor that had crashed in the mountains attracted the people of the nearby village Kosetsu. Subordinates of the village chief were sent to investigate the impact site and when they returned, they brought with them on a sled a mysterious orb. With ice picks and mallets, they broke the ice about the pod and forced open its hatch to find frozen within a man donning a uniform unfamiliar to them--and they hadn't seen much living in the mountains their entire lives. The people were unsure if their find was man or alien, but it was dubbed that the creature, whatever he was, was dead. The village chief ordered the body to be thawed in the hot spring and given a proper burial. As commanded, the body was thawed, and the still waters became disturbed by oxygen bubbles. To the people's awe, the alien had survived but was in a deep coma.

The White Lion

There was a wicked creature that occasionally attacked the village. Twelve feet with horns like a devil, the yeti would terrorize Kosetsu village, devouring their herds, children, and those vulnerable enough to be caught. The White Devil came unpredictably once a month and would consume twenty villagers before its appetite was satiated. As the people scattered in fright from the devil's presence, the alien was unguarded and became vulnerable. The alien's caretaker Lena tried to deter the devil from reaching him, but held tightly by her father, she was unable to do so.

The White Devil found him and hefted him above his jaws. Dangling the naked Saiyan above rows of blade-like teeth, the Saiyan harshly woke and unleashed an enraged scream. The decibels of his scream shook the yeti down to his cells until he exploded, having been ripped apart by the assault. Bathed in blood and screaming irrationally, the villagers thought they were observing a lion, bellowing his dominance over a kill as his tail thrashed about.

I Am Grisha

The alien responded to questions although slowly. His gaze was distant, and the villagers believed that his brain may have been damaged by the cold. When asked his name, the Saiyan responded ineptly with, "Gr...sh..." Lena thus named him Grisha and with her weaning, he became a respected and cherished guardian of the village.
 
The notion of Grisha having lost his abilities and needing to retrain would fit in well with how I see the RP progressing.
 
The notion of Grisha having lost his abilities and needing to retrain would fit in well with how I see the RP progressing.

Good. I won't work on my second concept. Enjoy Grisha. He's quite special but I'm sure everyone will enjoy him. Catch him up in technology.
 
What is the setting of this game? Is it in Japan like the show? And what time of day is everyone writing in? Day or night, or are they just being random?
 
Flute's theme: https://youtu.be/NqQAuZ9ZBK4. "This Will Be The Day," from RWBY.

Happily it's metal enough to go with the others!

I also considered "117" from Halo 4, because she's a super-soldier, but maybe I'll bust that out when she's developed a little.
 
What is the setting of this game? Is it in Japan like the show? And what time of day is everyone writing in? Day or night, or are they just being random?

I wasn't sure what country or century we were meant to be in, so I've been writing Generic Anachronistic Nation #7. Though, heh, I suppose Public Defenders might be an American construct.

Looking back, I don't think anyone's specifically mentioned a time of day, though I felt like Flute was sometime in the morning. Based on the quality and quantity of all-concealing shadows, I think Crim and Fang are both at night. And I think Vanessa and Cheetu are in the afternoon sort of time? Obviously, correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Definitely gotta vote for Courtesy Call on this one.

It's heavy on my Pandora rotation at the moment and I can't complain about that a bit.
 
Looking back, I don't think anyone's specifically mentioned a time of day, though I felt like Flute was sometime in the morning. Based on the quality and quantity of all-concealing shadows, I think Crim and Fang are both at night. And I think Vanessa and Cheetu are in the afternoon sort of time? Obviously, correct me if I'm wrong.

I got the same impression, but I suppose that certain places at certain times of the day could allow for much darker shadows.
 
I have to admit that was the one I was leaning towards primarily but every so often I get stuck when I'm trying to find something that sounds like the character feels in my head rather than just going with something that I personally enjoy.
 
I got the feeling that it was afternoon or at least midday so I wrote as such. However I can change it easily if that is not the time as it has taken me time to find Vanessa fighting.

I also like Courtesy Call. I have seen that AMV before and loved it and the music.

I also like Devil Rises as a fighting song.
 
In no particular order.

Glad people are liking Courtesy Call.

I apparently missed the time issue. Honestly I just figured we all arrived at the city when we all arived and didn't give it MUCH thought at all. But I also thought Crim and Fang were kind of in an alley with tall buildings. There are tons of shadows cus the buildings are in the way and then he just happened to find a spot out of sight after that.
 
All I know then is that people have so far called this fictional city, East Haven.

I wrote up an introduction for my character, but I'm hesitant to post it because I want to know what is the GM's intention. The IC is currently labeled as the Underground Tournament Arc. Do you want for everyone to eventually meet at the Underground Tournament that I assume is in the abandoned part of a metro? Do you have any NPCs that you plan to introduce or are we supposed to create our own opponents? Lastly, to help draw more characters to that setting, I'm guessing that they should be able to sense strong power levels? If all they're doing is fighting average humans, then they're power levels won't be much to sense.

I'm asking this because depending on the answer, I might change my introduction entirely.
 
To that end my character would probably fool sensing power levels to varying degrees and for a varying limit depending on how we choose android powers to work.

Cus you know, for reasons never really stated you can't sense androids. And here's where Japanese to English gets annoying. 16, 19 and 20 are all actual androids as far as we call tell with 20 (Gero) having a human brain. 17 and 18 however are cyborgs. Like Mecha Frieza. 18 is sufficiently human in fact that she is able to give birth. Base humans do have a power level, it's minisule but it is there as Raditz demonstrates. Hell as we see from the Spirit Bomb on Namek seaweed has energy.
 
I wasn't sure any of our characters would be high enough "level" yet to really register on a Scouter or that sort of thing. But I guess I figured we'd all have some potential locked away.

Flute probably won't ever be as powerful as Piccolo, especially if she goes the airbending route instead of channeling energy like the big guns. But right now she's not much stronger or faster than Captain America-- she'd surpass that eventually, but only as a part of story progression.
 
Welll since we don't have fireballs yet and seriously not having fireballs in DBZ is pretty sad I assume we're all roughly around Captain America or mid to low tier Naruto.
 
Welll since we don't have fireballs yet and seriously not having fireballs in DBZ is pretty sad I assume we're all roughly around Captain America or mid to low tier Naruto.

Yeah, that's what I figured too!

Okay, good, sweet, awesome.
 
Back
Top