The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what it would take for me to attract some. Maybe there's an experiment in the offing. ;)

I have no idea. I've had NOTHING from them in years, and I got one last week, and TWO today. I didn't change my av or anything, but just WAM. :confused:

According to my friend's Facebook, one of the dead in Boston was a friend of his. He heard from the family. I just...can't believe that it could be a friend of a friend. I mean, I didn't know the guy, I haven't even kept up with my friend much since we graduated college a couple of years ago, but...I am weirded out by the *possible* closeness anyway, assuming the report is even accurate. *blink*

According to my friend's Facebook, one of the dead in Boston was a friend of his. He heard from the family. I just...can't believe that it could be a friend of a friend. I mean, I didn't know the guy, I haven't even kept up with my friend much since we graduated college a couple of years ago, but...I am weirded out by the *possible* closeness anyway, assuming the report is even accurate. *blink*

That is scary. And sad. *hugs*

Holy bartonella batman! I'm so sorry for your daughter!! :( Cat bites are...well even the grazes get abscesses... Hopefully they get the sepsis knocked its hiney and she'll be fine and everyone involved will be all the wiser :)

I was totally about to make a rambling long PSA about wound care because I want to USE my education, but then I realized y'all probably know plenty about wound care and I'd be irritating :p
Daughter is still inpatient. the red lines started disappearing today-- at last-- leaving her with one left foot and two right feet, by volume. She's still getting antibiotics intraveniously.

Her account of the rabies shot sent me into hysterics, and she said "Yeah, that's pretty much how I sounded too"

About being wiser... the ER will turn you away if there is no sign of infection. Even though we all know that there will be an infection.

Also, she says it's incredible how little most people know about cats. They kept asking her if it was a dog bite, she'd repeat cat, they would say "cats are little!" She would show how big a full grown feral tomcat can be, and they would not know what "tom cat" meant. Or why a sweet little kitty would bite a human.

Daughter is still inpatient. the red lines started disappearing today-- at last-- leaving her with one left foot and two right feet, by volume. She's still getting antibiotics intraveniously.

Her account of the rabies shot sent me into hysterics, and she said "Yeah, that's pretty much how I sounded too"

About being wiser... the ER will turn you away if there is no sign of infection. Even though we all know that there will be an infection.

Also, she says it's incredible how little most people know about cats. They kept asking her if it was a dog bite, she'd repeat cat, they would say "cats are little!" She would show how big a full grown feral tomcat can be, and they would not know what "tom cat" meant. Or why a sweet little kitty would bite a human.

... oi. humans... I can see why an ER would turn you away as "not emergent" because, well, I suppose you're not, technically. Of course, getting into a doctor these days is a month-out process 9_9

Well, I suppose that's a little unfair. My school's "student center" is as good as they can be about getting you in ASAP. Even if they stopped taking walk in studnets >: [ Because that's what the festering cesspool of disease that is a college needs...

What exactly do they do these days for the immunoglobulin shots? I've never looked into it, because I'm pre-vaccinated and thus would not receive the same shots as she would get. I thought they could just give them in any ol' muscle, though, or in the wound itself.

I'm glad she's improving :) I hope she continues to do so :D

Okay, lemme tell you about yesterday.

Yesterday began with the cops chasing a fugitive around the neighborhood. They chased him for three hours. He was violent, and by the time they caught him, he was also naked... Moral, don't do Meth. it can make you carjack innocent drivers-by and the cops-- and the neighbors-- don't like it.

Yesterday ended with my daughter going to ER for an infected cat bite. She's still there, on her third round of antibiotics, and waiting for a rabies shot. Moral, and folks, this is really the real truly truth-- Don't fuck around with cat bites. If they are deep punctures, you WILL get blood infection, there is basically no maybe about it. Go straight for medical help. Don't wait till you see those festively bright orange streaks on your skin.

I didn't see this. :confused:

Anyway, cats have a bacteria in there mouths rather like kimono dragons. Even if they don't kill what they bite it will die within a day or two (depending on size) from infection. The same is true of cat scratches - do not take a cat scratch lightly. Cats are great pets, but they are predators and are made for killing. My cat bit my daughter (turns out the cat had an abscessed leg, and A accidentally bumped the abscess) and the doctor put her on antibiotics just to be on the safe side.

That said, I'm glad you're daughters okay. Are they giving her anything for pain, because blood poisoning is ... not fun. I've had it. Not fun. If they aren't giving her anything, someone should throw a stink, unless she doesn't want anything, because she's in pain, I guarantee it.

Ah, right, gotta remember things are different south of the line.

It also depends on the area. In Oregon they aren't allowed to turn you away for things that aren't an emergency. Often, the ER's are used as urgent cares for people with no insurance, because they're legally required to treat you, even if you don't have insurance. That doesn't, however, insure you'll get any meds they prescribe, as the pharmacy's aren't required to take anyone.

Just had a tense text conversation with my youngest, whose campus was put on lockdown late this morning because a man was seen walking on campus with a rifle of some kind. The son was in a classroom and he alerted me to check out their local tv news site. While I was on the site, a reporter interviewed by phone the professor who was teaching the son's class. Apparently this situation is now resolved after someone was taken into custody by police. Quite a tense half hour.

Just had a tense text conversation with my youngest, whose campus was put on lockdown late this morning because a man was seen walking on campus with a rifle of some kind. The son was in a classroom and he alerted me to check out their local tv news site. While I was on the site, a reporter interviewed by phone the professor who was teaching the son's class. Apparently this situation is now resolved after someone was taken into custody by police. Quite a tense half hour.
Oyyyy. Lie back in your recliner with a plate of fluffernutters and a glass of icy-cold milk and let your blood pressure settle.

Wow. I'd call that a take a hot bath and read a book night. Very scary.

Oyyyy. Lie back in your recliner with a plate of fluffernutters and a glass of icy-cold milk and let your blood pressure settle.

Wow. I'd call that a take a hot bath and read a book night. Very scary.

Thanks. I'm chuckling at the obvious gender bias in these responses. :D

It's seems clear now that the potential danger was limited but it's a small campus and the suspect was arrested only a few hundred yards from the son's classroom at the time. He's in a state with a lot of open land and no doubt a very active hunting culture. Not sure about their gun laws but I presume they're relatively lax. Glad this got settled pretty quickly.

It's seems clear now that the potential danger was limited but it's a small campus and the suspect was arrested only a few hundred yards from the son's classroom at the time. He's in a state with a lot of open land and no doubt a very active hunting culture. Not sure about their gun laws but I presume they're relatively lax. Glad this got settled pretty quickly.

I don't see why you can't take a bath with a book, fluffernutters AND milk... Jeez, people. Why limit yourselves?

Although I don't like reading in the tub. good way to get my book all wet :mad:

Anywho, glad your kid's alright :D

Super scary, MWY. So glad to hear he's safe. Hopefully he won't get bitten by a cat on the way to class. ;)

I don't see why you can't take a bath with a book, fluffernutters AND milk... Jeez, people. Why limit yourselves?

Super scary, MWY. So glad to hear he's safe. Hopefully he won't get bitten by a cat on the way to class. ;)

Thanks and thanks. In fact, I opted for the cheeseburger with avocado lunch instead of fluffernutters. And the son would not likely be bitten by a cat unless he was being held down. He stays away from them as much as I do.

Because I make excuses....

This slave is a cock slut and fucktoy who needs obedience training from her
Master.

Last edited:

Yikes. Glad everything is ok.

I was skeptical before, but now I'm 99% sure that my friend is confused about his friend who died. He posted again today about going to his friend's family's house, and the father was all "oh my son talked about you all the time." He also claimed this afternoon that the deceased friend's name was "Bill Reddit" and that does not match up with any of the three victims. (The last one has not been released pending family notification, but it is reportedly a Chinese graduate student.) So I'm not sure why this guy is making it up, and maybe somebody did die, but it wasn't in the bombing.

Yeah, I ruin more books by dropping them in the bath. :mad:

Doesn't stop me from doing it, though. :D

So much as wet fingertips on the book bothers me. I don't even dog-ear any more. I like my books to be pretty forever *pets*

This slave is a cock slut and fucktoy who needs obedience training from her Master.

Welcome to Lit...but I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread.
I dunno, Etoile, despite the spelling error. It's a blurt, it's related to BDSM, and it's isolated from anything that precedes it. I think we've just become so accustomed to blurts becoming mini-threads within this thread that a genuinely non sequitur post jars us a little bit. I know *I* had the same thought - "This doesn't belong here!" - until I looked at the top of the page and saw "Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread."

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back