Remember old adult paperbacks?

Back when I was 15...in 71...a 28yo married blond hottie from across the street gave one to me...then we acted out a few pages together
 
Is it a adult cartoon or pocket book?

Is it a adult cartoon or pocket book?
 
2a05b062166bbadf2082f24675108676.jpg
 
I did, and I still have many of them, mostly S&M, both in paperback and ebook form. Olympia/Ophelia Press is still in business but only selling their old books republished as ebooks. They had some quality stuff. Tor Kung's "Forever Ecstasy" was one and Mullin Gar's "Big Man In The Saddle" (a porn western) was another.

Liverpool Library Press was mostly incest and animal. They had some good ones vanilla ones too.

Beeline was more straight vanilla sex. (Could be kinky too. I have one called "All Ball The Bride" which was pretty good, despite the title.)

HOM and Bizarre were two good BDSM publishers. F.E. Campbell wrote a huge number of books which were literate and well plotted as well as sexy.

And then there was Nexus, which closed shop more recently. They had some excellent books and writers. Aran Ashe was one. "Choosing Lovers For Justine" was an excellent book by her.
 
When I was young my grandfather seemed to collect everything, today he would be called a horder. One time I found one of those cheaply made "Blue Boy" magazines. I was totally fascinated although part of me thought I shouldn't be. After looking at all the pictures I read all the stories. I should have known back then that I would wind up writing transgender erotica...
 
My sister had one of those "case study" paperbacks from the 60s or 70s called "Teenage Sexual Deviations". I swiped it from her and hid it under my dresser til I could get a hold of proper porn. :D
 
My sister had one of those "case study" paperbacks from the 60s or 70s called "Teenage Sexual Deviations". I swiped it from her and hid it under my dresser til I could get a hold of proper porn. :D
One of my faves was "Virginity: it's Causes and Cures". Yes, very scholarly.
 
My dad had quite the collection of novels and magazines. Later on an author using the name anonymous caused quite the stir with his/her novels that were more mainstream. All led to lots of self abuse.
 
There's an archive of vintage sleaze paperbacks online. (EDIT: No, wait, that site is just cover scans. There's another site that actually hosts books, but I can't remember what it's called now...)
 
Last edited:
Snuck them from Dad's closet in the early 80's. Along with a stack of old penthouses. The hilarious thing was it started out as a big stack and slowly got shorter as my brother and I snagged them.
 
I might still have a few kicking around somewhere if I went digging. Not sure if they got tossed in the moves.

Penthouse Letters led to me to a subscription to Variations, which I still have many of.
 
Penthouse letters

I remember Penthouse letters. Sex was so taboo in the 50s and early 60s, every one was ashamed to admit they had sex. Loved the cheesecake pic back then, really chubby models. Bra pics in the back of some mags.
 
Was a teenager in the 1970s and fondly recall those wonderful little paperbacks, more-so the ones with sketched art rather than actual photos on the covers.

One in particular still stands out this many years past, it was titled something like The Music Store or The Music Shop, quite a scorcher and sorely missed.

Anyone else familiar with the book or seen such online please give a holler.
 
Fun books

While serving in Vietnam, my father sent me several books by Ted Marks or at least I think that was his name. He wrote comical adult books. I thoroughly enjoyed them.
 
I remember them well. Used to have some myself that I got in the mid seventies after I got out of the army, via mail, from an ad in a magazine. I thought I was getting three, and got a full box. I never complained. I carried them around for several years and several moves. Just didn't know how to get rid of them. There weren't plastic bags to put your trash into for pickup, you just put your stuff loose in the can.

It wasn't until I was in an apartment building with dumpsters that I finally got rid of them. I guess I could have just quietly dropped one or two at a time in men's rooms, but didn't think of it. I only had a little Vega hatchback then and everything I owned fit into it, and after a while space was at a premium when I moved.

edited: the author names were sometimes very suggestive.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top