Any collectors of cassette tapes here?

I used to have a collection because my older car only had a radio/cassette player.

But I've given them away. Unlike 78rpm records or LPs, they deteroriate over time, stretch, snap and just sound awful.
 
My Mother has a bunch of 8 tracks, Elvis, The Trammps, Village People,....

MY wife has a collection of 1980's Hair Band albums and cassettes

I still buy old horror movies on VCR for some strange reason...At this point I don't even have a VCR I just like them I guess. There is a flea Market nearby and a guy sells VCR tapes a buck each and I see a lot of people buying them
 
There we go. For every hoard there is a hoar..., er, ah, "collector."

:D

My wife is the same way!
 
You do know phones used to come with cords...

;) ;)

the-popularity-of-mobile-phones-went-bananas-in-the-90s-of-course-most-were-huge-and-chunky-including-the-ones-made-famous-by-zack-morris-in-saved-by-the-bell.jpg
 
We had a huge b&w with a tiny screen that only got two channels.


:cool:

I recall my old man bragging about the brand new RCA floor model he got that...swiveled!

He still has one of those long stereo's that you lifted the top and it played records was a radio tuner and played 8 tracks, things in nice shape, bet its worth some money....to someone.
 
8 track tapes are fucking terrible. i don't know how you old bastards got any joy out of them at all. i still have some cassettes, though. can't fucking play them and i have no need to, but there's still a few around in the closet somewhere.
 
I have a lot of cassette tapes in the cellar, sadly they are in a part of the cellar that suffered flooding, and those that I've checked have either been water damaged, or age has taken its toll.

Several have already been replaced on CD, others I'd forgotten I owned, some of which would be better to remain that way.

I have recently acquired a 4 track reel to reel deck, with tapes, haven't had time to check it out yet. It didn't blow up when plugged in,so that's a good start.
 
My grandparents had a huge old stereo, maybe the prototype, that had a lid and played a wide variety of media, you had your 45s, your 33 1/3s, and 78s.


:cool:
 
8 track tapes are fucking terrible. i don't know how you old bastards got any joy out of them at all. i still have some cassettes, though. can't fucking play them and i have no need to, but there's still a few around in the closet somewhere.

They were chick magnets when installed in the Corvair.

:cool:
 
My grandparents had a huge old stereo, maybe the prototype, that had a lid and played a wide variety of media, you had your 45s, your 33 1/3s, and 78s.


:cool:

My father would play the .45 on 78 speed and scare the hell out of me when I was little...

Now he wonders why I am into BDSM and write porn...
 
I still have a few bootlegs from my stoner days laying around...
 
We had a huge b&w with a tiny screen that only got two channels.


:cool:

My oldest aunt bought a television in 1936. It operated on the Baird system and was useless when TV resumed after WW2.

1936-Baird-T5.JPG


She bought a new one just in time for the first post war broadcast. It had a six-inch screen but was the size of a four-drawer filing cabinet.

c56d52ffc0f05a234fd0b0c1c1b79534.jpg


She upgraded for the 1953 Coronation to a nine-inch screen. Thirty people crammed into her living room to watch that tiny screen.

I remember my parents buying the adaptor to plug into the back of their TV (my aunt's secondhand one) to receive the first commercial TV station.
 
Not a collection per se but hard to eliminate all those Columbia House acquisitions. Some sentimental attachments. It doesn't take long for the tape to get fucked up though.
 
It doesn't take long for the tape to get fucked up though.

Lies and Slander. I have like fifty or more, I dunno. I listen to them still too.

attachment.php



So... Anyone need me to dub them a tape of a tape? An album? No?

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • rsz_20150325_212231.jpg
    rsz_20150325_212231.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 18
  • rsz_20150325_212513.jpg
    rsz_20150325_212513.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
I found a nice 8 track carousel with gen-you-wine simulated wood-grain finish circa 1970. I have since filled it with fairly cool 8-tracks that you would have found in truck-stops at the time. Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, like that. I do not presently own anything with an 8 track player in it.
 
Back
Top