The real reason for Trump's war on the press

zipman

Literotica Guru
Trump's real nemesis is the truth. By attacking the media, he opens up a new line of attack against facts, his true target. He is, after all, the Gaslighter in Chief. He is trying to confuse the public so that they will not believe inconvenient truths.

What he wants is to manufacture his own pseudo-truth; to create a reality where he always wins. Where the only polls that count are the ones where he's doing great. Where the only comments about him are compliments, and where anything negative is false, the work of an out-of-control media.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/opinions/trump-wants-you-to-hate-media-ghitis/index.html

This is the first step towards a fascist dictatorship and the reason that morons like Ishmael buy into it.

Because when the truth isn't convenient, just replace it with lies.

I agree with that. He's trying to move the goal posts on what the public will swallow--and he's had an alarming success with a large percentage of the U.S. voting-age population (and with an even larger percentage of those posting to this forum).

I agree with that. He's trying to move the goal posts on what the public will swallow--and he's had an alarming success with a large percentage of the U.S. voting-age population (and with an even larger percentage of those posting to this forum).

So he's doing to truth what Clinton did to infidelity. :)

The media needs to stop hyping up the "Trump's a ***-ist" stories, and hype IMPORTANT things.

Wonder why they aren't talking about Trump's lobbying ban?
Because when you compare Trump's to Obama's it reveals how bad ass Trumps is, and how Obama's practically did nothing.

Trump's press war is nothing but a silly, ultimately ill-advised propaganda play to his political base. They lap it up and the press inadvertently play into his hands with a certain measure of biased reporting. He thinks they are a free punching bag. But I don't think he fully realizes what he has taken on. He won't have a half ounce of good will if he ever gets on the wrong side of a truly serious scandal.

But "first step to a fascist dictatorship"? My eyes glaze over every time I read such crap. Worry about the second and third steps. You know, the other two branches of government and Constitutionally mandated elections. How does der Fuher get around those roadblocks?

I know some of you are apoplectic about the possible second coming of Adolf Hitler, but try watching something on Turner Classic Movies other than The Manchurian Candidate. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trump's real nemesis is the truth. By attacking the media, he opens up a new line of attack against facts, his true target. He is, after all, the Gaslighter in Chief. He is trying to confuse the public so that they will not believe inconvenient truths.

What he wants is to manufacture his own pseudo-truth; to create a reality where he always wins. Where the only polls that count are the ones where he's doing great. Where the only comments about him are compliments, and where anything negative is false, the work of an out-of-control media.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/opinions/trump-wants-you-to-hate-media-ghitis/index.html

The same reason he continues to run for an office he has by holding rallies for the brain dead.

But "first step to a fascist dictatorship"? My eyes glaze over every time I read such crap. Worry about the second and third steps. You know, the other two branches of government and Constitutionally mandated elections. How does der Fuher get around those roadblocks?

Your eyes glaze over because you are too doctrinaire to be objective. And, for the moment, at least, the Congress is doing the copout thing it's done for years. It's being a cowardly, hypocritical pushover. There's no evidence yet it will show any balls and stand up for itself. And the U.S. electorate has shown itself to be dumb as a rock and susceptible to shallow lying, so I'm not counting on the 2018 elections to right this course.

Personally, I think the media is a little bit out of control. It use to be they reported the news. Now they have to make news themselves to be recognized. My facebook feed is full of all these wacko's quoting Dan Rather like he is the second coming. Really??? Dan Rather:confused:

Trump's press war is nothing but a silly, ultimately ill-advised propaganda play to his political base. They lap it up and the press inadvertently play into his hands with a certain measure of biased reporting. He thinks they are a free punching bag. But I don't think he fully realizes what he has taken on. He won't have a half ounce of good will if he ever gets on the wrong side of a truly serious scandal.

I know some of you are apoplectic about the possible second coming of Adolf Hitler, but try watching something on Turner Classic Movies other than The Manchurian Candidate. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the record, I don't care what makes your eyes glaze over.

Step one makes it easier for steps two and three to occur, which, for the record, isn't rocket science.

Personally, I think the media is a little bit out of control. It use to be they reported the news. Now they have to make news themselves to be recognized. My facebook feed is full of all these wacko's quoting Dan Rather like he is the second coming. Really??? Dan Rather:confused:

Yeah, Dan Rather, one of the founding fathers of fake news with his bush military service story.

speaking of Fake News, don't you know the legacy media wishes they never came up with that one. :D

That shit got turned around on them real quick. lol

Trump has trumped Bill Clinton on the subject of infidelity. Which makes his supporters all that much more deplorable.

In less than a month Trump has out sexed Clinton, destroyed the main stream liberal media and turned the country fascist. Got it. :)

In less than a month Trump has out sexed Clinton, destroyed the main stream liberal media and turned the country fascist. Got it. :)

No, he out sexed--to public reveal--Bill Clinton continuously over decades before becoming the president. Which is why his supporters--and apparently you--are dumb as fence posts.

While we are being dazzled by Trumps clown act Bannon et al are doing irreparable damage to the GOP and the country. He's being used as a distraction. Today is an ego buffing day.....just watch the brilliant performance. : puke emoticon:

I told you assclowns you'd get a fascist. I told you several times, and you just knew I'm fulla shit. Before its all over youll be goose-stepping to the bathroom.

Here's more predictions:

The Media will collapse, the Courts will collapse, the colleges will collapse, and don't be surprised if Cuba becomes a State. Some are predicting the Democrats destroy themselves in-fighting tween the blacks and gays.

I'm Colonel Hogan with a brain and balls.

I told you assclowns you'd get a fascist. I told you several times, and you just knew I'm fulla shit. Before its all over youll be goose-stepping to the bathroom.

Here's more predictions:

The Media will collapse, the Courts will collapse, the colleges will collapse, and don't be surprised if Cuba becomes a State. Some are predicting the Democrats destroy themselves in-fighting tween the blacks and gays.

I'm Colonel Hogan with a brain and balls.

You're full of shit in so many ways that it doesn't matter where one or two stray--and you wallow around on positions so much that you can always say you were right about something. Doesn't mean any one either agrees with you or cares.

Your comparison claim with CH shows that you are every bit as delusional at Trump is.

It’s one of those occasions where no one wants to get to second or third base!

Die Verfassung des Deutschen Reichs

Reichstagsbrandverordnung??

Führer und Reichskanzler.

But, I know what you mean, though; it’s hard to even entertain such an idea.

The problem is these ideas do not arrive in isolation; they’re a reaction to what can be seen is actually happening.

We’ve seen this path trodden many times before; intimidation and de-legitimization of the press is always the first step/dissemination of misinformation; normally followed by attacks on/reform of the judiciary and electoral reform/abolishment.

Now about the claimed mess of your electoral system and millions of illegal voters?

Actually, I doubt things will get that bad, but,these are, or at least should be, warning signs

I sincerely hope your press, constitution and other 2 branches of government will be strong enough to weather the storm of the next 4 years, given this administrations current trajectory.

What we are witnessing cannot be a series of errors and incompetency, can it?

Woof!

The US government should not be using propaganda against the free press and media. Declining trust in the government has downgraded the US to a 'flawed' democracy. A bit of a stretch to being a 'failed' democracy. But it can be a slippery slope.

Trump promised to win the war against ISIS.

Instead, he's waging a war on the press, the courts, and on Nordstroms.

intimidation and de-legitimization of the press is always the first step/dissemination of misinformation

ok, so who's checking the press' intimidation and de-legitimization of Trump?

They're the fascists, there's no "second or third steps" for the media.

What all of the breathless articles are missing is that the Obama administration did more damage to press freedoms than any other administration in history. The press seems to have forgotten that under Obama, the FBI and Justice Department monitored reporters' phone records, labeled James Rosen of Fox News an "unindicted co-conspirator" in a criminal leak case, and prosecuted nine cases involving whistleblowers and leaks to the press – compared with only three previous criminal cases involving leaks to journalists in all of American history. One New York Times reporter, James Risen, was the target of a DOJ campaign to compel him to reveal his sources in a criminal leak investigation, including a seven-year court battle that went all the way to the Supreme Court. Your tax dollars at work.

Obama's Lasting Damage... http://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...-obamas-dangerous-precedent-on-press-freedoms

Many in the mainstream media are reacting with righteous indignation over comments from a senior Trump adviser suggesting the administration views the traditional media as an opponent. But if we're to take these apostles of press freedom seriously, they should first explain why the Trump Administration is worse than the Obama Administration.

After all, the Obama Administration literally tried imprisoning an uncooperative journalist, monitored journalists' every digital move, and "hammered" at least one challenging reporter with IRS audits.

Why It'll Be Hard for Trump to Surpass Obama's Record of Chilling Press Freedom... https://news.grabien.com/story-why-it-will-be-hard-trump-surpass-obamas-record-chilling-pre

ok, so who's checking the press' intimidation and de-legitimization of Trump?

They're the fascists, there's no "second or third steps" for the media.

The media, of course, that's how a free press works!

And, at least at this point, there's an objective reality against which we can judge them all....like the crowd sizes, electoral college clams and bowling green etc etc.

And yet it is the media with fake news, corrupt etc etc?

No there isn't unless you can cite a historical president.....you're pulling desparate stuff out ya ass.

Woof!

Back