A Long Lost Love (Closed)

Damian was just trying to get her mind off of Scott or how he had clearly made her feel, though as they headed over to the treadmills he nodded to her gently.

" I was going to invite you out for dinner anyway, so that works out well."

He didn't mention going back to her home alone since he didn't want her focusing on that, instead, it was clear Damian at least cared enough to stick around her, instead of running away, assuredly to some other woman who wasn't as 'argumentative'. As they climbed up onto the machines though he set it to an easier walk, this just a cool down after a workout after all.

" If you'd like, you can come check out my place, I've got it up to speed now, and I can even show you some pictures of my SEAL squad."

He was clearly trying to get her mind off of Scott or her troubles... in the end Damian WAS a good guy.
 
"Yeah, that'd be nice. Maybe I can pick us up something and bring it to the house." Izzy offered as he invited her over to see what he had done with the rental. "Anything you want in particular? We have some really good restaurants here still."
 
Damian smiled as she suggested that she pick up something and nodded to her.

" I've been a sucker for pasta ever since I was over in Italy."

He admitted with a smile, though even as she said that there was still some of the older style restaurants in the area, so Damian simply shrugged as he cooled down with her.

" Look, I know that you're feeling pretty down, but you don't have to be. I'll pick up a nice wine and we can have some fun."
 
"It's a deal." Izzy said, giving him the first smile that she had mustered all day. "I'll pick up some Italian and be at your house around 6. We can make a night of it."
 
Damian nodded though he saw that smile and counted it as a victory, so he simply nodded to her.

" That sounds great. It's two now, So go on, I'll meet you at my place for 6. Do you prefer red or white wines?"

He still needed to learn a few things about her after all, though after her answer he shooed her off, he did have one more client before he headed home. He made sure to get together the album his team had put together of them when he had retired along with a few other things, the artwork and pieces he had put in the home were from all over the world, but really, Damian was just looking forwards to spending some more time with her and ensuring that she didn't have to be alone.

He had plates and cutlery set out but he didn't have a formal dinner setting out, he figured Izzy would want to feel casual and not want to have to be formal, so he settled himself about an hour to go and jumped in the shower, cleaning down he threw on a light silvery button down shirt along with dark grey shorts, he very much ready for his evening in taking her mind off her recent fight with Scott!
 
Izzy hadn't done anything special after she had gotten home. She showered and applied her makeup like normal. She looked like herself, even in the large mirrors of the expensive bathroom she currently had. Pulling on a comfortable dress, she was soon out the door to pick up their food.

Exactly at 6, she arrived at Damian's house, bags of food in her hands. When he answered the door, she gave him a slight smile as he saw everything she had picked up.

"When I'm sad, I just want to eat." She said with a slight shrug of her shoulders, letting him take some of the bags from her hands.
 
Damian wasn't asking her to do anything special, he didn't expect her to always be beautiful, he just thought inwardly that she naturally was.

As she arrived though he gave her a curious look but simply shrugged back as he took some of the bags, and leading her in she could see he had filled out the house nicely, the living room having a big screen television on the wall, along with a comfortable couch and coffee table. He had a small circular dining table which is where he had the plates and cutlery set up.

" Well you're lucky Izzy, because in my house is a judgment free zone, especially for italian food."

He mused with a grin, though of course he helped her set out the food and popped a bottle of red as well as white wine, he having both, it clear he wasn't letting her feel alone or unwanted tonight!
 
"Well, at least you know I work hard at the gym. A little feast once in a while isn't going to be hurt me." She said with a smile as they worked to set out the food.

"Red wine for me. I've never gotten a taste for white wine." Izzy commented as she watched him pouring from the wine bottles.
 
Damian chuckled but nodded easily to her.

" Oh I'm not passing judgement, you're more than welcome to feast up."

He mused with a grin, though he poured out the full bodied red wine for her, it having hints of cherry and smoked wood in it which was nice, along with the white peach chardonnay for himself. Picking up the glasses and bringing them over to the coffee table he returned and helped finish setting out food before he grinned gently.

" All right, so what all do we have?"

He asked with a smile, he clearly ready to spend the night wining and dining with her.
 
"I got a little of everything. Pasta, lasagna, dessert, salad, bread. Spaghetti and fettachini and ziti. Anything you want." Izzy said with a small grin as if she had done something completely foolish. "Scott never likes to have large meals unless it's at a fancy restaurant. I indulge when he goes back to the city as often as I can."

She picked up her glass of wine as Damian helped her to unpack everything. "Sadly, I never really became a good cook. I hate recipes and the time it takes to make the food."
 
Damian grinned as she rattled off the things she had ordered, though as she admitted that Scott didn't like having larger meals Damian shrugged.

" Well I'm not one to judge too harshly, but those who do not indulge are idiots."

He purred with a smirk, though as she said that she had never become a good cook Damian chuckled.

" Some people have a knack for recipes and cooking, others are lucky to have a stomach hungry enough to enjoy it."

Finishing unpacking he picked a bit of everything onto a rather large plate, though picking up his own glass of wine he headed over to the couch and flipped on the television, though grinned to her.

" So, what are we going to watch?"

He had set up a streaming service so they could watch whatever she liked... he was there to boost up her spirits and make sure that she wasn't lonely! As a friend of course, he was there as her friend.
 
"It's your house. I suppose we'll watch anything you want to watch." Izzy said with a grin as she started to load up her own plate and took a seat next to him with her wine glass as well. "You know me. I'm pretty easy when it comes to everything."
 
Damian rolled his eyes though his grin only turned to a smirk as he regarded her.

" You're just saying that because you hate making decisions."

He teased, or at least she used to be, though her secondary comment made him think his assumption was right. Picking The Spy who dumped Me Damian figured a good comedy was in order, though he settled in, there a nice little couch side table for her to settle her wine onto, Damian simply dug into the food with a groan of pure appreciation.

" Hey, if you work hard, you get to enjoy whatever you want."

He grumbled with a happy grin, he simply enjoying his time with her!
 
Izzy settled back against the sofa, knowing that he was right when it came to making decisions. She was always uncertain about many things in her life. The few things that she had been firm about in her life, namely her career, had been fantastic. Her marriage, however, was turning out to be as big a mess as she thought it might be.

"Yeah, I guess I still am pretty bad when it comes to decision making." Izzy said with a shrug of her shoulders.
 
Damian shrugged as well though simply relaxed and ate some of his food happily. He was just glad that he had re-connected with her. She had been the one person back then who he had trusted, and still did so as well.

" Well, enough about negativity and whatnot, eat food, drink wine and enjoy the comedy."

He mused with a grin, though he looked to her with a straight face.

" Also Izzy, no matter what this is a safe area. I won't tell anyone about anything you say here, so if you ever need to really vent... come to me."

He was serious... everyone needed to vent from time to time in their own ways.
 
"This is your house now. You need your own space and you don't need me around all the time making a mess of things." Izzy said as he insisted that she sit there and enjoy herself. "I'll survive. I always do, right?"
 
Damian shrugged and simply held up his hands in a mock surrender pose as she insisted that he simply live for himself instead of worrying over her.

" That's true... you've always been a survivor Izzy."

He gave a warm, supportive smile but left it at that. He didn't really want to make things awkward between them so he let the subject drop and instead simply enjoyed his time with her, laughing at the movie, eating great food and sharing excellent company. In life, that's sometimes all one should ask for.
 
Izzy relaxed as the night wore on, drinking more than she had in a while and enjoying Damian's company. It was like their friendship had never been interrupted and they had picked up right where they left off. They could laugh with one another, talking about nearly anything, and she still thought that Damian was the smartest man that she had ever met in her life.
 
Damian still thought Izzy to be one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen, and being her friend, well that was good enough for him even though he did want more. He even pulled an album over once they were done eating and showed her the different places he had been in his travels, along with the men and women he had served with over the years. He was proud of his service, but wasn't sad to not be in the line of fire any longer.
 
"My agency took me to Paris once for a show. I was terribly nervous and found out that I was better in front of the camera than I was in person. Scott keeps talking about taking me all over the world, but the furthest we've gotten is Canada." Izzy said as she looked over his photos with a lot of interest. "Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my life here, but then I know there's nowhere else that I'd rather be. This is home."
 
Damian smiled as she explained about doing a show in Paris, though he nodded as well.

" Some people are better in person, some prefer the camera."

He shrugged though as she mentioned feeling like she was wasting her life, though he reached over and taking her hand he gave it a supportive squeeze.

A life is never wasted as long as you've lived it Izzy. Get a goal for yourself, and work for yourself. I'm not usually one to bash others, but if Scott's an asshole and can't appreciate you then ignore him and do what makes you happy."

He finally realized he was still holding her hand and let it go with a slight blush, he hadn't meant to be so forwards with her, but well, he hoped she'd remember how even as a 'nerd' he had stuck up for her in high school. Much had changed with Damian, but much had remained the same with him as well.
 
"I knew that Scott had other women when I decided to marry him. It's just a part of our life." Izzy said with a shrug of her shoulders as she took another drink from her wine glass. "I've just never been brave enough to find someone else as well. I don't think he would care, to be honest."
 
Damian kind of gave her a curious look when she admitted that she knew Scott was cheating on her, but he decided not to press on that issue, though as she spoke about not being brave enough to find someone for herself he smiled slightly.

" Well I don't know about being brave, but if he didn't care he's a fool of a man. Besides, you deserve to be happy Izzy."

He clearly didn't care if she was married, but after her not even accepting his hug earlier that week he wasn't going to be pushing any boundaries, though he did add.

" Besides, you're even more beautiful than you were years back, so I can't see you having trouble finding someone who's attracted to you to be very hard."
 
"People only want to be with me because they think I'm pretty." Izzy said as she looked over at Damian. "And you can't tell me with a straight face that you haven't seen the nude modeling too. What guy wants me for my brains when they've seen my body?"
 
Damian nodded slightly to her first statement... he'd imagine there'd be a few men who'd want to be with her because of that, though a blush did creep over his cheeks as she said that about the nude modelling.

" Well... that's true, I won't lie and say I haven't, because I have."

He sighed, the wine in his glass down low, he moved and standing he finished his glass off.

" I CAN say though that I do want to be with you more than just because of your body Izzy."

He moved and picking her glass up he went and re-filled them, leaving her with that thought, though as he returned he set hers down and settled back down.

" Before I ran away... I knew you were beautiful, but it wasn't just because of your body. You may think you're stupid but you're not, and they may call me smart but I'm horrible with relationships because through the years I kept thinking of you."

He didn't even really know why he was rambling, but he pressed on.

" I wasn't strong enough back then to tell you the truth, but I think you're smart, beautiful, sexy and strong, even if you don't."

He kind of fell quiet then, his heart racing. He didn't know what she'd say to that one, so he had no choice but to wait with baited breath.
 
Back
Top