OOC:Accidental Coven (open for serious writers)

slippedhalo

author, medium, witch
Joined
May 11, 2006
Posts
16,007
6b569b7ae9ce973c021edc4f0c59fe86.jpg


Hi, I'm looking for a couple of other women and some men to join my character Aerewyn in a thread where she's been raised in a long line of healers and Wicca is strong in her maternal family history. Having seen her mother burned at the stake when she was about eight years old, she was raised by her grandmother and great aunt, two eccentric old witches trusted amongst the peasants and farmers in the villages surrounding their hidden patch of woods for reliable fortune telling advice and healing salves and potions.

But, soon an aunt nan thought to be dead finds them and she and her daughters, also around Aerewyn`s age, join the secret coven. Things are pretty cosy and happy for all the ladies in the Moonaltar family until an errand to bring a sick old man some healing herbs in the big town of Whitehill leads to a kidnapping of the younger witches by Christians seeking to try them for the crime of witchcraft. A young man who'd always been fascinated by these witches (and brothers or cousins of his, perhaps) help them escape but soon they're all on the run from the law of the land and those who might turn them in for a reward. They form an odd, ragtag group who look out for each other. The men teach the women survival and combat skills. The ladies teach them about magic and following the rules of nature and intuition. Some may even fall in love...

I'll write for Aerewyn.
Who else would like to join and as whom?
 
Last edited:
Do you have any room in this story for a male hunter? I've been on a Supernatural binge the past month, so I'm all of the sudden well versed in this field (plus I'm dating a Wicca). I'd love to flex some of the creative muscle in this field, only if you'll have me.
 
Sure, if you're OK with either him losing or converting in the end. ;-)
 
LISA! Welcome my sister! I guess you'll take a Moonaltar cousin, then? Your mum, thought also burnt at the stake is somehow alive and your sisters and you are introduced to the Matriarchs of the family.

Aerewyn and yours, do they get along or argue a lot?
 
If the Hunter is for or against the family, that's completely up to you. If it's against, then he can definitely lose in the end. If he's with the family, then I don't mind him being converted into the craft. I just want a good ride!
 
I'd say it makes sense that he start out against then begins to see them more as people than monsters and is converted as the story unfolds.
 
Aerewyn - My redhead in sig. Mother was Jade Moonaltar.

Rain - The dark blonde/brunette in sig. One of the cousins of Aerewyn. Their mother is Opal Moonaltar (twin of Jade)

I'll write both.
 
Why does these kind of threads always come along when I'm swamped in RPs?

I'd love to have a stab at this, I'd like to play the role of one of the kidnappers, but he believes that what his bretheren does is wrong, that burning people alive is unjust and cannot be justified by their belief of wisdom, justice and loving thy fellow man.

Wish there was something like an European Ronin, it would fit what I have in mind perfectly :)

Anyroad, that is my interest part, I hope you get more writers to join.
 
I would like to take one of Aerewyn's other cousins.

Would that be a twin too Rain or a younger or elder sister?

I'll have to read up a bit on Wicca and witching though.
 
I'll change any or all of this if you wish.

Coventina was raised close to nature sharing a shack with her mother and older sisters and learning from them the Wicca craft of healing, communicating with the dead and being in tune with the higher powers everyone has but so few use.

Her mother was a member of the Moonalter family while her father was killed in a climbing accident when the young Coventina was only three years old. Although they occasionally met up with the other family members, especially her aunt and cousins they never really bonded. Her cousin Aerewyn was a very gifted witch but Coventina found their auras often clashed and they argued and bickered whenever they met.

On that dreadful day when the Harvest had failed and the local Christians blamed it on the witches they knew their times of peace were up. One night they came and took Coventina’s mother away for trial. Coventina and her sisters had one course. They had to find their extended family and warn them.

 
We have two hunters so far, or lines thereof, who may end up helping our witches. We have Aerewyn, Rain, her sister yet unnamed from Dutchrain (Perhaps a year younger than Rain, and their kid sister Coventina. I think no more than one other witch, if that. We can use these current writers to begin and add npc's as needed. Begin Monday? Let's try for a twice per week posting minimum.
 
Thanks for having me in.

I'll post a character description later today.
 
Ailbe Moonaltar

Mother: Opal Moonaltar
Father:
Age: A year younger than her sister Rain and five (would that be alright with Coventina being the kid-sister?) years elder than Coventina.

Named for the three white strands in her jet-black hair, which where clearly visible when she was born. Luckily they almost disappeared in the mass of black hear when she grew up. She is the only black-haired one in a family of redheads and brunettes.

She is quite tall, and has a womanly figure.

She is shy. Sometimes she masks it with bravado. She is a hard worker, loves to study. She also can forget what she was supposed to do and lose lots of time over a little flower, a beetle or a baby-cat.
 

Attachments

  • stock-photo-beautiful-brunette-woman-with-beauty-long-curly-hair-fashion-model-with-wavy-hairsty.jpg
    stock-photo-beautiful-brunette-woman-with-beauty-long-curly-hair-fashion-model-with-wavy-hairsty.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
Deacon Frost

Deacon is a soldier, but he is not just any soldier, he does not belong to a lord, he does not sell his sword to the highest bidder. He is a soldier in the Faith. From all corners people are being hunted by evil. Deacon and a group of God-fearing men travel the country-side, they hunt down evil, he had seen a lot and so far he had survived it all.

OK if you need more, let me know please, my meds are kicking in now.
 
Last edited:
Looks like we can begin soon. I'll post an intro and post the main thread link in here within the coming week.
(Sorry for the delay. Family emergency. Uncle had a heart attack and is still in hospital with.continuing health problems following a triple bipass. I've been busy keeping in contact with family and performing emcantationncantations to send him as much healing light energy as I can manage.)
 
woodsman?

Do you have any interest in a woodsman? He could be someone that your group runs into. He is quiet and rough mannered but nice enough when the mood suits him.
 
Back
Top