Dear X:

Dear Future Self,

I hope you look back and remember the long road that led you to where you currently are. It was a very hard road to travel with many car-eating potholes, but you got by it. Remember when you went 3000 miles to college, and all that you had learned from the experience even though the lessons were for life and not academia. You met your first -- and hopefully not your only -- love. He shattered your heart into a million pieces until you thought you would die, but you lived.

In your desperate attempt to forget your first love, you ran right into the arms of Mr Wrong and suffered dearly for it. At least you escaped by transferring to a college closer to home where you had the support of your mother to protect you. Remember the emotional problems that plagued you...the low self-esteemed you battled. You thought your life came to an end the day you were suspended from college. With a lot of help and soul-searching, you managed to get back into college and turn your life around.

As I write this letter to you now, I'm standing at the edge of a turning point in our lives. I'm finally getting my undergraduates and have applied to Grad School. Even after all the successes I have trailed behind me since the suspension, I'm still unsure that I'll be accepted. I'm sorry to admit that I'm afraid to succeed. All I can think about is what might go wrong.

I hope that your smiling remembering this silly fear. Right now, you're sitting at a desk, in your office or at home, and you have a bright trail of success trailing you as well. Keep me in mind as you continue succeeding in everything you do. Always be brave in everything you set your mind to. Your road is smoother now, but always remember the bumps and car-eating potholes you have overcome.

Yours,
Knitedreams

Last edited:
Dear T,

Give it a fucking rest already! The man is MARRIED and devoted to his wife and kid. Your infatuation will only lead you to a broken heart and a two-year-long crying fit on MY shoulder. Honestly, my eyes are tired of rolling at your ridiculous descriptions of how "perfect" he is. No one is perfect!

I'm also sick and tired of your constant habit of steering every conversation topic to him. It's always you, you, you expounding upon the wonderfulness of him, him, him. Even when you're not talking about him, it always has to be you, you, you. I know you worry about being a good friend to me, but when I say "No, really, you ARE a good friend," I'm really saying that to be nice. Truth is, you're okay, but fast becoming annoying. Not once have I complained about any of your frustratingly annoying idiosyncrasies and I most likely never will since I'm no good with arguments and you'll never read this.

Do you have any fucking idea how annoying it is to need someone to talk too and then have you start talking about HIM the second I take a breath and gather my thoughts? Stop it! I don't go to you for a friendly ear often, but when I do, I expect you to show me the same courtesy that I ALWAYS show you!

You're wondering why I'm so quiet lately? Because I have a lot more to worry about than I use to and my mind is thinking on other things while you rattle on. I figured since all you do is become redundant on how fucking "perfect" he is, you only need me to give you the pretense of listening. Besides, every time you tell me to repeat what you just told me, I can guess what you've been saying with annoying accuracy.

Compared to last semester when I had very little to worry about -- things were going my way, I had no job, and I had all the time in the world. I'm freaking busy as hell this semester. I'm working on my senior seminar paper along with taking three other classes and I want to get good grades in all of them. Not to mention that damn writing sample for the Grad Application is like having another class. I have a job now and NO free time. Of course I'm distracted. Of course my mind is somewhere else.

I can't concentrate 100% on you anymore. I have to concentrate on me now, especially when my future is on the line. So get over your infatuation or shut up about it because I already know YOU think he's perfect! You want to be a good friend? Then don't turn my personal problems that I want you to listen too once-in-a-blue-moon into dreamy renditions of how perfect he is!!!

Hell! I really don't care, he's not all that attractive to begin with, and he's fucking MARRIED! Just because I have my own individual thoughts and opinions about the man that doesn't agree with your own doesn't make me a man hater.

Oh...AND you're a hypocrite! I respect the fact that you LOVE the summer time, but respect the fact that I hate summer and LOVE winter. Don't fucking tell me to shut up when I daydream about how wonderful winter is. I didn't tell YOU to shut up when you waxed poetic about the summer. WINTER RULES, you sun-loving bitch!!!

Your disgruntled and utterly pissed off friend,
knitedreams

P.S. Yes I am pissed you forgot your promise to go to England with me this upcoming summer and instead decided to study abroad in China. You can do that in Grad School just like me!

Dear Knitedreams,

Sounds like your friend is a fairweather friend and an emotional vampire. Having just had dealings with one of my own I'm telling you now - it may be a lot easier to pull away a little.

Remember that you have to look after yourself first of all, because no-one else will. Look after yourself and you'll be a better friend for those who really deserve you.

Good Luck
xxx
V

knitedreams said:
Dear Future Self,

I hope you look back and remember the long road that led you to where you currently are. It was a very hard road to travel with many car-eating potholes, but you got by it. Remember when you went 3000 miles to college, and all that you had learned from the experience even though the lessons were for life and not academia. You met your first -- and hopefully not your only -- love. He shattered your heart into a million pieces until you thought you would die, but you lived.

In your desperate attempt to forget your first love, you ran right into the arms of Mr Wrong and suffered dearly for it. At least you escaped by transferring to a college closer to home where you had the support of your mother to protect you. Remember the emotional problems that plagued you...the low self-esteemed you battled. You thought your life came to an end the day you were suspended from college. With a lot of help and soul-searching, you managed to get back into college and turn your life around.

As I write this letter to you now, I'm standing at the edge of a turning point in our lives. I'm finally getting my undergraduates and have applied to Grad School. Even after all the successes I have trailed behind me since the suspension, I'm still unsure that I'll be accepted. I'm sorry to admit that I'm afraid to succeed. All I can think about is what might go wrong.

I hope that your smiling remembering this silly fear. Right now, you're sitting at a desk, in your office or at home, and you have a bright trail of success trailing you as well. Keep me in mind as you continue succeeding in everything you do. Always be brave in everything you set your mind to. Your road is smoother now, but always remember the bumps and car-eating potholes you have overcome.

Yours,
Knitedreams
* hugs * :rose:

Dear X

So here we are almost a year after we met, and yet here we aren't. I have had to block you everywhere just to have peace.
I have had to remove you from my life just so I can have peace of mind and not be harassed every 5 minutes by venomous drivel. telling me everything is my fault, that I am an attention seeker, that i am doing everything i can to hurt you.
The truth is you know me better than that. You also know that you're the one hurting yourself and those around you.
I put up with far more crap from you than I should have. I did things wrong too. I freely admit that. I am not evil incarnate though. I am not the one who can't keep their damn mouth shut.
I am sorry for how this has come to pass. I am sorry to see our friendship end. I am sorry you felt the need to tell some of the most intimate details to my mum. Yeah I told her a lot but you omg.... you told her everything and made me out to be the bad guy through it all. Only all the lies you told back fired cause I had proof. And your mad about that too.
I am not pushing you out of friends circle we are in. You alone are making the problem where none exists. If you can't be an adult about it, it's not my problem.
i bent over backwards to be your friend and in the end ended up hurting myself and all my other friends by pushing them away.
Well no more i am back and i won't be made to feel less than I am. I am me , I am stronger than you think, I can and will move past this.
Thats what upsets you the most now. Knowing that I can and will be ok. I have enough friends who know and love the real me.Ii don't have to change for them. damn me for not being true to myself in the first place.
Your constantly making me feel like I don't measure up is not friendship. Your obsession with me is not love.
You made me feel like I was drowning, well i don't want to drown anymore. i want to soar and fly free and have my friends around me, not pushed away out of fear that you will freak out about it.
So I am so sorry its come to this. I will miss you more than you will ever know.
however it's time to let go and move on with my life. I can't trust you to be my friend anymore so now, it's come to a point where I must cut all ties.
I couldn't have gotten this far with the help of a few very special people. So I thank them for that. You might end up hating them for it. But we have all tried. Begged you to get the help you need. done all we can. I can do no more, I almost let you destroy me, it took a very special person to wake me up. Now that I am awake, seen the point I let myself get to. Well I don't ever want to go back there again it's black and ugly. I like it out here in the sunshine. I know you would too, but u won't even try to step out of the darkness. You blame everyone else for your problems, You are old enough to take responsibility now.... I hope you get the help you need. I know you could be a wonderful person if only you could get over the past.
Once the anger and hurt is past I know I will remember the good things. I hope you can too.
I really will miss you. You have been a big part of my life.
I hope you find what your seeking.
Goodbye to you..
Love
Cinn

Dear X,

We've been friends for years. I love you dearly, but it hurts me to see you doing things that will only bring you trouble.

Ever since your divorce from a loving, responsible man, you've seemed to change. You hang around people who are trouble: they do drugs and go in and out of jail like it has a revolving door. I've tried to help. Even your ex tries to help, and he still loves you. The best thing you could do for you and your children is to go back to him while he'll still have you, and stop the spiral I see so clearly, but you're blind to.

I can't loan you anymore money. You never pay me back. You lost your HUD funding for your apartment because you wouldn't pay your light bill. You lost your food stamps because you wouldn't check your mail, and so missed your recertification appointment. Now you're homeless.

I got back the furniture today that I'd loaned you. My $1200 dining room table has a large gouge in it. I had to worry that someone was going to steal it and I'd never get it back after the sheriff put you out of your place. It shouldn't have been my responsibility to get it back. YOU are the one that borrowed it.

Every time I loan you money because I feel bad that you don't have a phone, or your kids need food, you say "I'll pay you back on Friday." I know you get your child support on Friday, but even when I go to you on the very day you get it, I only get about half of what I loaned you back, and you promptly forget the rest. I've been late paying my own bills to help you.

I made your car payment, and bought your kids xmas one year...remember that? You've never even attempted to pay me back, even when I've done your taxes for you every year, and I know how much of a refund you get. Not even $20 towards that $600 in over five years. You laugh when you say, "I'll die owing you money." It's not funny.

I can't do this anymore. I love you, but I can't watch you go down the path you're headed, and continue to give and give and give while you won't even help yourself. I'm still your friend, but I don't have anything else to give you.

I'm sorry.

~ Cloudy

Last edited:
Dear I F

This is where I'm taking you for the day. And if we like it there, we might stay longer. As long as you want.

Happy Birthday! :rose:

Love,
Me

18672439_dfe80024a3.jpg

cloudy said:
Dear X,

We've been friends for years. I love you dearly, but it hurts me to see you doing things that will only bring you trouble.

Ever since your divorce from a loving, responsible man, you've seemed to change. You hang around people who are trouble: they do drugs and go in and out of jail like it has a revolving door. I've tried to help. Even your ex tries to help, and he still loves you. The best thing you could do for you and your children is to go back to him while he'll still have you, and stop the spiral I see so clearly, but you're blind to.

I can't loan you anymore money. You never pay me back. You lost your HUD funding for your apartment because you wouldn't pay your light bill. You lost your food stamps because you wouldn't check your mail, and so missed your recertification appointment. Now you're homeless.

I got back the furniture today that I'd loaned you. My $1200 dining room table has a large gouge in it. I had to worry that someone was going to steal it and I'd never get it back after the sheriff put you out of your place. It shouldn't have been my responsibility to get it back. YOU are the one that borrowed it.

Every time I loan you money because I feel bad that you don't have a phone, or your kids need food, you say "I'll pay you back on Friday." I know you get your child support on Friday, but even when I go to you on the very day you get it, I only get about half of what I loaned you back, and you promptly forget the rest. I've been late paying my own bills to help you.

I made your car payment, and bought your kids xmas one year...remember that? You've never even attempted to pay me back, even when I've done your taxes for you every year, and I know how much of a refund you get. Not even $20 towards that $600 in over five years. You laugh when you say, "I'll die owing you money." It's not funny.

I can't do this anymore. I love you, but I can't watch you go down the path you're headed, and continue to give and give and give while you won't even help yourself. I'm still your friend, but I don't have anything else to give you.

I'm sorry.

~ Cloudy

Damn, to quote Nora Jones.... You humble me.

-KC

Dear B and M...

No. It isn't ok. You don't care about the damage that has been done. Maybe it was an accident. But it was one that not only could have been prevented, it shouldn't have happened at all. It goes way beyond careless. It isn't funny. Maybe it didn't mean anything to you. But it meant the world to me. I don't even know how to begin to salvage what's left... :( and no. I don't want your help. You only offered because you were instructed to. Even so, you aren't welcome to be a part of this... To answer your question - No. You are not forgiven for this.

Let me sleep, now, please?

Dear God. . .

I beg of you DO NOT let this happen to me. I honestly don't know how I would handle it. I don't know how they would. I am the ROCK.

Your servant.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
Dear God. . .

I beg of you DO NOT let this happen to me. I honestly don't know how I would handle it. I don't know how they would. I am the ROCK.

Your servant.

*hugs* and holds on tight.

Dear Karma,

Yes...you're a fucking laugh a minute, but its getting old now. I'm so tired of this. Were my past sins really that bad?
I need a break.

P

RedHairedandFriendly said:
Dear Trom,

:D

Thanks,

Red
Dear Red,

Glad to be of service. :D

Dear whoever,

It just so happens that I'm stuck with that old piece of junk for quite a while longer as my parents are waiting for a sale before they get me a new one. :rolleyes: Thus I'll just have to hope that my computer works when I need it to.

On another note, Jimminy Christmas do I miss free time. I haven't been online in over a week! Then when I do have free time on the weekends I usually sleep in until the middle of the afternoon, leaving no time to drive down to school to get online. Fortunately today was a minimum day because of Halloween and our carnival. :D lol, one kid actually dressed up as a Myspace page, and another was a can of Spam. :p Then I got thrown in jail, but one of my other students bailed me out. Sometimes I love my job...although technically it's not a job since I'm not getting paid for it.

Whatever.

Trom

Dear X:

I still can't believe that you went there. I know that we have come to this fork in the road thru faults both yours and mine and I don't want to go through a listing of either persons mistakes.

I'm not relegating myself to the couch (which would kill my back and neck) when I return, just so you can feel better about the sleeping arrangements.
And quit acting like you did me a favor by actually paying me my fair share of the equity in the home. You didn't do me a favor by giving me what is mine anyway. I did you a favor by not contesting the division of property... and I did that for only one reason. To make this as smooth as possible for my children. To ease their transition.

If we go to court, then I will really get my fair share. Which is going to result in you getting less.

I will live here as long as I can so that I can maximize the time with my children before I have to leave them. Something you don't have to do. My daughter slept in my arms last night, and I have a horribly stiff neck from trying not to disturb her. I want that pain as often as possible. I will never get this time back.

I already miss them so much. I love them more than anything else in the world.

And, yes... even now, I love you. It's you that is clinging to an outmoded and harmful framework that is only loosely based on the reality of life in this era. It is that moral framework which demands our parting, to spare our children the damage of us fighting. The fact that the majority of America may feel the same means nothing. The majority once thought the sun circled the flat earth. The majority once thought a different skin tone meant different biology. And the majority in power would have once told me that I owned my wife, that women were property. So much for the validating power of the majority. Generally speaking, the majority sucks and is wrong as or more often than right.

I'm sorry you're in pain. But so am I.

I signed it. It's done.

Last edited:
dear chick at the front desk in ER,
fuck. you. bitch.
it took a lot of restraint not to put you in one of those fucking rooms. it would've been worth getting taken away for assault and battery. :mad:

and the poor woman in the waiting room begging to have someone take her son that couldn't breathe and was having severe chest pains.... are you fucking kidding me, your response was "you'll just have to wait it's shift change!!!" :confused: you should sooooo fucking be fired.

at least the people on the other side of the door were a hell-of-a-lot more attentive, caring, and competent!

~C~

~~~~
dear S
thanks for the strength sweet. please keep what u can spare comin' our way. :heart: :kiss: :rose:

~C~

~~~~
dear T,
it breaks me to watch you suffer. please get better. :heart: :heart: :heart:

~C~

~~~~
dear x,
i really need you right now. :(

Dear X,

I love how you can pinpoint just what turns me on. If only you could see the dreams I had last night, thanks to you.

:kiss:
Cerise

Dear Bel,
No good words. But...as small as they are, *hugs* and warm thoughts for you. :rose:
-Blue

Dear X's,

Why?

That house was the one I've dreamed of owning since I was just a little girl. I had paint chips, fabric swatches, was living my dreams picking out colors, and carpets. I could just see the hardwood floors refinished and gleaming.

I was planning on hosting my family at the holidays - finally. It was large enough for my big family to be comfortable in, and I could see us eating Christmas dinner in the dining room, having dessert in the living room while a fire crackled in the fireplace.

The pool and pool house were perfect for my son. He's becoming so sociable, and I wanted a place his friends would like to come to so that when he gets a little older, I wouldn't have to worry about where he was when it got late on Saturday night, because he and his friends would be at our house, where there was enough room for them all.

I could have finally had a gathering of my friends there. There was plenty of room for everyone to have a place to sleep, and I saw us having drinks around the pool at night and laughing while we told stories to each other.

It was within my grasp. We had the loan. We had the contractor to fix what was wrong. We had the real estate agent, the attorney for closing, and we were just waiting for a closing date.

Instead, you little pieces of shit decided to destroy it, and you burned it down. You burned my dream right down to the foundation. A year of work is just....gone.

I hope you worthless bastards burn in hell for what you've done.

~ Cloudy

Last edited:
For everyone that needs some lots of hugs :)
Dear X
You asked for honesty I gave it. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I am not gonna lie and say I am not in love when I am.
It's not you. I understand that it hurts but I told you all along all I wanted was your friendship. Maybe if you had listened instead of pushing your way into my life like you did, maybe then we would still be friends.
I am a fantasy to you, a dream you created in your head. I want reality. I have it with him. I wish you could be happy for us. I know you won't be though.
One last goodbye from me
I wish you nothing but good things
Cinn

Dear Boredom, Homework, and my empty wallet,

You guys suck. Big time.

Trom

Back