The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Halloween Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Posts
9,412
Wow, I'm late! Sorry everyone! Lost track of things with the school year starting. Now that Summer Lovin's over, time to turn to autumnal lovin', or spookin', or whatever it is you do. It's time to get ready for the 2014 Literotica Halloween contest.

Here's the thread for questions, frenzied attempts to bypass writer's block, and other support, both normal and otherworldly, that we might be able to offer each other.

Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 1
closes: October 22
winners announced: October 29
 
Working on mine now.

Going the serial killer route.

And no, the killer didn't take out Captain Crunch or Tony the Tiger.


Just needed to head that one off because its a joke I would make
 
I've got 3 for this. I'm currently editing my first bdsm story. Then a brother/sister, then a nonconsent.

The main focus is masked events.
 
What, already? I'm working on a mini-trilogy: three Incest shorts in one submission. That's necessary due to the naming of each episode. Only problem: the middle episode seems to be growing, so it may be its own entry -- and I'll need another vignette to fill-in the mini-trilogy. Oh, the travails of authorship...

Hmmm, an LW idea just came to me. So there'll be the mini-trilogy and its spinoff in Incest, and the LW possibility... and who know what else could crawl out of my maggot brain? No aliens or tentacles, I promise. Probably.
 
Last edited:
Nooooo......

I have a great idea but hardly anything written and from the looks of things, not much free time in the near future.

Crosses fingers..
 
Nooooo......

I have a great idea but hardly anything written and from the looks of things, not much free time in the near future.

Crosses fingers..

The contest closes in 5 weeks. Are you working too hard/long?
 
I've got a plot bunny bouncing around on the desk.

Maybe when he gets done eating all the carrots, I will be able to get him sit still and rub noses with the muse.
 
[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2014 Halloween Contest

sexy-halloween.jpg

year #5 on a.i.r…

You can begin submitting your stories on Sunday September 26th and up until October 24th. We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified.

The winners will be announced on or around October 31st

You can discuss this special contest on the tigerlady’s AHland toady thread, or of course on the WORLD FAMOUS A.I.R. thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
While the LITEROTICA Halloween Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules.​

RULES (for the A.I.R. section of the contest):
(see the QUEEN for this weeks LITEROTICA Rules and their interpretation)

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately.

- Nor will stories featuring characters, locales, plot lines, etc., etc., that have been previously used by the author be accepted.

- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Rated

- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center.

- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away.

- Story must have a Halloween Day Theme.

- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 5 LITEROTICA pages in length (20,000 words).

- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS –ie whoever owns the condiment ALTS this contest are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest.

-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking.

- No character may be named Pauletta.

- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!

- The "least viewed" story in the contest has absolutely no chance of winning a prize.

- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected.

- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!

- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this o the A.I.R. thread.

GOOD LUCK!!!
 
I've got 3 for this. I'm currently editing my first bdsm story. Then a brother/sister, then a nonconsent.

The main focus is masked events.

I'm probably just going to have two but, if I have enough time, I might write a third. I still have to figure out how to work in characters named Pauletta.
 
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
All replying to Scouries would do is encourage him. His claims of royalties are so ridiculous that no sane intelligent person would ever believe him. If I addressed that, then he'd make up another ridiculous claim
 
I didn't get my Summer contest story finished in time, but as it features sex demons and a death or three, I reckon it will be just as good for Halloween instead.
 
I've got one started, it's not very original, in the Mature category, a typical costume mix up on the part of the older woman. So far all I have is too much detail in the setup. I hope I finish it.
 
you bastard! :D ;)

not a glimmer of an idea here... :(

I have a folder of part completed Halloween stories that were to be entries in 2013, 2012, 2011...

There are a dozen or so, but apart from Miranda's Husband - which would be a sequel to my long story Miranda the Witch - I can't generate any enthusiasm for any of them.
 
was that lovergirl's ALT quoting the QUEEN?

Here's what she really said about the two who chase each other all around the forums - don't you remember:

image.php


And that is why I have no interest in talking to you (ace) or LC… Because experience has shown me that the two of you have little interest in improving the site. You want to tear it down, to slander its ownership and the site itself. I am willing to - and I do, every day - discuss site issues with people who see weaknesses and want to help improve things. I am not willing to be insulted, berated, and yelled at constantly. That is not a good use of my time and it is not enjoyable.
 
I'm very excited about this. I have an exceptionally disturbing one that I think will score quite poorly but which I am actually very proud of and a fun, highly sexed one about female liberation.

I can't wait to read what you guys come up with.
 
I'm very excited about this. I have an exceptionally disturbing one that I think will score quite poorly but which I am actually very proud of and a fun, highly sexed one about female liberation.

I can't wait to read what you guys come up with.

Female liberation is very disturbing to a faction of the male readership here.
 
I have two in the hopper and will start another one when I've finished this Valentine's Day story I'm working on. Halloween probably is the easiest of the contests for me to think up stories for. I'll have an anthology coming out for Halloween too.
 
I wrote something today. I took advantage of my post-migraine medicine head. It might not make any sense, but it's better than not writing, like the last 2 weeks.
 
I wrote something today. I took advantage of my post-migraine medicine head. It might not make any sense, but it's better than not writing, like the last 2 weeks.

Not me, when a migraine finally passes I feel hung over for two days. Its the type of haze you should have had one hell of a night to earn.
 
Not me, when a migraine finally passes I feel hung over for two days. Its the type of haze you should have had one hell of a night to earn.

I caught it before it got to the agony stage. Thank goodness. Now I just feel crappy from the meds.
 
I'm very excited about this. I have an exceptionally disturbing one that I think will score quite poorly but which I am actually very proud of and a fun, highly sexed one about female liberation.

I can't wait to read what you guys come up with.

Bet I get more abuse than you....I'm excited about mine, but popular it won't be. I'm writing this strictly for me and.... someone told me my stories have been to "playful" of late, so you know...
 
I wrote something today. I took advantage of my post-migraine medicine head. It might not make any sense, but it's better than not writing, like the last 2 weeks.

Sorry for the migraine, glad it's gone.

I haven't written in far longer than two weeks... wish I had an idea to get me started, but I guess one will come...
 
Back
Top