The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topic of the day

"Writing is something best done alone and in a dark room"

Discuss while I get a nap.

The coffee is fresh so server your own self.

I could so go for some coffee ;)

Horrible being unable to sleep!

One cuppa coming up.

Yeah, I know that feeling but mine is more having my days and nights screwed up. I pulled a 36 hour editing and revising marathon and now I'm paying the price.

Thanks for the milk. :)

I am a night person by nature so I am always up until one or two in the morning. I sleep best once the sun is up. It was miserable when I had to get up to go to work. Working is hard on five hours of sleep. Of course, now that I have all the time in the world to sleep, my body wakes up after three hours. So if I can put two three hour sets back to back, I feel like I got some decent sleep. LOL

I am sorry that you other guys can't sleep. Nothing worse than lying there wanting to sleep and nothing happens.

Thanks for the milk. :)

I am a night person by nature so I am always up until one or two in the morning. I sleep best once the sun is up. It was miserable when I had to get up to go to work. Working is hard on five hours of sleep. Of course, now that I have all the time in the world to sleep, my body wakes up after three hours. So if I can put two three hour sets back to back, I feel like I got some decent sleep. LOL

I am sorry that you other guys can't sleep. Nothing worse than lying there wanting to sleep and nothing happens.

At my age, some days are three hour sleep days and some are six hour and then there are the odd days when twelve hours aren't enough. I shouldn't have pushed myself so hard on the edit but it's one of those things when my publisher decides he wants it three months earlier than planned. I had it mostly finished and then my editor whips out her three gallon red ink pen. :D

Good morning Tx and everyone else :)

So pleased to see I'm not the only one with messed up sleeping habits! I can do days of 4 hours, then a couple of 7 hours, maybe one of 9 then back to 4. I know I don't help myself - but I love night times, when everyone is in bed and all is quiet!

I am in dire need of a cup of tea, any going today?

Good morning Tx and everyone else :)

So pleased to see I'm not the only one with messed up sleeping habits! I can do days of 4 hours, then a couple of 7 hours, maybe one of 9 then back to 4. I know I don't help myself - but I love night times, when everyone is in bed and all is quiet!

I am in dire need of a cup of tea, any going today?

Hot water and a tea bag coming up.

I tried to sleep but my mind won't shut down so I wrote for a while. It hasn't helped.

Zeb, Zeb, Zeb. Have you learned nothing? Scones come in two flavours: plain or fruited - which basically means 'with sultanas'. There's also the 'cheese scone'. But that's not really a scone. (Although it can be delicious. :D)

Well they had blueberry scones at the hospital? :mad:

Hot water and a tea bag coming up.

I tried to sleep but my mind won't shut down so I wrote for a while. It hasn't helped.

Thanks!

Ah, the best thing to help me shut my brain off is music, I actually have a sleep playlist on my ipod :)

Thanks!

Ah, the best thing to help me shut my brain off is music, I actually have a sleep playlist on my ipod :)

I don't have an IPod. I had a nice compact stereo on my bedroom but after I recorded all of my records, tapes, and 8-tracks into my computer I lent it to a friend so she could do the same. Last i heard it was still being passed around in the community.

My computer is in the other end of the house. I guess I need to move it. I have thousands and thousands of hours of music on it and my backup drive.

I don't have an IPod. I had a nice compact stereo on my bedroom but after I recorded all of my records, tapes, and 8-tracks into my computer I lent it to a friend so she could do the same. Last i heard it was still being passed around in the community.

My computer is in the other end of the house. I guess I need to move it. I have thousands and thousands of hours of music on it and my backup drive.

Oh, that's not good! I know I've lost stuff that way too. Very frustrating when you g for something you know you should have and realise you lent it.

Just wait until time goes back an hour. That means 60 minutes extra sleep for me 😎👠👠👠Kant 💋

You ate Hospital food? :eek:

It wasn't hospital food. They had an independent little coffee shop in the lobby. They had scones and muffins and coffee, regular and designer. The coffee, not the food. The muffins and scones were delicious.:cool:

It wasn't hospital food. They had an independent little coffee shop in the lobby. They had scones and muffins and coffee, regular and designer. The coffee, not the food. The muffins and scones were delicious.:cool:

Our local Hospital has a similar shop. I cannot say that it's all delicious stuff; it's too expensive for that, and it's commercial stuff.

Our local Hospital has a similar shop. I cannot say that it's all delicious stuff; it's too expensive for that, and it's commercial stuff.

The things they sold were made offsite in their other restaurant - all made from scratch. The food was excellent, the coffee was good too.

The things they sold were made offsite in their other restaurant - all made from scratch. The food was excellent, the coffee was good too.

It seems to be a bit of a trend.

When I went for my fortnightly blood-sucking yesterday, I noticed that half of what was the pharmacy has been turned into a small coffee shop. I didn’t sample the wares; but, from what I could see, there appeared to be a wide selection of cakes. I guess patients can now choose their preferred medication: small bitter-tasting pills or large sweet-tasting wedges of cake. :D

Winter seems to have gotten a little lost even at 4 AM. :rolleyes:

Hi, dropping by on my way home. Long shift today and no excitement. Thats all good. Got to say, I love 4am. Its peaceful and quiet and I can write while I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm not a night person at all by choice. Give me 4am in winter with snow outside and a fire and hot coffee and a story to write and its pure bliss.

Oh, and make that a coffee to go. Got an early start tomorrow. See u in the morning.

Last edited:

I work in a hospital. Its all about the bottom line. They lease the space and not cheaply coz its a captive market. Especially patients and staff. And the shops charge hi ciz there's no competitiin.

Did some yard work yesterday afternoon. A neighbor and friend dropped by with his riding mower in the back of his truck. It seems his wife of 35 years decided she wanted something or someone better. So he's now single and moving to a condo on the beach. To make a long story short, I inherited a riding lawnmower. :eek:

Getting the damned thing off the truck liked to have killed both of us even with a set of ramps. And that's the reason my nap ran through the evening rush hour.

OK, the coffee is fresh, hot, and black. There's a box of donuts on the counter. Help yourself and don't pay any attention to the three that are missing.

Did some yard work yesterday afternoon. A neighbor and friend dropped by with his riding mower in the back of his truck. It seems his wife of 35 years decided she wanted something or someone better. So he's now single and moving to a condo on the beach. To make a long story short, I inherited a riding lawnmower. :eek:

Getting the damned thing off the truck liked to have killed both of us even with a set of ramps. And that's the reason my nap ran through the evening rush hour.

OK, the coffee is fresh, hot, and black. There's a box of donuts on the counter. Help yourself and don't pay any attention to the three that are missing.

Oh great; thanks.
The lounge lizards seem to have moved or hidden the Coffee pot and Rolf's in a sulk.
And we have a cold, wet dawn.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back