GLBT Daily Vibe II

Bumping this for our infrequent ( and missed !! ) visitors :rose:

Daily vibe... hmmm....
Nothing much - a bit bored tbh

Wearing: jeans, T and now, a fleece
Listening: the kitchen timer counting down to supper and a gorgeous Robin singing in the tree
What's the other thing? :)
 
Sounds like a nice warm cozy place, May I step in for a cup of tea and sit for a spell. Or is this a Inn for Grey Eyed People
 
Sounds like a nice warm cozy place, May I step in for a cup of tea and sit for a spell. Or is this a Inn for Grey Eyed People
Of course - step right in. It could do with a dusting and let some air in. Have a look back and you'll see the format :)
 
Gotta persuade Mom to get Netflix - I must use my wiles :)
Yeah, Jennifer *sigh*

Also, since I can't think where else to post this
tumblr_n52lq35Ch31rwuj4qo1_500.gif

..how it should be done asdfghjkl

Music : Turin Brakes
Mood: pensive
Wearing : the usual, but I have a new top to try this weekend :)



That's hot.
 
Hello!

Mood: improving
Wearing: jeans and a t-shirt
Music: Babylon 5 special features

Yeah, that's right. *bows* ;)

-diz :rose:
 
Hello!

Mood: improving
Wearing: jeans and a t-shirt
Music: Babylon 5 special features

Yeah, that's right. *bows* ;)

-diz :rose:
Hey hone :kiss: :rose:

I knew if I bumped this page you'd pop by! Babylon 5 ?!? You mean the tv series with lots of people living in a big metal town in space?
 
Hey hone :kiss: :rose:

I knew if I bumped this page you'd pop by! Babylon 5 ?!? You mean the tv series with lots of people living in a big metal town in space?

Five miles long! Yeah, that one. We just started season four. I used to watch this with my dad when I'd come home from university during holidays.
 
Just stepping in to do that dusting and tend the fire. That's better.
It does get a little dusty in here at times!

I'm wondering where Silky has got to and hope everything's ok in her life. If you're out there lurking, please say Hi!

To those that are here, I was given a scented candle today: Wild Jasmine, which smells lush. It comes in a tin and I was going to just sniff it unlit but here goes.....
....
....
I'm not convinced by the burning scent, so I'll just sniff it as it is :) Pass it around - it's lovely isn't it? :D
OK, I'm pooped so
Wearing: PJs
Listening to: nothing cos it's too late for music
Mood: Tired, so tired
 
At the moment, crab apple marinated in amaretto with a basket weave crust. 'Tis the season to stop those suckers from hitting the ground.
 
At the moment, crab apple marinated in amaretto with a basket weave crust. 'Tis the season to stop those suckers from hitting the ground.

Crab apple ..k
marinade .. k
Amaretto.. oh
basket weave crust? :eek:
sudden sense of inadequacy :eek:
 
Feeling exhausted by a three day online argument over attitudes to rape - with another trans woman. We're both apt to rant, so we ranted at each other like chained dogs, with her aggressively challenging my anger and that wound me up even more. No bad words were used: besides good language can be so much more effective and affecting. I'm still quite shaken by it, but in some ways I suppose I'm grateful to have someone challenge me, because it has made me think in a more focused way and so strengthen my arguments through citations. More importantly, it has made me realise that ranting is really really bad.

I read once about someone who used to go under a railway bridge and wait for a train to go overhead then scream and scream. I don't have a railway near me but maybe I ought to make an effort someday - I'm sure it would help.

Sorry folks - this was hardly GLBT stuff but, you know how it is, writing stuff down makes it better somehow - like messages in bottles - so don't feel obliged to respond. I just needed to get it out.

Besides, tomorrow I'm going to make blackberry pies and one of my best friends is coming over for supper.

Wearing: black leggings, gym socks, T and fleece top ( I was at the gym )
Listening to: KT Tunstall, Yellow Flower - she can calm me down
What's the other thing: ?
 
I think I need to step in here and end the fire for a day or two as I rest and try figuring out what is happening to my mind.

Do you Girls really back those pies. I have never heard of crabapple pie but it sounds delicious. As far as Blackberries, I thought I was the last person who actually picked them now days let alone heard of making home made pies. In America home made means frozen from the store and baked at home.

I Have a bunch put up for winter pies and also have a bunch of Muscatine's froze which I will make jam with once the weather turns cooler. I love the skins in the jam.

The fire looks nice so I will say good night as I lay myself down.
 
Uff da

So. Took me ages to be able to log in here again. Messed up my password, then kept resetting it, and blah, blah, blah.

So... big news, for those of you who've known me on here a while. As of this last Thursday, I finally have the visa. The one that's been 5+ years in the making/waiting. I'm still waiting to find out when I can actually start working again, but for now, no time like the present to keep writing.

And since I can't seem to sleep tonight, maybe I'll get on with that.

-diz :rose:


Mood: Content but wakeful.

Wearing: A nice warm housecoat. There's snow in the forecast. Yay.

Listening: To a quiet house, aside from my typing.
 
That's great Diz :)
So this is a visa, not citizenship :confused:
Working? Nah - I'd take a couple of weeks off - you earned it! :D

Me? I've been decorating at home and seem to have paint under every fingernail grrr. Added to that I always get a sore throat using solvent based paint, so it feels like I've got the start of a cold but I am not I am not I am not

Mood: Not happy with the skirting boards yet
Wearing: don't ask. It's not a good look
Listening to: my entire music collection shuffling on my iPod
 
That's great Diz :)
So this is a visa, not citizenship :confused:
Working? Nah - I'd take a couple of weeks off - you earned it! :D

Yeah, I'll need to wait at least four more years before I can qualify to apply for citizenship. And I've had to take the last 5+ years off work, so I'm beyond itching to get back into the work pool.

Me? I've been decorating at home and seem to have paint under every fingernail grrr. Added to that I always get a sore throat using solvent based paint, so it feels like I've got the start of a cold but I am not I am not I am not

I know that feeling all too well. Some things that have worked for me (unsolicited advice, whee!) :
  • Warm milk with honey, or tea with honey of course
  • Plain warm/hot water with honey, especially if you need the hydration
  • Ginger cardamon tea

Just some nice non-medicinal options. I hope your throat starts to recover soon!

Wearing: don't ask. It's not a good look

If you say so. ;) Personally, I'm kind of into that whole workwear look. Paint gets into the oddest places! (I know, I know. I'm weird. With an overactive imagination.)

-Diz :rose:
 
Back
Top