What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dickhead, just thought you should know the truth.

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it smacked you right in your sloped forehead.

The article you posted actually affirms MY argument, namely that Congress does not and has never "looted" the fund, nor is SS in the "general fund".

Because you lack the capacity to own up to your error (common amongst your over-60 generation), you want to debate semantics.

Had you attended an accredited college, assclown, you'd have learned in accounting 102 that government trust funds are accounted for differently from private trust fund.

The SS has one unique wrinkle in it, which you cling to desperately in the vain hope of proving me wrong, in that there is no "property interest" for individual recipients, which in plain English means that if you die before you've exhausted what you've paid into it (with interest, of course), your estate is shit out of luck.

Conversely, the opposite is also true, when you live longer than expected, Social Security continues to pay retirement benefits even after you've exhausted what you pay in.

That's the unique nature of the beast.

The rest is simply government accounting, which as your article likes to say, has seniors imagining a perfidious Congress looting the fund.

Nothing could be further from the truth, of course, but your posting history shows that truthiness is often an afterthought.

I have enjoyed this opportunity to expose and hopefully lessen your ignorance of yet another subject.
 
Last edited:
Jobless claims are down. Now where is Vettes furry little friend to report this?

Hey.Moron. NIGGER DRECK, you shouldn't have opened you mouf

Claims Drop To 370K, Beat Expectations Even As Unadjusted Claims Soar By 140K In One Week


And so the BLS and DOL are back to "seasonal adjustments." Because in a week in which the Sandy effect was supposed to fade, at least on a seasonally adjusted basis, nothing could spoil the party. And sure enough, the headline number dropped from an upward revised (how else) 395,000 to 370,000, well below the expected 380,000. The real story, however, is how the DOL is doing all it can to smooth the noise, because in the week ended December 1, Not Seasonally Adjusted Initial Claims soared by 139,678 - the highest since January, to a whopping 498,619. Compare this to the SA number of 370,000, and one can see why in the aftermath of Sandy, it is quite clear that between hurricane distortions and seasonal adjustments, the headline number is completely meaningless. Confirming this was the surge in Continuing Claims, which ripped from 2,835,671 to 3,301,200, an increase in continuing claims of 465,529, or nearly half a million, in one week! But at least the pre-election boost of those collecting extended claims is over, with those on EUCs down by 110K in one week, thereby ending the extended Uncle Sam handout for over a hundred thousand Americans, who will now be forced to seek solace in disability benefits.
 
I know, put this REDSKIN CUNT on the Banking Cmt

Oh wait

THEY DID:D

Only NIGGER DUMZ can be so STEW PID


CAMPAIGNING AS THEY GOVERN: Elizabeth Warren campaign in debt even after raising $42 million. “Even after raising a whopping $42 million for her Senate race this year – more than any other congressional candidate in the country – the senator-elect from Massachusetts told her supporters that her campaign does not have enough cash to pay its bills.”
 
Better question

WHY DONT YOU SAY HIS POLICIES WILL TAKE IT DOWN TO THE LEVEL

WHERE IT WAS THE WORST ECONOMY SINCE H HOOVER......5.5%


LIKE WHAT HAPPENED UNDER BUSH:D
 
I know, put this REDSKIN CUNT on the Banking Cmt

Oh wait

THEY DID:D

Only NIGGER DUMZ can be so STEW PID



.Weasel Zippers: Scouring the bowels of the internet


Breaking: GOP Senator Jim DeMint Stepping Down To Run Heritage Foundation – Update: GOP Source Says Tim Scott “Undisputed Favorite” To Replace DeMint…


Bummer, why couldn’t it be Lindsey Graham?

Via WSJ:

South Carolina U.S. Senator Jim DeMint will replace Ed Feulner as president of the Heritage Foundation. Mr. DeMint will leave his post as South Carolina’s junior senator in early January to take control of the Washington think tank, which has an annual budget of about $80 million.

Sen. DeMint’s departure means that South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, will name a successor, who will have to run in a special election in 2014. In that year, both Mr. DeMint’s replacement and Sen. Lindsey Graham will be running for reelection in South Carolina.

Mr. DeMint was reelected to a second term in 2010. The 61-year-old senator had announced earlier that he would not seek a third term.

Mr. Feulner, who is 71 and planned to step down, is to be named chancellor of Heritage, a new position, and will continue in a part-time capacity as chairman of the foundation’s Asian Studies Center.

Update: Yes, please.



[A] South Carolina Republican source, who asked that his or her named not be used, told CBS News that South Carolina Rep. “Tim Scott is the undisputed favorite – and probably preferred by Jim DeMint.”

“It would be historic for an Indian American governor from the Deep South to appoint an African American to the US Senate,” said the source. “I think it’s highly unlikely she would appoint a placeholder. There are too many critical votes coming in the next 24 months. Scott and DeMint are lock step on the issues.”

Keep reading…

0 0 0 0 New
ZIP | December 6, 2012 11:06 am | 26 Comments

Despite Raising Record Setting $42 Million, Elizabeth Warren Ends Campaign Owing $400,000…


It’s almost like liberals have no clue how to manage money.

Via Boston Globe:

Elizabeth Warren raised a whopping $42 million for her Senate race — more than any other congressional candidate in the country. Yet the noted scholar on the root causes of debt and bankruptcy made a surprising admission on Wednesday: she needs a little help paying her bills.

In an e-mail to supporters, the senator-elect from Massachusetts revealed that her campaign is in debt and asked for donations to help her out of the hole. Though she did not disclose the sum in her e-mail, a campaign official said Warren owes $400,000.

So how did a record fund-raiser end up in red ink?

Warren’s academic research has demonstrated that personal bankruptcy often stems from job loss, divorce, and catastrophic illness. In the case of her campaign, she is blaming pepperoni and mushrooms
 
Why does the Heritage Foundation have a chancellor? That sounds a bit Euro model to me.
 


The trouble with economic illiterates and innumerates is that they are so easily fooled. They are effortlessly persuaded to vote for charlatans who promise them an endless supply of bread, circuses, food stamps and free lunches.


Like Voltaire's Candide, they are perpetual professional victims. They repeatedly fall for the false and impossible promises of swindlers and con artists. They believe in perpetual motion, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. They play lotteries. They go to Las Vegas. They believe the palpably untrue. When inconvenient reality eventually rears its ugly head— as it inevitably does— it's someone else's fault and they look to the Messiah to save them from the consequences of their stupidity.


 
A wave of companies has begun boosting dividend payouts in recent days, spurred not by the generosity of the holiday season but by the very real threat that taxes on investments may rise on Jan. 1, 2013.

Walt Disney Co., Costco Wholesale Corp., Dillard's Inc., Las Vegas Sands Corp. and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. are among those either issuing special dividends or moving up payouts from 2013 to this year.

The reason is the scheduled expiration of the Bush tax cuts, which not only slashed marginal tax rates but also cut the rate on investment income from capital gains and dividends to 15 percent. If lawmakers are unable to strike a deal by year-end, capital gains will revert to a 20 percent tax rate and dividends will be taxed as ordinary income -- with the wealthiest paying about 40 percent.

Companies, many of which are sitting on huge amounts of cash, are trying to return some of that to investors before they get hit with a massive tax bill.
 
Jobless claims are down. Now where is Vettes furry little friend to report this?

DUMBASSNIGGER DRECK


Gallup Finds Unemployment Rate Soars Follwing Presidential Election
Two months ago, there were various prominent pundits who were furiously mocked and ridiculed by those whose job in the media it is to mock and ridicule, for suggesting what most know: that economic data is widely nuanced, massaged, adjusted, goalseeked and outright manipulated by various political interests. That someone would feign outrage by this allegation is laughable at best (and sorry, the "too many people were involved to keep it a secret" excuse is now absolute rubbish following the confirmation of Liborgate, yet another conspiracy theory until it became a conspiracy fact), yet all the "serious" outlets of insight did just that. Now that the election is over, for one reason or another "unnuanced" normalcy is about to strike back with a vengeance, as soon as tomorrow with the official release of November jobs data. And if the just released Gallup unemployment data is any indication, the amount of outright goalseeking by the fine folks at the BLS was nothing short of startling. Because after recording an adjusted unemployment rate of 7.4% in October, the November unemployment rate, based on a random sample of 29,308 adults, soared by a whopping 0.9% in one month to 8.3%, the most since the Great financial crisis itself! And furthermore, at 8.3% the unemployment rate is now the highest since May. Is it time yet for all those sellsiders to admit they were wrong weeks after producing beautiful pitchbooks of how 2013 will be "different this time" and the economy will soar? Or should we wait a few weeks first?
The unemployemnt rate per Gallup:

Gallup's take:
These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews, conducted by landline and cell phone, with approximately 30,000 Americans throughout the month -- 67.2% of whom are active in the workforce. Gallup calculates a seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by applying the adjustment factor the government used for the same month in the previous year. Last year, the government adjusted the November rate upward by 0.5 percentage points.

It is unclear what caused the increase in the unemployment rate in November, although some experts speculate that it was caused by jobs lost as a result of superstorm Sandy. It is also possible that lackluster holiday hiring is to blame.

Although the increase in the unadjusted rate in November is a sharp contrast to the 0.9-point decline seen in October, November's 7.8% rate is still tied for the second-best unadjusted unemployment monthly reading of 2012. However, on an adjusted basis, November's rate is the highest reading in six months. Looking at year-to-year comparisons, seasonally adjusted unemployment is down from 8.9% in November 2011.
As for U-6 (underemployment)...

Underemployment, as measured without seasonal adjustment, was 17.2% in November, a 1.3-point increase since the end of October. The uptick in November also puts an end to the six-month trend of improvements or no change. Still, underemployment has improved 0.9 points since November 2011.

Gallup's U.S. underemployment measure combines the percentage who are unemployed with the percentage of those working part time but looking for full-time work. Gallup does not apply a seasonal adjustment to underemployment.
Finally, as so often happens in the New Normal, take anything you believe and flip it. Which is why if objective reality is precedent, expect the BLS to announce yet another improvement in the unemployment rate, increasingly more often notices of major layoffs of blue chip companies notwithstanding.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top