The One and Only

kurrginatorX

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Posts
15,384
Hey Authors,

If you had to pick just one story--that's one, not any "well, these three are tied for first"--that you feel best defines you as a writer here on Literotica, what would it be? If we showcase our best, I think this thread will allow old and new viewers alike to read something that will help them decide if we are worthy of them following us.
If you choose a series, then pick just one chapter from that series.

Mine is Pussy Eating Lessons from Sis:

https://www.literotica.com/s/pussy-eating-lessons-from-sis
 
Last edited:
What a clever post to entice folks to look at our creations--I'll play, though I would think it'd be nice if we also read/vote/commented on each other's works as well.

I bounce around all over the place but at the moment I think the best showcase of my work is this:
The Wanderers

It has a little bit of everything, sci-fi, fantasy, aliens, sex, revenge and it is a western to boot.
 
Lysette's Gift
https://www.literotica.com/s/lysettes-gift

Not my highest rated story, by a long chalk, but the most personally satisfying; it's a kind-of Christmas ghost story, somewhat of a tradition in England, and something I wanted to try after dabbling with the genre in 'Well Met By Moonlight'
 
My most emblematic LIT piece is my most viewed and next to lowest scored. Big Banana has it all: San Francisco nudists, underage mollusk incest, and real-time tragedy. The ending is straight reporting.
 
This is a good question! I've published 23 stories so far, with incest being the most common category. But the story that probably best captures me is my BDSM story, In The Hallway. https://www.literotica.com/s/in-the-hallway-1 It's my highest rated story, though not my most viewed by a long shot.

Number 2 might be my exhibitionist story Hotel Exhibitionist Ch. 1. https://www.literotica.com/s/hotel-exhibitionist-ch-01

I'm writing a story for the Valentine's Day contest, which, if it turns out the way I hope it does, may best represent my aims and purposes (and skills, I hope) as a writer of erotica. But we'll have to see.
 
Historically, it has been near impossible to corral authors on a number one type question and even now SimonDoom begins the creep. :)

And I’m no different!

Probably what best defines my work here is not any one story, but my Marion series...a strapon story took a crossdressing turn unplanned by me so I rolled with it. The story was well received so I experimented with a variety of lather, rinse, repeat entries.

I’ve also experimented with a variety of categories and voices, so what probably best defines my presence is not necessarily my favorite...I’d have to give my White Trash series the nod on that one. It’s a full on stroker that started with only a whiff of a plot that still makes me laugh.
 
I'll buck the recent trend and give you one. The Third Ring is a little story (not even two full Lit pages) in SciFi, with love, treachery, and tragedy. There's an adult situation but no actual sex. Writing sex is nowhere near my most important goal.
 
To add an element to this thread, what is it about the story you've named that in your opinion represents you and your erotic craft best?

In my case, In The Hallway explores a combination of erotic themes I enjoy: role play, dominance-submission, exhibitionism, and romance. It also provides the perspective of both the man and the woman as they get to know each other. The plot is based upon a conceit that's somewhat contrived but that I had a lot of fun with. Most of all it represents my thoughts on eroticism because it explores the pushing of erotic boundaries in a positive way, a theme I enjoyed for years as a reader before I became a writer.
 
I’ve matured as a writer since I started publishing on Lit. I love each of my stories equally. My most recent ones would stand testimony to my skills improving. One chapter has stood out in my fans/followers eyes that they think is my best work:

https://www.literotica.com/s/m-a-n-t-i-s-pt-01

It’s not highly rated. It’s not even erotic. It was, however, enjoyable to write, considering so many other aspects. Still, it’s a storyline that can easily have elements of love and eroticism worked into it later on - which I plan. For now, I want to keep the sex out of the storyline as long as possible.
🌹Kant👠👠👠
 
Well, for me, my Meg will always be closest to my heart. Reading it now, I can see changes I would make - and might yet - but it is for me my best.
 
Last edited:
Mine is the recent Winter Holiday entry; Secret Canyon. In my opinion, it is the only "real story" I've written and the longest. I think it captures the main theme that runs through all of my stories, but the extra words just make it more interesting and less rushed. It's not the highest rated, I suspect mostly due to my own lack of editing in the original version...could also be that Westerns aren't popular with most readers...and sex scenes are only a very small part of the story?
 
Probably this series. I always set out to write erotica, but always seem to end up with romantic drivel. But this one since it's set in a post apocalyptic setting, the romance isn't in your face, so it's not sickening and gross.

It's a very slow moving story, but that's pretty much how I live my life, one day at a time, so this one is me.

https://www.literotica.com/s/no-such-thing-as-time-ch-01
 
I can't answer the question as asked. I have only written in long series, and the two series are so radically different that I don't think either can be considered representative of my writing as a whole.

So, with the caveat that both choices drop new readers right into the middle of the respective stories, I would choose these two chapters as good representations of my work.

"Bad Girl Melissa":My Fall and Rise, Chapter 7: Iced Coffee and Blueberries

"Good Girl Melissa": Mary and Alvin, Chapter 14: The Ice Storm
 
Rope and Veil, because I knew I was well out of my depth even starting it (I know nothing about living with a disability), but succeeded in giving a voice to those folk who do. It was well received, and triggered two follow-ons with a third to be written (when I’m brave enough).

Songs of Seduction - Water is possibly my most perfect tiny diamond.

(Sorry, too hard to do links as I’m using a bloody phone, my internet being down for over four days now - I think Telstra has been attacked BIG time - major outages across Australia).
 
Rope and Veil, because I knew I was well out of my depth even starting it (I know nothing about living with a disability), but succeeded in giving a voice to those folk who do. It was well received, and triggered two follow-ons with a third to be written (when I’m brave enough).

Songs of Seduction - Water is possibly my most perfect tiny diamond.

(Sorry, too hard to do links as I’m using a bloody phone, my internet being down for over four days now - I think Telstra has been attacked BIG time - major outages across Australia).

Rope and Veil

Songs of Seduction-Water
 
Hey Authors,

If you had to pick just one story--that's one, not any "well, these three are tied for first"--that you feel best defines you as a writer here on Literotica, what would it be? If we showcase our best, I think this thread will allow old and new viewers alike to read something that will help them decide if we are worthy of them following us.
Just ONE story, folks. Not several fave series. One author, one story. No cheating.
 
This is a super easy one for me, since I am brand new to Lit and have just one story posted here right now:
https://www.literotica.com/s/no-men-to-love

Although I don't expect to specialize in this genre, the flowing writing style and love of history and detail are typical of my fiction. In general, characters in the stories I write tend to be smart, sensual, driven, and often broken in some way, so this certainly reflects that tendency too.

I very much look forward to digging in to the stories others have posted here! And thanks for the opportunity to play!
 
Last edited:
Because I do like to think I'm constantly improving, it has to be my latest:

Solace in Emma's Room

It's my most-commented and most-favorited (is that a word?), but paradoxically my lowest-rated, though not by much. I did get some emotional catharsis out of writing it: the divorce part is heartfelt, based on 25 year old memories, and I hoped that would come across as real and drive interest in the rest. I like what I did with the structure also. I think I've gotten hooked on writing now, after years of thinking it was too hard!
 
This is a super easy one for me, since I am brand new to Lit and have just one story posted here right now:
https://www.literotica.com/s/no-men-to-love

Although I don't expect to specialize in this genre, the flowing writing style and love of history and detail are typical of my fiction. In general, characters in the stories I write tend to be smart, sensual, driven, and often broken in some way, so this certainly reflects that tendency too.

I very much look forward to digging in to the stories others have posted here! And thanks for the opportunity to play!

A lovely story. More, please!
 
My favorite... is actually a series. And I have so many to pick from.

Orchard Falls Mystery

1. Orchard Falls
2. Jack O'Hara - One for a Kill

I have six scoped out altogether. Have been working on them here and there. I should put a concerted effort to finish them, but I have so many others to finish also.

I really liked writing these two and so far the readers have nothing bur good to say about them.
 
Back
Top