Immortal Love (Closed for Veroe)

IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Where did you go? I searched for you, but never found any sign of you."

Alain looked at her. She was keeping her distance; Why?

He both wanted her close and wanted to never cross her path again.

"I used all of the jewelry save for my wedding rings to pay those who helped me to hide all proof of me," She admitted, "After that I... I just kept running... praying you were safe and alive."

"Running from what?"

"It is good to see the Gods who denied my death granted my prayers for your survival."

"Selena," He said sternly, "What were you running from?"

Then he felt the quickening stirring in the air, another Immortal was coming. He turned to see a woman in a long coat, beret, and expensive gloves enter the tent. She had a definite resemblance to Selena though she wore her hair short and was taller, but the two of them could be cousins or even sisters.

"She was running from the one thing a woman always runs from, Mr. De'Montreau," She said stepping forward, "A man."

She stepped up to the stage and looked Selena up and down and snorted, "Frankly I don't see it. He's obsessed with you, and here you are soooo lacking."
 
Selena watched the woman walk over and say her peace as she stared at her with all the bearing of the Ancient Royal Priestess that she had been as she spoke.

Clearly he does not feel that I am lacking even now that he is more monster than man... Kesi... still his good little lap bitch... or simply a less recognizable hunter leading his mortal hounds to eternally track down his true desire. Trust me child were it that I could make him see that you were his better choice but I can't even make the butcher kill me... and he will never let anyone kill me... not even you...

Kesi hissed at all the truth that Selena spoke... Kesi had never dared to leave his side... accepted the monstrous abuse that he sought to dish out in his rage and strange madness yet she was always less than his precious Selena even though she ran from him and did not love him she was all he wanted even when he took time with Kesi.

No... no one can harm a single hair on precious Selena's head but... Sonam... thats a different story... while she can't simply be killed for the sake of killing the boys are mortal so they can... enjoy your little mortal daughter... and IF she survives he might just accept her as a daughter... or something...

She knew threatening the little mortal whelp would get through to the precious "princess Selena" knock her off her pedestal. The look in her eyes... perfect Selena's idiotic hopes that a normal life can be hers when she hurts and mistreats the man who Kesi loves more than anything is going to cost her.

Selena turned her eyes to Alain as if pleading for him to find and protect Sonam. That cold regal demeanor shattering as her fear for Sonam's life floods her eyes

Alain... Kesi can't kill me she is just a voice... please... protect Sonam... please...

Oh yes... love sick fool go rescue the little princess... scurry like the whipped little mongrel you are...

Out in the camp Frank Sonam and several others were moving around the carnival trying to protect the patrons and those of the family that can not defend themselves. Sonam still had the sword in her hands as she closed in on one of the guys trying to trash the carnival as he moved closer to Tia and her brother. Smart enough to make sure the tip of the sword be te first words the idiot gets as the tip finds the ribs nearest to his heart once passing through a lung if it was required.

Leave now and take your boys... or else... NOW
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

She stepped up to the stage and looked Selena up and down and snorted, "Frankly I don't see it. He's obsessed with you, and here you are soooo lacking."

Selena had changed her bearing stiffened, her face drained of the torn emotions that was there before. She looked down on this newcomer like a queen about to pass sentence on a traitor.

"Clearly he does not feel that I am lacking even now that he is more monster than man... Kesi... still his good little lap bitch... or simply a less recognizable hunter leading his mortal hounds to eternally track down his true desire," She said like every word was dagger thrown at the woman, "Trust me child were it that I could make him see that you were his better choice but I can't even make the butcher kill me... and he will never let anyone kill me... not even you..."

"Selena, what's going on," Alain eyebrows rose, "Who is this person? Who is the man you run from?"

The woman, Kesi, hissed at Selena, "No... no one can harm a single hair on precious Selena's head but... Sonam..." she smiled with cruel glee, "Thats a different story... while she can't simply be killed for the sake of killing the boys are mortal so they can... enjoy your little mortal daughter... and IF she survives he might just accept her as a daughter... or something..."

Alain's eyes widened further, "You're sending people to beat and rape a teenaged girl?"

"Alain..." Selena called out to him. The sound of her voice filled with fear and concern sliced into his soul, "Kesi can't kill me she is just a voice... please... protect Sonam... please..."

He did not want to leave her, not like this, but he was going to just stand by and let this woman or her people assault Sonam. The guitar case landed back onto the ground and he was already opening it.

"Oh yes..." Kesi sneered at him, "love sick fool go rescue the little princess... scurry like the whipped little mongrel you are..."

"Actually, I had something else in mind," He said snapping the sword up to press its razor sharp edge to her throat, "You must have a phone, or walkie talkie, or something to communicate with them. Well, pull it out and tell them to back off from her...or you will become suddenly a foot shorter here."
 
Another voice slipped in mortal in origin.

Clearly you don't hear so good... all she is... is a voice bub. We just have to make sure she gets back to the boss so put the toothpick away.

He then barked towards Kesi.

Cops are incoming lets get out of here. One down one dead... lets go... NOW.

Kesi seemed to jump.a little at the voice wincing as if.trying to hide fear.

Sonam staggered in a little bloody and battered. The sword as a crutch though it seemed to look as if it were pure blood as she paused there in the entrance just behind the man talking. She tried to lift the sword at the man in front of her even though his back was turned but he was wobbly and slumped down.

Mom... MOM...

The mortal commander took advantage of the distraction and shot at Alain to make sure they can get away.

Selena didn't care what was going on once she saw her daughter. She ran past them all and over to Sonam hugging her daughter making sure she was alright. Nothing mattered Kesi was not good enough to kill Alain and mortals only carried guns. Sonam was all that mattered. She crouched wiping the blood from Sonam's face glad to see it was not apparently all her blood. Selena was shaking as she continued to try to clean Sonam up using her own scarves and skirt to do the best she could to get the blood off of her so she could see just how injured Sonam was or wasn't. She knew Sonam could fight and handle herself in a fight but still she viewed this young woman as her daughter and had done so since Sonam was a very young child.

Her lack of fear of them only angered the mortal commander more as he was nearly shoved out of the way by this woman. Leveling the rifle again and wide spray shooting as cover for Kesi to get away.
 
Last edited:
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Actually, I had something else in mind," He said snapping the sword up to press its razor sharp edge to her throat, "You must have a phone, or walkie talkie, or something to communicate with them. Well, pull it out and tell them to back off from her...or you will become suddenly a foot shorter here."

"Clearly you don't hear so good... all she is... is a voice bub." A gruff voice from a man in black at the tent's entrance said, "We just have to make sure she gets back to the boss so put the toothpick away."

"And does this boss have a name," Alain asked lowering his sword but still keeping it between him and the man.

"Cops are incoming lets get out of here." The man barked to her ignoring Alain's question, "One down one dead... lets go... NOW."

Beside him Sonam staggered into the tent. She looked beaten and bloody. Seeing the man she raised it to point at him. In response the man raised his rifle up.

"No," He cried rushing for the man, even as Selena made for Sonam. Seeing this the man pulled out his gun and leveled it at Alain. The first shot hit one of the posts of Selena's stage the second nailed Alain in the shoulder. It hurt, but it wasn't the first time Alain had been shot. He groaned with the pain and staggered to the ground.

Selena had made it to Sonam as Alain rose back on his feet. As Kesi rushed out the man shot a wild spray of bullets forcing him Alain to duck behind a crate of folding chairs. Then the bullets stopped. Rising to his feet again and clutching his bleeding shoulder Alain say that the two of them were gone Selena and Sonam were still there.

"Selena," He asked his voice a little quivering from pain. Too many decades living the safe life of a businessman. "Are you and Sonam, okay?"
 
Selena was locked on Sonam trying to get her cleaned up so she could see how badly hurt she was only to find that she did not appear to be bleeding that much on her own she was nearly covered on someone else blood. Selena was shaking terrified and shaking as she tried to sooth her daughter her eyes though flooded with tears for so many reasons.

Sonam tried to bat her mothers hands away. She knew she was just roughed up and not wearing much of her own blood as she tried to sit up. She heard Alain's question and snarled trying to move to put herself between her mother and Alain with a growl pulling the sword with her ready to protect Selena.

What do you care... Who are you if you are not the butcher of an ex... trying to put on a good show to win Mom over or something?

Selena moved to stop Sonam

He is not the one Frank and the others protect me from Sonam... He is the one I protect... We need to get out of here they will not understand his unique condition...

Sonam slowly stood she still did not trust this immortal but no one seemed to share that distrust so she would temper it for now.

Lets go... safe place would probably be Aunt Gitana's temple or maybe his garage...

Selena nodded as she dragged Sonam over to Alain and moved to help him up. Being this close to him again brought more tears to her eyes as she reached a hand to help him. Sonam a little more defensive about it just took a hold of his good arm and did what she could to help him stay on his feet.

Grab onto mom we will walk you back to the garage but you try anything... just know the sword will be with me.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Grab onto mom we will walk you back to the garage but you try anything..." Sonam told him wearily, "just know the sword will be with me."

He chuckled though heavily tinged with pain and strain, "That doesn't frighten me. The way you hold that sword you couldn't cut a breeze, kid."

Groaning Alain placed a hand over his bulletwound in his shoulder. His sleeve and shirt was stained red with blood and more of it was coming out despite the pressure he was putting on the wound.

"Selena," He said softly, "I think the bullet in my shoulder nicked an arterie." He leaned against a tent pole, "In a minute I'm only going to be dead weight to you and the kiddo, literally."

"And I really liked this shirt too," He dropped onto the grass before the tentpole, as the light-headedness of bloodloss came over him. "Do you know how much trouble getting blood out of silk is?"

His vision was blurring, narrowing too. His legs and arms were heavy, and he didn't feel much from them. It wasn't the first time he bled to death, probably not the last either.

He didn't have much time left.
 
Selena looked around and looked to Sonam nodding to her.

The Train... We have to get him there the cops can not see him or either of us like without far more questions that he or I can answer.

Sonam growled at his words but knew he was right she was far too tired from the fights she had been in with the attack.

Yeah but I am in better shape than you...

With that the tinge of another immortal tagged the senses as a womans voice spoke.

Selena... Sonam... it is good that you are back in town... I will assist you with the young man to get him back to the train... The police do not see the train as an area they need to investigate but we must hurry.

The woman walked into their field of view carefully and easily helped them lift Alain up as she moved with the balance even burdened of someone much like his sifu. Selena nodded to her as did Sonam who seemed to know and relax a little with her being there. She looked to Alain and knew exactly who he was from talking to Selena and working her through all of the pain and death of heart she endured from having to leave him. She also knew that an attack like this was more of the pathetic cat and mouse of that coward of a butcher who could not accept that hearts move on over the centuries... nor that everyone would reply well to his madness.

Greetings young immortal I am Gitana and wield no desire for your head... I have until I have no other choice...retired.

They slowly made their way past the cops and the others and seemed to walk almost unseen to the train and carefully moving him into Selena's home on the rails. A modern replica of the the last place she left her pure and perfect soul... that little house in Venice. Once they had him laid down on the bed Gitana moved to examine and make sure the wound was sealing properly with no scar. She suspected that any weapons used were to mark any immortal that tried to help her she she would render that useless if she had to.

Sonam go and get him something to eat and drink as he may wake hungry. Selena you and I will speak in the other room privately if you wish?

Selena sat there watching him knowing he would awaken but still to see him like that she had to see for herself that he would return as she barely heard and shook her head no to Gitana.
 
Last edited:
IC: Alain De'Montreau

Everything was growing dark and dim. In a minute he'd be in the arms of death. There would be no heaven, no saint Peter at the pearly gates, no lake of fire, no god and no devils. There would only be total black, oblivion, and then he'd open his eyes and be alive and whole again.

There was once a time when he had fervently believed in the christian god, and heaven and hell. During the crusades to free the holy land from the heathens he had fought and slain men women even children content in that absolute belief of a religious fanatic. It wasn't until his first death that he had discovered what a horrible fool he'd been.

Soon, he was going to yet again reaffirm the ultimate truth. There was no god, and the blood of the people he had shed for that nonexistent god would forever be on his hands.

His life's blood began to seep down to nothing. His vision blurred, dimmed, narrowed.

There was someone else here, an immortal like him, like Selena, like Kesi, and the man Selena feared so much. What? Was there a convention of their kind in town and no one told him?

He saw her face look down upon his. She looked young, but in her eyes he could see the long long long march of centuries they had witnessed. "Greetings young immortal I am Gitana and wield no desire for your head... I have until I have no other choice...retired."

Then there was blackness, nothing, oblivion. No heaven, no hell, and no god again.

Then came his first breath as blood pumped through his veins again. His eyes opened and he sat up seeing Selena there waiting for him.

"Selena, I..." He trailed off. What could he say to her? For years he had dreamed of the things he would say if he ever came across her again and now here she was and he couldn't say anything to her.

Then he noticed that she had opened his shirt to make certain it would heal completely upon his return to life. And now she saw the leather strand and the two rings he had carried on it ever since Venice.

Her rings.

"Selena," He said buttoning back up his shirt to cover them back up, "It's been a long time hasn't it?"
 
Selena saw the rings and tears once more welled in her eyes. She was dead again though she sat there breathing forever alive. Every emotion from that night every pain deep within her very soul relived once more seeing the rings. Gitana read her eyes and soul beyond them like a book she knew all too well. Everyone of those emotions she had healed Selena from were right back assaulting her mind and soul over and over again. She moved to place an almost motherly hand on Selena's shoulder as she spoke.

Sonam and I will take a look outside to see if everything has calmed down for now. Be careful my dear and remember... this has happened for a reason... this may well be a good thing that all of this has come together in this time and place.

With that Gitana moved to take the tray of food from Sonam and place it down for them and then leading the young woman from the room silencing any protest with... This will be with or without the permission of the pitbull daughter... are we clear child?

Sonam nodded and followed her out but not before shooting a warning glance to Alain then closing the door.

Selena's eyes returned to his eyes as he rebuttoned his shirt. Hearing him speak she just nodded.

Yes... it has...

Her voice betrayed her pain once more. The fear of what might happen since her worst fear and her truest love were both in the same place. The soul rending pain of the reminder of what she had to leave and knew all too well she could never have again and the resignation that there was no escape this time. Gitana she knew would keep Sonam safe but transforming Sonam's life into that of a Nun she was not sure that would go over well. Gitana rarely left the old temple outside of town to the mountains so who could protect Alain... perhaps she could get him to take a trip to leave town until she was either back in that nightmare and long gone from this town or until the carnival left and as always the demon followed her.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Selena," He said buttoning back up his shirt to cover them back up, "It's been a long time hasn't it?"

"Yes..." She said her voice betraying a deep well of pain and sadness that echoed Alain's own, "it has..."

Shakily he rose up on his feet. "Who is it, Selena. Who is this man you run away from-" He shook his head. "No, don't tell me. I don't want to know."

He turned away from her, searching for and finding his guitar case. "Do you know the hardest part of you leaving me? Learning to move on, to face day after day of never seeing your face again. Do you know how many times it was almost too much to wake up to another day without you there? Do you know how many times I thought about just ending it, thinking on some elaborate death to decapitate myself?"

He opened the case to find his sword still inside. He looked back over his shoulder to her, "I-I can't go through that again. I'm heading home, you can run away from whats-his-name for the rest of time, for all I care. Forget me and I'll try to forget you again."

He got up and lifted the case back over his shoulder. "What we had is history, Selena. Ancient History."
 
Selena stood a fire once more gracing her eyes as she stared not at him but more through him. This was the man she had ripped her own soul apart to protect. Sacrificed her freedom not a few short miles away from where she had left him to keep him far from the blade of that butcher. She held no doubt that it had hurt him it had hurt her too. Seeking to anger the monster that plagued her bad enough to just kill her and free her from the deadness that was left of her soul. Death never came for either of them… but what did he care… males all the same simply worried solely on his own pain and loss unwilling to truly find out why. Not this time… Alain was going to hear her side not just take off without her speaking her peace.

How dare you… you even remotely assume that I have not died every day for all these never ending years since Venice… That I have not sought death at his hands or anyone’s to end this deadness where a soul used to be.

Standing the tears replaced with fire as her tone was cold mirroring the dead pit within her.

I died that night and every night since. Doing all I could to see to it that you…

She was angry but then her eyes softened… the tears returned as she turned from him staring at the décor in her train car home every piece a reminder of the night she ripped her heart and soul apart to protect him.

Perhaps you are right… that would be for the best. I would rather you be alive and hate me than dead because of me.

She turned cold again that Priestess distance touching her voice again.

Good Bye Mr De'Montreau


Gitana heard what was happening as she had returned to the car which carried the serpents next to Selena's car. She sighed shaking her head looking to the snakes she looked deep into the eyes of the massive one and shook her head.

You my friend are named for the happiest and the most painful time in her immortal life... more joy than she could ever imagine and more pain than that demon in immortal clothes could ever cause her.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

He opened the case to find his sword still inside. He looked back over his shoulder to her, "I-I can't go through that again. I'm heading home, you can run away from whats-his-name for the rest of time, for all I care. Forget me and I'll try to forget you again."

"How dare you… you even remotely assume that I have not died every day for all these never ending years since Venice…" She said with pain and anger in her voice, "That I have not sought death at his hands or anyone’s to end this deadness where a soul used to be."

"What we had is history, Selena. Ancient History." Alain tore his eyes away from her looking down to his shoes. The sound of the hurt in her voice called out to him, pulled at him, even now after so long apart from her, and every reason not to go to her and comfort her as he would have before Venice.

"I died that night and every night since." She told him. Her voice had changed, cooled, like those volcanoes in Greenland underneath the glaciers. A frozen sheet of Ice hiding the roiling Magma below. "Doing all I could to see to it that you… "

She had stopped in mid-sentence, "You didn't trust me, Selena. Not with whatever it was that made you run from me, from us. And now you don't trust me with it again." He told her shrugging off the urge to wrap his arms around her. No, he was still hurt and angry with her. "And I will never trust you as unconditionally as I did before Venice again, and because we can not trust eachother it's best to just leave and never see eachother again."

Her eyes had softened the Ice melting before him and the Magma receding back beneath the earth. "Perhaps you are right… that would be for the best." She said sadly, "I would rather you be alive and hate me than dead because of me."

"I don't hate you, Selena," He replied heading for the the door of the freight car's door, "I don't think I ever could truly hate you even after Venice and all these years. Its just the love...what we had together died that morning in Venice-dead and buried...ancient history."

She was now even more distant, "Good Bye Mr De'Montreau."

He didn't speak about the irony of her telling the good bye she couldn't in Venice. There was anger and and hurt still. He needed a drink. "Good bye, Selena."

He left the freight car then heading to his parked 57 Bel Air and the garage and his life he had been forced to make alone without her. Though he would make a stop at the nearest liquor store first.
 
Gitana waited till he left and walked back in. she saw past the cold distant Royal Priestess that stood there and to the pain ridden woman seeking death for the past several centuries. She sighed reaching a motherly hand to Selena only to find her hand blocked as she stared at Selena.

Not this time Gitana... I would rather know well the pain and death I feel mingled with the happiness that no matter how much he does or does not hate me that he is alive and I will continue to protect him no matter how he feels about me.

She turned to face her old friend with a deep calming breath...


I want you to take Sonam to the temple with you. Leave no opportunity for her to refuse or protest. I will after tonight's show leave... I will not let anything else happen to Frank or my family here and I will protect you Sonam and Alain no matter how he feels about it. I will be leading him away from here after that. If for some reason Alain comes to you and Sonam looking for answers tell him nothing. I will never stop protecting all of you.

Gitana just nodded. It had been many a decade since she had picked up a sword though she would figure out some way to protect Selena. She knew that Selena and Alain had been brought back together for a reason... Reasons would reveal themselves when they hose to not anyone else time frame but she hope it would be before Selena did something stupid.

Sonam watched him leave and wondered. Gitana trusted him but he caused her mother so much pain she seemed to cause him pain too but why? If he was not the one they all protect her from then who was he and what were they to each other. Moving closer to the door she overheard her mother telling Gitana to make her go to the temple with her and how she was going to lead him away from all of them and run again. Like Hell she thought. Gitana was happy this guy was back in her mothers life pain in all and she was going to find out why. She moved to the motorcycles and took off to follow him. She was going to get answers from someone.

Frank had conned the EMT into giving him supplies to patch himself up. It surprisingly didn't take much the kid was a vet like him and understood the need to stay in the field with his family. Once he had bandaged himself up he made a phone call.

Mac... Their paths crossed but he just took off but not before we had a regular convention around here. Kesi... that other poor victim of that butcher was here with a bunch of mortal idiots who tore up to place pretty bad. Threatened her daughter... if front of Selena and Alain. Gitana was even here... yeah she finally left her temple to venture out of her retirement tomb. Mac... whats the risk of him doing something stupid after seeing the fact that someone is hunting her? Will he walk away or what? Knowing her she is planning on running again... centuries of doing all she can to protect him and now having Sonam to protect as well. Speaking of...

He heard one of the motorcycles taking off and shook his head.

He is on his way back and Sonam may very well be tailing him. Mac... don't let anything happen to her... She is my replacement...

With that he hung up the phone before Mack could say anything His mind slipped back into some ancient past as he was back in Nam guarding his people hidden from all of them until needed. He would do all he could to protect her even if Alain would not. She may be centuries older than him but Frank looked to Selena more as a daughter than an assignment.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

Alain made it as far as eighth street before stopping at the liqour store. After Venice he had drowned his pain the loss of her in the bottom of a bottle, and it was many many years before he crawled back out of it. He hadn't touched the stuff since, but now...now the old wound to his heart caused by her absence was rent open once again. He wanted nothing more than to slip into the sweet oblivion alcohol offered.

He knew well indeed that it only offered a short-term oblivion, but Alain would take what he could get.

So he took a cart and bought alot of whiskey and bourbon, and even a bottle of merlot grown on the very plot of land he had been born upon centuries before. He took the bags of booze out to his Bel Air. And stopped.

He looked over to the corner of the building. No one was there, but he knew someone was. "You're not very good at tailing someone, kid," He announced, "Come on out. I know you're there."

When she did come out from the corner he asked, "Did she send you after me?"
 
Sonam walked the bike from the shadows. Almost looking like a natural on it. She made her way closer to the car and Alain.

She has no idea I am here. She does seem to think that I am going to go stay in some relic of a temple with aunt Gitana while she leads this whoever the hell he is away from here and from you. Now for why I am here... Gitana is less than willing to answer my questions about you or the ex and why mom would give a rats ass about protecting you from him. So I figure... you wanted us talk before and now that we both have questions we can help each other out. I don't know much about the ex butcher but you answer my questions and I will tell you what I know and see what we can figure out. I am only willing to do this cause you bring something out in mom I have never seen directed at anyone before. Lets go talk.

She stared at the abundant supply of alcohol and his expression deep in his eyes.

Yeah lets talk... she clearly means something to you too.
 
Last edited:
IC: Alain De'Montreau

When she did come out from the corner he asked, "Did she send you after me?"

"She has no idea I am here," Sonam stated, "She does seem to think that I am going to go stay in some relic of a temple with aunt Gitana while she leads this whoever the hell he is away from here and from you."

"You don't know either," Alain sighed. He hated secrets. It was why he had left the CIA, that and officially dying in some back alley of Havanna. He looked at her skeptically. "Then why are you here?"

"Now for why I am here," She said, "Gitana is less than willing to answer my questions about you or the ex and why mom would give a rats ass about protecting you from him. So I figure... you wanted us talk before and now that we both have questions we can help each other out. I don't know much about the ex butcher but you answer my questions and I will tell you what I know and see what we can figure out."

"Selena obviously wants me to remain ignorant of all of this," Alain nodded, "Why are you doing this?"

"I am only willing to do this cause you bring something out in mom I have never seen directed at anyone before," She answered, "Lets go talk."

"Talking wasn't what I had planned for the night," He replied looking down at the bags of alcohol he had.

"Yeah lets talk," Seeing it Sonam stated, "She clearly means something to you too."

"You have no idea what she meant to me, kid," He said, "Selena was my wife."

Alain sat inside the Bel Air adding, "Follow me to the garage. I'll let you stay the night before taking you back to your auntie in that relic of a temple in the morning."
 
Nodding Sonam waited for him to get going to follow him to the garage. As for spending the night just to get taken to the old temple anyways she was not so sure about that. Maybe she would just have to go hunting herself. That muddle crew of goons should not be too hard to find again. She was curious about him saying that her mother was his wife. Could he be the ex... Gitana and Frank swear up and down that he isn't but if her mother had been his wife that does make him an ex and the only ex anyone talks about is the one that hunts her.

As she rode along following him to the garage she tried to remember what bits and pieces she has ever gleaned about this ex over the years. He was someone from when she was in Egypt... Something about him possibly the reason she does not know much about sword fighting. Everyone calls him a butcher or a demon or a monster. Her mother whether she admits it or not is terrified of him. Sonam want to know about this ALain's past with her mother and why she would protect him instead of letting him get rid of the demon from her life.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau and Mac

The Bel Air pulled into the Auto-Immortality garage. Mac and the guys were still working on the roadster. They had atleast finished the body work on the side panel, and now were coaxing or cajoling and overall fussing about the rusted over suspension.

He climbed out of the car and saw that Sonam had pulled in behind him on her bike. And Mac having noticed their arrival was walking over to them.

"Evening boss," Mac stated, "Why's the brat here?"

"It's okay, Mac," He told him, "She's just staying the night."

Mac's eyebrow rose, "She's almost half your age boss. Is she even of legal age?"

"No," Alain shook his head. Half his age-not even close-which didn't make it look any better. "It's not like that. I would never."

Mac nodded to her, "No offense meant, girl, but don't you have a mom to run back to?"

"It's okay, Mac," Alain told him pulling out his guitar case from the car, "We're just going to be talking."

Mac looked inside the car at the bags of booze in the passenger seat. "This a reward for when me and the guys finish the roadster, boss?"

"No, they're all for me," He shut the trunk.

"Funny," Mac said leaning against the passenge-side door so no one could open it. "I don't think I've ever seen you drink before, infact I recall every time we had beers in the garage you always avoid them."

"Are you trying to say something, Mac?"

"Just that there's only one kind of man that avoids alcohol like you. The kind that knows that when he starts he can't find his way back out of the bottle," Mac said crossing his arms resolutely, "And when a man like that buys so much hooch like this there's only one reason." He looked pointedly at Sonam. "I don't think its the princess here, so why don't you tell me about her, boss, and leave these in the car here."

"Stay out of this, Mac." Alain said wondering what Mac was on about. He liked Mac because he never pried into Alain's life. This one, was doing the exact opposite of that. He couldn't wake up to a bed without her there again after walking away from her this time....he needed to get so drunk he could avoid that for as long as possible.

Mac pursed his lips. "Boss..."

"Move," Alain said pushing him away from the door and swinging it open and collecting the bags in his arms.

Mac straightened, "Alright, you're right, It's your life. I shouldn't interfere." He looked at Sonam imploringly. "Just promise you'll take it easy with the kid around."

Alain slammed the door and headed for his apartment upstairs, "Just tell the boys to take tonight off. I know we're under the deadline for the roadster, but something more important came up tonight. Lock up when you leave."

They left Mac looking forlorn. When they had gone upstairs he pulled out his phone and dialed Frank. "They're here. Yeah, she's with him. My guy is taking it like after Venice. Yeah, let's hope it doesn't take him twelve years to pull himself out again. You really think she can stop him. Maybe she can, I don't want to see him go all downhill again either."

He told Frank goodbye and returned his phone to the pocket of his coveralls. But before he returned to tell the boys they could go home for the night he looked up at the window of Alain's apartment. He cursed the role of the watcher to never ever interfere...he had already strained that to the limit without revealing the existence of the watchers to Alain. He wished he could do more for him, knowing what kind of self-destructive spiral his charge was on, but it was not in his hands now. He hoped Sonam would do more than he had.

Muttering a few choice cusswords he turned and headed back towards the roadster.
 
Sonam glared at Mac and his accusations and comments but not so much as when he mentioned a mother to get back to. Her eyes cold as she listened to the banter back and forth there was something about Mac and his seeming care for Alain... it reminded her of something but she could not place it for now. She wanted answers and while a drunk mans words are a sober man's thoughts if this idiot got too drunk she would get no answers. Following Alain upstairs she could not figure it out... so many people from the looks of it protecting this guy but he treats them all like dirt... what was the big deal about this immortal?

Break open the booze... and lets toast the immortal who treats those who care about him like dirt. Mom for whatever reason protects you from this butcher monster ex and you treat her like crap instead of trying to figure out why and that grouch downstairs worries about you and you nearly bite his head off... what the hell is up with you beyond the impending woe is me pity party you think you are gonna have.

Frank listened to Mac then hanging up the phone he muttered to himself. Kid lets hope you can pull off a miracle we are all gonna need it.

Gitana remained Selena overnight knowing that Sonam was going to have to deal with all this her own way before she accepted her task to butt out and wait at the temple.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

Alain slammed the door and headed for his apartment upstairs, "Just tell the boys to take tonight off. I know we're under the deadline for the roadster, but something more important came up tonight. Lock up when you leave."

He led Sonam upstairs to his apartment. It was a modest apartment, balanced and arranged within the strictures of feng shuei. To one side was a Buddhist shrine he had set up the other was a collection of swords on the wall, a moorish scimitar, a scottish claymore, a kris sword from the phillipines, a japanese katana, and a jin sword given to him by Sifu Yuwei. Beyond that the apartment was decorated with photos and momentos from his long long life. The trophy he won racing the third annual Daytona 500 in the corner, His first edition of "For whom the bell tolls" signed by Hemmingway himself, The helmet and uniform he had worn in the trenches of the first world war, a surcoat of Templar knight. A picture of him among the founders of the CIA. ...etc...etc.

He entered the kitchen and placed the bags of bottles onto the counter. Maybe he had been too harsh on Mac?

Sonam spoke up then, "Break open the booze... and lets toast the immortal who treats those who care about him like dirt."

He looked over to her pulling out a glass and the bottle of bourbon. "I remember when I was your age...I was judgmental too." He opened the fridge and tossed her a can of lemon-lime soda to drink.

"Mom for whatever reason protects you from this butcher monster ex and you treat her like crap instead of trying to figure out why," She continued.

"Protect me," He asked opening the bourbon and pouring himself a reckless amount of it, "That's how she sees it. Protection...every day without her was a torture. That's what her protection put me through, and I'm supposed to forget that and forgive her so easily now." He raised the glass and took a drink from the bourbon. It burned on the way down, just as he remembered it. Good.

"And that grouch downstairs worries about you and you nearly bite his head off..." She asked, exasperated, "what the hell is up with you beyond the impending woe is me pity party you think you are gonna have?"

"Look kid," He told her lowering the glass down on the counter, "If you have a problem with me you can leave." He lifted the bourbon and poured himself another glassfull. "You wanted to know who I am. I'm the man that loved her so much it destroyed me when she left me."
 
Well then do something about it cause that bottle is NOT going to give you any answer to the questions you need the answers to now is it? I have heard her talk with GItana... I have heard Mom and Frank talk I can tell you what I know. You were willing to marry her and willing to drink yourself stupid over her but not willing to fight for her... I thought that's what you immortals did.

She cracked open the drink only to set it down.

So you wanna know what I know and see if it makes any more sense after that attack on MY family that got you shot or do you wanna run back into that bottle like some pathetic pussy. All this stuff here the CIA and all of that... looks like you used to be a stand up guy in this world to help and protect people and take out trash like the monster that hunts and hurts her... Yeah I said hurts... She does not apparently always stay away from him... but she does manage to escape... Gitana has done some weird healing thing on her mind so many times it almost doesn't work any more because of this monster and I bet because of you too.

Crossing her arms she closed the distance and standing right in his face she locked on his eyes as she spoke again. She could pull that same cold that Selena could but hers was out of feeling too much not like Selena who could separate herself from her emotions.

What do you know of her time in Egypt... My best guess from some stuff she has commented on watching TV Old Kingdom...

Pausing for a moment she thought trying hard to remember anything that might strike a chord anything that might jog a memory for him that could be a starting point for them both to get a decent grip on this mystery before everyone's world went to hell yet again over some monster in the shadows.

I know she refuses to watch anything about Rome from Caligula through Nero's time. She cried when we watched a special about them searching for Hatsheput. And when she found me it was like she knew Lhasa as if she had lived there all her life.

Shaking her head for some reason doubting this asshole even cares she turns and walks over to a chair and sits down.

She knows how to sword fight... not too bad at it actually but this bastard whoever he is has her so terrified of using one to protect or defend herself its insane... but what do you care right?
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Look kid," He told her lowering the glass down on the counter, "If you have a problem with me you can leave." He lifted the bourbon and poured himself another glassfull. "You wanted to know who I am. I'm the man that loved her so much it destroyed me when she left me."

"Well then do something about it cause that bottle is NOT going to give you any answer to the questions you need the answers to now is it," She retorted.

His face twisted up as he raised the bottle of bourbon to pour another glassfull for himself, but it made a resounding noise as he placed back on the counter. His glass remained empty. He glowered at her. "You're what? Fourteen? Sixteen? What do you know, kid?"

"I have heard her talk with Gitana... I have heard Mom and Frank talk I can tell you what I know," Sonam continued opening her can of soda and placing it down on the counter opposite the bottle of bourbon, "You were willing to marry her and willing to drink yourself stupid over her but not willing to fight for her... I thought that's what you immortals did."

"It isn't that easy," He growled, "Letting it go. Getting back up off your feet. When you know love and loss you'll understand."

"So you wanna know what I know and see if it makes any more sense after that attack on MY family that got you shot or do you wanna run back into that bottle like some pathetic pussy." She shot back, "All this stuff here the CIA and all of that... looks like you used to be a stand up guy in this world to help and protect people and take out trash like the monster that hunts and hurts her... Yeah I said hurts... She does not apparently always stay away from him... but she does manage to escape..."

That stung him, down to his core. The thought of someone hurting Selena set his blood to boiling.

"Gitana has done some weird healing thing on her mind so many times it almost doesn't work any more because of this monster and I bet because of you too."

"Me," He asked surprised at how reassured he felt that leaving him had hurt Selena just as much as it had hurt him. So much that they both tried to escape from it in their own ways.

Sonam crossed her arms and rounded the counter to stare him down. "What do you know of her time in Egypt..." She asked, "My best guess from some stuff she has commented on watching TV Old Kingdom...I know she refuses to watch anything about Rome from Caligula through Nero's time. She cried when we watched a special about them searching for Hatsheput. And when she found me it was like she knew Lhasa as if she had lived there all her life."

He shook his head, "I can't tell you that. I don't know. When we were together we agreed never to discuss our pasts."

She turned and walked over to his living room and sat down, "She knows how to sword fight... not too bad at it actually but this bastard whoever he is has her so terrified of using one to protect or defend herself its insane... but what do you care right?"

He followed after her leaving the bottles behind on the counter, "I care, so much, I wish I didn't. What do you know of what happened to her after Venice?"
 
Sonam thought for a moment. She knew she had heard her mother and Gitana talking about her only escaping at some time far enough to keep someone safe but not far enough to keep herself free and safe... could that have been... It had to be this guy was the only person her mother ever spoke of actually having sacrificed herself to protect them. She stared right at him reading people was a fairly decent talent in card sharking but it also came in handy right now... she knew what she was about to say would hit him pretty hard.

I don't know if this is from Venice but since you are the only person I have ever heard mother talking about having actively sacrificed her soul and heart to protect then I... You are not going to like it... I don't think.

She stared at her hands as she continued to speak.

Mom and Gitana were talking once about a time that Gitana had seen in her mind and had fought hard to heal her from... She had ripped apart her own soul to protect someone who meant more to her than she could have ever imagined setting foot in her life. She had done everything she could to cover her tracks from everyone but... he found her. He was apparently not in any recognizable form of human mind and she actively tried to push him to the point of killing her himself but he never would... Apparently it was far too important to have her around for whatever twisted abuse and hell he could dish out.

She looked up at him...

How sick is that huh... when you can't even make a murderous monster kill you... so you kill yourself every time you let someone into your heart and soul... but Death still says no... Gotta wonder if it was an immortal that started or was the reason for the belief of reincarnation? I know this guy may be older or about Moms true age and Aunt Gitana knows him... or has had to deal with him as well or something.

Shaking her head

She spends centuries constantly running from him and centuries trapped by him... and not once has anyone thought to free her. Apparently he had made her do things to help him with other people or something like I said I get bits and pieces they don't like talking about him around me. Frank thinks I would do something like hunt the bastard down myself... hell not a half bad idea none of you all can protect mom... guess I have to.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

He followed after her leaving the bottles behind on the counter, "I care, so much, I wish I didn't. What do you know of what happened to her after Venice?"

"I don't know if this is from Venice but since you are the only person I have ever heard mother talking about having actively sacrificed her soul and heart to protect then I... You are not going to like it... I don't think." She said slowly, "Mom and Gitana were talking once about a time that Gitana had seen in her mind and had fought hard to heal her from... She had ripped apart her own soul to protect someone who meant more to her than she could have ever imagined setting foot in her life."

He sat down heavily across from her his heart a lead weight in his chest at that. Selena had cared....but... "Go on," He said with a voice hoarse with emotion.

"She had done everything she could to cover her tracks from everyone but... he found her." Sonam continued, "He was apparently not in any recognizable form of human mind and she actively tried to push him to the point of killing her himself but he never would... Apparently it was far too important to have her around for whatever twisted abuse and hell he could dish out."

"Abuse," He asked low, dangerously. Even now with the past century of seperation and hurt between them the thought of someone, anyone, hurting Selena made Alain's blood boil. "Who is this man?"

She looked up to him, "How sick is that huh... when you can't even make a murderous monster kill you... so you kill yourself every time you let someone into your heart and soul... but Death still says no... Gotta wonder if it was an immortal that started or was the reason for the belief of reincarnation? I know this guy may be older or about Moms true age and Aunt Gitana knows him... or has had to deal with him as well or something."

Alain's fingers were tight on the leather of his chair's armrests as he listened.

"She spends centuries constantly running from him and centuries trapped by him... and not once has anyone thought to free her. Apparently he had made her do things to help him with other people or something like I said I get bits and pieces they don't like talking about him around me." She said shaking her head, "Frank thinks I would do something like hunt the bastard down myself... hell not a half bad idea none of you all can protect mom... guess I have to. "

No one could protect her? If she had only confided in him, trusted him, Alain would have. But that was neither here nor there. Alain quirked an eyebrow at her at that looking her up and down. "You're not ready to go headhunting, kid, but if you're determined I can give you hand in preparing for it."

He got up and crossed over to the wall and took down the Jin sword Sifu Yuwei had given to him. "Take it," He offered it to her.

When she did he shook his head. "Keep your wrist down but loose. Spread your fingers a little more, and fold your thumb like this over them."

When she had done as he suggested Alain stepped in front of her and looked into her eyes. Without warning his hand suddenly darted out smacking against the flat of the blade, and knocking it to one side. It stayed solidly under her control within her grasp though. "Better, much better." He nodded appreciatively to her.

He stepped back giving them some space, "The problem when facing one of us, is we've died before, some of us hundreds of times before, so there isn't much if any fear of death. None of us would so much as flinch at anything less than a fatal blow, Kiddo, while you on the other hand will always be at a disadvantage against one of us because of it."

He widened his feet and crouched into a classic horse stance. "Come attack me."
 
Back
Top