How long does it usually take for stories to get approved and posted?

It can vary, but the standard time in the queue has been 2-3 days of late.
 
This is just anecdotal, but when I submit in formatted .rtf, it seems to take longer than when I submit in plain .txt. Five days compared with two or three days. That might just be coincidental, but it's my experience.
 
I've always just copied the Word text into the text block and it's almost always posted in two or three days.
 
This is just anecdotal, but when I submit in formatted .rtf, it seems to take longer than when I submit in plain .txt. Five days compared with two or three days. That might just be coincidental, but it's my experience.
I always submit in .rtf and have not seen delays. I used to use .txt, but for some reason (my browser, I suspect) that wouldn't work when Lit went over to the new dashboard. I've been using .rtf for, I dunno, two years now.

My last story went live in less than 48 hours (it was in the Geek Anthology though, which probably explains that). Could be you got Laurel in the middle of a contest or that Siren Song anthology load - she always gives contest entries priority.
 
I copy and paste, up in a couple or three days.

I have used .doc files in the past for illustrated stories, five days was about max. But that was along time ago.
 
Back
Top