Poetry guidelines?

RubenesqueAphrodite

Pphhfthtt.....
I'm a new author here on Lit and I tend to write longer, drawn out pieces. However, I do have a little poetic streak in me.

I have poem I haven't put to paper yet as it's still running around in my head a bit, chasing its own tail as it were. lol I am wondering if the 750 word limit for submissions still applies to poetry?

Anyone know? I'd really hate to create a work of art, only to be told I need to add ten more lines of dribble to qualify for submission.

Thanks for your response,

R'sAphrodite

I'm a new author here on Lit and I tend to write longer, drawn out pieces. However, I do have a little poetic streak in me.

I have poem I haven't put to paper yet as it's still running around in my head a bit, chasing its own tail as it were. lol I am wondering if the 750 word limit for submissions still applies to poetry?

Anyone know? I'd really hate to create a work of art, only to be told I need to add ten more lines of dribble to qualify for submission.

Thanks for your response,

R'sAphrodite

There is no minimum word count for poetry submissions. Some poems have been returned to the author because they were better suited to the prose story forum, but that is rare. In this case, it would have to be at least 750 words.

Back