North Carolina anyone

Ok NC people, my company is relocating me to NC soon. My territory will be SC and NC. If you had your choice of any place to live..where would you choose to live if you had to travel in NC and SC?

Will you be flying or driving, primarily? And anything you wanna tell us about your personality and interests?

I'm biased as I live in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), but I think Charlotte and Raleigh are like polar opposites at times. I'd be leery to make a blind suggestion without getting to know someone first, assuming they're uprooting and making a home for themselves here. :) I've seen people relocate to a 3,000 sq. ft. house in Charlotte for under half a mil from the Northeast for the quality of life and hate it so much they moved back into their million dollar bungalow with high taxes and piles of snow! RTP is a tech Mecca but I've had two friends move to California for better work opportunities in SV.

If you have kids in public school then you wanna do some major research, and you might want to look at a map of which counties typically vote red or blue if that matters to you. :)

Good luck! When in doubt, you can always rent for a while to get a feel for the area.

Will you be flying or driving, primarily? And anything you wanna tell us about your personality and interests?

I'm biased as I live in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), but I think Charlotte and Raleigh are like polar opposites at times. I'd be leery to make a blind suggestion without getting to know someone first, assuming they're uprooting and making a home for themselves here. :) I've seen people relocate to a 3,000 sq. ft. house in Charlotte for under half a mil from the Northeast for the quality of life and hate it so much they moved back into their million dollar bungalow with high taxes and piles of snow! RTP is a tech Mecca but I've had two friends move to California for better work opportunities in SV.

If you have kids in public school then you wanna do some major research, and you might want to look at a map of which counties typically vote red or blue if that matters to you. :)

Good luck! When in doubt, you can always rent for a while to get a feel for the area.

We'd agree with Jenni. We love the Triangle. Lots of opportunities and really nice quality of life for the cost. Charlotte and the Triangle are very different. Charlotte is very financially/business oriented and the Triangle very science/medical/education oriented.

Happy New Year! My plan is to rest now that I'm home from vacation.

So, NC, anyone excited for this Panthers' game on Saturday?

[Crickets]

Last edited:
Ah, enjoy that! There is nothing quite like the first night back in your own bed. How was the vacation? Restful?

It was very relaxing. And my body got used to the 80F weather, so this cold has been quite a shock.

Do we really have to put up with more rain tomorrow? Wouldn't it be great if the sun came out...

Back