The last person to post here wins again . . .

OF Mans First Disobedience, and the Fruit
Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal taste
Brought Death into the World, and all our woe,
With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,
Sing Heav'nly Muse,

OF Mans First Disobedience, and the Fruit
Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal taste
Brought Death into the World, and all our woe,
With loss of Eden, till one greater Man
Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,
Sing Heav'nly Muse,

Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

I'm asking: what's the difference between 'made to measure' and 'bespoke'?

Can anybody tell me? Or am I going to be the last to know?

My understanding is that 'made to measure' is an adaptation of a standard product and bespoke is hand made from initio to the customer's requirements taking considerable time and several trial fittings. The local tailor's shop would offer 'made to measure' suits; Savile Row would offer bespoke suits.

The difference is time and price.

My understanding is that 'made to measure' is an adaptation of a standard product and bespoke is hand made from initio to the customer's requirements taking considerable time and several trial fittings. The local tailor's shop would offer 'made to measure' suits; Savile Row would offer bespoke suits.

My last suit was from Saville Row. The price was fine, but the time travelling from GM-5 to the shop, waiting, and then flying back again was murder. I think that's the last of my bespokens!

They well might, but they are not the only ones.
I had a suit from a Leeds firm and they had to make it from scratch.
It was bloody comfortable, too!.

Back