Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then last night I dreamed I was impaled through and through by a broom handle. I continued my day as normal until it fell out and I was bleeding everywhere, and no one would call me an ambulance :(
 
I am so very glad my images and AVs are off 99.9% of the time so I wasn't greeted with THAT when I opened my PM box and waited until much later to give in to my curiosity. What a joke. :rolleyes:
 
It was 18 degrees out when I left the house this morning. When I got to the office I saw the window open... I also have no central heating while my boss disputes a bill with the gas company, and am relying on a space heater. It was 54 in here when the day started (amazingly), and now it is 59 three hours later. My hands are freezing...
 
My boss said he might retire in five years. So I have a deadline now of how long I should take to reinvent my life. which direction to point myself in now is the question...
 



iDmMuJmOVSck.jpg




 
I don't work on Monday! :nana: :nana: Woohoo! And here I was sure that I wasn't getting an extra day off this holiday weekend. :D
 
Mechanical Organs

2011 for me has been the year of Mechanical Organs.

I started with a Dutch Street Organ in Keukenhof Gardens in April. We bought three CDs of the music played by that organ.

When my wife was at a conference in Hatfield I went to the St Albans Musical Museum on a Sunday afternoon for a concert demonstration of their large organs (and pianolas, music boxes, polyphons etc.). I bought a CD of their 97 key Mortier Organ.

During the summer months we visited several country fairs. All had street organs of various sizes including some powered by steam traction engines.

I went to the Brentford Musical Museum for a tour and demonstration, and later in the year my youngest daughter took us to an afternoon concert of their Wurlitzer Theatre Organ.

I now have about ten Mechanical Organ CDs bought in 2011.

I think I might have overdosed on Mechanical Organ music.

Sample of St Albans from YouTube
 
Last edited:
The fact that every time you insist on driving you put your job in jeopardy is frustrating to me and I know it was pride today that made you do it, but pride is over-rated and you're old enough to know better.
 
2011 for me has been the year of Mechanical Organs.

Shoot fire, Ogg. By thet there title I figgered you wuz havvin' some sorta trouble in the medical department.

Now I sees whut u ment wuz thet you lak them thar musical box things. Wull, Murry Chrismess anyways. :D
 
Shoot fire, Ogg. By thet there title I figgered you wuz havvin' some sorta trouble in the medical department.

Now I sees whut u ment wuz thet you lak them thar musical box things. Wull, Murry Chrismess anyways. :D

I thought that the thread title might have a double entendre.

Musical box things? Some of them wouldn't fit in the largest truck on US roads without extensive dismantling. Like This one or This.

Merry Christmas to you.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top