Here's a responsible gun owner.

And coming from you, our favorite Canadian Nationalist, that can only mean destroying two of the most important civil rights that Americans enjoy, the right to talk shit and do so with a 9 in their back pocket.

The latter is not really important.
 
An amendment is NOT exclusively a change. For it to be a change you would have to point to the language that was changed.

That is not true. If it adds something not mentioned in the original document, it is still a change.
 
No....it's just the rantings of a Canadian nationalist who's never been to the US.

I think the average Canadian who has never been to the U.S. knows a lot more about the U.S. than the average American who has never been to Canada knows about Canada.
 
sensible people have long pointed out that Mexico is a textbook example of why gun control doesn't work.

It does work very well in Japan, the UK, etc. The difference, I suppose, is partly a cultural one, depending on how much respect the people have for the law and the government, and partly a matter of how effectual the government is. I like to think the U.S. scores high on both axes, and certainly it does score higher than Mexico, but I know it does not score as high as Japan or the UK.
 
I've been as far south as Tennessee. Went to school for a bit in Ohio. Used to regularly go to Auburn Hills and Hillsdale Michigan. Circumnavigated Lake Erie on motorcycle. Got lost late at night in downtown Detroit. Never saw burned cars on the street before. Not a huge fan of going to the US. Not a very safe place to travel, relatively speaking. Food is meh! Took advantage of booze in convenience store but remain unconvinced is a good idea. Tried not wearing a helmet. Fucking scary, uncomfortable and painful when you catch anything in the face at speed.

England I liked great place to visit. Bit pricey to live there. Yankland nothing great about it. Booze, smokes and gas cheap.


Mexico has issues way beyond gun ownership by citizens. I doubt an armed citizenry in Mexico would solve the drug problem or government corruption. Doesn't in the US.

I'm a Yorkshire/England/Canada/Earth nationalist. Actually more of an exuberant patriot of where I have lived. All some of the best places on Earth for many reasons.
 
Last edited:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-4-shoots-self-while-grabbing-candy-in-grandmas-purse/

Girl, 4, shoots self while grabbing candy in grandma's purse
A 4-year-old Florida girl has died after accidentally pulling the trigger of a gun when she reached into her grandmother's purse for candy.

Yanelly "Nelly" Zoller died Sept. 14 at the Tampa home of her grandparents, Michael and Christie Zoller.

Her 22-year-old father Shane Zoller told the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday that she just wanted candy.

Tampa police told the newspaper they are investigating the case, but have no reason to doubt Zoller's story. Police told CBS News' Crimesider that the gun was legally owned and that both the grandmother and the girl's father were at home at the time of the incident.
Florida, of course.
 
I think the average Canadian who has never been to the U.S. knows a lot more about the U.S. than the average American who has never been to Canada knows about Canada.
"One in bed beside an elephant tends to note its rolling-over habits," or something like that.

No, it isn't. Some people should not be allowed to own firearms at all, and the law says many are not so allowed.
Many weapons, firearms and otherwise, are regulated. Am I entitled to carry RPG launchers, spring-loaded stilettos, and morningstars in public in USA? Probably not in Canada, either.

Mexico has issues way beyond gun ownership by citizens. I doubt an armed citizenry in Mexico would solve the drug problem or government corruption. Doesn't in the US.
Mexico's problems are partly USA-induced but mostly their own fault, exacerbated by a Napoleonic legal system. Mexican elites make arrogant Gringos look civil.

The Mexican legal system is straightforward: buy whatever justice you can afford. Depraved debauched guilty asshole expats tell me, "You can buy your way out of anything." Bribing a traffic cop is cheaper than paying a ticket. Bribing a vice cop beats standing trial for pederasty. Bribing the warden makes the prison your estate.

As you say, "I doubt an armed citizenry in Mexico would solve the drug problem or government corruption. Doesn't in the US." That's the point. Armed citizens are no match for an armed military. Here comes the insurgent army! Drop a tactical nuke on them and they're no longer a problem. Gun nutz are insane.
 
She waited until after sundown to walk her dogs, because hunters have to stop at sundown.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/24/hunter-shoots-kills-woman-after-mistaking-her-for-deer.html

Thomas Jadlowski, 34, believed he saw a deer in a field about 200 yards away from him when he shot Rosemary Billquist in the hip with a high-powered pistol. The 43-year-old woman was walking her two Labrador Retrievers in the field behind her home in Sherman.

Rushing toward Billquist after hearing her scream, Jadlowski called 911 and applied pressure on her wound until paramedics arrived. Billquist was taken to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Erie, Pa., where she was pronounced dead.

While no charges have been filed against Jadlowski and he has been cooperating with investigators, the shooting was reported at 5:24 p.m., which is 40 minutes after sunset. It is against New York state law to hunt deer after sunset.

Jaime Billquist also said his wife was shot on their next-door neighbor's property and that Jadlowski didn't have permission to be hunting on the property.
 
Unarmed Kansas man killed by police was likely the unintended victim of 'Call of Duty' 'swatting' prank

An unarmed Kansas man shot to death by police earlier this week might have been the victim of a misdirected online gaming prank known as "swatting," authorities said Friday.

The victim, identified as Andrew Finch, was gunned down on Thursday night after cops received a disturbing 911 call from a man who claimed he had shot his father and was holding his mother and younger brother hostage.

"I shot him in the head and he's not breathing anymore," the caller said, according to a recording released by the Wichita Police Department.

The caller then added, "I might just pour gasoline all over the house, I might just set it on fire."
 
https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/05/man-pleads-guilty-in-fatal-shooting-of-mounds-view-mechanic/

Cousins told the court that he brought a gun along because he thought others with Ryman might have one. He pulled out his gun and tried to hit Ryman in the head with it.

Instead, the gun went off and fired one bullet into Ryman’s chest, just below the neck, killing him at the scene, the complaint states. Cousins said he didn’t intend for Ryman to get shot.

Cousins was convicted in 2015 for having a gun while ineligible.
 
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...Gov-Barbour-arrested-with-gun-at-12537690.php

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says he will pay a fine after being arrested with a loaded handgun in his briefcase as he went through an airport security checkpoint.

"This was absentmindedness and nobody's fault but mine," said Barbour, 70, who lives in Mississippi and frequently travels to Washington for his job as a lobbyist.

Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said a TSA officer working at an X-ray machine at a checkpoint at Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport spotted a .38-caliber revolver, loaded with five bullets, in a passenger's carry-on bag. TSA contacted airport police, who arrested the passenger. The TSA would not release the passenger's name, but Farbstein confirmed it was a former governor, and Barbour confirmed to AP that it was he.

The fine for having a loaded firearm at an airport checkpoint begins at $3,920, according to a TSA website.
 
I would wager that you have more posts than anybody here on the subject.

Really?

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 300
User Name Posts
phrodeau 56
BotanyBoy 39
Hard_Rom 21
KingOrfeo 17
chillywilly2 15
rocket_surgery 15
Connie 11
HisArpy 10
toeskr 9
bronzeage 8
Hypoxia 5
Ishmael 5
islandman 5
JerichoEd 5
Colonel Hogan 5
Shagly 4
Squibbs 4
ryan8558 3
Luke_Atmydik 3
koalabear 3
thør 3
about_average 3
Recidiva 2
JohnnySavage 2
LadyVer 2
OldJourno 2
IrezumiKiss 2
richard_daily 2
ms_ann_thrope 2
Que 2
Owwee 2
miles 2
eyerlives 2
Busybody 1
InstantAngel17 1
blobfish 1
LIVINRFANTASIES 1
Hashtag47 1
eyer 1
FGB 1
contrifan32 1
Joeybagadonuts 1
PayDay 1
gardenia19 1
kismet999 1
Down4fun91 1
AngeloMichael 1
LiFeNdEaTh 1
juttjaw 1
Fiona000 1
fgarvb1 1
someoneyouknow 1
4est_4est_Gump 1
Exquisition 1
water505 1
Saint Peter 1
akatrex 1
butters 1
Disgustipated 1
DooleyDarter 1
RobDownSouth 1
domroger 1
Show Thread & Close Window
 
Back
Top